Vpsiiman's Holden - VP V6 Turbo  

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
ITS2EZ
Post #36

straightup im not a fan of commo's or ford's especially older ones but this is fuking top work mate. seems like you treat this car nicely. only thing i dont like is the fmic hangs that 1 or 2 inch too low from the front bar and kinda makes it look a little out of place. a smaller(height) ic would make front look a lot neater. but well done on the car mate. good stuff

IM BACK
Post #37

looks good mate ,, if there is one guy u can trust it would be rob ,,,

VPSIIMAN
Post #38

47ACK!
Post #39

fucking sweet dude! great read!

gti_18l
Post #40

top effort on post
a great read
good to see a commo actually done properly

VPSIIMAN
Post #41

new 60lb seimens injectors arrived today, as did my extra fuel pump.

will hopefully have them installed this weekend, then im just left with sorting the wastegate issues

Astra Boi
Post #42

thatsss sicc m8

VPSIIMAN
Post #43

yay, got my 2nd 38mm turbosmart wastegate today.

so now its just a matter of gettin the pipework to add it on, throw in the bigger injectors and pump, then retune it again :thumbsup:

MaDDoG
Post #44

great job mate from start to finish, its tidy, neat and classy and she has the muscle. Great work mate, all the best on the next tune, hope she nets some nice gains for you :ph34r:

VPSIIMAN
Post #45

VPSIIMAN
Post #46

PROGRESS...

well i finally got around to relocating the battery to the boot. ran 70mm2 (bit bigger then 0 gauge) cable from the battery to a distribtion block and put everything that used to be on the battery onto that, and its protected by a 200AMP fuse. i ran it under the car in 20mm electrical conduit then went up the firewall and up into the boot in coro. so now i can finally make my new 4" intake and box it up :rant:

spot for air filter

4" alloy pipe and new filter

battery in the boot

i also got my new wastegate setup welded up running the 2 38mm turbosmart gates ash got me, and there even plumbed back (no more open gate salutes :cwy: )

and i've got myself an alloy radiator dual core, way thicker then the old one, im getting some stainless radiator hoses made up so i wont put it in till they r done

VPSIIMAN
Post #47

alrighty,

so here is the pics of the new wastegate setup and a copy of the dyno.

this used to be the dump pipe and those 2 pipes are where the wastegates used to be plumbed into, so the first problem was the place used 32mm pipe for 38mm gates, 2nd problem was they only drilled the holes out to about 20mm !!

VPSIIMAN
Post #48

h here is a pic of my new aluminium big radiator i put in this weekend

VPSIIMAN
Post #49

pic with some bikini girls

Hilux369
Post #50

......speachless mate.....great vp makes me wanna go buy myn back =)
GREAT LOOKING COMMO

VPSIIMAN
Post #51

QUOTE (Hilux369 @ Oct 6 2009, 12:40 AM) *
......speachless mate.....great vp makes me wanna go buy myn back =)
GREAT LOOKING COMMO

cheers mate. i have really tried to take out as much of the bogan possible, which is alot with a vp haha

VPSIIMAN
Post #52

oh by the way, anybody now how to change the title of the thread, i can see when u go to edit the first post it is up the top, but i cant type in the box?

reddogyeeha
Post #53

one of the nicest commos around, seen it at acacia ridge skillstech a few times

57nnr
Post #54

nice commo nmate! something different which we all like to see!

VPSIIMAN
Post #55

well it looks like i've blown a head gasket, or cracked a head.

seems to be alot more coolant in the oil then last time i checked lol

VPSIIMAN
Post #56

this is how the motor is sitting

and this is some of the gunk inside the block, yay

fusion88
Post #57

fuck not good man

i like this car alot rims really suit and the mods are great hope you get it all sorted out bud

VPSIIMAN
Post #58

QUOTE (fusion88 @ Nov 15 2009, 06:22 PM) *
fuck not good man

i like this car alot rims really suit and the mods are great hope you get it all sorted out bud

thanks mate,

so pissed off at it at the moment, has just sat in the garage pulled apart to this stage for about six weeks, havent even been bothered to pull the heads off yet.

VPSIIMAN
Post #59

well i got my new valve covers finally. i think they look pretty sweet, got a bung on each one to run off to my catch can too. main seller for me was the fact they run the factory molded rubber gaskets apposed to the flat paper ones my current ones use that wont stop leaking

also got my cometic head gaskets - not bloody cheap and seeing the value of the US dollar i got a few autometer gauges too.

car goes down to 101 on monday to get fixed

VPSIIMAN
Post #60

update

just got a call from the workshop and they have said that every exhaust valve is bent !

ok 2 questions.

1. anyone heard of this happening and why would it happen?

2. anyone know of somewhere that sells stainless / better then stock valves?

vs4eva
Post #61

how did you go with ur exhaust valves mate love the build buy the way

VPSIIMAN
Post #62

QUOTE (vs4eva @ Feb 28 2010, 06:00 PM) *
how did you go with ur exhaust valves mate love the build buy the way

motor is back together but for some reason cyl 4 is fouling with fuel over 3 grand and the car misses horribly.

so far we have replaced
coils
ignition module
leads
plugs
cleaned injectors and swapped them round
compression tested
and other stuff

ECU has been sent off to haltec for testing

Sharpy
Post #63

It only make 350 hp on a GT35?

Are u gonna wind the boost up?

nice write up though

VPSIIMAN
Post #64

QUOTE (Sharpy @ Mar 7 2010, 12:09 PM) *
It only make 350 hp on a GT35?

Are u gonna wind the boost up?

nice write up though

currently making 375.

i'd love to wind the boost up but orginally the motor was built to be a high comp tough na motor, then it changed paths after the motor was built.

so unfortunately i have to run fuck all timing even with the boost at 14 psi

VPSIIMAN
Post #65

got sick of having an crappy stezza

picked myself up a pioneer in dash 7 inch dvd player and got myself a mtx 9500 series sub and amp to go with.

now i just need the car to install it all into hahaha

VPSIIMAN
Post #66

fkn piece of shit hasnt run since november last year, guess thats why u dont see to many turbo v6 commo's round lol

Jono
Post #67

keep the faith, the first time you hit boost again you will love it like the good old days.

lo_rolla
Post #68

Love it mate. And if your worried about a few months off the road check out my build. 2.5 years and counting!!

VPSIIMAN
Post #69

QUOTE (lo_rolla @ Apr 23 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Love it mate. And if your worried about a few months off the road check out my build. 2.5 years and counting!!

not really worried, but its supposed to be my daily ! lol

vomit
Post #70

Impressive build mate.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x