Boostcruising Willowbank Track Day Aftermath! - **UPDATED** results, comments, thoughts  

Page 3 of 5
Jump to page
angels666
Post #71

I don't think anyone can honestly give a bad opinion or report from yesterday, which is excellent to see biggrin.gif

QUOTE (angels666 @ Aug 23 2004, 11:13 AM)
I don't think anyone can honestly give a bad opinion or report from yesterday, which is excellent to see biggrin.gif

From what I saw everyone was having a ball biggrin.gif

QUOTE (SupraCrazy @ Aug 23 2004, 11:15 AM)
From what I saw everyone was having a ball biggrin.gif

Yer i have to agree everyine was having a great time!! But i think some will be paying the price today with gettin sunburnt!! which i am haha i still dont no how i got burnt seeing i was in a car all day with a helmet on lol tongue.gif

Blake

DreamensioN
Post #74

Hey - who was the guy that had that old 3cyl car that was doing like 24sec pass's? He had the camera in the back and was filming his passes.

What was the story there? Cause it was funny as. I heard several rumours.
a: He's trying to break into the 23sec bracket. laugh.gif
b: He was one of the sub-11 sec cars that had to pull out and that was his other car.
c: He was just takin' the piss. LMAO! laugh.gif

I just thought the car was hilarous - it sounded like it was tuned on Croatia. hahahaha..... top stuff for whatever reason it was racing. thumbsup.gif

QUOTE (DreamensioN @ Aug 23 2004, 11:20 AM)
Hey - who was the guy that had that old 3cyl car that was doing like 24sec pass's? He had the camera in the back and was filming his passes.

What was the story there? Cause it was funny as. I heard several rumours.
a: He's trying to break into the 23sec bracket. laugh.gif
b: He was one of the sub-11 sec cars that had to pull out and that was his other car.
c: He was just takin' the piss. LMAO! laugh.gif

I just thought the car was hilarous - it sounded like it was tuned on Croatia. hahahaha..... top stuff for whatever reason it was racing. thumbsup.gif

haha yer i saw that guy with the camera mounted that thing was a rig!! did he get into the 23s bracket???

SupraCrazy
Post #76

He was CrazyBunny wink.gif

crazy_bunny
Post #77

i did a 22.368 on NOS thank u very much...... But if anyone heard the engine by the end of the day well you know the story.... No. 4 cylinder was just pumping exhaust into the rocker cover and back thru into my carby and chocking the engine, so that when i hit nitrous it lost all power.....

But wait for the next day, i hope to crack 20's...... With a clutch, new carby, turbo(maybe), 2 foot exhaust, new intake manifold, more NOS and a full rebuild.

NUM CLASS HCAP REACT 60 330 660 MPH 1000 ET MPH
7 0.00 1.100 3.005 8.914 14.067 47.58 18.540 22.368 58.49 2

crazy_bunny
Post #78

http://www.qldstreetcar.com/forum/uploads/...10931658117.jpg

Thats the skid that turned my clutch into a non-exsisteant (sp?) pulp

QUOTE (20QSX @ Aug 23 2004, 11:09 AM)
Neil dont worry mate you will get into the 12s soon bud hahah u were trying too hard aswell tongue.gif

Yeah, i knew i wasn't going to get it after about 11am, but it was an awesome opportunity to get a lot of practice in. I feel like an old pro now, pity my 60fts are still crap.

QUOTE (crazy_bunny @ Aug 23 2004, 12:12 PM)

hell yer!! that thing is a total and utter rig!! i love it!!!!

neil dont worry mate my 60fts are crap aswell hahaha

Silvia_Xtreme
Post #81

someone should import that data file into a DB.. then make it pretty.

cause as it stands.. i CBF reading that shit.. lol

QUOTE (Silvia_Xtreme @ Aug 23 2004, 12:32 PM)
someone should import that data file into a DB.. then make it pretty.

cause as it stands.. i CBF reading that shit.. lol

LOL yer i recon thats a good idea smile.gif although i did read it all lol

Blake

QUOTE (crazy_bunny @ Aug 23 2004, 12:09 PM)
i did a 22.368 on NOS thank u very much...... But if anyone heard the engine by the end of the day well you know the story.... No. 4 cylinder was just pumping exhaust into the rocker cover and back thru into my carby and chocking the engine, so that when i hit nitrous it lost all power.....

But wait for the next day, i hope to crack 20's...... With a clutch, new carby, turbo(maybe), 2 foot exhaust, new intake manifold, more NOS and a full rebuild.

NUM CLASS HCAP REACT 60 330 660 MPH 1000 ET MPH
7 0.00 1.100 3.005 8.914 14.067 47.58 18.540 22.368 58.49 2

hehe...... I raced you twice....its the wierdest thing when you finish a run and get half way back to the pits before the guy htat you raced has finished.....

SupraCrazy
Post #84

Was racing CrazyBunny when I blew all my vacuum lines off mid track laugh.gif Still ran a 13.5 tongue.gif

QUOTE (SupraCrazy @ Aug 23 2004, 02:45 PM)
Was racing CrazyBunny when I blew all my vacuum lines off mid track laugh.gif Still ran a 13.5 tongue.gif

haha thats awsome!! oh and congrats on your times troy your cars was running some awsome times out there!!!

