Adaptronic Ecu E420c,plug And Play Looms,map Sensors, Ignitors - ECU with adaptive fuel capabilities and TPS and map sensor Tuning  

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
AdapTronic
Post #71

PM Replied

IRB20
Post #72

No answer to my question?

AdapTronic
Post #73

Hi there,

We have been talking to Skidman on the Adaptronic forum about the issue - we have discovered in some rare circumstances (we've sold > 1000 ECUs and have seen the problem 2 or 3 times) that on some installations it's possible for ignition noise to get back into the ECU through the ignition output wiring, so we certainly haven't been ignoring it! There's a response to the question on the Adaptronic forum with a series of questions to further isolate the problem.

The reason no fault was found when it was back here was because it is installation dependent. In some cases it has been traced down to distributor or coil issues, so testing the ECU here won't find your particular problem.

We do want the problem resolved which is why we follow it up on the forum.

IRB20 sorry for missing your question, in regards to your ECU query what vehicle are you going to install this ECU onto?

IRB20
Post #74

1j into an S13 using aftermarket toyota coils with built in ignitor.

AdapTronic
Post #75

You Shouldnt have a problem IRB20, sicne their built in ignitors you shouldnt get any "noise" coming back through. Just make sure you have a good ground and power supply to them and you should be right. If you have any other issues please dont hesitate to call us and we will help you over the phone or over email which ever way you prefer. =)!

Also just to let you all know that this problem with ignition "noise" coming through to the ignition output is a problem acorss the board with majority of ECU's. Haltechs quickstart ECU guide states to have iginition wiring 100mm or more away from any other wiring due to this problem. So for future reference with your iginition wiring setup it is best to keep it away from any wiring when installing.

Cheers

IRB20
Post #76

No problem. Thank you for the reply. I am getting the ECU installed professional, so hopefully this will eliminate any issues that could happen.

AdapTronic
Post #77

Not a problem IRB20, like I said if they or you have any issues please dont hesitate to call us and we will do what we can to help =)!

SkiDMaN
Post #78

who can i call about my adapt... it has lost the tune again. its nearly leveled the fuel maps and then added a massive fuel spike in the middle.

can i please just get a replacement ecu. im sick of uploading the tune all the time

IRB20
Post #79

^^^ That is what my concern is with mine.

If this happens, I will be pulling the ecu out of my car and asking adaptronic to refund me for the installation cost of the ecu and also the cost of the ecu itself because they can have it back.

I'm putting this ecu into a daily driven car and dont want to have to carry a laptop around with me everywhere "just incase".

SkiDMaN
Post #80

well i was wrong about it leveling the fuel map... it just looks like it cause the map has changed its graphing to make up for the 44 milli second spike in the tune... pming u photos of what it looks like

peter

AdapTronic
Post #81

Hi Skidman i have pm'd you back and IRB20 if you go about the wiring like we said and have all the wiring correct it shouldnt happen. I have had an Adaptronic in my car and never had an issue and plenty of our daily buying customers put these ECU's into vehicles without a single complaint or issue like this. Like we have said this is quite rare to occur and is usually wiring associated, if this is all correct there shouldnt be a problem.

Cheers

whitestriped63
Post #82

Is there a plug and play for an EP91 (JDM ECU) starlet? If so, how much?

JC

vs4eva
Post #83

how much for a rb20 ecu with plug and play loom and removal of airflow metre

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x