Boostcruising Willowbank Track Day Aftermath! - **UPDATED** results, comments, thoughts  

Page 2 of 5
Jump to page
Barely Legal Customs
Post #36

I had an awesome day chris thanks very much mate...

i got nothing bad to say about the day at all...

apart from the sun being mega hot... but meh

thanks again

Nik

QUOTE (OSK @ Aug 22 2004, 07:17 PM)
not only does the bonnet provide strength in the event of a crash, but it also will stop engine fluids from splattering all over your windscreen if something lets go....

Well if he had of followed my advice and syphoned all his non-essential fluids out (ie: windscreen washer / radiator overflow / hell the whole radiator she'll be right / most of the engine oil) this wouldnt be a problem smile.gif

I am surprised they let people run without bonnets .. But they made a judgement call and it was all in good fun.

Good day Chris, I had a bit of fun. Glad I didnt run brutis though ... (see: other thread) tongue.gif

QUOTE (rdtrippin @ Aug 22 2004, 07:27 PM)
was an awesome day, i regret not racing know, the only miss hap of the day the holden ute blowing its clutch, plue neil12 got done for speeding on the way there. Does anyone know if they set up the defect station

Damn 80 zones dry.gif Ah well, at least none of the other Gold Coast cruisers got booked, thank God i'm on my open licence.

Bad luck about your turbo too 180sr

the red krawler
Post #39

Oh yeah, I hope everyone flashed oncoming traffic to warn of that speed camera.

I flashed RBI80 and some other guy who braked pretty heavy just before it, so I hope I saved you guys a couple of points tongue.gif

^sims^
Post #40

yeah.. wasnt a bad day.. got slightly sunburnt.. but nothing that wont brown biggrin.gif dun hurt either thumbsup.gif

i was a bit sleepy.. but other then that it was phat.. good on ya chrissy! next time i'll be an "official" promo girl eh tongue.gif i should have put a boostcruising.com sticker on my back seeing as though ol mate camera man tried to take pics of me from behind ahah.. ang busted him hahahahah it was funny..

i'll be there again if another one is organised thumbsup.gif

TurbostyleR
Post #41

where the hell are the results of the track day???

MSS15
Post #42

Thanks for the good day Chris smile.gif wish my car ran a better time though lol im still learning my starts dry.gif

R34-GTR
Post #43

^^^ Was a very sexy car today i must say that S15 of yours thumbsup.gif ^^^

MSS15
Post #44

thank you... in the next 6 months or so she will be much sexier and much faster biggrin.gif

the red krawler
Post #45

MSS15 ... Please, oh please, dont follow the current trend.
Your car looks awesome how it is and the fact you were out there racing it gives you full cred as a "car enthusiast" in my books.
Please dont turn into one of ... them.

QUOTE (MSS15 @ Aug 22 2004, 08:17 PM)
Thanks for the good day Chris smile.gif wish my car ran a better time though lol im still learning my starts dry.gif

I think i ran you, had a much better start than me. Got a little sideways around the back straight corner? biggrin.gif

MSS15
Post #47

Krawler, how do you mean don't turn my car into one of them? all im doing is getting my coilovers for her next week, changing the side skirts & rear bar and putting on some new engine bits biggrin.gif she will still look phat

Yes Neil im pretty sure i did race you and yes did get a bit sideways around that corner it was a good corner wink.gif couldn't help it lol

S14a_On_Boost
Post #48

Ummm i think it was a FUCKING awesome day i have to say a HUGE BIG THANK YOU TO CHRIS he organised an awesome day i had a ball...............i couldn't kill those tyres i hda on thought i don't know what was going on...................i just hope everyone enjoyed what show i did, wasn't much but i was having fun......................i don't think the officals liked me sitting on the spot but eh i was there to have fun and thats what i did

The day went off like a fire cracker on guy falks day everything ran smooth and everyone had a ball..................chris you know how much i appreciate and respect what you did to organise this day and all the heart ache trying to organise it................mate your a champ and i'm gald to be associated with you

S14a_On_Boost
Post #49

Also if i can ask if anyone has any vids of today and also of some of my fun please pm me and i'll try and organise to get it off you

S15_Clint
Post #50

Yeah big thanks to Chris, Legend biggrin.gif and yeah new clutch will be needed soonish mate haha! Nice to meet alot of you too. Had alot of fun, and was really happy with my time. Carly ur car aint that slow! and that rear bar is mine biggrin.gif

Clint

BoostedS15
Post #51

43/ MR AKE70 --- YAMAHA MotorBike

Happy now!!!

Also results will be posted tomorrow when i can find somewhere to upload them to. It's a 72 page file ffs!

roweysvn
Post #52

Chris, talk to me mutha

I have space, u can use

Dave

Maldini
Post #53

yeah good day......almost didnt go but it was worth it! Now I really wanna take my car down the qtr after seing that.

BoostedS15
Post #54

***FIRST POST UPDATED WITH RESULTS LOG***

thanks to mr burnout Roweysvn for the webspace.

QUOTE (Maldini @ Aug 22 2004, 10:29 PM)
yeah good day......almost didnt go but it was worth it! Now I really wanna take my car down the qtr after seing that.

were you driving a falcon??? blue?

if so, i was the gimp at the gate in the fluro jacket.

