Driftr's Toyota - 98' Supra RZ Targa  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
DICKIES
Post #36

QUOTE(DRIFTR @ Dec 9 2008, 09:13 AM) [snapback]1283267703[/snapback]

Nah that was my original supra when I was on my P's back in the day......was a dark dark green/blue colour called Baltic Blue and it was a hard top. This one is factory Royal Saffire Pearl another uncommon factory colour.

ah yea haha didnt think about the hard top, both great cars dude nice work with them thumbsup.gif

bigboostn72
Post #37

very nice bro cleanest ive seen!

DRIFTR
Post #38

Once again thanks for the compliments everyone

QUOTE(Jason91 @ Dec 9 2008, 10:23 AM) [snapback]1283267948[/snapback]

i'd keep it and just save for project car imo you've spent to much hardwork and labour to see that drive away without you in it but choice is yours

Do you own a supra unsure.gif cause the whole club (QLD Supra Club) has been telling me not to sell hahaha, I'm putting a firm price on it and if I don't get it I will be keeping it....doesn't phase me either way smile.gif

QUOTE(mr hemi @ Dec 9 2008, 11:09 AM) [snapback]1283268169[/snapback]

nice work on the car, im guessing you changed it from auto to manual during the rebuild. looks awesome just as it is, no ugly kit to destroy it and engine bay looks tops. love it!

Yeah complete swap thumbsup.gif see My Supra Here. Had a lot of plans for it, but as you read on... things changed.....lol

ZUU222
Post #39

drool.gif

paps02
Post #40

nicest supra ever

bunit99
Post #41

looks hot
love the plates

BWAAAT
Post #42

Perfect

Nuf said

A lot of people could learn something from this! supra' owners anyway tongue.gif

Gfunkk
Post #43

nope

if you actually want to beat v8's (or be fast in general) you need mods, just do tasteful ones and do them neat, my mate has the usual 500hp single turbo setup and everything looks clean as like it came from the factory

plates are driftr yet its not a drift car, i dunno if you noticed this or not?

on a good note it does look awesome, one of the best ive seen

DRIFTR
Post #44

QUOTE(Gfunkk @ Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM) [snapback]1283269092[/snapback]

nope
if you actually want to beat v8's (or be fast in general) you need mods, just do tasteful ones and do them neat, my mate has the usual 500hp single turbo setup and everything looks clean as like it came from the factory
plates are driftr yet its not a drift car, i dunno if you noticed this or not?

bowrofl.gif where did I say I wanted to beat a V8 or be uber fast.....lol.....I could do substantial mods to get this car to 600rwhp and you would be hard pressed to notice any change under the bonnet.......plates arn't DRIFTR anymore and since when does a car have to look like a fully sik...damaged shit box.....hachi or nissan silvia etc to be a car you can drift?????? I have plenty of people that can back me up on this from the recent track day I was at.....so grow up know it all rolleyes.gif

Gfunkk
Post #45

QUOTE(DRIFTR @ Dec 9 2008, 01:51 PM) [snapback]1283269132[/snapback]

bowrofl.gif where did I say I wanted to beat a V8 or be uber fast.....lol.....I could do substantial mods to get this car to 600rwhp and you would be hard pressed to notice any change under the bonnet.......plates arn't DRIFTR anymore and since when does a car have to look like a fully sik...damaged shit box.....hachi or nissan silvia etc to be a car you can drift?????? I have plenty of people that can back me up on this from the recent track day I was at.....so grow up know it all rolleyes.gif

Haha its your role as a supra owner to go out and defeat v8's thumbsup.gif
Maybe its just me but I'd rather not waste money on a track day to do it in a stock car that although is not slow, it doesn’t have the power needed to give you adrenaline
Im glad you changed the plates and im glad you didn’t go bang it up trying to drift it.

clutch-monkey
Post #46

QUOTE(Gfunkk @ Dec 9 2008, 02:04 PM) [snapback]1283269176[/snapback]

Maybe its just me but I'd rather not waste money on a track day to do it in a stock car that although is not slow, it doesn’t have the power needed to give you adrenaline

what? 206kw is plenty..if you use them right. making the most of all your hp > trying to put your excessive HP down

MFC05
Post #47

QUOTE(bandit_corolla @ Dec 9 2008, 07:47 AM) [snapback]1283267512[/snapback]

Best Supra on Boost!

