The Fakes - Why Bother?  

Page 2 of 8
Jump to page
91 silvia style
Post #36

QUOTE (SRB-2NV @ Jun 28 2009, 10:03 PM) *
Big whoop, i've seen an evo kitted lancer with a massive "SUPRA" sticker on the side.......beat that.

i see your supra stickerd lancer and raise you a ralliart stickerd supra... FAIL!

smiley
Post #37

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:51 AM) *
Chev badges on ANY commodore...

Yeah I think they must be optioned at dealerships. When you're filling out the order form for the car there is a "sports" pack with wheels and a spoiler. an "Business" Pack that has blue tooth hands free and Ipod connector, and then there's the "your a wanker @#$!" pack, which is just 20" cheap wheels and some chev badges and a give voucher for the nearest TATTOO shop with a pre-booked southern cross tatt.

jish
Post #38

QUOTE (smiley @ Jun 29 2009, 10:53 AM) *
Yeah I think they must be optioned at dealerships. When you're filling out the order form for the car there is a "sports" pack with wheels and a spoiler. an "Business" Pack that has blue tooth hands free and Ipod connector, and then there's the "your a wanker @#$!" pack, which is just 20" cheap wheels and some chev badges and a give voucher for the nearest TATTOO shop with a pre-booked southern cross tatt.

bowrofl.gif

TwinCam16
Post #39

Man you come out with the good shit!

bowrofl.gif

Special k
Post #40

saw a VW golf up in bris one day with a HDT badge on the back.
that confused me.

tom_willie
Post #41

Chev badges on commodores are the worst. There is a vs commy in town with limiter written all over it with various other stickers... looks horrible. Or silvia's with a massive body kit and skinny wheels...eww, tickford or fpv stickers on basic falcons also gives me the shits.

bookie84
Post #42

hahah!

its so true!

Joey92
Post #43

white falcons with twin blue stripes down the centre and a cobra badge on the back, and the words cobra on the sideskirt, with an xr6 badge on the front

i see so many of these... dont bother smile.gif

vy346
Post #44

I cringe whenever i see an LS1 getting around with BAD350 or SIC350 (you get the picture) plates. I guess the same could be said for VN's onwards with 308 somehow incorporated into them, but the LS1 '350's' get up my nose the most.

Mr.B
Post #45

Plenty of VW owners rebadge GTI's and R32's (particularly new ones) to TDI's instead for giggles.

zorak
Post #46

Saw a 100series cruiser with Spoon stickers all over it, that got me laughing....

GTR, Ralliart etc etc all on the pov packs are a laugh. Remember a mates little bro buying a 'factory' R33 GTR with a 'genuine' fibreglass kit, interior, gtst brakes etc etc... got shafted big on that one.

smiley
Post #47

QUOTE (Mr.B @ Jun 29 2009, 12:25 PM) *
Plenty of VW owners rebadge GTI's and R32's (particularly new ones) to TDI's instead for giggles.

My brother was over in the UK jsut recently and he sent me a photo of a V6 Clio sport (the rear engines animals) and it had '1.5dCi' badges on it... which his thier very base model deisel hatch.

Keeping in mind that the V6 clio's are about a foot wider than the standard model, are 3 door, and sound like a monster gargling with a mouth full of bumble bee's

Mr.B
Post #48

QUOTE (smiley @ Jun 29 2009, 12:35 PM) *
My brother was over in the UK jsut recently and he sent me a photo of a V6 Clio sport (the rear engines animals) and it had '1.5dCi' badges on it... which his thier very base model deisel hatch.

Keeping in mind that the V6 clio's are about a foot wider than the standard model, are 3 door, and sound like a monster gargling with a mouth full of bumble bee's

Haha, yeah I've heard of those as well. I've seen a few advertisements on carsales for "4 door" MkIV R32 Golfs. There is rumored to be a HPA powered TT MkIV R32 getting around on the Sunshine Coast as well as a full APR worked Polo GTI in Western Sydney with 236kw @ the fly; which has been fitted out to look like a 1.9 TDI apart from the brake and tyre package.

