Qfm High Performance Street And Track Brake Pads!  

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
gslrallysport
  • gslrallysport
  • Budding User
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 60,347
Post #1 post 2nd June 2009 - 08:14 PM

QFM's Performance Street pads fall into two compounds. The first is the HPX pad which is a perfect choice for street cars looking for excellent braking performance whilst retaining all the qualities of a good street pad. The HPX pads are ideal for high performance street cars looking for higher working temperatures with reduced fade, and also for Four Wheel Drives or vehicles looking to enhance their towing capacity or safety.The HPX pads unlike many pads in this performance range are virtually dust free, whilst maintaining low rotor wear.

QFM's second high performance street pad is the A1RM compound and provides QFM with its club sport track pad. It is ideal for high performance street cars that take to the track to test the limits, whilst still being a streetable pad. The A1RM is ideal for club level rally and hill climb where brakes are required right from the first corner!

SPECIFICATIONS
Formulation - Cold Friction - High Friction - Temperature ©
HPX - 0.41 - 0.42 - 0-550
A1RM - 0.40 - 0.48 - 0-780

For all the latest reports on QFM's Performance Pads checkout:
QFM Performance Website with URL'd customer feedback!!! <<<--- Clicky!

HPX - $79 per axle set front or rear
A1RM - $119 per axle set front or rear

ALSO IF YOUR CAR ISN'T LISTED ABOVE give us a bell as we have the largest range of QFM Performance Pads on the shelf ready to go. Everything from VB-VE Commodores, to AE86 Sprinters, to Alfa Romeos to Mazda 323s and plenty more we have on the shelf.

As always, any question or dramas feel free to give us a bell, payment can either be credit card or direct deposit.

For more information checkout http://www.qfmperformance.com or give us a bell on 1300 884 836.

--------------------
- GSL RallySport - 1300 884 836 -
Sick of paying too much for high performance brake pads? Want high performance and cold bite with low rotor wear?
- QFM Performance Brake Pads -
gslrallysport
Post #2

More news just in!!!

Just a quick update. Went to Winton over the long weekend with a set of QFM A1RM's which performed outstandingly. The GTiR has very average brakes to begin with which normally fit inside a 14" rim. But the pads (with std rotors) performed extremely well with no fade. Was literlly off my seat slightly standing on the brakes at the end of the straight.

http://performanceforums.com/forums/showpo...mp;postcount=62

A1RM fitted to WRX!
I did an AHG tuning arvo on the 24th April and I was in need of some decent pads but as ever money and time came in to the choices of what was available.

I know DS2500 are the usual route to take however I found the pricing of what was available in Perth rather hard to swallow and the interstate postage some people wanted to charge was scandalous so I began to search around for the alternatives and came across GSL Rallysport and the QFM pads....at the time they were even running a half price rears and free delivery offer.

So I placed an order for their A1RM track pads, they had sold out of WRX pads because of the special offer however I was assured that because of the trackday booking my order was priority and I would get my pads on time and at the special offer price. Emails and calls were returned very quickly which was a refreshing change.

As promised my pads were delivered to my place of work on time and I fitted them that night.

Out on the road they felt good from brand new. I gave them half a dozen 80-20kmh 'slows' and they immediately firmed up and they started biting hard. They did not need any more running in.

Under normal driving conditions they feel just like the stock Subaru pads, no squeeling, juddering, grinding and they work just like a stock pad from cold.

On the trackday they worked brillinatly. First corner they worked straight away...by the second and third corners I could really lean on them. We were running 2 laps at a time on the circuit and they did not fade at all or even begin to smell like they were getting hot.

On the skid pan where you are only jabbing the brakes and not building any heat in them they still worked exactly as you would expect.

Now obviously at AHG its only short stints of work but I have no reason to believe the pads would not cope with heavier use. I plan on giving them a go at Wanneroo soon.

Dont be put off by the price guys, these pads really do as they say on the box and make a fantastic every day, multi-use performance pad!!

