Vpsiiman's Holden - VP V6 Turbo  

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
charged
Post #71

great thread very enjoyable to read... what was the xaust valve story? what was wrong with cylinder 4 in the end? i like stories lol

AGI78-VP
Post #72

QUOTE (charged @ Apr 26 2010, 05:01 PM) *
great thread very enjoyable to read... what was the xaust valve story? what was wrong with cylinder 4 in the end? i like stories lol

well turned out a few of the old lifters had seized and were holding the valves open, they have been replayed and now im getting valve float after 5 grand, so have to look at strong valve springs, yay

emma4305
Post #73

at the end of the day its still a vp nothin special soz man dnt like it aye

AGI78-VP
Post #74

QUOTE (emma4305 @ Apr 28 2010, 01:27 AM) *
at the end of the day its still a vp nothin special soz man dnt like it aye

No worries champ, if we all had the same taste in cars it would be a pretty fucking boring world wouldn't it. Although I must admit I'm suprised that someone with your grasp of the English language wouldn't be more into a commodore.

I do appreciate you trying to let me know how you feel about it though.

chris_hilux02
Post #75

i usually dislike vn-vs shape commys, but this one is hot.
keep up the good work mate

AGI78-VP
Post #76

car is going again, had it for a week

ended up

cometic headgaskets installed, heads remachined, new valves, new lifters, new valve springs

retuned and making 387rwhp on 14psi still, will post dyno later

jman27
Post #77

must admit.. pretty jealous man :)
veryy nice

sir boostalot
Post #78

Sweet ride. Well done! :)

OVQ01
Post #79

QUOTE (AGI78-VP @ Mar 7 2010, 01:41 PM) *
currently making 375.

i'd love to wind the boost up but orginally the motor was built to be a high comp tough na motor, then it changed paths after the motor was built.

so unfortunately i have to run fuck all timing even with the boost at 14 psi

when you ordered your new head gaskets why didnt you get a "standard squash plus 1.6mm" copper head gasket for it, obviously as you know it will lower your comp rate. thats all i have done to my vl, it works great as i had the same problem of timing at the start when i did my conversion on my NA motor.. Nice work on your build, it looks nice !!

AGI78-VP
Post #80

QUOTE (OVQ01 @ Sep 11 2010, 05:07 PM) *
when you ordered your new head gaskets why didnt you get a "standard squash plus 1.6mm" copper head gasket for it, obviously as you know it will lower your comp rate. thats all i have done to my vl, it works great as i had the same problem of timing at the start when i did my conversion on my NA motor.. Nice work on your build, it looks nice !!

copper gaskets are really only good if the block has been o ringed was my understanding.

in other news - blew the gearbox yesterday, pulled it out this morning - yay

Returner
Post #81

100 percent not a commodore guy.
But this fully sway's me, thats so cool.

AGI78-VP
Post #82

QUOTE (Returner @ Oct 1 2010, 10:52 PM) *
100 percent not a commodore guy.
But this fully sway's me, thats so cool.

cheers mate.

i've tried to stay away from the typical styles, "13 colour and/or primered" or the "slap the latest model body kit i can find"

and i think its worked for me

Wi1dvh
Post #83

very nice vp heaps jelous mine doesnt look that good
gl with the car

AGI78-VP
Post #84

woo feature car

KammdUP
Post #85

sooooo envious

3atsv8s
Post #86

SEXC

AGI78-VP
Post #87

typical commodore is typical

Well car had been running fine for a few months until last night, coming up to a T intersection doing 60, i had the red light, hit the breaks and nothing, smashed the box into first to try to wipe a bit of speed and sailed through the intersection fortunately there was no other cars coming. Pulled over and thats when i noticed the smoke coming from the bonnet. popped the hood and there was a decent fire. i tried for what felt like hours (probably only 3 minutes) to put it out with a seat cover as cars just flew past not giving a fuck, finally a guy stopped and with the 2x 2 litre coke bottles he had we managed to get it out. I then sat on the side of the road until 2am waiting for the towie, here is the aftermath, could have been alot worse, i think the burns i sustained are probably about as bad as the damage to the car hahaha.

weeber124
Post #88

sad.gif wow sorry see mate.

KammdUP
Post #89

sucks about the fire mate, thing is still shit hot even if it doesnt go, my misso wants your boot lip for her vn tongue.gif id also like to buy you a beer some time(or other alcoholic beverage) for all your help and information for my build beer.gif, hopefullly at that stage both fo our cars will be running tongue.gif hahah labours of love smile.gif keep up the good work, your the pure inspiration for my v6 project, one day i hope my car is as cool as yours thumbsup.gif

oh and as fast laugh.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x