Fastest P Plate Legal Car - always wondered  

Page 2 of 10
Jump to page
CA-S13
Post #36

go the r32 goes fast, sweet gearing setup, excellent in car features, are a little expensice but apperantly worth it, pic or my mates r32

jish
Post #37

I personally think these sort of questions are pointless

Because as its been said, power to weight is where its at.
And exactly, what do you want it to be fast at? Drags, Circuit?

And in all seriousness why is it about having "the fastest car" when you dont have every car to chose from?

I think the question should be, "what car, within this budget, will be the best to use for blah blah"

daniel425
Post #38

r32 golf way too goo

B Unit
Post #39

QUOTE (Boxr @ Jul 25 2009, 04:04 PM) *
Lol fast diesels, it sounds strange smile.gif

Not really, it's just a concept that Aussies have been slow to adjust to. Europeans have been doing it for ages with fuel efficient common rail turbo diesels, and in the USA, with the big Chev V8 turbo diesel engines.

I.M.I
Post #40

as far as i know a type r runs 14.6 down the 1/4 where as a xr6 runs like 15.4 do some research

I.M.I
Post #41

also golf r32 only runs like 15.2 down the 1/4 mile and aurions aren't p plate legal as there 201kw =p

PK
Post #42

S2K. Anything quicker in a straight line willl just get eaten in the first turn. Pity they are not practical.

nicandjen
Post #43

QUOTE (Buddo_007 @ Jul 25 2009, 05:11 PM) *
grab an S13/S14/S15 sr20de and do that up like subtle body kit rims that clear big brakes and heaps and plenty of suspension mods

once you have done that......

get an SR20DET halfcut and start saving to forge the motor and port the heads and cams, etc and grab a turbo kit and intercooler kit and turbo back zorst and fuel mods, and etc once you are able to drive the turbo'd car put the worked motor in it with all the standard stuff and get all the emmisions and mod plates and everything done then go back home strip all the stock bolt on stuff off and put all the aftermarket stuff on get a tune then go nuts

DONT GET A FAST CAR TILL YOU LEARN HOW TO CONTROL A CAR OR EVEN DRIVE ONE PROPERLY
DONT GET A FAST CAR AS YOUR FIRST CAR COZ YOU WILL CRASH AND WILL WANT TO DO IT AS SLOW AS POSSIBLE SO THERE'S NO COLLATERAL DAMAGE OTHER THEN YOU

not to sure about the SR20DET but the other comments i agree with. you shouldn't really get a FAST CAR for your first. it will only make you want to push the limits. my first car was a 97 pulsar. didn't care about the POWER but it did look nice.

606gti
Post #44

QUOTE (I.M.I @ Jul 25 2009, 08:20 PM) *
also golf r32 only runs like 15.2 down the 1/4 mile and aurions aren't p plate legal as there 201kw =p

32's stock do 14's pretty easy.. and you cant beat the sound of them

nizmo_boi
Post #45

i think the good would be an lotus exige.. 20v black top.. light as hell.. that would do awsome

truenogtz69
Post #46

jdm integra type R or s2000

clutch-monkey
Post #47

build a westfield or caterham, useless thread without knowing what definition of fast is wanted

MYB16
Post #48

Probably a Porsche Boxster S, depending on power output of the specific year model.

albertt
Post #49

bmw e30 2.7l stroker

mongrel_cae71
Post #50

QUOTE (nizmo_boi @ Jul 25 2009, 09:07 PM) *
i think the good would be an lotus exige.. 20v black top.. light as hell.. that would do awsome

Exige run a supercharged 2ZZ-GE not 20 valve ya goose....P plate fail

edit: and who ever said aurion fails too, the 2GR-FE is over 200kw.

Sunny Coast Customs
Post #51

QUOTE (yungguns @ Jul 25 2009, 01:27 PM) *
cant drive a gtr on p plates haha but yeh i have heard s2000 is decent

Yes you can, you just have to be over 25.