Just for the record...I have no link to GSL Rallysport or QFM other than being a satisfied customer.

http://www.perth-wrx.com/vb/showpost.php?p...mp;postcount=17

QFM A1RM Fitted to S14 Silvia
Installed my front pads last week (A1RM) with DBA4000 rotors and so far Im very pleased. Initial bite is very good and they seem to pull the car up very quickly. So far much better than my old RB74s.

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5148992

cam22a
Post #3

Have ordered QFM pads on two occassions from Greg now. Very happy with the customer service received. Thanks

turbofreak
Post #4

have you got front and rears in stock for an 88 mx6 turbo?

gslrallysport
Post #5

QUOTE (turbofreak @ Jun 8 2009, 03:54 PM) *
have you got front and rears in stock for an 88 mx6 turbo?

Hi mate,

Apologies about the late reply. We were at Rally Bega over the long weekend and am only just catching up now.

Yep, got both front and rear on the shelf in A1RM. $119 per set, free shipping if front and rear ordered (ie. $238 all up).

Regards,
Greg

turbofreak
Post #6

How long would it be until you would be able to get HPX pads?

A1RM is a bit overkill at the moment, bit of a toss up i guess.

will get back to you soon.

gslrallysport
Post #7

QUOTE (turbofreak @ Jun 11 2009, 10:17 PM) *
How long would it be until you would be able to get HPX pads?

A1RM is a bit overkill at the moment, bit of a toss up i guess.

will get back to you soon.

Hi mate,

The HPX pads aren't a pad that we do off the shelf for the MX6. We can order it in, but it would be a 6-8 weeks wait for manufacture. Or otherwise if it's just a standard road car, we can do the Super X (pad below HPX) for $49 per set.

Regards,
Greg

turbofreak
Post #8

I dont want to go below the hpx as the car dont stop quiet aswell as i feel it should especially when i have a heavy foot. What will postage to 3023 be on just the fronts?

gslrallysport
Post #9

Postage on just the fronts would be $8, or else free if front and rears purchased together.

Regards,
Greg

turbofreak
Post #10

PM'd you mate.

gslrallysport
Post #11

*** End of Financial Year Special on Brembo HPX Pads! ***

Until the end of June 30, having a half rear rears deal on QFM HPX pads to suit EVO/STi Brembos. List price per set of QFM HPX pad to suit Brembo (Bendix Ultimate equivalent, minus the dust and rotor wear), is $149 per axle set. Our regular sale price is $110 per axle set, and we're half pricing that price!

Front and rear HPX to suit Brembo, $177.50 delivered! List price $298 plus delivery, that's a saving of $133 off list price!

If you're only after one axle set, will do free shipping, so either front or rear for $110 delivered.

A1RM are still on back order, but if you don't do track work, and are after a high performance low dust and rotor wear pad, then the HPX is perfect. For more information checkout www.qfmperformance.com, or give us a call 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

dano4127
Post #12

Any EOFY deals on R33 GTST pads mate?

lil_foy
Post #13

Hi mate,

My oem honda pads seem to fade out halfway through a mountain drive at a steady pace due to the constant on and off the brakes.

Will the hpx provide enough braking support for my application?
I had the pads smoking on various occations so I need to look for an upgrade.

I also look at doing the occational track day at queensland raceway.
Would the hpx be fine for the very occational track day.

Thanks.

gslrallysport
Post #14

QUOTE (dano4127 @ Jun 22 2009, 04:20 PM) *
Any EOFY deals on R33 GTST pads mate?

Hi mate,

Not a specific deal no. We are selling the GTST A1RM at $119 per axle set (list price is $149) and HPX at $79 per axle set (list price is $99). Also free shipping on front and rear purchased together.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #15

QUOTE (lil_foy @ Jun 22 2009, 10:54 PM) *
Hi mate,

My oem honda pads seem to fade out halfway through a mountain drive at a steady pace due to the constant on and off the brakes.

