Darwin Gangs - What is this place becoming...  

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
Hypermania
Post #36

I've had a forked life in the way of family issues harrasement ect ect.
Dont see me bashing people and stealing shit.

I have "respect" for others, they dont know the word

That's a fair call and you are justified in being angry.

I also have grown up in fear of these "gangs" and suffered a reduced quality of life due to having to moderate my behaviour and actions to avoid getting the living crap kicked out of me.

Due to my workplace I am still negatively affected by them on a daily basis.

I think the major difference is between our less-than-perfect family environments and theirs is that we had discipline and our poor behaviour resulted in consequences and punishment.

On the other hand our achievements were recognised and we learned that effort equals reward either by our own individual experience or perhaps observing family members working toward achieving goals. Positive role models depite being bastards!!

The parents of gang kids simply do not care and spend their day's whingeing about how hard-done by they are by Anglo society which results in the kids feeling little guilt about damaging people and property that belong to the society that they perceive is responsible for their parents "suffering" and lack of success.

So...... whether intentional or not, the parents are actually encouraging negative actions against the rest of us by continually expressing the view that it is all "our" fault.

Adding to this is a cultural apsect whereby aboriginal children traditionally belong to the whole community and are thus educated by a string of "aunts" and "uncles" without the birth parents taking full responsibilty for raising the child.

I've long thought the simple and effective answer would be to charge the parents with the crimes of their children after that child had proved (after a second or third offense) to be a criminal, thus forcing the parents to extend greater control over their children.

50CALBR
Post #37

I also have to agree with Plugg3r, They contribute NOTHING to society yet what does the gov do for them "Oh here's a house and a car and money, Don't go blow it all on alcohol now y'all". How about benefiting the people that contribute rather than take more shit.

Hypermania
Post #38

"Oh here's a house and a car and money, Don't go blow it all on alcohol now y'all"

I hate that too..... however their are many excellent young people of aboriginal descent providing a positive role-model due to programs which have allowed them to achieve and succeed.

It's a lot like "My older brother has a nice car and keeps a good job......perhaps I can do that too".

I understand that it takes a bit to get your head around this but a little wisdom goes a long way.

BTW.... This is not a Darwin phenomena. There are similiar situations with kids in London and Paris that have resulted in riots. Most of these kids are either foreign to their adopted countries or are 2nd generation.

50CALBR
Post #39

QUOTE(Hypermania @ Oct 30 2008, 11:02 AM) [snapback]1283074322[/snapback]

I hate that too..... however their are many excellent young people of aboriginal descent providing a positive role-model due to programs which have allowed them to achieve and succeed.

It's a lot like "My older brother has a nice car and keeps a good job......perhaps I can do that too".

I understand that it takes a bit to get your head around this but a little wisdom goes a long way.

Fair enough, But what percentage are the "Positive role models". I'm not trying to start a war here, I have many Aboriginal friends who are successful but I am looking at the broader picture.

Hypermania
Post #40

Fair enough, But what percentage are the "Positive role models". I'm not trying to start a war here, I have many Aboriginal friends who are successful but I am looking at the broader picture.

Very few..... but a damn sight more than there were 20 years ago. That's gotta be a good thing for the future right?

War is silly ....... this is a healthy and proper discussion on a sensitive subject...all good as far as I'm concerned.

50CALBR
Post #41

We hope so but Even though the percentage of Positive Role models have increased, So have the "G-Units".

drift_ke70
Post #42

QUOTE(Hypermania @ Oct 30 2008, 12:18 AM) [snapback]1283072996[/snapback]

I talk to some of these "children" every day, I live near them and have had conflicts in the past so I suggest my view on them is perhaps a little more insightful than most......?

The reason the kids group together is basically for support and comfort and a feeling of belonging. There are very few secrets amongst them and their relationships tend to be more intimate than in mainstream "friendships". They know who's mum's an alcoholic and they know who is being abused by their uncle so their relationships are in many ways more mature than they should be for children of that age.

As you can imagine, the shared hardships and candidness of their realtionships create very strong bonds and loyalties almost akin to (and often replacing) the support base usually provided by their families.

More often than not the immediate family is in dissaray and individual family members are unsuitable behavioural role-models due to alcoholism, drug abuse or mental illness. Certainly not people the children can look up to and hope to emulate with any degree of pride.

Replacing the traditional role-models are Tupac etc who conveniently match the skin tone and express views and experiences that the children themselves have been exposed to through slum-poverty and racism. Makes sense in a way doesn't it?

I'll not defend their actions but I feel it's important to have a proper knowledge of the subject when expressing a view rather than making gross and inconsidered generalisations.

