Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
incubus
Post #36

you did well andy pity you didn't make the finals

needs moar transbrake tongue.gif

jsttry
Post #37

117 is damn impressive! what have you done different? My LS1 only used to do 110mph when NA so an extra 7mph is pretty good!

Good to see so many competitors out there tonight, well done to everyone for getting out there and having some fun.

VLCT WALKY
Post #38

QUOTE (jsttry @ Jul 5 2009, 04:50 AM) *
117 is damn impressive! what have you done different? My LS1 only used to do 110mph when NA so an extra 7mph is pretty good!

Good to see so many competitors out there tonight, well done to everyone for getting out there and having some fun.

I had retarded the ignition 5 points for the burnout comp on the Saturday night for powercruise, i had forgot to put it back and only found it a couple of weeks ago!

Just need to get it up on boost on the line!

JET_RB25
Post #39

110mph NA ls1 dunno.gif

GTS192
Post #40

QUOTE (VLCT WALKY @ Jul 5 2009, 09:06 AM) *
retarded

mamoru.gif

VEIGHT
Post #41

QUOTE (GTS192 @ Jul 5 2009, 01:10 PM) *
mamoru.gif

What did everyone think about last nights meeting ?
Seemed the crowd was big - people seemed to be happy - I was happy
header flames out the back of Athols bike the full lenght of the 1/4 was wicked
Lucky I didn't race last night seemed a few cars where breaking things, diffs etc
Only annoying thing was the red HX putting the car on the trailer while doing presentation in the pits rolleyes.gif

buzurkracing
Post #42

was a good,enjoyed the bikes.great respect to those guys.
seeing Deiter hit the wall was the only down side for the night.

hope all the visitors liked the night and are willing to return one day,and a BIG well done to Steve and Maggie Paris for all the effort they put in over the lead up months. thumbsup.gif

vh-holden
Post #43

has your vision fully returned yet?

taffywing
Post #44

QUOTE (vh-holden @ Jul 5 2009, 04:13 PM) *

i should have used you for an iced coffee run last night Adam, i was fading very quick with nearly 170 dial in changes over 2 rounds unsure.gif

vh-holden
Post #45

i woulda grabbed one for you. was taking water down to the timeslip guy. i'll try to remember to ask you next meet so you don't forget to ask!

buzurkracing
Post #46

QUOTE (vh-holden @ Jul 5 2009, 05:43 PM) *

how much fun was that?.....................the worst one was Kym Stevens bike,copped a face full of it. biggrin.gif

JET_RB25
Post #47

twas ok. to be honest the only down side is the delay between the runs. not talking about the ones with oil downs and crashes and shit. it was mainly the runs between the bikes me and Nathan almost left twice. they would send the course car down for nothing or just sit around and wait..... twas boring and alot of people around us said the same thing.

as for the actually racing and show in general it was great

Troy i believe Jambo has ruined me now. I personally dont think Darwin will ever have such a smooth running event as they do. It seems Darwin struggles as soon as they get over 50 entries but south can have over 150 and run quick and smooth.

taffywing
Post #48

QUOTE (JET_RB25 @ Jul 5 2009, 05:21 PM) *
twas ok. to be honest the only down side is the delay between the runs. not talking about the ones with oil downs and crashes and shit. it was mainly the runs between the bikes me and Nathan almost left twice. they would send the course car down for nothing or just sit around and wait..... twas boring and alot of people around us said the same thing.

as for the actually racing and show in general it was great

Troy i believe Jambo has ruined me now. I personally dont think Darwin will ever have such a smooth running event as they do. It seems Darwin struggles as soon as they get over 50 entries but south can have over 150 and run quick and smooth.

all the timing and such is handled by the meeting director ( not jay ) and a lot of the hold-ups was to do with either the fuel bikes getting ready or the SCO guys getting ready to run, i believe that with a bit more experience in the crews on hand this will not be an issue in the future..

p.s if you think that you can contribute and make things run smoother / faster then just volunteer your time. smile.gif

incubus
Post #49

where was you hiding last night ?

don't think i saw you

incubus
Post #50

thanks for your help last night too joe thumbsup.gif

taffywing
Post #51

QUOTE (incubus @ Jul 5 2009, 05:31 PM) *
where was you hiding last night ?

don't think i saw you

me or jet_rb25 ?

