Defects - What has your car been defected for?  

Page 4 of 4
Jump to page
RBNT
Post #106

Surely there would be a claim for money spent on a wrong assessment by a police official.

mitch_r32
Post #107

The MVR has a no refund policy so the cops should really break out the manual when the defect a car so you can read along with them.

Or better yet im printing out the ADR's and MVR inspection criteria and making a fool out of them next time.

BLWN5L
Post #108

QUOTE(RBNT @ Feb 18 2009, 06:23 PM) [snapback]1283602439[/snapback]

At least when you get defected you will know what its for.

and what will that be ken doll?

RBNT
Post #109

Have a think about it.

If you're not that patient, have a look in the mirror.

future_dictator
Post #110

QUOTE(mitch_r32 @ Feb 18 2009, 07:20 PM) [snapback]1283602925[/snapback]

The MVR has a no refund policy so the cops should really break out the manual when the defect a car so you can read along with them.

Or better yet im printing out the ADR's and MVR inspection criteria and making a fool out of them next time.

you stole my idea you bugger tongue.gif

dont forget the traffic act, traffic regulations and Aus road rules.....

and make sure you have PLENTY of ink haha (or use work printers thumbsup.gif)

RalliSki
Post #111

QUOTE(mitch_r32 @ Feb 18 2009, 07:20 PM) [snapback]1283602131[/snapback]

If the MVR says one thing and the cops say they don't care and then you take it to MVR and they say its alright and the cops had it wrong...

THEN WTF ARE WE DOING?

I'm going insane over this shit.

QUOTE(spyder6052 @ Feb 18 2009, 08:39 PM) [snapback]1283602832[/snapback]

if you get defected and go to mvr to get it removed and it is found to be nothing wrong can we forward the cost of the defect removal back to the police?

QUOTE(RBNT @ Feb 18 2009, 08:42 PM) [snapback]1283602850[/snapback]

Surely there would be a claim for money spent on a wrong assessment by a police official.

If you have evidence to PROVE that you are being unfairly 'harrassed' or 'targetted' by the Police in regards to defects, and having to clear them all the time, then by all means draft up a letter of complaint to send to both the Officer in Charge at the station, the Department of transport, and the Ombudsman.

I know sending a letter (ooooohhhh so scary tongue.gif ) sounds like a whimpy thing to do, but if you ever want anything done about it (and yes it will take time) you have to go through these channels, and continue to do so until something gets done. Its all political redtape unfortunately...

Another way to go would be to actually speak to a cluey Lawyer, and bring a Harrassment case against the Police Service. You'll needs plenty of coins and evidence though and will also be a long process.

Best way to go in the meantime, would be (as geeky as it sounds) to make yourself like a scrapbook, that is in chronological order, of all the defect notices you have been given, the certificates given to say they are cleared, and the costs involved to you (receipts).

Keep it in the car, and next time you are pulled over and are about to be defected, then whip out the book, and show the officer what you have gone through already.

This of course will be pointless if you do not have the correct attitude. If you are a wanker to them, they wont care, but if you talk to them politely enough, and can show them that they are being unfair etc...then they MIGHT have a change of heart and let you go?

Also, if you are going to do this, record the conversation, and DO NOT let your emotions get the better of you, even if the Officer lets his/hers.

That way, if/when you take your case to a lawyer/court etc, you will look like the better person in the judges eyes.

Provided of course, that the Police DON'T have any real reason to defect you.

naaaa mean? smile.gif

mitch_r32
Post #112

Its not harassment, its that they don't know what they are defecting on some cars and its getting really old really fast.

DanielRodeo
Post #113

but if you follow the avenues that ralli has pointed out then maybe they can give more training into motor vehicle standards?

JET_RB25
Post #114

QUOTE(spyder6052 @ Feb 18 2009, 07:39 PM) [snapback]1283602832[/snapback]

if you get defected and go to mvr to get it removed and it is found to be nothing wrong can we forward the cost of the defect removal back to the police?

Yes you can

BLWN5L
Post #115

QUOTE(JET_RB25 @ Feb 19 2009, 06:37 PM) [snapback]1283607470[/snapback]

Yes you can

does it actualy work?

RBNT
Post #116

QUOTE(JET_RB25 @ Feb 19 2009, 07:07 PM) [snapback]1283607470[/snapback]

Yes you can

Ahh, there we go.