For the record...... I feel sorry for the kids too and only hope our society can one day provide a more nurturing environment to stimulate the proper development of ALL our young.

I disagree with you here Steve. As seen in the past mine and your views are very far apart on many things. This being one of them. I have had one hell of a childhood, Honestly i could prob stand up and swear that it is prob alot harder then most on this site. But i have learnt from that and look back at several family mambers that were abused and ended up killing them selves or dieing. Being bashed drugs etc. Now every time i look at them i think fuck me. Why not help yourselves. I got myself out of home before i was 15 had a apprenticship completed schooling off my own back and got a very good job. Earning everything i have.

To say that these kids are like this because of there family is to say the least crap. I am not like them. It is all on how strong you are and how you dont want to be a little know nothing loser like most of them. It is their choices that has done this and theirs alone.

SHort hearted view from my side.

supraddict
Post #43

I've got a shirt dedicated to these fuckers:

Glock, when you positively have to shoot some
@#$! in the face.. 'accept no subsitute'

Hypermania
Post #44

I believe you knocked a guy out because he looked at your girlfriend right?

Maturity is why we don't see eye to eye.

drift_ke70
Post #45

QUOTE(Hypermania @ Oct 30 2008, 12:02 PM) [snapback]1283074459[/snapback]

Actually you could not be more wrong on that one. Steve. I guess that is another reason hey. Some judge without knowing the truth. actually it was more i hit him because one he was asked to stop. Told she was my fiance physically touched her and then peristed to make crude demeaning gestures towards her then pushed me so if by hitting him because he went way to far and made the first physical contact in an agressive manner then yeah i did that. But if you mean i hit him out of jealousy because he looked at her then no your wrong.

But you have gone and made it personal when all i said was i have had a tough life and have not ended up like them stealing and hitting people for no reason. Well done. WHat were you saying about maturity.

Or you could be refering to the one at the beach front where the guy grabbed her and introduced her as his slut then when i asked him to apologise to her he hit me and i fought back. Then no again not cos she was looked at. Or it could be the one where the gy walked in on her in the toilet at time then she told him to get out and he would not then when i told him to fuck off he swung at me. Then yeah i knocked him out but again no not because he looked at her. Good looking women get looked at simple as that.

But i guess you would ahve walked away hey because that is how mature you are?

HSV_MALOO
Post #46

WOOOAAAAHHHHH

SETTLE DOWN

Dis about so called gangs not personal shit.

Report the bebo pages so they get shut down.

MissMicra
Post #47

[quote name='Hypermania' date='Oct 30 2008, 12:02 PM' post='1283074459']

[/quote]

Steve, if I were you I would be very careful as to what you claim to know, because once again you dont know shit about fuck all. You came on this forum stating that there is a lack of meaningful conversations, yet when there is one, you change it to a personal attack?

Yes, Bj did knock a guy out, he has never denied this - but what the hell does this have to do with the subject of gangs? Was he in a gang when I happened? No. Did he search the streets like the rest of these little hood rats searching for trouble becuase he is soooo disadvantaged and misunderstood? No - Bj simply defended himself and me. But hey I guess you'd let your fiance get assaulted in front of you cause of your amazing maturity...

You yourself said you have: [/quote]I also have grown up in fear of these "gangs" and suffered a reduced quality of life due to having to moderate my behaviour and actions to avoid getting the living crap kicked out of me[quote] yet you still feel sorry for them?? Just because you see it on a daily basis, it does not mean you have more of an insight into the situation, more so that you are just more tolerant.

A hard life should not be an excuse, it should be a reason to make a change.

People's lives are what they make it. End of fucking story.

Plugg3r
Post #48

LoL, I walk away from my desk for an hour and this happens, lol.
Ok personal attacks dont need to be seen, the bottom line these "gang" members have to stop.

Last time normal people tried we got discouraged and had our means of doing so stopped.
But what ever smile.gif

SCHSLYF
Post #49

QUOTE(Hypermania @ Oct 30 2008, 11:02 AM) [snapback]1283074322[/snapback]

BTW.... This is not a Darwin phenomena. There are similiar situations with kids in London and Paris that have resulted in riots. Most of these kids are either foreign to their adopted countries or are 2nd generation.

im sure if these people took advatage of what they have/have access to in a positive way them people wouldnt have a problem.

i know a few of these "gang people" its funny how some of them actually grow up one day and sometimes do themselves some good.

one thing in the original post that made me laugh was the P. O. L.

what the fuck is that the Palmerston orginal LOOSERS?

i thought Pamerstons gang was the P D P or Palmerston dog pound. maybe they all grew up and didnt pass on there name bowrofl.gif

o hand i dont know why you are talking about aboriginals, while alot of these members are indeed part aboriginal there are a fair few white people in these groups.

