Defects - What has your car been defected for?  

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
zacowacko
Post #36

QUOTE(L1V1NLO @ Jan 27 2009, 06:15 PM) [snapback]1283485181[/snapback]

a mate got defected in his orange hilux, because his rego said it was white

The funny thing was, he bought it like that. He should have checked it and got it changed over right away... Now he is going to get raped when getting it inspected. Yes i know him. thumbsup.gif

On Topic: Got pulled up the other day for an RBT, Cops decided to check out my car, they decided the exhaust was ok (still stock from cat-back). But they were a bit worried about the stretched tyres on the rear. They let me off as i was very polite, and it will have to go over the pits when i put it into nt rego.

I never have trouble with the police. As a few other have said, a lot of the time it is about attitude. Im sure i will get defected one day, but hey its probably going to be for a reason anyways.

Best pic of the rears i got atm.
IPB Image

Zac

PS What is the legality of stretched tyres? Old plates as well.

mitch_r32
Post #37

All tyre stores have a little book that comes from the tyre manufacturer about what size can go on what size rim.

As far as the MVR is concerned it follows whatever book corresponds to the brand of tyre on the car.

Also noticed spacers are not illegal in the NT biggrin.gif

http://www.nt.gov.au/transport/mvr/vehicle...ht-vehicles.pdf

I would recommend that people bookmark this and probably even print it out, its helped me when im worried about certain mods and the MVR smile.gif

beohbe
Post #38

with the spacers it would be a matter of whether the vehicles track had been increased too much.

mitch_r32
Post #39

*goes back to reading standards for track width %*

Edit:

Reason for rejection
a) The vehicle manufacturer's specified wheel track measurement for the vehicle is
exceeded by more than is currently approved as per the National Code of Practice
for Light Vehicle Construction and Modification (Vehicle Standards Bulletin VSB
14) or as specified by the TAC.

Have to find this document now sad.gif

Here it is smile.gif

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/veh...n/vsb_ncop.aspx

beohbe
Post #40

section 4.3.......no figure there, but by the ADR you cannot increase track by more than an inch (probably without other approved modifications). It states that ANY aftermarket wheel that is not of the size on the wheel/tyre placard needs to be TAC approved. This reminds me I have to contact MVR and TAC as I have removed my brembo's and coil-overs....

mitch_r32
Post #41

I'll have to read but in VIC you are allowed 1 inch over factory for rim size, hence a demand for SS commodore placards for non-ss commodore owners wink.gif

Zmit
Post #42

ok... thats pretty crap...

its 1 inch in NSW as well...

are you saying that NT is more strict than down south in regards to wheels?!

OT: i was defected for smashed headlights....
funny that.... my bonnet was bent too.
they gave me a week before it came into effect though.

G3M1N1
Post #43

Before i brought my car up here, from country SA, I got done for:

exhaust too loud
bald tyres
only had one parking light
seat rails not tight enough
those padded things on your seat belt

while he was writing the notice out i got the toolbox out and tightened seat rails, and took pads of belts. Still got defected for them.

so the day after i put a spare parker light on, and went back to the police station( there was no MVR or alike for 300km) and told them that no tyre shop around had my tyre size and that i was trucking it to NT in 2 days. He tested my exhaust and it read fine, he said that the tyres were fine, and that the rest was ok.

Funny thing - officer that did the check was the same one that defected me.

Since moving to NT, never got pulled over.

mitch_r32
Post #44

No, NT is much more lax compared to NSW or VIC.

This: Fitting of wheel spacers (or adaptors for dual wheel conversions) between the wheel mounting face and the road wheel is not allowed unless fitted as original equipment by the vehicle manufacturer.

sad.gif

Zmit
Post #45

ok. ill be a little more specific....
are they more strict than down south on wheel SIZE?

i know they are lax on pretty much everything... thats why it surprises me...

mitch_r32
Post #46

No.

Cops down there have much bigger problems than the thousands of mildly modded cars that don't cause any trouble at all smile.gif

My car has never had so much attention in its life until it got up here, I was even asked how often I got pulled up in Victoria! when I said "never been pulled up until now" I don't think he believed me laugh.gif

random edit: when do you get the option to change your member title?

Zmit
Post #47

QUOTE(Zmit @ Jan 27 2009, 11:28 PM) [snapback]1283487345[/snapback]

ok. ill be a little more specific....
are they more strict than down south on wheel SIZE?

i know they are lax on pretty much everything... thats why it surprises me...

your answer makes it sound like a yes......

unsure.gif

... for more than just wheel size...

mitch_r32
Post #48

No sounds like yes?

I have never been asked about rim size by cops or MVR. But everything else seems to get their attention.