JET_RB25
Post #52

QUOTE (taffywing @ Jul 5 2009, 05:57 PM) *
all the timing and such is handled by the meeting director ( not jay ) and a lot of the hold-ups was to do with either the fuel bikes getting ready or the SCO guys getting ready to run, i believe that with a bit more experience in the crews on hand this will not be an issue in the future..

p.s if you think that you can contribute and make things run smoother / faster then just volunteer your time. smile.gif

hey did i mention that at any stage i helped out at Jambo.... NOPE... they can do it there i am sure that you should be able to do it here. its a much smaller scale here then there. Like i said and i stick by the comment that when HVDRA gets any more then say 50odd cars the night takes for ever and the racing is alot of the time boring. You look at Jambo and when one car is half track the other is starting to do the skid. this has been brought up many o times and nothing changes.

On top of that few mates have helped out with HvdrA and got treated like shit night after night. both will never help out again because if that.

I enjoyed the night but there were to many delays for no reason.

incubus
Post #53

QUOTE (taffywing @ Jul 5 2009, 05:38 PM) *
me or jet_rb25 ?

you ya old fart tongue.gif

jsttry
Post #54

Duely noted BJ. We were speeding up but you can only go so fast, you can't let the next lot go until the others are off the track, and there is no point having them do a burnout and then sit on the start line while the braking area is cleared. I see what you mean though, it did seem to take a while on some runs, but when some of the Nostalgia bikes were doing over 30 seconds for 400m and they then have another 800m to go in the braking area you have an idea of how long it takes to get that other end cleared smile.gif

The course car was sent down each time due to parts being spotted on the track during the night. Its not always relayed to the crowd which would explain some confusion as to why they were going out. With such high calbre bikes there we wanted to be extra cautious wherever possible.

I've been at WSID where an oil down has taken 1.5hrs to clean up, and that was with machines. In hindsight we could have started at 6pm to have more time. We can run 150 vehicles, but comes back to trying to cram it into a timeslot. 150 is nothing for Willowbank, but they have a few more hours to pump them through and they run eliminations for those big meetings like the Winters (not sure about the Jambo) which drastically cuts the running time by half every round.

Talking to the bike competitors last night and again today it sounds like they all had fun which was what it was all about, and they'd be happy to come back again.

JET_RB25
Post #55

QUOTE (jsttry @ Jul 5 2009, 07:49 PM) *
Duely noted BJ. We were speeding up but you can only go so fast, you can't let the next lot go until the others are off the track, and there is no point having them do a burnout and then sit on the start line while the braking area is cleared. I see what you mean though, it did seem to take a while on some runs, but when some of the Nostalgia bikes were doing over 30 seconds for 400m and they then have another 800m to go in the braking area you have an idea of how long it takes to get that other end cleared smile.gif

The course car was sent down each time due to parts being spotted on the track during the night. Its not always relayed to the crowd which would explain some confusion as to why they were going out. With such high calbre bikes there we wanted to be extra cautious wherever possible.

I've been at WSID where an oil down has taken 1.5hrs to clean up, and that was with machines. In hindsight we could have started at 6pm to have more time. We can run 150 vehicles, but comes back to trying to cram it into a timeslot. 150 is nothing for Willowbank, but they have a few more hours to pump them through and they run eliminations for those big meetings like the Winters (not sure about the Jambo) which drastically cuts the running time by half every round.

Talking to the bike competitors last night and again today it sounds like they all had fun which was what it was all about, and they'd be happy to come back again.

Jambo seems to have a couple hundred entrants as well. the bikes are running 6's last night and then they would not have another run for around 3 minutes, you would watch a fast run and be like cool that was good. Hmmm go the bar and get a drink then sit down to watch the next race. i dont see why you cant have the next cars sitting on the skid pad ready as soon as the lights at the end start flashing to show the race is over start the skids and then go.. the course car can still get around everything and with a bit of organisation you can stop a skid and back them up pretty dam quick. On the other hand have some emergency crews down the other end. in some aspects it would be better to have the emergency guys down the finish line anyway. even of there on the actual race circuit so all they have to do is u turn at the end and there there. alot of the time it would be quicker then coming from the tree. If its done right the cars are not sitting letting there tyres cool down. they dont have a problem doing it this way and pushing them through south. Andy got 2 runs all night and was there for over 2 hours before his first run.....