HarleyJace
Post #49

I MUCH prefer the Chev badges for the newer VE series over the Holden badge, it looks tacky and cheap. That being said, I wouldn't be caught dead with a Chev badged on the VS for the pure fact, that's lame.

I've always been a fan of 'ralliart' stickers on a dead stock lancer with a cannon.

And nismo racing stickers.

smiley
Post #50

QUOTE (HarleyJace @ Jun 29 2009, 12:43 PM) *
I MUCH prefer the Chev badges for the newer VE series over the Holden badge, it looks tacky and cheap. That being said, I wouldn't be caught dead with a Chev badged on the VS for the pure fact, that's lame.

You'll be ticking box number 3 then right?

TwinCam16
Post #51

QUOTE (HarleyJace @ Jun 29 2009, 12:43 PM) *

I've always been a fan of 'ralliart' stickers on a dead stock lancer with a cannon.

And nismo racing stickers.

Congrats on falling into the group related to my sig.

alpharx7
Post #52

QUOTE (WattsyLX @ Jun 29 2009, 09:47 AM) *
Not all fakes are cheap shit owned by inbreds....

what about the old school fakes, not everyone has the money to go out and buy a GTHO Phase 3 or a genuine article GTR XU1, but for those who want that factory muscle car look, building a replica is a much cost effective alternative.

i was going to say the same thing. this is old, its been going on for many years, torana slr5000's, sandman panelvans, ford gt's, or every 56 chev you see with a v8 instead of the factory 6 cylinder etc etc

it all about image, trying to portray something which you are not - cool - lol

whats the line from fast and the furious? its not how you stand by your car, its how you race it

you can't turn a pigs ear into a silk purse, a rebadged shitbox is still a shitbox, no matter how you portray it

Soube
Post #53

theres a difference between replicating a classic and shoving a gtr badge on a gts though...

Granthem
Post #54

GTR badges annoy me.

So do lots of car mods

truenogtz69
Post #55

i saw a holden baina with mugen sticker on the bonnet HAHAHAHAH

StreetFame33
Post #56

QUOTE (WRX! @ Jun 28 2009, 10:00 PM) *
Transformer stickers ftw! Type R sticker on Crv hehe

Haha ..that looks sick as tongue.gif Seen a car at the Charity Cruise with Transformers badges on it hsdance.gif

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jun 28 2009, 10:01 PM) *
Like having China Ebay LED tail lights?

Sorry mate, I don't buy cheap asian hookers like yourself smile.gif

QUOTE (GTRVspec95 @ Jun 28 2009, 10:27 PM) *
That always use to make me giggle like a Japanese school girl with a cheeseburger mamoru.gif

Haha ...even worse when it's non turbo.

QUOTE (CALIbrated @ Jun 28 2009, 10:40 PM) *
what about doing the opposite?

sleeper stylz

Sleepers are sweet, alot of work go into them - recently saw a Commodore with a 2JZ in it you would have never guessed though.

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jun 29 2009, 10:32 AM) *
like saying Streetfame33 at the end of every sentance in real life?

It's not even funny anymore? Stop trying to be as cool as Bustage tongue.gif ..and nothing wrong with auto 33's smile.gif Quicker then you think..