RalliSki
Post #117

QUOTE(mitch_r32 @ Feb 19 2009, 07:27 PM) [snapback]1283607238[/snapback]

Its not harassment, its that they don't know what they are defecting on some cars and its getting really old really fast.

it verges on harrassment if it is a continued behaviour.

Either way...as DanielRodeo said...

there are avenues that you can take, as I have outlined for you if you wish to follow that path.

Even if you dont think its harrassment...then as you have said, its a case of the Police perhaps not performing their jobs correctly, and clearly the issue needs to be addressed through training. NOTHING will get done if the superiors dont know there is a problem.

They only look at statistical data, to see how many defects have been given out etc...not what they are individually for. This is done to gauge a wrokload performance of the force. And that is purely what they are interested in...

JET_RB25
Post #118

QUOTE(BLWN5L @ Feb 19 2009, 07:28 PM) [snapback]1283607644[/snapback]

does it actualy work?

PRovided you can prove that the defect was not warrented and you keep the reciepts etc. Lodge a complaint and state that it is harrasment as there always targeting you etc. Then state that MVR has no problems with the car and its all ok. THan also state that if you get done again for no reason you will take it further whilst your vehicle is in its current state. As for you Riley suck it up mate cos ya car is shit anyways LMAO tongue.gif

sp33d
Post #119

Have a think about it.

If you're not that patient, have a look in the mirror.

facesjump.gif phunny, but cruel....but phunny.

mitch_r32
Post #120

I don't think they will give 2 shits about your scrapbook Ski, I tried telling them that my car was legal and had everything I needed to prove it and they didn't even give me the chance to finish my sentence. I had zero attitude or a raised voice either.

Its a nice idea but it comes down to one thing: "IN MY OPINION" and thats all they will ever need. sad.gif

RalliSki
Post #121

QUOTE(mitch_r32 @ Feb 20 2009, 10:19 PM) [snapback]1283613816[/snapback]

I don't think they will give 2 shits about your scrapbook Ski, I tried telling them that my car was legal and had everything I needed to prove it and they didn't even give me the chance to finish my sentence. I had zero attitude or a raised voice either.

Its a nice idea but it comes down to one thing: "IN MY OPINION" and thats all they will ever need. sad.gif

Like I said about the scrapbook...MAYBE they will change their tune. At least its attempting something rather than just copping it?

their opinion will change when you challenge what they hand out to you.

If you dont want to do it on the night...do it after the fact, through the right channels.

I'm only trying to suggest things you can do... dunno.gif

zacowacko
Post #122

I can finally add my own defect as of tonight. Got done for tyres being scrubbed out bad on the sides due to being wide and having soft shockies... tongue.gif

Plugg3r
Post #123

Im going to add suggestion her Mitch and others.

Do what Interstate Transport drivers do, they have a log book.
It does sound ghey but works!

You take there badge no., rank, name and write down what they have said trust me worked alot of times for my old man in truck.
Coppers pulling him over just to "check over load" as soon as you ask for badge number they seemed to calm down and stop wanting to check over everything.

Worth a try..

DanielRodeo
Post #124

can you get defected for not having a tyre placard?

RBNT
Post #125

yes.

SCHSLYF
Post #126

QUOTE(mitch_r32 @ Feb 18 2009, 07:20 PM) [snapback]1283602925[/snapback]

becareful when doing that, can imply your being a smart ass, you might get:

gee your eyes look blood shot, i think i can smell cannibus, please step out of your car..........................

then you get to watch as they pull your car apart looking fro drugs. they only need to suspect you of having drugs to conduct a search of your car.

rx2re
Post #127

I was pulled over the other Friday night, had 6 coppers a TV crew and after half and hour the had to let me go as the could not get me for anything.

Oh the joys of having your car fully engineered.

BEAST MASTER
Post #128

QUOTE(rx2re @ Mar 2 2009, 12:09 PM) [snapback]1283663732[/snapback]

I was pulled over the other Friday night, had 6 coppers a TV crew and after half and hour the had to let me go as the could not get me for anything.

Oh the joys of having your car fully engineered.

Famous? What channel? Or is it a doco? Evolution of the rotary... biggrin.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 4 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x