the crash and clean up was not that bad to be honest i reckon you all did well with that and racing was back on in no time at all.

but then you have asked what people thought so i am telling you. these are some things i heard sitting on the hill and all the people i was with felt the same way even though it was still a good show.

great to see the track record smashed wide open

BEAST MASTER
Post #56

QUOTE (jsttry @ Jul 5 2009, 05:20 AM) *

Yeah I believe it will be quicker and even a chance to crack a 120 mph as it is so painfully slow till boost comes on... bring on 11's... and no i have a feel for it I believe it will be returning to the track soon to do that thumbsup.gif

spyder6052
Post #57

QUOTE (JET_RB25 @ Jul 5 2009, 10:40 PM) *
great to see the track record smashed wide open

???

track record is 6.11 pretty sure the fastest time was a 6.3 (athols last qualifing run)

JET_RB25
Post #58

guy over the PA said track record was a 6.7 and he run a 6.4 that i saw so yeah. guess they cant even get that right.

jsttry
Post #59

The track record for a top bike HAS been beaten, the guy on the radio was correct. Will be up in the media release later today smile.gif

Thumpin' 8
Post #60

As a stand in Race Director, sometimes it is slowed down by events out of your control. You call up a big car to do a test/exhibition run and you need to give notice for the firies to be ready then the car won't start or they aren't ready even though they said they were...(Talking street meets now, Competiton meets are a whole different ball game). For the two street meets I have done, I have purposely slowed the races down due to the SMALL numbers by waiting for the cars to completely clear the strip, not because there was over 50 and we couldn't handle it. People can only run so many times and machines do need time to cool down. If we pumped them through everyone would have had 10 runs before 9 and we would have no other cars left to race. Then people would complain that the meet finished too early and wasn't worth it! Not going to win either way!

With big cars and competition meets, if there were that many competitors, I'm sure they would put the next car up onto the pad just before the track was clear as they do down south, but having the small numbers, you need to spread it out to give the crews time to do their engine rebuilds between each run.

JET_RB25
Post #61

QUOTE (Thumpin' 8 @ Jul 6 2009, 09:50 AM) *
As a stand in Race Director, sometimes it is slowed down by events out of your control. You call up a big car to do a test/exhibition run and you need to give notice for the firies to be ready then the car won't start or they aren't ready even though they said they were...(Talking street meets now, Competiton meets are a whole different ball game). For the two street meets I have done, I have purposely slowed the races down due to the SMALL numbers by waiting for the cars to completely clear the strip, not because there was over 50 and we couldn't handle it. People can only run so many times and machines do need time to cool down. If we pumped them through everyone would have had 10 runs before 9 and we would have no other cars left to race. Then people would complain that the meet finished too early and wasn't worth it! Not going to win either way!

With big cars and competition meets, if there were that many competitors, I'm sure they would put the next car up onto the pad just before the track was clear as they do down south, but having the small numbers, you need to spread it out to give the crews time to do their engine rebuilds between each run.

well put. I know its different with the street meets and i agree with you. though i love getting 10-15 runs on a street meet its great. money well spent. but for the big nights like the other night they needed to be pumped through as people were there for over 2 and a half hours before getting their first runs....

ScUd'EsS
Post #62

well i sat on the hill for the first time in a long time (instead of listening to it from the gate!!) and i actually enjoyed the breaks in between....
i got to catch up with and speak to people i hadnt seen in ages (with out the noise in the back ground!) i got more information on different things, and i got to hear our wonderful sponsors names clearly this time from the announcer cause i could hear him, no one could predict the first two runs would fuck us for an hour but the main thing was Dieter came out alive and walking because the previous mishap our awesome vollies took the time required and did their job! BJ - Jay and I and the rest of committee are fully aware of the way Willowbank run there track but you can not compare apples and oranges.... There are soooo many differences between the two tracks of course we are at an unfair disadvantage... too many to list...