Plugg3r
Post #50

QUOTE(SCHSLYF @ Oct 30 2008, 04:16 PM) [snapback]1283076141[/snapback]

im sure if these people took advatage of what they have/have access to in a positive way them people wouldnt have a problem.
i know a few of these "gang people" its funny how some of them actually grow up one day and sometimes do themselves some good.

one thing in the original post that made me laugh was the P. O. L.

what the fuck is that the Palmerston orginal LOOSERS?
i thought Pamerstons gang was the P D P or Palmerston dog pound. maybe they all grew up and didnt pass on there name bowrofl.gif

o hand i dont know why you are talking about aboriginals, while alot of these members are indeed part aboriginal there are a fair few white people in these groups.

Palmerston OutLaws it stands for the idiots dont even realise Outlaws is one word.

SCHSLYF
Post #51

QUOTE(Plugg3r @ Oct 30 2008, 04:17 PM) [snapback]1283076160[/snapback]

Palmerston OutLaws it stands for the idiots dont even realise Outlaws is one word.

the sad thing is a few of these kids "parents" are well know to the police, their parents are always bad mouthing the police cos they do somethign wrong and get arrested and then these kids do the same, however like said above, these kids have a choice, they could chose to do something with there life and break the cycle, or they could chose to be little hoodlums who like there parents end up in and out of jail.

like i said i have met a few of these kids, some of them are in a way dragged into it wanting to fit in (yes i know poor excuse) it is often these kids who also eventually grow up and do something with their lives, genreally they cacn still have a life, cos they avoid a criminal record.

briggsy22
Post #52

im still laughin at the fact the so called "gang" have a bebo page..check out his friends list to see Ms-13, bloods and the KKK lol...

ROLLER
Post #53

The only way to learn is thru education....

14/88
Post #54

my smith & wesson will teach them a lesson

Hypermania
Post #55

Actually you could not be more wrong on that one. Steve. I guess that is another reason hey. Some judge without knowing the truth. actually it was more i hit him because one he was asked to stop. Told she was my fiance physically touched her and then peristed to make crude demeaning gestures towards her then pushed me so if by hitting him because he went way to far and made the first physical contact in an agressive manner then yeah i did that. But if you mean i hit him out of jealousy because he looked at her then no your wrong.

But you have gone and made it personal when all i said was i have had a tough life and have not ended up like them stealing and hitting people for no reason. Well done. WHat were you saying about maturity.

Or you could be refering to the one at the beach front where the guy grabbed her and introduced her as his slut then when i asked him to apologise to her he hit me and i fought back. Then no again not cos she was looked at. Or it could be the one where the gy walked in on her in the toilet at time then she told him to get out and he would not then when i told him to fuck off he swung at me. Then yeah i knocked him out but again no not because he looked at her. Good looking women get looked at simple as that.

But i guess you would ahve walked away hey because that is how mature you are?

My apologies BJ, I have obviously been related a different version of events.

With regards to the subject at hand you say that people in your family have suffered due to problems within the household with tragic consequences. No offense but this actually supports my opinion that we (and the g-units) are products of our family or social environment.

We tend to generalise in most discussions regarding social or racial groups and of course there are exceptions to each stereotype. As you state, you had enough strength and self esteem to pull yourself up from a bad sitiuation...... This makes you exceptional and you do deserve to be recognised for this.

By the way, i think it was you who made it personal when you stated that my considered was "crap".

Steve, if I were you I would be very careful as to what you claim to know, because once again you dont know shit about fuck all. You came on this forum stating that there is a lack of meaningful conversations, yet when there is one, you change it to a personal attack?

Yes, Bj did knock a guy out, he has never denied this - but what the hell does this have to do with the subject of gangs? Was he in a gang when I happened? No. Did he search the streets like the rest of these little hood rats searching for trouble becuase he is soooo disadvantaged and misunderstood? No - Bj simply defended himself and me. But hey I guess you'd let your fiance get assaulted in front of you cause of your amazing maturity...

You yourself said you have:
I also have grown up in fear of these "gangs" and suffered a reduced quality of life due to having to moderate my behaviour and actions to avoid getting the living crap kicked out of me
yet you still feel sorry for them?? Just because you see it on a daily basis, it does not mean you have more of an insight into the situation, more so that you are just more tolerant.

A hard life should not be an excuse, it should be a reason to make a change.

People's lives are what they make it. End of fucking story.

I thought I was offering a fair and balanced view on the subject ...... until someone else referred to my input as "crap". Suggest you read through the threads again.

