Post #36

yeah, i agree, u kind of asked for it

TwinCam16
Post #37

up to 110 eh....

Bullshit...

tom_willie
Post #38

swap ya an ef falcon for that gtr? haha (worth a try) looks a million bucks mate

Rookie ROX
Post #39

QUOTE (trommie @ Jun 30 2009, 10:03 PM) *
when i was on my L's the instructor person told me the speed sign meant you can do anything below it. its just a maximum recommendation.
wtf

Well your driving instructor was wrong.

Yes, the speed limit is a maximum speed and you do not have to do that. However, you must not also obstruct the flow of traffic by travelling too slow. 70km/h in a 110km/h zone in multiple lanes is obstructing the flow of traffic and presents a danger to other road users.

That and it clearly wasn't a simple cruise. rolleyes.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

cruisingboost
Post #40

Who drives the 34? also why did the 4door 32 get a paint job, it looked better in the candy blue it had.

boostd_civic
Post #41

QUOTE (rumz @ Jun 30 2009, 10:17 PM) *
head_wall.gif So tell me how you can say "ALL" when you haven't seen them "all" drive slow?
It isn't just elderly drivers... there are also some young and mature aged drivers that drive slow too...

LOL grow up ffs..

$1000 in fines .....shit eh...how many cars were there?

deano_pie
Post #42

QUOTE (TheKhakiWarrior @ Jun 30 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Also, that's why I'm staying away from the coast at the moment, the cops are bending people over horizontally and don't even have the common decency to use lube sad.gif

LOL! hahaha

r33 GTR is really nice smile.gif

Hamish4danielle
Post #43

ouch bad luck guys..not fair..

rb30_180sx
Post #44

shit that suks..
its nev wat happened 2 x-zone??

blondie_curls
Post #45

that really sucks... sad.gif

57IKS
Post #46

haha yasmin! gonna have a laugh at you tonight at soccer! sticksey

topgunsCREW
Post #47

sanel drives the 34, good friend of ours and part of top guns, the 32 got a temporary paint job done as all the dints were fixed and the guards were rolled, so it looked bad with patches of primer everywhere so it got a temporary paint job and it will be painted back to the candy blue.

Damo
Post #48

so you got done for racing on the highway.. good to see you got fined for that. smile.gif

Astra Boi
Post #49

2 slow ma wat a load of shit us younger ppl should b congradulated n4 that is the old @#$!s that need to b done 4 under speed. n some very slick cars theres guys well done

Bruggy
Post #50

Coppers are just doin there job, keeping the public safe, an you guys too!! Sucks to have a Grand worth of fines, they dont get there thrills over fining young fellas, its simple, they suspect you of doing wrong or going to do wrong, they will pull you over and book the arse end outta ya... They are sick of seeing young people die in road accidents, seeing blood over the insides of cars an seeing parents drop to the road in shock cause there son or daughter has been killed.... Its simple, u gonna drag go to the drags, if your gonna drift go to the track, if not, you or one of your mates will die!!

alpharx7
Post #51

QUOTE (Astra Boi @ Jul 1 2009, 09:34 PM) *
2 slow ma wat a load of shit us younger ppl should b congradulated n4 that is the old @#$!s that need to b done 4 under speed. n some very slick cars theres guys well done

i can just imagine you with your flat cap, pimply complexion, and fullysik 25 y/o n/a 4 clyinder shitter. being on a cruise like these OP morons, and wondering why the cops are picking on you.

don't come here for sympathy, you'll get none

n-dawg
Post #52

I can see why the cops issued out the fines due to what it "looks" like you were doing... still sucks though :/ Wrong place at the wrong time appearing to do the wrong thing I guess.

But hey, if you're driving under the speed limit you get fined, yet learner drivers are expected to do 80 on a 110 motorway and new provisional licence holders are restricted to less than 110... double standard much?

Very nice R33 GTR btw, looks mint!

Coastrunner
Post #53

How stuffed is this, fined for going slow, that is one i would fight. The speed limit is just that, A LIMIT. Though as some stated you must not obstruct the flow of traffic (namely keep left unless overtaking). Still, i would fight this. Used a mouth piece to fight the NSW RTA over avoidance of safety cam (used to keep truck drivers honest, yeah yeah i know) and won, they are calling your bluff. Get a lawyer and fight it, oh, and paying a fine is not a tax deduction, but seeking legal advice as a driving profession is, just needs to be carefully worded.

Coastrunner
Post #54

[quote name='n-dawg' date='Jul 1 2009, 11:17 PM' post='1284273249']
I can see why the cops issued out the fines due to what it "looks" like you were doing... still sucks though :/ Wrong place at the wrong time appearing to do the wrong thing I guess.

But is there not innocense till proven guilty, or has the same rules applied to everyone, not only truck drivers?

Rookie ROX
Post #55

QUOTE (n-dawg @ Jul 1 2009, 11:17 PM) *
But hey, if you're driving under the speed limit you get fined, yet learner drivers are expected to do 80 on a 110 motorway and new provisional licence holders are restricted to less than 110... double standard much?

Er, not in Queensland buddy..

ROCK ON
R~R

n-dawg
Post #56

QUOTE (Coastrunner @ Jul 1 2009, 11:44 PM) *
QUOTE (n-dawg @ Jul 1 2009, 11:17 PM) *

But is there not innocense till proven guilty, or has the same rules applied to everyone, not only truck drivers?

