P1 Test Tomrow - Any tips?  

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
IGotVtec
Post #36

QUOTE(projared @ Feb 22 2009, 10:06 PM) [snapback]1283623452[/snapback]

dont drive like a fuckhead once u have ur licsense.... rules are made not to be broken....

i wont i cruise:)

projared
Post #37

^^^ lets hope so... we dont want to hear another bad story now...

jks24
Post #38

drive the way you have been taught. Hopefuly you have been taught the right way, lol. GL with it, i got mine first time, its nerve racking but really not that hard.

J2
Post #39

Hot Tip: Don't Fuck Up!

but yeah, regarding your changing lanes, allow 3 "ticks" of the blinker before you begin to merge, dont forget to shoulder check BEFORE you put your indicator on, and AGAIN before you start to merge over.

H3R3TIC
Post #40

QUOTE(GreekWarrior @ Feb 22 2009, 07:18 PM) [snapback]1283622184[/snapback]

when you go to change gear make sure you grab the right knob

if hes a seedy old man...either way he will pass smile.gif

IGotVtec
Post #41

Thanks guyys

3 hours til my test

nervouss eek3.gif

WB_CUSTOM
Post #42

dont be its easy, did it in auto first time, way easy, did it in manual not to long later..even easier...just drive careful and make shaw u do everything u should do like shoulder checks and wat not, u'll be sweet ..good luck

IGotVtec
Post #43

shit missed out by one thing so rebooked

um one question i stuffed up cause i didnt um blind check when reversing?

when i do reverse do i look back than use my mirrors or jsut look back over my shoulder the whole tym while reversing?

Nova_Racer
Post #44

QUOTE(ExodusDesign @ Feb 22 2009, 07:11 PM) [snapback]1283622130[/snapback]

but until then. ten and two...

WRONG! tongue.gif

3 and 9 these days buddy wink.gif

N15SnEaK
Post #45

man i just got mine today man i was heaps scared ay because this big fat guy come out and told me his last name and i was F@#K i dated his daughter dont think he remembers

oh yea and try not to hit people it kind looks bad and if you do drive it like its hot lol

good luck man hope you get them

WB_CUSTOM
Post #46

bad luck dude, go again ull be right ...nervs may have taken over:P

IGotVtec
Post #47

QUOTE(WB_CUSTOM @ Feb 23 2009, 05:32 PM) [snapback]1283627551[/snapback]

bad luck dude, go again ull be right ...nervs may have taken over:P

thanks man yeah booked for friday:)

second time lucky i hopee:)

jsut in time for the weekend so hopefulyl if i get it some guys are goin out cruisin:)

would be wicked

rolla_boy91
Post #48

QUOTE(IGotVtec @ Feb 23 2009, 02:00 PM) [snapback]1283625948[/snapback]

when i do reverse do i look back than use my mirrors or jsut look back over my shoulder the whole tym while reversing?

if its a reverse parallel park you should be looking over your shoulder 90% of the time, but if it is a straight reverse you should stay looking over your shoulder

team_13
Post #49

yer allways look over ur shoulder, if u see a car coming stop emmedietly, and remain stopped untill that car has passed..

IGotVtec
Post #50

alryt thats the only thing i got wrong that i need help with haha now to stop the habbiat of palmin the wheel:)

Rookie ROX
Post #51

You should always been looking through the rear window (ie. over your shoulder). For the test at least, pretend the mirrors don't exist when reversing. It's a common trick they try. I take it you didn't have any professional lessons?

Good luck next time.

ROCK ON
R~R

IGotVtec
Post #52

QUOTE(IGotVtec @ Feb 23 2009, 06:28 PM) [snapback]1283627996[/snapback]

alryt thats the only thing i got wrong that i need help with haha now to stop the habbiat of palmin the wheel:)

oh and all he mad me do is turn around(3 point turn) and reverse exercise(jsut reverse.failed) is there more to it that i didnt get to do cause i failed or what?

IGotVtec
Post #53

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Feb 23 2009, 06:32 PM) [snapback]1283628033[/snapback]

You should always been looking through the rear window (ie. over your shoulder). For the test at least, pretend the mirrors don't exist when reversing. It's a common trick they try. I take it you didn't have any professional lessons?

Good luck next time.

ROCK ON
R~R

thanks mate

nah didnt get any

regret it now probaly woulda helped but than again after all the tips ive been given from you guys i should be alright on friday.

any thing else i should know?

im goin for it at logan if that helps

MSF70
Post #54

QUOTE(IGotVtec @ Feb 23 2009, 07:21 PM) [snapback]1283628422[/snapback]

thanks mate

nah didnt get any

regret it now probaly woulda helped but than again after all the tips ive been given from you guys i should be alright on friday.

any thing else i should know?

im goin for it at logan if that helps

In logan? well you shouldnt have any problems passing. tongue.gif

Check your mirrors, be aware of speed zones/road works, keep BOTH hands on the stearing wheel.. Always stop behind cars so you can see BOTH wheels clearly stay 2 cars distance while driving behind anyone.. oh and because its queensland remember to indicate out of round abouts... wink.gif

IGotVtec
Post #55

QUOTE(MSF70 @ Feb 23 2009, 07:53 PM) [snapback]1283628700[/snapback]

In logan? well you shouldnt have any problems passing. tongue.gif

Check your mirrors, be aware of speed zones/road works, keep BOTH hands on the stearing wheel.. Always stop behind cars so you can see BOTH wheels clearly stay 2 cars distance while driving behind anyone.. oh and because its queensland remember to indicate out of round abouts... wink.gif

yeaaa well the guy said im really good driver with jsut basic driving and he only failed me because reversin i didnt should check casue i thought i was only ment to use mirrors but now i sohuld be alryt now i know:)

but thanks everyone for helpon with the info:)

Rookie ROX
Post #56

Well in that case can I suggest you now go and pay for one or two professional lessons. This is for no other reason besides that THEY know all the tricks and tips that the testers in your area use, and can teach you appropriately to help you pass. Things like looking out your rear window when reversing, or pointing out particular routes with hidden school zones etc.