Just because you see it on a daily basis, it does not mean you have more of an insight into the situation,

I actually hung with them for about 6 months (much to the dismay of my peers) while at the same time reading everything I could regarding gang phenomona and the motives behind social violence.

I wanted to understand so I could make considered and educated judgements regarding the current state of the city i grew up in. Sure, I'm a little more tolerant but that comes with knowledge and maturity.

drift_ke70
Post #56

That is fine. I would rather walk away from a fight then fight but when it comes to Tess i will do what needs to be done.

I was only refering to it as crap as i was not agreeing with you. Bad choice of words maybe but i was not tryingt o make it personal by any means. What i was trying to say was them using that as a excuse or what ever is crap as i find it the other way around. I see my misfortune as a way to make my life better. I look at the rest of my fucked up family and think i do not wanna be like them and i di my best day in day out to make sure i do not. That is what i meant. To say they are hard dome by and they go to these other people for support is all well and good but using that as an excuse to fight and steal is shit.

Why make others lives shit? You know how bad it is when everyone is down on you so why make others feel the same. That is what i meant and in no way did i try and make it personal on purpose.

Thanks for the apology.

ps Be interesting to know who filled you in on the situation.

RagingSkyline
Post #57

QUOTE(future_dictator @ Oct 30 2008, 02:10 AM) [snapback]1283073045[/snapback]

Ive lived either next to or very close to little gangsta shits all my life and i can say the overwhelming majority should be shot. sure, their family life may be crap, but that does not give a good excuse to go bash others and steal shit.

Well let’s hope there’s a pissed off loser on the brink of insanity in Darwin who wants to clean up the streets. tongue.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #58

QUOTE(RagingSkyline @ Oct 30 2008, 07:12 PM) [snapback]1283077258[/snapback]

Well let’s hope there’s a pissed off loser on the brink of insanity in Darwin who wants to clean up the streets. tongue.gif

putting your hand up for something!! tongue.gif

makes you want to become a taxi driver hey!!

Hypermania
Post #59

Thanks for the apology.

ps Be interesting to know who filled you in on the situation.

That's cool and i think the greater of you as recognising the apology as genuine and saying so. One of the probs with internet, text or phone conversation is that we don't have the ability to read emotion as we do face-to-face, hence a bad choice of words being misjudged.

I honestly don't remember who (it was fair while ago) however i guess it stuck in my mind as I thought it was a little out of character for you at the time.

drift_ke70
Post #60

cheers dude. I guess we dont disagree on all things LOL

RalliSki
Post #61

awwwwwww....gonna get back on topic now ladies? tongue.gif

drift_ke70
Post #62

Come on now ski. You should be heppy. It was an argument that got sorted in a respectable manner.

I bet when Nathan comes up we will see him giving the little shits a ride around loving them..... LOL He be a little hood rat.... Well will if he lives with Amanda

Plugg3r
Post #63

We should start wearing Ninja suits and hide in trees.. Put the fear of Ninja Drop Bears in there hearts.

drift_ke70
Post #64

bowrofl.gif bowrofl.gif bowrofl.gif

RalliSki
Post #65

QUOTE(drift_ke70 @ Oct 31 2008, 10:01 AM) [snapback]1283079078[/snapback]

Come on now ski. You should be heppy. It was an argument that got sorted in a respectable manner.

oh naaaa i dont have an issue at all. I'm actually impressed smile.gif

my post was just a bit of fun really biggrin.gif

as you were...

drift_ke70
Post #66

Lucky was putting the knuckle dusters on for teh arm pit punch LOL

Plugg3r
Post #67

Nipple Pinch and Armpit Punch Combo.

I'd actually like there to be like a proper boxing ring and the "Gangs" compete.
When they win they then get to fight normal people not related to gangs.

See how they go.. I'd compete it be fun.. Get me some KO's under the old belt.

RalliSki
Post #68

QUOTE(drift_ke70 @ Oct 31 2008, 12:55 PM) [snapback]1283079917[/snapback]

Lucky was putting the knuckle dusters on for teh arm pit punch LOL

keep them for the womenz tongue.gif

HSV_MALOO
Post #69

QUOTE(drift_ke70 @ Oct 31 2008, 09:31 AM) [snapback]1283079078[/snapback]

I bet when Nathan comes up we will see him giving the little shits a ride around loving them..... LOL He be a little hood rat.... Well will if he lives with Amanda

u bin livin in da hood ma brudda.....! Moulden aint as bad a karama, watch out for them karama boys they'll pop a cap in your ass.....

future_dictator
Post #70

lol those karama kids might have ONE gun to share between them.... but when they point it in your face you can still laugh cos the little shits were too dumb to steal the ammunition when they stole the gun smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x