I really don't know if that rule applies, but from what I read the fines haven't been issued for "street racing". The fact that it looks like there was intention to street race is probably what sparked such harsh treatment in the way of fines and defects.

Like I said, I believe it's a case of wrong place, wrong time, appearing to do the wrong thing. It can be as simple as ending up at an intersection next to another sports car. From a distance, when both cars leave the lights it could appear that you're racing, even if it's just the other driver who's decided to show off what he's got. Being in a situation like that where you haven't done anything wrong could easily land you in hot water.

When you drive a modified import the majority of the time you're already a target. When you're driving slow on a motorway using more than one lane you look like you're doing highway runs = bigger target and already looks like you're doing the wrong thing even if you haven't committed the act.

How many police officers were there? More than one? If so good luck proving anything. At the end of the day fines have been issued for driving too slow (it's ridiculous really, hopefully you may get away with that one), driving over the speed limit, well fair and square that's a speeding fine. The defects just tops the icing on the cake really. Cops must have been VERY convinced that you were, stereotypically speaking, a bunch of racer boys out on the road with intentions to race and decided to give you the royal treatment. Unfortunately that's the view that most of them have, and the general public for that matter.

Not sure if you can convince a court that you were unfairly targeted and maybe get some sort of leniancy? Unfortunately a lot of the time cases like this don't come out good in the end, and either way can end up costing more than it's worth :S Also generally where I've read stories where things go to court, there's a lot of fabrication that goes on and you know who's word is worth more in a court.

Seeking legal advice is the best thing you can do really and hope for the best outcome.

n-dawg
Post #57

QUOTE (Rookie ROX @ Jul 2 2009, 12:16 AM) *

ROCK ON
R~R

I see... so though QLD adopted the national Learner, P1 & P2 licencing scheme, they don't have the same speed limit restrictions? I just done a bit of reading on the P1 P2 PDF's and I can't find any mention of them. I stand corrected.

mark1414
Post #58

QUOTE (Rookie ROX @ Jul 2 2009, 12:16 AM) *

ROCK ON
R~R

Obviously NSW wouldn't make a law they think is unsafe....

He said they where using 2 lanes, presumably on a 3 lane motorway, so did only the people in the middle lane get fined? or the people in the left lane also? I can see why they would fine the people using the middle lane because its holding up traffic, but the left lane is for going slow.

hachii
Post #59

holding up lanes?, coppers needing to meet their quota before they get their asses handed to them? shoulda jus dusted them lol

paps02
Post #60

QUOTE (Damo @ Jul 1 2009, 05:32 PM) *
so you got done for racing on the highway.. good to see you got fined for that. smile.gif

hahaah i agree with this guy

fmjam
Post #61

jebiga boyz shit happens

albertt
Post #62

did you get defected for that filth hair?

Innocent_Commuter
Post #63

pffft..ricers.

21azi
Post #64

QUOTE (topgunsCREW @ Jun 30 2009, 12:02 PM) *
Top Guns Crew got busted
Entered the highway at yatalla and got puklled over with in 100meters, got booked for slo driving and plenty of defects

bad luck
They realy liked your r33 GTR
Did not no they can book you for to slow was it for a gun?

latino_ethnic
Post #65

what sort of defects did you get?

vroom vroom vl commodore
Post #66

i got cut off by a cop the other night felt like following him and saying something to him but dont wanna argue with them but if it was the other way round i'd probably be without my licence cant believe you guys get done for driving too slow i mean its annoying but i didnt know there was a law for it and to that asian guy who took ofence to the old people and asians driving slow i'm sure he didnt mean all old people and all asians just most and you do see it alot, nice 33 though means alot coming from me cos i dont usually like 33's engine looks good

taffywing
Post #67

must be an eaglby thing........i try not to understand

12NVI
Post #68

QUOTE (hachii @ Jul 2 2009, 10:54 AM) *
holding up lanes?, coppers needing to meet their quota before they get their asses handed to them? shoulda jus dusted them lol

your a dickhead

... and you "TOP GUNS" got what you deserved. As if you and your wingman werent going to buzz the tower

Rayos
Post #69

QUOTE (Bruggy @ Jul 1 2009, 09:48 PM) *
Coppers are just doin there job, keeping the public safe, an you guys too!! Sucks to have a Grand worth of fines, they dont get there thrills over fining young fellas, its simple, they suspect you of doing wrong or going to do wrong, they will pull you over and book the arse end outta ya... They are sick of seeing young people die in road accidents, seeing blood over the insides of cars an seeing parents drop to the road in shock cause there son or daughter has been killed.... Its simple, u gonna drag go to the drags, if your gonna drift go to the track, if not, you or one of your mates will die!!

Word this guy! I deal with grubs everyday. You want to act like idiots and look the part, serves you right! If you were going for a 'cruise' you'd be all in one lane (with the exception of a couple) doing the speed limit, or just under to keep the pack together. If you were out racing, you would be doing just that, using up multiple lanes dropping to 40km below the speed limit on a National Highway, and accelerating to/past the speed limit, smart thinking idiots. Don't deny the obvious, you's got what you asked for.

Nice GTR!

514med
Post #70

fuck the whole defect things he got done for everything else that other people with modified cars get more pics off the the blue 32 it lookin tuff as nails

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x