Yes i agree drool.gif

DRIFTR
Post #48

QUOTE(Gfunkk @ Dec 9 2008, 02:04 PM) [snapback]1283269176[/snapback]

Haha its your role as a supra owner to go out and defeat v8's thumbsup.gif
Im glad you changed the plates and im glad you didn’t go bang it up trying to drift it.

lol its all good mate I know what your on about, thats why I want to build a track Supra....this one is too nice in stock form....

"What is power without control?" - Keiichi Tsuchiya

I'm not no poser either, I was fastest at the track day we (QLD Supra Club) had just recently, lapping 10secs a lap quicker than the closest car, below are a few comments from members that I took for a ride
QLD Supra Club - Thread on track day......

...Stu...was just fault less in his laps & quickest on lap limes & chased down a couple of porches with a rx5 holding him up till the straight away

i didnt drive but still had a blast watching and a good few laps as co-driver with stu, ecellent driving man, really good.

After going in stu's *circuits* car he showed me what lines there were i really never had any instructor in my car

The highlight of my day without a doubt was riding with Stu Man am I glad i didnt wuss out!... awesome stuff Stu..great for the adrenalin; just a coupla "f*ck! f*ck!" came out on the last 2 laps as he picked up the pace, had to get that Porsche, and wouldve on the next lap but time was up, damn it!

while stu was lapping me twice per session doing 1.20's

Stu: well driven - i hear you have worn your advans fresh out! and good to see someone keeping up with the porsches!!! I want a TURBO!!! hahaha. It seems i missed out on a run with you tongue.gif

that was gold.. full lock all the way.. man i am jealous of your control

what dave said you have AWESOME control over the car

You don't need power to be able to drive thumbsup.gif

alskar
Post #49

thats what supras shud look like
good job
may i ask is that auto?tongue.gif

stizzle
Post #50

thats so nice. ive always loved this supra!

S13_RB26
Post #51

Fuckin sexy! love the colour

someblackguy
Post #52

ahhh, ive seen this getting around a few times. very clean supra brother

the wing really works too

QUOTE(clutch-monkey @ Dec 9 2008, 02:20 PM) [snapback]1283269236[/snapback]

what? 206kw is plenty..if you use them right. making the most of all your hp > trying to put your excessive HP down

IPB Image

rich85
Post #53

that is hot. i want it!!

ThunderBolt
Post #54

Very nice Supra.

Love the "Circuit" plates.

Sick SR
Post #55

Very Nice supra very clean good job

$koundral
Post #56

clean ride love it respect

5000BE
Post #57

very nice mate, looks mint

20sic
Post #58

thats mint!!!!

EFO
Post #59

You've chosen the right wheels.

Very nice

markharro
Post #60

that supra looks great!
nice work
would u be able to pm me about were u got parts for jza80s?

LUXPSI
Post #61

very clean mate.

Yoink!
Post #62

Had a play with you in my mates RB20 sil ages ago it was funny 2nd - 3rd thought we absolutely had you which amazed me, then after 5000rpm you wooshed on past thats when I thought *no suprise there*

This thing at the time didn't even sound boosted I thought it was a GE. Example of a perfectly built car without all the wanker bits.

PS. For a stock car this thing squats like hell when it comes on boost

DRIFTR
Post #63

QUOTE(Yoink! @ Dec 19 2008, 09:43 PM) [snapback]1283316197[/snapback]

Had a play with you in my mates RB20 sil ages ago it was funny 2nd - 3rd thought we absolutely had you which amazed me, then after 5000rpm you wooshed on past thats when I thought *no suprise there*

This thing at the time didn't even sound boosted I thought it was a GE. Example of a perfectly built car without all the wanker bits.
PS. For a stock car this thing squats like hell when it comes on boost

lol I took off casualy, cause I could hear the RB but didn't know if it had a 20,25 or 26 shoved in it.....got to 3rd casualy then decieded I could pass you tongue.gif dropped it back to 2nd and went on by tongue.gif I had a good laugh thumbsup.gif

Yeah the MKIV supra's squat a fair bit with stock suspension cool.gif

TougeS15
Post #64

nice.............swap?

DRIFTR
Post #65

QUOTE(TougeS15 @ Dec 30 2008, 12:06 AM) [snapback]1283353780[/snapback]

nice.............swap?

Sorry bud, just took a deposit for it 2 days ago and will be in the new owners hands by next weekend, bring on the Supra Track car biggrin.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x