Lowgm's Holden - GMP51  

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
LOWGM
  • LOWGM
  • Senior User
  • Member No.: 68,064
Post #1 post 17th August 2008 - 04:23 PM
I FIGURED ITS TIME FOR AN UPDATE. my vt has changed alot since last time i posted it, mainly engine and driveline stuff but am also tryin to change the look of the car, it will be returning to full stock exterior and running full sleeper mode.

ENGINE. chemical cleaned,honed,crack tested, still retains stock displacement and stroke, runs acl gear throughout,

HEADS. heads have been chemical cleaned, stripped out and ported to [email protected]" lift, they run polished exhaust ports, k line valve guides, MANLEY valves, stainless steel inserts which have been radius cut on the intake and three angle on the exhaust side, the inlet manifold, runners, and plenum have been match ported to the heads, a set of F.I.T 1.97 extreme roller rockers and 5/16" chromoly push rods have also been fitted.

TRANSMISSION. brand new 8hfd/ 4l60e. was filled with a converter shop 2700 rpm hi-stall, front mounted xl trans cooler, 490" sonnax boost valve, corvette servo pistons, high performance kevlar wide bands, 20% oversized reaction shell, upped line pressure.

DIFF. diff is fitted with a brand new limited slip, with 3.9 ratio gears.

INDUCTION. completely custom mounted crank driven vortech v1 pump, RUSS TUFFBOND race balancer is used with a cnc mill fabricated alluminium adapter, runnin a 2.95" pulley sees 6 psi in the manifold through 2.5" compression bent cooler pipes, 600x300x76 front mounted cooler, drift pod 4" pod filter.

EXHAUST. pacemaker supercharged primaries, into 2 1/2" mandreul bent with muffler and resignator with 3" outlet.

ACCESORIES. relocated MSD ignition, lengthened 9.0mm ignition leads, fuel reg with gauge, pillar mounted auto meter pro comp boost and oil pressure gauges.

WHEELS AND SUSPENSION. 15x6 chasers with hubcaps thumbsup.gif fe2 front with pedders comfort gas, rear soon to be fe2 but is king spring sl, with short body big bore pedders sports ryders (eliminates all axle tramp)

STEREO. jvc 7" screen/ head unit, 4X6" mtx speakers, 12" pioneer sub with 400w amp. im not a stereo man.

POWER. 215 rwhp @ 6psi on bp ultimax

FUTURE MODS. i have 33 pound injectors and a 255lt perminute walbro in tank pump to fit in my garage but waiting on haltech interceptor/ tune and a 2.65" pulley which shoul get 15psi in the manifold, once tuned will make in excess of 300+ rwhp thumbsup.gif there is alot left in this engine/combination

OTHERSHIT. alot of effort went into the fitment of this setup and was constatly breaking things!!! there are alot easier and cheaper ways to make power but i like to do things differently, oh and the hard way.lol hate it or love it this is what ive built let me know what you think of it thumbsup.gif huge thanks to a good mate and his young family who were a huge help in getting this thing together, much appreciated mate thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

VIDEO. wuick video of where its at now, no tune factory computer, stock camshaft, injectors and fuel pump. a quick dab on the barke to get em started then no brake. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZNrtZzWNfs new video as of today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-SSVXV6kiI

This post has been edited by LOWGM: Feb 13 2009, 02:28 PM

--------------------
BUILT IN AUSTRALIA. AND PROUD OF IT

Comments

• Boost Network 59
  • marcs_sp20
    Post #2

Looks good mate thumbsup.gif

ThunderBolt
    Post #3

Got sleeper?

Sounds like a nice fun car. Decent power for such low boost.

99v8Lux
    Post #4

Looks good, but what's with the doubled up piping on the pressure side of the blower?

LOWGM
    Post #5

QUOTE(99v8Lux @ Aug 17 2008, 04:41 PM) [snapback]1282747236[/snapback]

Looks good, but what's with the doubled up piping on the pressure side of the blower?

um? there is a 4" inlet, thats the one with the pod fliter, then theres the one that comes of the snail, that feeds to the cooler, then the one that comes from the cooler through the front gaurd (ssshhh) and up to the t/b.??? there is rubber oil hose but that is from the breathers plumbed back into the intake. is that the one?

