Supercharging V8's  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
Mushu
Post #36

Yeah, but i AM getting the car, atm moment it's my mums, and for her 50th dads getting her a new car so i get to buy the hand me down.

And Supercharging it seems to be the way to go.

I never said i was goin to do this tomorrow, im researching it now so i got my idea's for when i get it.

holdenbeater
Post #37

TWIN TURBO V8 @#^&*@#^*&@^$ INSANE &#Q^$&*^#$*Q&#$

Mushu
Post #38

Anything will be insane for me after driving a 1.8L lancer

BNO
Post #39

due to note getting home until 11.30 pm last nite i didnt get them fotos :/ its friday im sorry for the dicking around,

mushu u on the nth side or sth ?

Bevan Boy
Post #40

Ok seeing as we r on the discussion of supercharging V8s

i have a 351 Cleveland and i am thinking of getting a supercharger

i know TT r better but i dont have the money and superchargers are easier to bolt on.

But anyway just a few Q's

1. How easy is it to bolt one on and getting running well on a 351 with a 750 Holley?

2. I want an under the bonnet style one so how much should i be looking to pay and what brands/models/

3. Can i buy a reco one or should i really go new?

4. How much in labour to install?

5. What r the RWC complications with this? Do i need a mod plate? and how much $?

Thanks guys

Mushu
Post #41

All good questions, wish i could answer them.

I live in carindale, BNO

postman
Post #42

Bevan Boy, www.capa.com.au

have a look through there.. if that doesn't help, give them a call

TheBear
Post #43

In Gladstone (where I'm from) there were 4 superchager comodores getting around, not bad for a town of 50000 people or so. One VN SS Group A with 600+hp (In street comodores mag a while back).

Another blown VS HSV GTS got repeatedly hosed by a fairly modified GSR Lancer (still 1.8l though). All the spectators, including myself were shocked at this. But it won fairly easily every time.

The moral of the story?

What is the point of having lots of power if soon as you touch the throttle you light up the tyres. Yeah superchargers produce a lot of power, and they are easier & cheaper. But ultimatly a twin turbo setup with progresive power would be ideal.

JJRB30ET
Post #44

Microtech = approx $1000

MoTeC M800 basic model = approx $4000

motec would be able to run it easily and considering V8supercars are going to a control ECU this year, there will be a lot of second hand M800 and M8 for cheap!

BNO
Post #45

serious hey, hnn mite have to get one or 2 or 4 they would be cheep then sell haha make some $$$ on the side

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x