StreetFame33

smiley
Post #57

QUOTE (truenogtz69 @ Jun 29 2009, 01:12 PM) *
i saw a holden baina with mugen sticker on the bonnet HAHAHAHAH

Must have MUGEN just made parts for shitbox hatchbacks..... oh hang on...... oopsie.gif

crkid
Post #58

A Camry in the street I work has Holden Ve SS logos rear and side on it just like they would be on the Commo. head_wall.gif

TwinCam16
Post #59

QUOTE (StreetFame33 @ Jun 29 2009, 01:16 PM) *
Sorry mate, I don't buy cheap asian hookers like yourself smile.gif

Who said anything about hookers?
QUOTE (StreetFame33 @ Jun 29 2009, 01:16 PM) *
It's not even funny anymore? Stop trying to be as cool as Bustage tongue.gif ..and nothing wrong with auto 33's smile.gif Quicker then you think..

bustage? what has he got to do with taking the piss out of you trying to be as cool as rookie?

alpharx7
Post #60

QUOTE (Soube @ Jun 29 2009, 01:10 PM) *
theres a difference between replicating a classic and shoving a gtr badge on a gts though...

so you don't consider a Nissan gtr to be a 'modern' classic?

I'd heard anecdotally that there's more gt fords around now than ford ever produced in the first place, or something along those lines. same thing will happen with Nissan's, everyone of them will be a gtr and turbo'd etc

bop001
Post #61

gtr badges dont really piss me off, we can all tell the difference. all gtr's have 4 studded wheels right? :|

what i get pissed at is ppl using gtr spoilers and body kits on gtst's and the like. anyone can stick on a badge, but to stick on a body kit shows they put alot of effort into their wannabe gtr ohmy.gif

HarleyJace
Post #62

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jun 29 2009, 12:58 PM) *
Congrats on falling into the group related to my sig.

That's fantastic.

You would fall into the category of boostcruising users who think they're superior.

StreetFame33
Post #63

QUOTE (TwinCam16 @ Jun 29 2009, 01:51 PM) *
Who said anything about hookers?

bustage? what has he got to do with taking the piss out of you trying to be as cool as rookie?

mamoru.gif Just taking the piss out of you ..you've got me enough in the last few threads tongue.gif No harsh feelings champ!

StreetFame33

StreetFame33
Post #64

QUOTE (bop001 @ Jun 29 2009, 02:14 PM) *
gtr badges dont really piss me off, we can all tell the difference. all gtr's have 4 studded wheels right? :|

what i get pissed at is ppl using gtr spoilers and body kits on gtst's and the like. anyone can stick on a badge, but to stick on a body kit shows they put alot of effort into their wannabe gtr ohmy.gif

bowrofl.gif It's always worse when the 'fake' badges are in the wrong place too!

StreetFame33

aristo
Post #65

QUOTE (bustage @ Jun 28 2009, 09:53 PM) *
or auto33's

Streetbust33

or purple paint like the GTR model of the car you own ph34r.gif

VTs russ
Post #66

or xr8 bonnet's on xr6 turbo's, and ss,clubsport and v8/gen 3 badges on v6 commodores.

aristo
Post #67

the most annoying "fake" thing to do to a car is having the body kit from the top model on a bottom model car, eg; evo6 kit on a shit lancer with a cannon and pod filter, epic fail all around, same with 32,33,34's with GTR kits, again, fail.

the most stupidest fucking "fake" is being told that "my cressy has a 2j in it, but i haven't really tuned it yet so it doesn't make much power" only for me to open the bonnet and see the 7MGTE badge has been grinded off...

why do people try sometimes?.

smiley
Post #68

QUOTE (aristo @ Jun 29 2009, 02:52 PM) *
the most stupidest fucking "fake" is being told that "my cressy has a 2j in it, but i haven't really tuned it yet so it doesn't make much power" only for me to open the bonnet and see the 7MGTE badge has been grinded off...

NO WAY!!!!! Really?! bowrofl.gif bowrofl.gif

lickme
Post #69

i have gtr badges on my supra as well as a massive sticker that says skyline on the back window
do i qualify as having a fake car ? bowrofl.gif

TwinCam16
Post #70

QUOTE (lickme @ Jun 29 2009, 03:22 PM) *
i have gtr badges on my supra as well as a massive sticker that says skyline on the back window
do i qualify as having a fake car ? bowrofl.gif

No...

Just a wanker.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 8
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x