ROCK ON
R~R

IGotVtec
Post #57

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Feb 23 2009, 09:21 PM) [snapback]1283629517[/snapback]

Well in that case can I suggest you now go and pay for one or two professional lessons. This is for no other reason besides that THEY know all the tricks and tips that the testers in your area use, and can teach you appropriately to help you pass. Things like looking out your rear window when reversing, or pointing out particular routes with hidden school zones etc.

ROCK ON
R~R

okay i will give a school a call tomorow morning n try n book in before friday

edi25
Post #58

QUOTE(IGotVtec @ Feb 23 2009, 01:30 PM) [snapback]1283625948[/snapback]

they want u to turn around and look out the back window these days... mirrors are so much better thats what they were made for

jks24
Post #59

yeh man you should have got a few pro lessons in already but anyway. I got mine in logan and few tricky things around there that my school showed me. DId u by nechance have barry as your examiner today?

Rookie ROX
Post #60

QUOTE(IGotVtec @ Feb 23 2009, 09:43 PM) [snapback]1283629726[/snapback]

okay i will give a school a call tomorow morning n try n book in before friday

Sounds like a plan. As I said it's just so they have a chance to pick up and make you aware of the minor things that your parents or whoever normally teaches you don't know about or don't think of.

QUOTE(edi25 @ Feb 23 2009, 11:20 PM) [snapback]1283630380[/snapback]

they want u to turn around and look out the back window these days... mirrors are so much better thats what they were made for

No, they're not. You see much more physically turning and looking out the rear window then you can in your rearview mirror, and they're testing you understand that. Mirrors are simply an aid, not the be all and end all. Heck you've only got to almost merge on top of someone because you didn't bother to shoulder check to realise they've also got their blindspots.

ROCK ON
R~R

IGotVtec
Post #61

just quickly with the reverse parking?

do you have to get it first go or can you go forawrd than straighten up cause using my dads 4wd Ute n got very bad steering ratio

thanks

mx6 guy
Post #62

wear a cap, cause it magnify's the illusion that your looking around i.e brim moving... plus NO FLAT BRIMS. instant fail. an instructor told me that to wear a cap and i passed first time smile.gif

GOOD LUCK... may the force be with you

Rookie ROX
Post #63

QUOTE(IGotVtec @ Feb 24 2009, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1283634526[/snapback]

just quickly with the reverse parking?

do you have to get it first go or can you go forawrd than straighten up cause using my dads 4wd Ute n got very bad steering ratio

thanks

You have a maximum of two reverse movements and one forward movement. A competent tester will understand that a larger vehicle like a 4WD is obviously going to have a significantly larger turning circle and steering ratio, as opposed to a small sports car and will take that into account.

Worth checking out the Q-Safe Manual, as this is what they use to mark you on.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Licen...e_online_manual

Section 6 has information regarding the reverse park for you, and Section 7 gives you indicators of what will result in you being marked down (be it a NCDE or a CDE).

ROCK ON
R~R

IGotVtec
Post #64

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Feb 24 2009, 07:41 PM) [snapback]1283634942[/snapback]

You have a maximum of two reverse movements and one forward movement. A competent tester will understand that a larger vehicle like a 4WD is obviously going to have a significantly larger turning circle and steering ratio, as opposed to a small sports car and will take that into account.

Worth checking out the Q-Safe Manual, as this is what they use to mark you on.

http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/Home/Licen...e_online_manual

Section 6 has information regarding the reverse park for you, and Section 7 gives you indicators of what will result in you being marked down (be it a NCDE or a CDE).

ROCK ON
R~R

thanks man helps heaps

i booked driving test tomrow jsut to make sure my technique is all good:)

IGotVtec
Post #65

Thanks guys for everythingg:)

cant wait to be able to come out with you guys facesjump.gif

IGotVtec
Post #66

tomorrow at 10 25

jks24
Post #67

good luck again mate, second time lucky hopefully smile.gif

IGotVtec
Post #68

QUOTE(jks24 @ Feb 26 2009, 07:12 PM) [snapback]1283647745[/snapback]

good luck again mate, second time lucky hopefully smile.gif

thanks man:)

youbUTEless 33
Post #69

QUOTE(IGotVtec @ Feb 26 2009, 09:20 PM) [snapback]1283648573[/snapback]

thanks man:)

how did it go?

<-KuRt->
Post #70

QUOTE(jks24 @ Feb 23 2009, 11:28 PM) [snapback]1283630422[/snapback]

yeh man you should have got a few pro lessons in already but anyway. I got mine in logan and few tricky things around there that my school showed me. DId u by nechance have barry as your examiner today?

yeah i've heard about that barry fella. Wat are the tricky things around logan? Any other tips anyone?
only a couple of months till i go too

& How did you go this time "igotvtec"?

thanks,

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x