Rattler
Post #49

I've had alot of "modified" cars in my day but can honestly say I've never been defected! Do the right thing, don't hang out in places where d!ckheads do and respect the law and you won't have a problem!

Oh...... I've been driving for 22years this July (jeez that sounds old) thumbsup.gif

Scotty

JET_RB25
Post #50

QUOTE(Rattler @ Jan 28 2009, 07:58 AM) [snapback]1283487887[/snapback]

I've had alot of "modified" cars in my day but can honestly say I've never been defected! Do the right thing, don't hang out in places where d!ckheads do and respect the law and you won't have a problem!

Oh...... I've been driving for 22years this July (jeez that sounds old) thumbsup.gif
Scotty

Scotty you got a hunk of wood i can slap you with. All the shit you said has fuck all to do with anything dude.

I was driving past the Cas cop shop at 12.45pm when i was pulled over and defected i had no attitude etc. Hence why my complaint has gone through. No disrespect at all. dunno.gif

mitch_r32
Post #51

Or maybe that I saw Rattler at the car park next to BP in town, that place is a cop magnet if I ever saw one.

Lost my respect for them when they use their power to cover their own ignorance.

SCHSLYF
Post #52

QUOTE(mitch_r32 @ Jan 27 2009, 11:31 PM) [snapback]1283487360[/snapback]

No.

Cops down there have much bigger problems than the thousands of mildly modded cars that don't cause any trouble at all smile.gif

My car has never had so much attention in its life until it got up here, I was even asked how often I got pulled up in Victoria! when I said "never been pulled up until now" I don't think he believed me laugh.gif

random edit: when do you get the option to change your member title?

200 general topic post.............. and you can change it

sp33d
Post #53

my personal import had a special tyre placard attached BEFORE it was brought in for RAWS smile.gif

275/40/R17
285/30/R18
hehe...

You can get *special* tyre placards for your veehickle off ebay....

NT1200
Post #54

QUOTE(JET_RB25 @ Jan 28 2009, 08:34 AM) [snapback]1283487901[/snapback]

I was driving past the Cas cop shop at 12.45pm when i was pulled over and defected i had no attitude etc. Hence why my complaint has gone through. No disrespect at all. dunno.gif
but wot sorta car were you drivin'.......one that attracts the boys in blue ???? tongue.gif

BLWN5L
Post #55

QUOTE(NT1200 @ Jan 28 2009, 04:47 PM) [snapback]1283490898[/snapback]

but wot sorta car were you drivin'.......one that attracts the boys in blue ???? tongue.gif

fuck i must be colour blind.. looks more of a muddy colour to me mamoru.gif mamoru.gif

Zmit
Post #56

ok.... ill pay that one tongue.gif good call.

BLWN5L
Post #57

just saying it how it is tim

BEAST MASTER
Post #58

He was in the skyline...

The amount of cars at MVR pits today when I dropped of my TAC form was stupid! saw at least 6 cars all with defect stickers in the 5 mins I was there. Then another LAte model ford ute come in as I was leaving with one too.... busy boys!

VLCT WALKY
Post #59

will i'll be there at 8am tomorrow having mine removed!

sp33d
Post #60

remember: 2.55pm Friday arvo. Your best chance of getting passed if you are in doubt.

JET_RB25
Post #61

nope there open later on a friday arnt they.

BLWN5L
Post #62

till 1630 or 1700 i think

JET_RB25
Post #63

thought it was 530 or some shit

mitch_r32
Post #64

no more inspections after 3 iirc.

could be 3.30

spyder6052
Post #65

VLCT WALKY
Post #66

mvr is open later, but not the shed!

i'll let u know as i'm going there in 20 mins to get mine removed!

i'll sms u when it closes today

and remember to go pay your defect before you line up. as they will not look at your car till u have paid to have the defect removed!

sp33d
Post #67

The reason I say 2.55pm FRIDAY arvo....is because even ze shed Nazi's can't vait to go home for ze veekend and get on ze schnapps ya?

JET_RB25
Post #68

Well went there at 1pm today and got let off straight away passed with pretty colors cept for everyones information they do have a DB / exhaust tester up here and the legal limit is 90db. Mine came in at 92db but they are fine with that as long as its not stupid loud. My complaint with the cops is continuing.

Pure-SX
Post #69

who didnt think there wasnt a db tester up here lol

incubus
Post #70

QUOTE(JET_RB25 @ Jan 29 2009, 02:40 PM) [snapback]1283496143[/snapback]

Well went there at 1pm today and got let off straight away passed with pretty colors cept for everyones information they do have a DB / exhaust tester up here and the legal limit is 90db. Mine came in at 92db but they are fine with that as long as its not stupid loud. My complaint with the cops is continuing.

when it drop from 96 db ??

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x