Coastrunner
Post #52

Did read an article in fast 4's explaining a 13b is meant to be a P plate legal car and is capable of 12's. Still have the mag, will double check my info.

Shane-o
Post #53

Your first car should be something you can learn in. It may sound silly but if you wanna learn to skid and do stupid shit start with a vl with a 5 speed, lock the diff and have fun in the 500 dollar POS..

A couple of my mates had ea falcons, nice suspension, 5 speed, small cams, el intake, exhaust.... and they were very very capable cars for learning to flogg about....

My first car was a 323, my second was a silvia which for written off...

My suggestion, buy a shitbox, save your money so when you can drive a turbo charged or v8, whatever your taste is, than buy it.... Remember over the however many years you are on your P plates your tastes will change. and cars cost alot of money....

Plus you only have 4 points to play with.... Don't fuck with your license, or your life and drive safely......

lil_foy
Post #54

QUOTE (Shane-o @ Jul 26 2009, 03:21 AM) *
Your first car should be something you can learn in. It may sound silly but if you wanna learn to skid and do stupid shit start with a vl with a 5 speed, lock the diff and have fun in the 500 dollar POS..

A couple of my mates had ea falcons, nice suspension, 5 speed, small cams, el intake, exhaust.... and they were very very capable cars for learning to flogg about....

My first car was a 323, my second was a silvia which for written off...

My suggestion, buy a shitbox, save your money so when you can drive a turbo charged or v8, whatever your taste is, than buy it.... Remember over the however many years you are on your P plates your tastes will change. and cars cost alot of money....

Plus you only have 4 points to play with.... Don't fuck with your license, or your life and drive safely......

See that theory is for people with no self control.
If you want nice things you need to learn to treat them nicely.
I personally bought a 10k+ car myself for my first car and have spent significant amounts on it.

I agree with the bolded text tho, like why spend "x" amount on a n/a varient (ie; non turbo silvia, etc) when you can get the much better turbo version when you're off your p's.
But 3 years is a long time, so I decided to build something that was ment to be non turbo from the begining.

To the op.
Don't buy a honda unless you have very deep pockets.

filofaith
Post #55

N15 Pulsar VZ-R N1 has a 1.6L SR16VE 147kws of power !! lol more then enough for a P-Plater and most likely the only car you can afford that are mentioned... it eats honda's for breakfast (everything but NSX and S2000)...

but having said that i think S2000 and R32 Golfs are good but S2000's are quicker, corners and straights and will get the lady's

02GZM
Post #56

considering the op was talking about n/a skylines and falcons i'd say there isn't much of a budget and that he would fall into the same category as every other p-plater that asks this question every month or so. So just buy a car that you think looks nice, do it up to look a bit better, get off your p's in a few years and sell the car to another p-plater so they can do the same thing.
Contrary to what you believe you don't have decent driving experience and will more than likely do harm to yourself or someone else in a semi-decent powered car (assuming you will drive like an idiot in said car). And judging by the nature of your first post you probably will.

Edit: just as i side note, I've got a friend who was almost killed by a p-plater who 'thought' they knew how to drive their daddy's v8 ute. So I don't have time for kids that think they can control a fast car cos they've been driving the family 4x4 out bush for a few months and playing lots of forza

Shane-o
Post #57

maybe it should be mandatory for P platers to do advanced driving courses as a way to progress onto their opens....

Its gonna sounds stupid but i guess the way i learned to 'better control' a vehicle was alot of illegal stuff in undustrial areas at night, ussually when its been wet, pretty much the safest way i could learn, without spending alot of money on going to skid pans, or tracks or doing the driving courses, and there has been a few times that something has happen and i have been glad that i have done that stupid shit, and possibly saved my life or my cars.....

btw my silvia was written off because a drunk woman pulled infront of me at a set of lights.....

lucky85
Post #58

series 2-3 rx7.12a bridgeport. If you know what your doin you can have a 12 sec car on your p's that looks relatively stock, but not everyones cup of tea. Ford or holden fail big time, way too heavy, 200 kilawasps dont do shit when its wrapped in nearly two tonnes of car. I like the new restrictions, means people who know lots about cars will have the faster p plate cars. unlike the silver spoon brigade driving round in brand new cars, i would buy somethin a little older and rebuild motor to appear standard on outside but with significant increase in power. handling and braking play a big part in being "fast" not just power output.That said, dont buy a honda just cause it handles well, cause you still have to tell people you own a honda which would be pretty embarassing.