Bj i've spoken to Andy about his previous 'shit' treatment as a vollie from the club - that was over three Presidents ago and prob time we all move on from that... From my discussions with our current vollies - most who participate at several motorsport and other events - HVDRA are one of the best clubs with their vollies. Clubs do different things with different Managment and i can personally say as a vollie for almost 9 seasons now the last three have been the best i have been looked after! (Still to win that vollie prize though Jay tongue.gif )

As a usual 'bike hater' i actually enjoyed the Nitro bikes - not so much loosing my sight for an hour but the atmosphere was great on those staging lanes! Well done to Margie and Steve for their top effort to get the show up here.....
The club is getting better and better and with the new facilities on there way next season (fingers crossed!) will be shit hot!

JET_RB25
Post #63

QUOTE (ScUd'EsS @ Jul 6 2009, 09:44 PM) *
well i sat on the hill for the first time in a long time (instead of listening to it from the gate!!) and i actually enjoyed the breaks in between....
i got to catch up with and speak to people i hadnt seen in ages (with out the noise in the back ground!) i got more information on different things, and i got to hear our wonderful sponsors names clearly this time from the announcer cause i could hear him, no one could predict the first two runs would fuck us for an hour but the main thing was Dieter came out alive and walking because the previous mishap our awesome vollies took the time required and did their job! BJ - Jay and I and the rest of committee are fully aware of the way Willowbank run there track but you can not compare apples and oranges.... There are soooo many differences between the two tracks of course we are at an unfair disadvantage... too many to list...

Bj i've spoken to Andy about his previous 'shit' treatment as a vollie from the club - that was over three Presidents ago and prob time we all move on from that... From my discussions with our current vollies - most who participate at several motorsport and other events - HVDRA are one of the best clubs with their vollies. Clubs do different things with different Managment and i can personally say as a vollie for almost 9 seasons now the last three have been the best i have been looked after! (Still to win that vollie prize though Jay tongue.gif )

As a usual 'bike hater' i actually enjoyed the Nitro bikes - not so much loosing my sight for an hour but the atmosphere was great on those staging lanes! Well done to Margie and Steve for their top effort to get the show up here.....
The club is getting better and better and with the new facilities on there way next season (fingers crossed!) will be shit hot!

if you dont compare you wont get better. you all asked what we liked and what we thought and again when people speak up they get shut down. the gaps in between racing were a killer and always are at HV. so like it or fucking lump it that is how i feel. Dont wanna know dont ask.

ScUd'EsS
Post #64

QUOTE (JET_RB25 @ Jul 6 2009, 09:19 PM) *
if you dont compare you wont get better. you all asked what we liked and what we thought and again when people speak up they get shut down. the gaps in between racing were a killer and always are at HV. so like it or fucking lump it that is how i feel. Dont wanna know dont ask.

kleenex are on their way honey!! it'll be ok...... Moony.gif

rx2re
Post #65

QUOTE (JET_RB25 @ Jul 5 2009, 05:47 PM) *
On top of that few mates have helped out with HvdrA and got treated like shit night after night. both will never help out again because if that.

Im hearing ya.

I helped out as an official years ago and same thing, got treated like a piece of shit and they wonder why they cant get support.

jsttry
Post #66

I'd hope things have changed since several years ago. There are at least three good concepts that we've tried that have come directly from Boostcruising, so we do listen.

I volunteer for a range of motorsport clubs and events and know how different events treat their volunteers which is why I've dropped out of some. We've taken several good concepts from other clubs and implemented over the past 2-3 years. I'd hope we're not repeating the same mistakes from years gone by.

Megz
Post #67

The thing is Jay, they seem to be all living in the past.

Get out there and give it a go this year and see how it compares to "several years ago" before you berate the Club.

jsttry
Post #68

I'm not forcing anyone, if they've been burnt before then fair enough I don't expect them to come running back full of joy. If I was burnt I'd feel the same way.

rx2re
Post #69

QUOTE (Megz @ Jul 7 2009, 10:57 AM) *
The thing is Jay, they seem to be all living in the past.

Get out there and give it a go this year and see how it compares to "several years ago" before you berate the Club.

Have you donated your time to help out? If not why not.

I have tried twice and got treated like shit twice, why go for a 3rd time.

Pure-SX
Post #70

discrimination against the rotor boys sad.gif

hehe

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x