Blake

81TCN
Post #86

well kids i had a fucking great day besides the sunburn. im very happy i chose willowbank instead of autosalon.. nice to see the girls get out there and woop some arse.. leisa's best run was 13.38 down the 1/4 we were so proud of her.. cant wait for the next one chris is was awesome.. hopefully next one i can take my new beast out..

crazy_bunny
Post #87

Oh and well looking at my time slips, techniqly(sp? ya) i one two races due to people false starting..... hahahaha

angels666
Post #88

Technically tongue.gif

And good wins laugh.gif

PIMPIN
Post #89

It was a top day. By far the best car related event I have ever been to. I am sorry I did not meet to many of you in person but I was way to involved in trying to break my car.

angels666
Post #90

You wanted to break Pimpin huh.gif

Feel free to just give it away (ie to me) if you don't want it laugh.gif

Damone
Post #91

congrats pimpin.

yours was certainly one of my favourite cars out there.

i was loving it.

QUOTE (Shad0wblade @ Aug 23 2004, 07:58 AM)
i got quite a few good skid movies as well

Any other good movies "hint hint" hehe

Yeah, awesome day, thanks a million Chris 4 all ur hard work. Much appreciated!

Very impressive show of cars, times and burnouts, 1 that comes to mind is rowensvn behind the track at around 10 past 3. Nice 1 mate thumbsup.gif

That vette was awesome 2, his 285's looked like slicks when he changed them over.

Nice 2 meet alot of new people. Silvia Xtreme, hope all is well with the motor. Thanks for the advice 2.

Disco Lou
Post #93

Oh yeah, and that Harley Davidson was awesome.

QUOTE (PIMPIN @ Aug 23 2004, 05:09 PM)
It was a top day. By far the best car related event I have ever been to. I am sorry I did not meet to many of you in person but I was way to involved in trying to break my car.

Thats a HUGE comment.

Thankyou so much to all who came. and next year it will be JUST as small (under 80 cars) and just as much fun........will be done a few months earlier and more done to try and promote spectators!!

Thanks again!

PIMPIN
Post #95

If you want to promote to spectators, get willowbank to agree in writting that sub 11sec cars can run, and I will promise to run PIMPIN into the 10s. and I will bring SUX NOS as well.

blacksupra
Post #96

good day out , weather was spot on , and heaps of runs.
troys car ran great , a first up 12.9 @ 117 , then a 12.6 , good stuff.
i had 17 runs total , besting a 12.2 @ 136 with a bit of burnout practice later on smile.gif

QUOTE (crazy_bunny @ Aug 23 2004, 12:12 PM)

bahahaha gotta love the air intake piping there.

what a beast thumbsup.gif

chris - did all the magazine representatives turn up as planned, will this day been shown in the next issue of each mag?

angels666
Post #98

The Fast 4's photographer for the day was definately there thumbsup.gif

QUOTE (20QSX @ Aug 23 2004, 11:09 AM)
Rowey thats for the race champ !! i have to adimit i was a bit intimidated cummin up against the VN of death but all turned out well thumbsup.gif !!

Thats alright blake, any time, ur lucky i held the beast in 1st cos otherwise ud have oily vn smoke all over yo ass!

Hahaha i was so devoed, u left ur launch waaay late and then skidded past me, just to add insult to injury tongue.gif

Nice work champ! tongue.gif

Dave

roweysvn
Post #100

*bump*

Sorry to have posted twice, but did many people get video's of the racing and so forth, or more particularly of my skids?

Dave

QUOTE (blacksupra @ Aug 23 2004, 07:18 PM)
i had 17 runs total , besting a 12.2 @ 136 with a bit of burnout practice later on smile.gif

Running you was mad fun biggrin.gif My lil car doesn't quite match up against 130+ mph passes.....still won't stop from lining you up again tongue.gif

If anyone has got any vids of my burnouts please let me know smile.gif

QUOTE (blacksupra @ Aug 23 2004, 07:18 PM)

i ran my best time racing you!! smile.gif i thought i was going alright untill u pasted me at about the 300m mark making at easy 209kph trap speed hahah was an awsome site!!!

Blake

S14a_On_Boost
Post #103

Yeah i would like videos also................i ran my best time racing you blake where the S14a of death beat the S15 of slow hahahahahahahah you love it

roweysvn
Post #104

I beat 3 vehicles tongue.gif

MR AKE70's VL, he later flogged me on the R1 many times
an EA Falcon i think it was, which is also when i ran my fastest time
And i beat Ni_Slo's Corsa once, but only cos he hit fuel cut, and he also later flogged me many times

Dave

QUOTE (S14a_On_Boost @ Aug 24 2004, 10:25 AM)
Yeah i would like videos also................i ran my best time racing you blake where the S14a of death beat the S15 of slow hahahahahahahah you love it

hahahah that run i started in 3rd just to give you a chance haha jk
I watched my footage of the day sunday night and yes we did get your big skid rhys haha was good!! what was even betta was when you missed 2nd on that run hahaha but its all on film boi!!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x