Buddo_007
Post #59

QUOTE (Shane-o @ Jul 26 2009, 10:02 AM) *
maybe it should be mandatory for P platers to do advanced driving courses as a way to progress onto their opens....

this should happen

down NSW just to get your motor bike license you have to do a 50+ mutiple answer test and then a day in a motorbike defensive course not just 5 questions and jump on a bike

i rekon it should be the same for a car license
but in saying that i have my opens and i havn't done a devensive driving course but if one pops up in a group sorta thing i'll have a go

MYB16
Post #60

QUOTE (02GZM @ Jul 26 2009, 09:18 AM) *
Edit: just as i side note, I've got a friend who was almost killed by a p-plater who 'thought' they knew how to drive their daddy's v8 ute. So I don't have time for kids that think they can control a fast car cos they've been driving the family 4x4 out bush for a few months and playing lots of forza

A v8 (esp. a current model) ute can be a handful for someone after 7 years of driving higher performance vehicles. I love would to see the average P plater try and control one on a closed circuit at full throttle..

Another fast P plater car is the Audi A6 TDI..175kw/500nm

70NKY
Post #61

QUOTE (Buddo_007 @ Jul 26 2009, 10:26 AM) *
this should happen

down NSW just to get your motor bike license you have to do a 50+ mutiple answer test and then a day in a motorbike defensive course not just 5 questions and jump on a bike

i rekon it should be the same for a car license
but in saying that i have my opens and i havn't done a devensive driving course but if one pops up in a group sorta thing i'll have a go

Mate, that is a stupid argument. In Qld, you do a multiple choice test to get your car learner's, then have to do a practical exam with a Qld Transport instructor to get your P's. Not exactly a defensive driving course but to show you have a basic knowledge of how to drive a car. I'm not saying this is the best way either.

But as for the motorbike licence, you're right, you answer an extra 5 questions, then you have your LEARNER's. You can't go out on a bike by yourself. To get your licence, you must pass the QRIDE course, which is a lot less than a defensive driving course, but more than a QT instructor seeing if you can reverse parallel park, which a lot of people can't.

So it's exactly the same thing.

As far as the original post goes, there might be fast cars out there that P plater's CAN drive, but how many have the funds available to buy a Lotus Elise? That said, I have no idea how much one would cost, I can only imagine it would be significantly more than a Holden/Ford/Toyota that the majority of P plater's drive.

In my opinion, the best and fastest car that a P plater could drive would be the Aurion. The Sportivo model handles 10 times better than a Commodore or Falcon, and they are faster. The manufacturer rated 200kw is at the very limit of what P platers can drive and for a car that is running almost into the 13's (someone said before they ran a 14.2 with a stock one) I believe it is too much power for a P plater.

All that said, the P plate is still a massive target for me when I'm at work. I would say that 90% of the P platers that I've pulled over have been doing something wrong, whether it is their driving, or not driving to their licence, or not displaying P plates. Out of that 90%, not all of them have got tickets, but that is something that is changing because of the their attitudes. They all know they are doing the wrong thing, and it makes no difference to me if the points on the tickets I give them makes them lose their licence. I still have mine. smile.gif

Boxr
Post #62

Yup mandatory defensive driver training courses would make a world of difference, its so obvious that its like stating that the sky is blue really, & its utterley confusing that they chose to restrict the vehicles young drivers purchase rather than just teaching them to drive properly. As it stands it seems that waiting for them to gain that experience in their first scary moment on the real road (which they probably have no experience in dealing with & will probably be just as likely to hurt someone in ANY car, not just a fast one...) is the acceptable method, as thats how it works today by the letter of the law....

