Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
...91LTI...
  • ...91LTI...
  • Budding User
  • Member No.: 3,429
Post #1 post 5th November 2008 - 06:48 PM
Found this earlier...

Serves as a good warning you these knob jockey's who think their phat wikid ride is faster than some other knob jockey's hektik mobile...

Street Racing is Dangerous... straight logic tells you that.... some people leave their Logic at home when they head out maybe?

Street racers jailed over deadly crash

Article from: AAP

By Katelyn John

November 05, 2008 06:25pm

THE grief-stricken family of an elderly couple killed in a horrific Sydney car crash hopes the jail terms handed to two illegal street racers will help protect others from such devastation.
Robert James Borkowski, 38, and Adam McDonald, 29, were today jailed for the manslaughter of Alan and Judith Howle.

The Howles, both aged in their 70s, were killed in July 2007 when Borkowski's Holden Commodore slammed into their Toyota Camry at the intersection of the Great Western Highway and Charles Hackett Drive in the western Sydney suburb of St Marys.

Police alleged Borkowski and McDonald were involved in a street race at speeds of up to 130km/h on a 60km/h stretch of the highway.

McDonald's car, also a Commodore, did not hit the Howles' vehicle but ploughed into Borkowski's vehicle after the initial collision.

In the NSW District Court at Penrith today, Judge William Knight sentenced Borkowski to a non-parole period of six years with a maximum term of nine.

McDonald received a five-year minimum sentence with an eight-year maximum.

In handing down his sentence, the judge said he hoped it would send a clear message to other potential street racers.

"These were two men behaving in a totally irresponsible manner with no regard for the rights and privileges of road users," the judge said.

"The community is fed up to the back teeth with men misbehaving themselves driving motor vehicles and putting others at risks - in this case the risk materialised."

In a statement from the family after the sentence was handed down, one of the victims' sons, Phillip Howle, said that while there were no winners, they were glad both men were off the streets.

"Hopefully, these sentences will bring about the protection of innocent lives so no one else will have to go through the same pain - both for our families and their families," he said.

In her victim impact statement, the Howles' daughter Cathryn Przybyla described her parents as "the foundation of our houses, our hearts, our lives".

"They died alone, Dad on the road, Mum trapped in the car - any sentiments to what they deserved in life? No." she told the court.

"A major part of all of us died that night ... that cold, cold night changed us all ... all these hearts shattered forever."

Dozens of family and friends wept openly in court as she read the statement.

When they died, the Howles had seven children, 15 grandchildren and one great grandchild on the way.

Since their deaths, the family has struggled with relationship and financial problems and most members needed medication or alcohol to get to sleep, Ms Przybyla said.

"Having to identify them in the morgue, their faces etched in your brain like the reminder of a bad dream you can't wake up from," she said.

"We live now without our parents and without their unconditional love ... the warm arms of Mum or the cheeky smile of Dad."

A statement from Borkowski was read to the court by his lawyer, Philip Young.

In it, he expressed his deep regret and his desire to speak to others about dangers of drag racing.

"There's not a night that goes by that I don't relive the horror of what I did," the statement said.

This post has been edited by ...91LTI...: Nov 5 2008, 06:50 PM
DAL32
Post #2

Proof that not only young people kill others street racing.

Timmyp34
Post #3

oh those young hoons lets bad cars from our road.

ohwait they're not young. lets band old @#$!s from driving turbos to

TUF120
Post #4

Ban fast cars period

Street Tuned
Post #5

well there you go

youbUTEy
Post #6

6 yrs..... frak

MFC05
Post #7

Stuipd bogans deserve every bit of it angry.gif

jabes
Post #8

I think that new laws need to come in Australia wide to stop these stupid acts. All Road & Traffic bureau's across Australia should get together and put a blanket ban on all 29 to 38 year olds driving Commodores.

It is obviously this will stop incidents like this happening in the future, isnt that right, Dawn?

I wonder what the knee jerk reaction to this will be.

17SJS
Post #9

A couple details there I didn't know. Not surprised to learn though that they were commodores, and that both drivers were NOT p platers.

dec540
Post #10

Fuckin p-pla.... oh never mind. Just goes to show how ridiculous it is that us p-platers get the blame for all this street racing bullshit when its not just us. Its a shame that people have to lose their lives to these idiots though

A bit off topic but my job puts me on the road a fair bit and i see everything from older drivers to learners and guess who the people are consistently cruising at 90 in a 70 zone?? The 17yr old p-platers? no they are sticking to 70... its always (well 90% of the time) people aged 40+ in their luxury cars.

Manic 180
Post #11

i still think the p p[later rules are a good idea.

Mundi
Post #12

QUOTE(Manic 180 @ Nov 5 2008, 11:45 PM) [snapback]1283109922[/snapback]

They don't apply to me but I still think they are poorly thought out if not downright stupid.

1up
Post #13

im not sure about the stupid bit but poorly thought out i def agree with.

OT: its a pity ppl have to suffer for the dumb ass actions of others.

