Custom Shops - I need a custom differential built  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
damo702002
Post #36

genuine ford detroit center will set you back 1200 bucks.
Dont buy an ebay knock off made in china or you,ll be rebuilding your diff quicker than you can change from first to second gear i assure you.

Have heard lots of horror stories about them already.
Spools are not as bad as people say and a tight lsd is better than anything else.

Just my thoughts and ideas...your cash so do as you want.

Webbey64
Post #37

hey dont shoot the messenger bro, i was just saying what they said, hell i might even go a spool but i dont like the idea of one wheel jumping around a corner unless i give it heaps then it will just kinda glide.

I have never driven in a car with a spool your thoughs are more than welcome after all your the expert not me, the more information you feed me the better off i am, im not going to argue with you just ask questions.

Mookie
Post #38

fuck it just weld it ! lol

Webbey64
Post #39

well thats my second train of thought nah i want to be legal about all this and and put a proper means to locking both axles together tongue.gif

anyone got any good or bad reports on spools?

Mookie
Post #40

i was under the impression anything but an lsd was illegal ?

ARB airlocker ?

Webbey64
Post #41

yeah it is mook i was being a dick lol, a cop isnt going to go to the trouble of looking in my diff to see if its a weldy or not.

Mookie
Post #42

true but they can defect u and make it so your car has to be inspected

Webbey64
Post #43

going to be very hard for them to give me a defect for it unless they make u do tight circles in your car and see the inner wheel skid.

Blake Kennedy
Post #44

QUOTE(Webbey64 @ Mar 3 2009, 06:14 AM) [snapback]1283668525[/snapback]

going to be very hard for them to give me a defect for it unless they make u do tight circles in your car and see the inner wheel skid.

you might want to look at a Lokka Lock Rite
I got one for my car on recomendation, they are tough and come with a 2 year warrenty and 650 bucks
open under no/light load fully locked under anything else
worth a thought

EVL-008
Post #45

^^ Alot of 4x4 boys use them. I agree with Mookie tho, try for an ARB air locker!

Webbey64
Post #46

where did you get that from blake i assume they do them for a 9inch?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x