Maldini
Post #56

yeah i drive the falcon.........

finally put a face to a name......I dont know many ppl on here.

Damone
Post #57

congrats to chris on an extremely well organised day.

well done mate.

had a ball, and i will be racing next time smile.gif

MissClaire
Post #58

Thanks to everyone who came and put on a great show! Was good seeing everyone out there giving it a go, how quick did all the cars run through! Good to see everyone got heaps of runs.

Also thanks for letting me graffiti your cars at the front gate with shoe polish. I was a bit hessitant when it came to the porshe. Took great skill not letting it drip down the paint work. laugh.gif

Ouchie for sunburn though sad.gif

And thanks to everyone who kept me entertained in the stands after 7 hours of drag racing!!!!

Shad0wblade
Post #59

all i can say is a bloody awesome day, mind the sunburn, i really wish i had of taken my car down the strip now tongue.gif

i got quite a few good skid movies as well

SupraCrazy
Post #60

A HUGE thanks go out to Chris for organising it all thumbsup.gif Without your effort, nothing would've happened. And can't wait for the next one smile.gif

Was happy to get into the 12's smile.gif Multiple times tongue.gif And was hell fun lining up other boost cruisers.

Funniest comment of the day....."Oh Troy has turbo'd his car" Who ever you are, you crack me laugh.gif

Congrats to all who attended

QUOTE (^sims^ @ Aug 22 2004, 08:00 PM)
I should have put a boostcruising.com sticker on my back seeing as though ol mate camera man tried to take pics of me from behind ahah.. ang busted him hahahahah it was funny..

That was hilarious laugh.gif

QUOTE (BoostedS15 @ Aug 22 2004, 06:57 PM)
For full data log click HERE and enjoy!!!

Eeek! Look at thoe track temps. More than doubled by the end of the day sad.gif

QUOTE (Ni_Slo @ Aug 23 2004, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (BoostedS15 @ Aug 22 2004, 06:57 PM)
For full data log click HERE and enjoy!!!

Eeek! Look at thoe track temps. More than doubled by the end of the day sad.gif

Yeah got a bit warm towards the end sad.gif

QUOTE (MissClaire @ Aug 23 2004, 07:52 AM)
And thanks to everyone who kept me entertained in the stands after 7 hours of drag racing!!!!

COMMENT OF THE DAY:

Me: What are they puttin on the track (to clean it)

Clair (Miss Clair): De Oiler laugh.gif laugh.gif that was funny.
*edited*

Kells: Ummmm I think you mean De Greaser

Also must thank everyone who kept me entertained in the stands as well tongue.gif

Good to meet some new people smile.gif smile.gif

VS Style
Post #65

Shit the track temp was 41 degrees ohmy.gif ........

Also roweysvn very disappointed when you didnt take of the front and rear guards, lights, seats etc. Imagine your times after takin then out..smile.gif

Red Krawler we nearly could have emptied out the radiator coolent, and windshield washing fluids tongue.gif They were just dead wieght. tongue.gif tongue.gif Dave your a funny bugger

QUOTE (VS Style @ Aug 23 2004, 09:27 AM)
Also roweysvn very disappointed when you didnt take of the front and rear guards, lights, seats etc. Imagine your times after takin then out..smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Your a clown tongue.gif

BTW you and Milan cracked me up yesterday, you both open your mouths and the things that come out laugh.gif

QUOTE (angels666 @ Aug 23 2004, 09:49 AM)
laugh.gif laugh.gif

Your a clown tongue.gif

BTW you and Milan cracked me up yesterday, you both open your mouths and the things that come out laugh.gif

hahhahah, yeah and a few things that shouldn't tongue.gif head_wall.gif

Much apologies to everyone tongue.gif........ pppfffffffftttt yeah right. tongue.gif tongue.gif

Was finally good to meet you ang.

vintec
Post #68

great day i only wish my car didint have to blow out all its coolant in to the bottel during the day and decide to heat up to 110 degrese ....

think its time for a better ratiator cap

apart from that i had a ball 1st drag day for me ever apart from watching look foward to going to another only next time with a tune and a better radiator cap biggrin.gif

i'm also pleased with how well my $30 tyres went laugh.gif

QUOTE (VS Style @ Aug 23 2004, 09:20 AM)

Me:  What are they puttin on the track (to clean it)

Claire (Miss Claire):  De Oiliser laugh.gif laugh.gif that was funny.

Kells:  Ummmm I think you mean De Greaser

Also must thank everyone who kept me entertained in the stands as well  tongue.gif

Good to meet some new people  smile.gif  smile.gif

Actually I said de-oiler. Get it right! hehe

84NGU
Post #70

Congrats to chirs (sweet pea) for a top day!! i had a great time trying to launch my car (that i havent driving in 2 to weeks) with my new clutch hahaha was all fun!! was good to meet a few more people off here aswell.

Neil dont worry mate you will get into the 12s soon bud hahah u were trying too hard aswell tongue.gif

Rhys you may only drive the S15 of death when you can learn to handel the power of a car 200th of a sec faster that yours hahahahaha jk

Rowey thats for the race champ !! i have to adimit i was a bit intimidated cummin up against the VN of death but all turned out well thumbsup.gif !!

As for all the other S15 owers out there was good to see all those wepons out there i was in paradise!!!

and again to chris great work on organising the day!!!

Blake

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x