B Unit
Post #14

QUOTE(Manic 180 @ Nov 6 2008, 12:15 AM) [snapback]1283109922[/snapback]

I agree with Manic, but it's not enough. You can't change young drivers attitudes, they will just be out in lower powered cars trying to rip fully sic skids. I still firmly believe in better driver education and more importantly, better driver training.

spanku690
Post #15

FTP

jashneilk
Post #16

QUOTE(TUF120 @ Nov 5 2008, 09:08 PM) [snapback]1283108989[/snapback]

Ban fast cars period

since when are boganadores fast?? dunno.gif

QUOTE(spanku690 @ Nov 6 2008, 04:30 AM) [snapback]1283110070[/snapback]

FTP

is that ur answer for everything laugh.gif

nferno
Post #17

Bit harsh imo

Rookie ROX
Post #18

QUOTE(nferno @ Nov 6 2008, 07:32 AM) [snapback]1283110212[/snapback]

Bit harsh imo

Go out and hit and kill two elderly people with a blunt object and see how YOUR prison sentence turns out.

Talk in 20 years.

ROCK ON
R~R

woteva
Post #19

QUOTE(nferno @ Nov 6 2008, 07:32 AM) [snapback]1283110212[/snapback]

Bit harsh imo

Not harsh enough imo. Impounding cars doesn't work, disqualifying drivers doesn't work so maybe throwing them in jail will. 5 years as bubba's bitch might. If you cause death through negligent use of a motor vehicle you should be charged with manslaughter as far as I'm concerned. That's what you'd cop in the UK.

KamikazeMax
Post #20

QUOTE(nferno @ Nov 6 2008, 07:02 AM) [snapback]1283110212[/snapback]

Bit harsh imo

You're a proper wanker mate. What do you think is an appropriate sentence for killing 2 people by being a retard on a public road? I'd have given them both equal sentences of 15 years with a non parole period of 12.. Even that isn't harsh enough. They killed 2 people.. Not mates of theirs that were stupid enough to get in the car with them and happened to die when the wankers crashed, but 2 people who had no idea what was about to happen. 2 people who were living their normal, happy lives. Put yourself in their kids shoes. Lets say you find out your mum and dad die tomorrow because of some fags drag racing? Tell me you would be happy with a 6 year sentence for the people responsible. If you claim you would be happy with that, then either you have no family values whatsoever.. Either way, you are a complete tool for thinking that the punishment is harsh.

BWAAAT
Post #21

QUOTE(TUF120 @ Nov 5 2008, 09:08 PM) [snapback]1283108989[/snapback]

Ban fast cars period

IF you read it, it said they were in holdens..... nuf said

BoozeBooga
Post #22

I fully agree with KamikazeMax, there needs to be harsher punishment for the stupidity happening on our roads. If you are caught street racing cars should be crushed no questions asked, i believe its the only way to get the point across, and if you tragically kill someone as the idiots have done here well again i agree with KamikazeMax 15years jail, it may sound harsh to some but in the end the bullshit has to stop. A bit of topic here but anyways, i drive through a school zone everyday on my way to work and i always see mothers in there 4wd's speeding through that zone when im sitting on the 40km limit. This tragic accident is further proof that its not just young people doing stupid things on our roads. To the australian government stand up and take note.

PyrotiX
Post #23

I've actually got photos of that accident.. was very nasty sad.gif

MaDDoG
Post #24

so very sad sad.gif how one lapse of common sense and the "mine is bigger than yours" kicks in and this happens sad.gif what they were driving has nothing to do with it, its the people behind the wheel, who knows, maybe they had an import sitting at home too.

The whole thing of what car they drive and then bagging them or blaming them is seriously getting very old. I see just as many morons driving imports as any other car. Just as many P platers as non P platers, Just as many 30-40 year old guys as 17 and 18 year olds, males and females alike.

Bottom line is that stupid people make stupid decisions and this is the outcome of one of those stupid decisions

dvscoupe
Post #25

QUOTE(KamikazeMax @ Nov 6 2008, 09:01 AM) [snapback]1283110440[/snapback]

You're a proper wanker mate. What do you think is an appropriate sentence for killing 2 people by being a retard on a public road? I'd have given them both equal sentences of 15 years with a non parole period of 12.. Even that isn't harsh enough. They killed 2 people.. Not mates of theirs that were stupid enough to get in the car with them and happened to die when the wankers crashed, but 2 people who had no idea what was about to happen. 2 people who were living their normal, happy lives. Put yourself in their kids shoes. Lets say you find out your mum and dad die tomorrow because of some fags drag racing? Tell me you would be happy with a 6 year sentence for the people responsible. If you claim you would be happy with that, then either you have no family values whatsoever.. Either way, you are a complete tool for thinking that the punishment is harsh.

QUOTE(BoozeBooga @ Nov 6 2008, 09:21 AM) [snapback]1283110502[/snapback]

I fully agree with KamikazeMax, there needs to be harsher punishment for the stupidity happening on our roads. If you are caught street racing cars should be crushed no questions asked, i believe its the only way to get the point across, and if you tragically kill someone as the idiots have done here well again i agree with KamikazeMax 15years jail, it may sound harsh to some but in the end the bullshit has to stop. A bit of topic here but anyways, i drive through a school zone everyday on my way to work and i always see mothers in there 4wd's speeding through that zone when im sitting on the 40km limit. This tragic accident is further proof that its not just young people doing stupid things on our roads. To the australian government stand up and take note.