Will the hpx provide enough braking support for my application?
I had the pads smoking on various occations so I need to look for an upgrade.

I also look at doing the occational track day at queensland raceway.
Would the hpx be fine for the very occational track day.

Thanks.

Hi mate,

The fade you were getting was definitely pad fade (rock hard pedal and no brakes), not fluid fade (soft spongy pedal and no brakes)??? What pads are you currently running?

The HPX is a Bendix Ultimate equivalent in terms of performance, so quite good for fast street, but if you're looking at doing track work you really need to step up to the A1RM.

Regards,
Greg

lil_foy
Post #16

Atm im running factory honda pads which came with the car.

I can get very cheap goodridge braided lines which I will look at when the time comes to upgrade.
Im sure its the pads as factory pads will burnout before a decent dot4 fluid would im presuming.

The pedal was hard for a period till I then heated up the fluid because I had to slowdown so much with fucked pads. (I was still driving at a steady pace so holding on the brakes harder longer would be the only thing that'd slightly help, there was nowhere to stop)

I will be getting some a1rm pads once my parts come from japan and I get some new rotors.

Im presuming they are of a ceramic compound?
Where are you located? If other then qld how much will postage be?

Thanks,
Andrew

gslrallysport
Post #17

Hi Andrew,

QUOTE (lil_foy @ Jun 23 2009, 05:44 PM) *
Atm im running factory honda pads which came with the car.

I can get very cheap goodridge braided lines which I will look at when the time comes to upgrade.
Im sure its the pads as factory pads will burnout before a decent dot4 fluid would im presuming.

The pedal was hard for a period till I then heated up the fluid because I had to slowdown so much with fucked pads. (I was still driving at a steady pace so holding on the brakes harder longer would be the only thing that'd slightly help, there was nowhere to stop)

Ok, no dramas, sounds like pads! Make sure if you're getting fluid you get something with a dry boiling point over 300 degrees. The stuff we personally use and recommend is TRW GP600 (Dot 4 compatible, and 312 degrees dry), and is cheaper than most at $65 for a 1L bottle.

I will be getting some a1rm pads once my parts come from japan and I get some new rotors.

Im presuming they are of a ceramic compound?

Organo metalic.

Where are you located? If other then qld how much will postage be?

If you're local to Mt Gravatt we'll either delivery it for nothing, or throw it on Couriers Please. Shipping is free if front and rear purchased together, or else $8 per set individually.

Regards,
Greg

lil_foy
Post #18

Mt Gravatt isnt far away. (30mins)
I'll give you guys a call when I get my funds back up.

Thanks,
Andrew

gslrallysport
Post #19

Andrew,

No dramas, speak to you then!

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #20

*** Free Shipping when you order two or more sets of pads together (ie. Front and Rear)!!! ***

gslrallysport
Post #21

*** August QFM Special ***

Until the end of the August (or sold out) we're having a special on a few QFM pad packages to suit certain applications!

JZA80 Supra 2pot/1pot
8 x Front and rear A1RM, $218 delivered! (RRP $308 delivered)
2 x Front A1RM and rear HPX, $178 delivered! (RRP $258 delivered)

S13 SR20DET 180SX Silvia
12 x Front A1RM and rear HPX, $178 delivered! (RRP $258 delivered)

VE Commodore
5 x Front and Rear HPX, $138 delivered! (RRP $208 delivered)

JA, JB, JD Mistubishi Starion
5 x Front A1RM, $99 delivered (RRP $159 delivered)

JDM AE86 Sprinter
5 x Rear A1RM, $99 delivered (RRP $159 delivered)

VB-VS Commodore, EF-BA Falcon
5 x Rear A1RM, $99 delivered (RRP $159 delivered)

Any questions feel free to give us a bell on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #22

A1RM Fitted to a Mitsubishi Legnum (Think Evo 5, but with 200kg more weight!)

