Defects - What has your car been defected for?  

Page 3 of 4
Jump to page
DanielRodeo
Post #71

minitruck got done a few times

usual shit

bald tyres
too low
no bumpstops
on the bumpstops

Zmit
Post #72

yeah. dan. thats just stupid.

BALSAK
Post #73

QUOTE(Pure-SX @ Jan 29 2009, 03:53 PM) [snapback]1283496261[/snapback]

who didnt think there wasnt a db tester up here lol

Me...

Did you ever have any problems with the Corolla?

Was sitting outside last night looking at the front wheels, looks like the cops might have something to say about that or is it fine the way it is?

olskool
Post #74

QUOTE(incubus @ Jan 29 2009, 02:54 PM) [snapback]1283496278[/snapback]

when it drop from 96 db ??

Depends on the age of the vehicle me thinks..... Rods can go to 96 under Aussie build guidelines tongue.gif thumbsup.gif

Zmit
Post #75

for the record. i saw a paddy wagon pulled up at a nightcliff servo today checking out some old ute. the paint was crap and it looked like it was a little rusty. the guy driving was 50+

so im willing to bet that they are just cracking down on roadworthiness. but most of the cops (that arent interested in cars) figure that its easier to just pick on the flash cars to get their quota up maybe?

mitch_r32
Post #76

QUOTE(Zmit @ Jan 30 2009, 07:30 PM) [snapback]1283502777[/snapback]
for the record. i saw a paddy wagon pulled up at a nightcliff servo today checking out some old ute. the paint was crap and it looked like it was a little rusty. the guy driving was 50+

so im willing to bet that they are just cracking down on roadworthiness. but most of the cops (that arent interested in cars) figure that its easier to just pick on the flash cars to get their quota up maybe?

Chances are high of these types of cars (imports) having something worth defecting wink.gif

BLWN5L
Post #77

just a question on teh subject... would it be legal to remome ALL teh paint from teh rego plate?

spyder6052
Post #78

try it and find out..... pretty sure numberplates have to be visible from 15 or 25 metres (its one of the 2 i think)

BLWN5L
Post #79

deffinatly gona try it... seen it done in pricktoria.. had no paint at all.. just bare metal.

vh-holden
Post #80

QUOTE(BLWN5L @ Jan 30 2009, 10:02 PM) [snapback]1283503662[/snapback]

deffinatly gona try it... seen it done in pricktoria.. had no paint at all.. just bare metal.

That was on that green commodore hey?

and pretty sure you'd get in trouble for it. Not meant to modify them at all. I thought even bending them to fit into a gap in the bumper is a touchy subject.

VLCT WALKY
Post #81

QUOTE(JET_RB25 @ Jan 29 2009, 03:40 PM) [snapback]1283496143[/snapback]

Well went there at 1pm today and got let off straight away passed with pretty colors cept for everyones information they do have a DB / exhaust tester up here and the legal limit is 90db. Mine came in at 92db but they are fine with that as long as its not stupid loud. My complaint with the cops is continuing.

yours was 92 on idle ?

JET_RB25
Post #82

No lars keep reading i am sure i state that its at 3000rpm dude. You gotta hold it at that

Zmit
Post #83

QUOTE(vh-holden @ Jan 31 2009, 10:41 AM) [snapback]1283504846[/snapback]

That was on that green commodore hey?

and pretty sure you'd get in trouble for it. Not meant to modify them at all. I thought even bending them to fit into a gap in the bumper is a touchy subject.

yep..... it sure is....

mitch, thats my point.... thats why the target them.

mitch_r32
Post #84

Yeah I know, we all run a risk by not driving the factory spec VE commonwhore.

About the plates I got told to go to some place where they can make you a smaller one to fit. Whats the point? it can still be seen clear as day, doesn't hide it from speed cameras and the like and is not so badly bent its about to fall off.

Ridiculous...

Zmit
Post #85

one tip i heard is cutting slits into the bumper so you can slide the plate straight through them.... so it mounts normally, but because of the slits... the rest of the plate extends through the bumper, without it looking like the bumper is cut

DanielRodeo
Post #86

i cant find it anywhere
whats the yes/no with lights, are you allowed led parker light that are a whitish colour

mitch_r32
Post #87

Don't see why not, would have to be a certain brightness surely.