I completely agree with both of these comments and I really don't think I need to add anymore.

clutch-monkey
Post #26

ban bogans?

Charger 360
Post #27

QUOTE(DAL32 @ Nov 5 2008, 07:52 PM) [snapback]1283107784[/snapback]

Proof that not only young people kill others street racing.

What a f***ing stupid comment. Two people have died because of the idiot actions of a couple of morons whose egos took over from common sense and all you can do is try to score points about age.

Wake up to yourself - this is not about age, type of car or where you live, it is simply about the need to take this sort of behaviour off the streets and learning to live in a society that has other people in it.

Its pretty simple - racing is addictive but take it to a venue that is designed for it and if in that way if something does go wrong the only person that gets hurt is yourself - not someone else and their family.

nash
Post #28

Hah and Ashley Brendan Cole who shot his neighbour in the head gets 8 years with chance of early parole. Lock them up for the manslaughter, don't see how this ties to hoons at all. A lot of vehicular manslaughter occurs for non-racing reasons and they don't get this kind of media coverage.

fast-turbo
Post #29

QUOTE(Charger 360 @ Nov 6 2008, 10:47 AM) [snapback]1283110987[/snapback]

What a f***ing stupid comment. Two people have died because of the idiot actions of a couple of morons whose egos took over from common sense and all you can do is try to score points about age.

Wake up to yourself - this is not about age, type of car or where you live, it is simply about the need to take this sort of behaviour off the streets and learning to live in a society that has other people in it.

Its pretty simple - racing is addictive but take it to a venue that is designed for it and if in that way if something does go wrong the only person that gets hurt is yourself - not someone else and their family.

-->DAL32<--tha was a stuped comment, stop bein a wanker an wake up...road is not made for street racing..
go to a racing place and do that shit.why cart any one think for others.fukin p plates learn how to drive..
don't bring you shit over here....

luxo-barge
Post #30

The question is, will street racing ever cease even with tough sentences and hoon laws?

no.

So lets stop demanding more of what we are valiantly failing in. Its time for a new solution...

BoozeBooga
Post #31

Nash there are aspects of your comment which are true, and it is a fine line in which determining how a speeding car loosing control causing death is different to a car speeding while racing causing death could be prosecuted differently in court. Although you would have to agree that in this case and numerous other cases which have tragically occured over many years, racing on public roads should be looked at and receive harsher penalties, these guys knew exactly what they where doing and they have killed two innocent people, a car is a weapon if used in a dangerous maner, if people arnt delt harsh penalties and left to walk whats stopping people doing it again and killing more innocent people. Im glad they got 5 and 6 years jail, they should have got more in my opinion. I dont want to be the one driving up the highway only to be killed by some tosser who thinks his a race car driver. Fast & The Furious has a lot to blame for this type of behaviour aswell. So in conclusion a can see how this ties to "HOONS", they and others have killed someone from there actions by using there car as a weapon causing death, you cant just say it was an accident because they where using the road as a race track, knew what they where doing and now two innocent people going out for icecream are dead, they deserve all the ass rapings there gonna get. The end.

KamikazeMax
Post #32

QUOTE(luxo-barge @ Nov 6 2008, 10:51 AM) [snapback]1283111152[/snapback]

The question is, will street racing ever cease even with tough sentences and hoon laws?

no.

So lets stop demanding more of what we are valiantly failing in. Its time for a new solution...

Hoons will be hoons, nothing can be done about that I don't think. However most the time there is a drag race no one knows or hears about it because it goes fine. However when it goes horribly wrong, there is nothing wrong with demanding harsher punishments for those responsible. Even if it won't sent a message to others to stop being dickheads on our public roads, it will still fuck those up who get caught or kill someone..

nash
Post #33

fast and furious get real. i've seen tradies double double the speed limit since before that comedy ever came out. vehicular manslaughter is vehicular manslaughter. don't tell me those guys went out with a plan to kill that old couple. being ignorant of the danger of an acitivity is no excuse. So you either be lenient of every fatality based ACCIDENT or u throw the book at them all, because there is always some element of driver error, such as switching the radio channel, talking on the phone, changing lanes without indicating, all that can lead to accidents with potential death. just because dopey @#$! on the mobile doesnt know how dangerous it is texting someone while driving doesnt mean he is any better then these dudes.

cyo00
Post #34

QUOTE(nash @ Nov 6 2008, 10:52 AM) [snapback]1283111011[/snapback]

A lot of vehicular manslaughter occurs for non-racing reasons and they don't get this kind of media coverage.

Because they were accidents....

nash
Post #35

yes and this wasn't? you reckon those blokes wanted to hit them? they would have got a lot more than 6 years if that was the case. so a negligent driver talking on the phone who tbones someone and kills them, thats an accident, but speeding and hits someone, thats intentional?

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x