B Unit
Post #63

QUOTE (Shane-o @ Jul 26 2009, 03:21 AM) *

This.

QUOTE (lil_foy @ Jul 26 2009, 03:32 AM) *
But 3 years is a long time, so I decided to build something that was ment to be non turbo from the begining.

Smart man.

hectic bosnian
Post #64

howndaaaaaa civic
b18cr.. smile.gif TYPE R !!

02GZM
Post #65

QUOTE (hectic bosnian @ Jul 26 2009, 11:10 AM) *
howndaaaaaa civic
b18cr.. smile.gif TYPE R !!

Civic's never came out with B18's

autech_sfifteen
Post #66

I've had my red P's for nearly two years now, had my licence suspended for three months when i first got it, nothing else since. Only had one not at fault crash and no other stupid mistakes.

It comes down to self control of people and unfortunately every shitbrick on their P's with a VL wants to be hektik and drift and go fast.

alex338
Post #67

everyone bags out commodores, and this is my unbiased opinion.

my V6 VS manual ute (wont matter whether its a VG-VE)

ive got 3.9 gears and a limited slip diff..

and it is plenty fast for me and still does a good skid (and ive been around fast cars my whole life with all my brothers cars [ STIs, skyline, 300zx etc])

but if you put it on a dyno it'd probably have about 120kw maybe... which isnt really much at all.

theres a reason why they banned high performance cars for new drivers...

but im not going to get in the debate of whether they could have done other things such as manditory driver trainging etc etc

Astra Boi
Post #68

The new GTR is the fastest and dont worry about the turbos its ok since they are stock

cant drive a turbo car wether is stock or not on red or green ps unless u have an exemtion

it would hve to b the auroin s2000 the commo n alcon ute jut ave awsome acleration bu on u ps u dotn need a fast carr u only got 4 points trust me iv lost all mine plus some n i only drive a stock vx commo ur bette off with a car the cops dont get sus on

lil_foy
Post #69

QUOTE (filofaith @ Jul 26 2009, 08:41 AM) *
N15 Pulsar VZ-R N1 has a 1.6L SR16VE 147kws of power !! lol more then enough for a P-Plater and most likely the only car you can afford that are mentioned... it eats honda's for breakfast (everything but NSX and S2000)...

but having said that i think S2000 and R32 Golfs are good but S2000's are quicker, corners and straights and will get the lady's

Sorry but their lack of torque completely kills them imo.
I was going to buy one as my first car but I couldnt justify it when I could get a faster honda for cheaper.

QUOTE (autech_sfifteen @ Jul 26 2009, 12:22 PM) *
I've had my red P's for nearly two years now, had my licence suspended for three months when i first got it, nothing else since. Only had one not at fault crash and no other stupid mistakes.

It comes down to self control of people and unfortunately every shitbrick on their P's with a VL wants to be hektik and drift and go fast.

thumbsup.gif This is why we have nice things.

Astra Boi
Post #70

everyone bags out commodores, and this is my unbiased opinion.

my V6 VS manual ute (wont matter whether its a VG-VE)

ive got 3.9 gears and a limited slip diff..

and it is plenty fast for me and still does a good skid (and ive been around fast cars my whole life with all my brothers cars [ STIs, skyline, 300zx etc])

but if you put it on a dyno it'd probably have about 120kw maybe... which isnt really much at all.

theres a reason why they banned high performance cars for new drivers...

yeh ur rite because there ae some of us ( not me ) that have a bit of sens when it come to that u know pulling a skid or going fast but there are ppl who think well my ca is the ducks nuts ill show the world it is then normlaly wind up dead or just fucked ever. that te only reson this is a law cuz its not the mojority its the minority that stuff it up . u dont need lost of power to have fun ur better off with a flashy car then a fast one

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 10
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x