BLWN5L
Post #88

QUOTE(DanielRodeo @ Feb 14 2009, 04:42 PM) [snapback]1283578502[/snapback]

i cant find it anywhere
whats the yes/no with lights, are you allowed led parker light that are a whitish colour

didnt joel get in teh shit for having LED's for his parkers?

DanielRodeo
Post #89

QUOTE(mitch_r32 @ Feb 14 2009, 05:32 PM) [snapback]1283578770[/snapback]

Don't see why not, would have to be a certain brightness surely.

they are bright and alot more whiter than normal, but not shining in your face bright, so i dont see how they would be defectable

maybe mister QTRMILE could shed some light..?

yeah riley i dunno what joel got done for, but i think its mainly his driving style tbh

BLWN5L
Post #90

yer thats teh main thing he get's done for lmao.. he was telling me somehting about teh cops LED's and parkers.. wasnt paying much attention tho.. but i remember those 3 thing's being said..

DanielRodeo
Post #91

what are we to do man
theres no clear line between pleasure and pain
if the cops do it once they can do it again
whatever youve done or not done dont try to explain cos they dont listen anyway

Zmit
Post #92

Daniel...... what the hell? tongue.gif

nice work... but still....

DanielRodeo
Post #93

i did it for the lolz

and the bitchezzzzzzzzzz

DanielRodeo
Post #94

mister qtrmile please add a response, i think theres many things people would like to ask what is legal and what isnt, maybe a new thread should be started

future_dictator
Post #95

click that link posted on page 2. thats all the info you need.

Zmit
Post #96

yeah.... Daniel.... laws arent laws unless they are recorded down.

so there you are.

DanielRodeo
Post #97

i have looked and have not for the life of me found anything relating to what im looking for, all i can find is directional aim and shit

i want a cops opinion, or mvr
and a reason if possible

VLCT WALKY
Post #98

QUOTE(DanielRodeo @ Feb 15 2009, 12:43 AM) [snapback]1283580120[/snapback]

mister qtrmile please add a response, i think theres many things people would like to ask what is legal and what isnt, maybe a new thread should be started

and that's not going to stop a officer of the law making his own view on it!

he can defect you on what he believes is wrong, no other reason!

so doesn't matter what mvr says is ok etc, he can defect you on the suspect of it!

joys of life

QTRMILE
Post #99

QUOTE(DanielRodeo @ Feb 14 2009, 11:43 PM) [snapback]1283580120[/snapback]

If haven't seen the car, there's no way i'll be commenting on why that particular vehicle was defected.

If you want to know, contact the officer who placed the defect on the car. Sorry mate, but i'm not opening that can of worms.

Captain_Fantastic
Post #100

my car was defected for

no passenger door mirror (the come out of the factory without one)

exhaust too loud (been through test shed before and it was fine)

car too low at the back (standard size springs in)

seatbelts are faulty (they took a lil longer then normal to go back up - i guess fair enough for this one)

i don't think it matters at all what the law is. you can still get defected for whatever. *shrug* just gotta deal with it and then take it and get it un-defected again. annoying but meh, what can you do?

mitch_r32
Post #101

If the MVR says one thing and the cops say they don't care and then you take it to MVR and they say its alright and the cops had it wrong...

THEN WTF ARE WE DOING?

I'm going insane over this shit.

DanielRodeo
Post #102

QUOTE(mitch_r32 @ Feb 18 2009, 05:50 PM) [snapback]1283602131[/snapback]

If the MVR says one thing and the cops say they don't care and then you take it to MVR and they say its alright and the cops had it wrong...

THEN WTF ARE WE DOING?

I'm going insane over this shit.

Yeah it leaves us motorists with a big wtf?

But then again

Its all revenue raising so theyre not going to change it

BLWN5L
Post #103

sounds like teh 5-0 will be having a fucking wikid Xmas party this year lmao

RBNT
Post #104

QUOTE(BLWN5L @ Feb 18 2009, 06:30 PM) [snapback]1283602222[/snapback]

sounds like teh 5-0 will be having a fucking wikid Xmas party this year lmao

At least when you get defected you will know what its for.

spyder6052
Post #105

if you get defected and go to mvr to get it removed and it is found to be nothing wrong can we forward the cost of the defect removal back to the police?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x