MFC05
    Post #6

Looking good there mate, good powers to back it up to ! thumbsup.gif

stephen16
    Post #7

his probably talking about the top radiator hose, they are pretty big on commy's, i see thes thing around quite abit, plates give it away though and so does the bov thumbsup.gif

nice though

edit: should get your airbag system looked at if your srs light is still on your dash, i work at an auto elec send us a pm if you wanna get it scanned

cheers

slo33
    Post #8

im assuming thats the afm just before the throttle body???? how does it run being on that side of the blower??? is that the way a blower is normally set up???
    i may be ignorant after driving a turbo for years...lol

LOWGM
    Post #9

QUOTE(stephen16 @ Aug 17 2008, 05:00 PM) [snapback]1282747337[/snapback]

his probably talking about the top radiator hose, they are pretty big on commy's, i see thes thing around quite abit, plates give it away though and so does the bov thumbsup.gif

nice though

edit: should get your airbag system looked at if your srs light is still on your dash, i work at an auto elec send us a pm if you wanna get it scanned

cheers

haha true no bov, jus when you shut blower down air recirculates through impellor and gets chopped up. gunna try to get it to dose! yeah one of the pretensioners or airbags, i dont like airbags any way.

QUOTE(slo33 @ Aug 17 2008, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1282747427[/snapback]

im assuming thats the afm just before the throttle body???? how does it run being on that side of the blower??? is that the way a blower is normally set up???

yeah mate ive often wondered how they run being on the uncharged side, (having never owned a turbo) sam as the vl boys, thats how they get em to dose

clutch-monkey
    Post #10

i like it...sounds like it gives VT clubbies a scare.

ASH81x
    Post #11

skid pics?!

slo33
    Post #12

QUOTE(LOWGM @ Aug 17 2008, 05:13 PM) [snapback]1282747428[/snapback]

haha true no bov, jus when you shut blower down air recirculates through impellor and gets chopped up. gunna try to get it to dose! yeah one of the pretensioners or airbags, i dont like airbags any way.
    yeah mate ive often wondered how they run being on the uncharged side, (having never owned a turbo) sam as the vl boys, thats how they get em to dose

mines on the inlet side of the turbo as thats how they are when factory....i dont the think the postion of the air flow meter dictates whether a car 'doses'.

LOWGM
    Post #13

QUOTE(slo33 @ Aug 17 2008, 05:30 PM) [snapback]1282747529[/snapback]

mines on the inlet side of the turbo as thats how they are when factory....i dont the think the postion of the air flow meter dictates whether a car 'doses'.

i do!! bit off conformation here king of doseing. HGHOON. LOL

DAZZLER351
    Post #14

Have to gimme a run ? My N/A 6 does 13.7 at Willowbank and i havn,t made my mind up yet whether to NOS it or Charge it ??
    I already beat BF turbo,s with 6 spd,auto,s - but i want more .....maybe you can sway me towards charging ???

Pull us over next time you are cruising Goldy thumbsup.gif

LOWGM
    Post #15

QUOTE(ASH81x @ Aug 17 2008, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1282747480[/snapback]

skid pics?!

nah mate not as yet but heres one from today. on a PRIVATE road. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-SSVXV6kiI

QUOTE(DAZZLER351 @ Aug 17 2008, 05:48 PM) [snapback]1282747646[/snapback]

Have to gimme a run ? My N/A 6 does 13.7 at Willowbank and i havn,t made my mind up yet whether to NOS it or Charge it ??
    I already beat BF turbo,s with 6 spd,auto,s - but i want more .....maybe you can sway me towards charging ???

Pull us over next time you are cruising Goldy thumbsup.gif

yeah mate il play the game lol. wat plates you run? go turbo mate, so much easier!!

