More Bad Media for Drag Racing - Bad News  

Page 2 of 7
Jump to page
kirbdik
Post #36

damn , that would suk big time, well thats how it was funded. funny how he got away 4 so long

and he wouldnt even race me

rob_88_
Post #37

QUOTE(billsevent3 @ Feb 3 2009, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1283522013[/snapback]

Just found this on the Brett Stevens Racing Website - for anyone after a cheap deal... http://www.oco.com.au/BSR_sale_ok.pdf

Probably be able to pick some of that stuff up alot cheaper now that the coppers are going to auction it off.

ExodusDesign
Post #38

for some reason when they said narangba man i instantly thought victor bray

he lives at the top end of kallangur, top of brays road, the old family farm.

it has been widely known/rumoured for a long time about the drug game, with brett stevens, and a few other people who are close.

OSK
Post #39

QUOTE(rob_88_ @ Feb 3 2009, 06:54 PM) [snapback]1283522139[/snapback]

Probably be able to pick some of that stuff up alot cheaper now that the coppers are going to auction it off.

it won't be for sale anymore

it will all be siezed and in the impound

wooley
Post #40

n the state will auction it al

El Pedro
Post #41

I thought this was old news. Didn't Brett Stevens get picked up for this a while ago?

johno
Post #42

QUOTE(ExodusDesign @ Feb 3 2009, 07:00 PM) [snapback]1283522181[/snapback]

it has been widely known/rumoured for a long time about the drug game, with brett stevens, and a few other people who are close.

x2

johno
Post #43

talk about having a awesome after party when they would win a few races.

Nikked
Post #44

so while other drivers/teams struggled along, this dick throws drug money around.

the_random_hero
Post #45

QUOTE(johno @ Feb 3 2009, 07:24 PM) [snapback]1283522350[/snapback]

talk about having a awesome after party when they would win a few races.

Been to one of his shindigs, and not a drug in site.
That being said, I have to say I'm not incredibly surprised.

QUOTE(Nikked @ Feb 3 2009, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1283522526[/snapback]

so while other drivers/teams struggled along, this dick throws drug money around.

He actually owned at least two other businesses that I knew of, not to mention millions of dollars in sponsorships.

anx34
Post #46

holy shit he didnt do anything by halves by the sounds of it

project toneski
Post #47

i say good get rid of druggos and dealers lock em up or get em to earn a honest living

godsey82
Post #48

QUOTE(Tweak @ Feb 3 2009, 06:21 PM) [snapback]1283521885[/snapback]

yep bret was arrested today. everything has been confiscated right down to hise house.

So he was a very big "player" in the drug ring. Basicly he's fucked.

Whos up for a cruise to the police auction

ive known it for ages, this really confirms it. this will really throw the drag racing community into termoil. talented bloke gone down the wrong path. sad sad state of affairs

Michel
Post #49

Yeah i saw this on the news just before. Pretty nuts.
And yeah, explains why he had such crazy cars.

Also, i wonder now if jack daniels have lost trust and shit in drag racing aswell in a hole.. Would be a big sponsorship loss..

proskyline
Post #50

found this articial.A year-long operation targeting trafficking, manufacturing and large-scale distribution of illicit drugs culminated today with police storming 15 properties in South-East Queensland.

Five people, including a 44-year-old Narangba man believed to be a prominent member of the Gold Coast drag-racing fraternity, were arrested.

The man was charged with producing the drug MDMA, growing cannabis and supplying amphetamines.

Police also seized an estimated $6.1 million worth of cash and property, including six high-performance cars and five motorcycles. All the vehicles were seized from a property near Yatala, south of Brisbane.

The raids were the third stage of Operation Golf Brazen, a joint investigation of the Queensland Police Service, Australian Crime Commission and the Queensland Crime and Misconduct Commission.

Today, police seized four pill presses worth about $40,000 on the black market and capable of procuding 1000 pills per minute.

They also found three hydroponic set-ups, 1825 MDMA (ecstasy) tablets, 80 grams of cocaine and $1 million in cash.

Search warrants were executed on the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Brisbane and one in NSW.

Since the operation began 12 months ago, 45 people have been arrested on 150 charges.

ACC chief executive Alastair Milroy said the operation had made a dent in a crime syndicate operating across three states, which also included Western Australia.

"We believe the drugs were predominantly distributed on the eastern seaboard of Australia," he said. "We are very pleased to have dismantled this network."

The CMC used its star chamber powers to elicit information from persons of interest, said acting Chief Superintendent Ian Parsons.