I've got A1RM front pads with slotted rotors and they are great. Makes stock brakes (in my other legnum) feel like they don't work much at all. Very impressed!!

http://ozvr4.com/forums/showpost.php?p=114...p;postcount=104

gslrallysport
Post #23

A1RM Fitted To Skyline!

I have used them [A1RM] on my old R32 which had seen the track a few times and they were AWESOME!!! They are indeed low dust and relatively kind to the rotors for the kind of pad they are...can't recommend them highly enough...

http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/showpo...amp;postcount=2

tmwnn
Post #24

how much for pads to suit the rears on a 2002 B4 liberty?

gslrallysport
Post #25

QUOTE (tmwnn @ Jul 27 2009, 10:59 PM) *
how much for pads to suit the rears on a 2002 B4 liberty?

Hi mate,

Your pads should look like this:
http://www.bendix.com.au/User_Uploaded_Fil...ages/DB1379.gif

In HPX (Bendix Ultimate equivalent, with low dust and rotor wear) - $79 for the axle set.
In A1RM (Ferodo DS2500 equivalent, again with low dust and rotor wear) - $119 for the axle set.

Both in stock, $8 shipping to you, or free shipping if you also purchased front pads.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #26

*** VE HSV and Turbo JZA Supra (4/2 pot) QFM Pads Now Available!!! ***

Exclusive to GSL RallySport, now in stock!

VE HSV (And VZ HSV with AP 6 pot front and 4 pot rear)
Front A1RM - $179
Rear A1RM - $179

Turbo Supra (4/2 pot)
Front HPX $119
Rear HPX $119
Front A1RM $179
Rear A1RM $179

For more information, checkout http://www.qfmperformance.com, or give us a call on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #27

More Outstanding Feedback on A1RM!!!

A1RM are fantastic, more bite than a standard pad when dead cold, and only get better when they get hot, and better still when they start to smoke up and the rotors go blue!

Bendix Ultimate's which I had before these for roughly the same price are absolutely terrible in comparison. Pads aren't noisy, basically the A1RM is awesome, will buy again in the future!

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=5238434

lil_foy
Post #28

Hi Greg,

Not sure if you'll see this before tomorow afternoon ish but what time do you close?
I'll grab the front and rear set of a1rm pads for my car so just need to work out how i'll put the money through etc.

I'll call around 3~4pm tomorow and we'll work something out.

Thanks,
Andrew

Edit~
Pmed incase I forget aswell.

lil_foy
Post #29

Recieved mine yesterday.
I'll fit them up asap with the new rotors I got from you aswell.

Thanks mate!

gslrallysport
Post #30

Pretty Much Says It All...

nothing bad to say about the QFM pads except they're not free!

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/1256358-post4.html

Ideo
Post #31

Hey mate

Do you stock anything for a MY01 Audi S3 front and rear?

My_ToyMota
Post #32

got any stagea ser 1 rs4 turbo front brake pads in hpx?

gslrallysport
Post #33

QUOTE (Ideo @ Aug 20 2009, 03:29 PM) *
Hey mate

Do you stock anything for a MY01 Audi S3 front and rear?

Certainly do mate, got a stack of options for the S3. Just need to find out first if your rear discs are solid or ventilated?

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #34

QUOTE (My_ToyMota @ Aug 20 2009, 10:33 PM) *
got any stagea ser 1 rs4 turbo front brake pads in hpx?

Hi mate,

HPX front for S1 are still under development. Fronts we've only got in Nisshinbo (Japanese brand similar to Acre) $75 or TRW Lucas $79.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #35

*** Office Closure 31/8 -> 7/9 ***

GSL RallySport will be closed from the 31st August through till 7th September due to our involvement in the World Rally Championship. All orders would need to be placed and paid for by Wednesday this week to guarantee delivery. Office re-opens 8am 8th September.

For all the information on the WRC checkout http://www.rallyaustralia.com

Apologies for any inconvenience caused!

Best Regards,
GSL RallySport

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x