ASH81x
    Post #16

QUOTE(LOWGM @ Aug 17 2008, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1282747699[/snapback]

nah mate not as yet but heres one from today. on a PRIVATE road. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-SSVXV6kiI

thats the go sounds like it turns the tyres easy enough biggrin.gif

Commovr
    Post #17

just watched the videos sounds nice mate!

if you dont mind me asken iam thinking about charging my commo how much was the set up and install pm me of you wanna

Cheers!

LOWGM
    Post #18

QUOTE(Commovr @ Aug 17 2008, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1282747731[/snapback]

just watched the videos sounds nice mate!

if you dont mind me asken iam thinking about charging my commo how much was the set up and install pm me of you wanna

Cheers!

a fair bit mate, blower wasnt made for this engine! alot of dickin around, have a look at capa.com they got bolt on kits there. other than that you can get the factroy blown l67 for round 4-5 grand (long motor)

MUP DIT
    Post #19

ur car looks better with stock wheels

envme
    Post #20

well done mate looks great and i bet it goes hard.

Lux_V8
    Post #21

Very nice. thumbsup.gif

induction
    Post #22

Love the stockies.... Looks great mate

88MSE
    Post #23

Gimpsy lookin tuff smile.gif

HEKT1K W0G
    Post #24

watta tough sleeper vt! shits all over mine ahah!

HOON69
    Post #25

not the nicest engine bay

springs look shot or cut

and chasers are the bogans choice of wheel

other then that
    not bad.

LOWGM
    Post #26

QUOTE(HOON69 @ Aug 17 2008, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1282748577[/snapback]

not the nicest engine bay

springs look shot or cut

and chasers are the bogans choice of wheel
    other then that
    not bad.

your a goose mate explain how youd go about cuttin a spring out of an irs equipped vehicle??? they arent chasers with out the centre caps! im runnin hubcaps im chasin the sleeper look

slammedvu
    Post #27

thats tuff as man nice sleeper,

IEATU
    Post #28

not bad, bet it does good skids wink.gif

LOWGM
    Post #29

QUOTE(IEATU @ Aug 17 2008, 08:07 PM) [snapback]1282748710[/snapback]

not bad, bet it does good skids wink.gif

you watch the videos??

datsunforlife
    Post #30

love your car man! sounds tough as fuck when your crusing down anzac ave...

pearcy_23
    Post #31

nice love vortechs.....6psi but i thought 9psi was the stock pulley they came out with?You have to run twin bov's on centrifgual blower setups or you can wind up doing some serious damage to the impellers.

LOWGM
    Post #32

QUOTE(pearcy_23 @ Aug 17 2008, 08:23 PM) [snapback]1282748838[/snapback]

nice love vortechs.....6psi but i thought 9psi was the stock pulley they came out with?You have to run twin bov's on centrifgual blower setups or you can wind up doing some serious damage to the impellers.

its an 2.95" pulley if its 9-10 pound pulley im happy to lose 3 pounds through a frount mount, afm and cooler pipes thumbsup.gif yeah goin to upgrade to 3" pipes mandruel bent and bov hidden down the front somewhere

99v8Lux
    Post #33

QUOTE(LOWGM @ Aug 17 2008, 04:46 PM) [snapback]1282747252[/snapback]

um? there is a 4" inlet, thats the one with the pod fliter, then theres the one that comes of the snail, that feeds to the cooler, then the one that comes from the cooler through the front gaurd (ssshhh) and up to the t/b.??? there is rubber oil hose but that is from the breathers plumbed back into the intake. is that the one?

As per pic:

84DVX,QIC08
    Post #34

QUOTE(slo33 @ Aug 17 2008, 05:12 PM) [snapback]1282747427[/snapback]

AFM can be run on inlet side of the blower/turbo like standard..with a bit of toying around i have found on several cars even turbo they run alot better on the intake side after the cooler..... thumbsup.gif
    an for the bloke who asked wats with the 2 pipes on the pressure side the only thing i can think of your talking bout is the doubled up silicone joiner to get the hose clamp to pull down enough so the boost doesn blow it off..other wise there is no doubled up pipes eek.gif

LOWGM
    Post #35

oh that lol bowrofl.gif bit of a story to that, took us ages to work out how to stop it blowin off! that is the solution! il fix it one day

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
    • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
    Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x