"Our investigators have provided crucial expertise in identifying assets bought with the proceeds of crime."

The 44-year-old man was due to face Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

MR LCD
Post #51

live and learn

Fatsteve
Post #52

tragic

proskyline
Post #53

this is goen 2 be big .an talked about 4 months an months if heres found guilty

Fatsteve
Post #54

if???? one press would be enough to go away for 10+ years.

TUF120
Post #55

Hmmm *types up letter for sponsorship*

A few sponsors available now. hsdance.gif

4BNGR
Post #56

no real surprise...

Cobraed
Post #57

couldnt they just give the money to charity auction the cars and divide the 1825 pills up between the 44 people just make sure that they actually swallow them

RX4_guy
Post #58

Dont be surprised if more big names dont go down as well in this .......

scatrd
Post #59

well there goes my supplier.

youd think he was far enough ahead to stop doing it. get in, make a buck, get out!

WizardHat
Post #60

QUOTE(scatrd @ Feb 4 2009, 02:15 AM) [snapback]1283524278[/snapback]

youd think he was far enough ahead to stop doing it. get in, make a buck, get out!

Maybe he did try and get out of it when he retired?

Either way, shit hit the fan big-time and he deserves everything he gets.

olcruiser64leh
Post #61

QUOTE(WizardHat @ Feb 4 2009, 02:27 AM) [snapback]1283524284[/snapback]

Call me suspicious, but it sort of answers why he retired so quickly and the team gear had all sponsorship removed.
Perhaps the coppers had him lined up befrore Xmas, but sponsors have waned to be distanced from him, so time was granted for the above to happen. It has happened before.

Time ran out yesterday.

Sort of like Underbelly without the shootings... eek3.gif

4BNGR
Post #62

QUOTE(WizardHat @ Feb 4 2009, 02:27 AM) [snapback]1283524284[/snapback]

it's called greed

QUOTE(olcruiser64leh @ Feb 4 2009, 05:54 AM) [snapback]1283524366[/snapback]

Call me suspicious, but it sort of answers why he retired so quickly and the team gear had all sponsorship removed.
Perhaps the coppers had him lined up befrore Xmas, but sponsors have waned to be distanced from him, so time was granted for the above to happen. It has happened before.

Time ran out yesterday.

Sort of like Underbelly without the shootings... eek3.gif

ding ding ding...we have a winner thumbsup.gif of course, if it was your company you would want out too before it was all made public

61RLY
Post #63

QUOTE(4BNGR @ Feb 4 2009, 07:15 AM) [snapback]1283524466[/snapback]

it's called greed
ding ding ding...we have a winner thumbsup.gif of course, if it was your company you would want out too before it was all made public

You give the impression you KNOW the facts...?
Do you?

(*waves* hello btw - long time no hear/see/speak)

51CTJ
Post #64

QUOTE(scatrd @ Feb 4 2009, 02:15 AM) [snapback]1283524278[/snapback]

i dont think its an easy scene to just " get out " of....

especially when you look at the size of the bust

youbUTEless 33
Post #65

end of the day bret and kath are really lovely people, and should probably be treated with the respect that they have earnt and deserve until some solid facts come out

JuStDaVe
Post #66

sponsors droped with the economy and with out the sponsors brett from what i have heard was going to sell of cars and stuff to pay out any debts. Both Brett and Kath im sure will be cleared have known them for ages and are both genuine ppl if u ask me.

TUF120
Post #67

I would be a lovely guy if I was pulling in that much money too.

youbUTEless 33
Post #68

QUOTE(JuStDaVe @ Feb 4 2009, 09:24 AM) [snapback]1283524781[/snapback]

sponsors droped with the economy and with out the sponsors brett from what i have heard was going to sell of cars and stuff to pay out any debts. Both Brett and Kath im sure will be cleared have known them for ages and are both genuine ppl if u ask me.

X2 and he announced his retirement on skye's 3 birthday the other week (his daughter) and he just about had a full tear rolling down his cheek. if anything i would say it was the people working there, who they have allways had problems with, because bret, kath and james would just not do this IMO.

JuStDaVe
Post #69

u are a lovely guy anyways even if u give ur cock out for cash ;P

rexnfx
Post #70

QUOTE(RX4_guy @ Feb 4 2009, 12:27 AM) [snapback]1283524168[/snapback]

Dont be surprised if more big names dont go down as well in this .......

like 50 cent or guy sebastian?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 7
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x