it was bullsh/t

next time i drive im going to fire a gun to cool like them

Timmyp34
Post #38

i am going to do a fully sick skid in protest

Street Tuned
Post #39

yeah this was pretty shit

although every life lost is a tragedy, 100 People a year die in the US from street racing. In a country of 300 000 000 with the problems the US has thats pretty farken good. and IMO does not justify the amount of money that is being used to fight it. UNLESS you bring nusance into it. That is it annoys people.

They would have more homosides in one suburb per quarter than that.

Anyway was pretty bad, just an ad to get the Aust government the ability to crush cars.

Totally crap, was disapointed it was just an ad to crush cars, just wait until next week, the letter box will be full of people saying how much they want this to happen.

LOL I love peters comment on that guys Honda Civic "So what you have done is get a small japanese car and put a big engine in it" LOL it was a 2L

GreekWarrior
Post #40

seriously, wtf was that lol

I think 60 minutes was just hunting for a story...honestly it's been done to death, now apparently everyone that mods their car is a gang member with a gun.

FmxAus
Post #41

STUPID YANKS.

Street Tuned
Post #42

no I dont think they were hunting for a story

they were trying to get community support to pass car crushing legislation.

Morgish
Post #43

All stock cars, not enthusiasts just American teenage kids.

GreekWarrior
Post #44

but it's been done before...what this like the 5th time they've show honda civics being crushed? lol

rotmanozzie
Post #45

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Aug 10 2008, 07:48 PM) [snapback]1282719165[/snapback]

Not at all surprising.

When will people finally get it through their thick skulls that zero tolerance policing has NEVER been an effective method of controlling a problem. There's better solutions, it's not one of them.

ROCK ON
R~R

How would you punish a repeat offender ? Would you have a different view if one of your family was killed by a hoon ?

QUOTE(Street Tuned @ Aug 10 2008, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1282719185[/snapback]

yeah this was pretty shit

although every life lost is a tragedy, 100 People a year die in the US from street racing.

I'm surprised it's not more. About 40 000 die on the roads in the US.

SN32ZN
Post #46

typical poor pathetic journalism , having a go , extremely biased , where was the australian hoon scene , maybe they couldnt find any here to tell there story hmm kinda indicates its not what they portreay it to be .

DriftTJ
Post #47

Right.

That had nothing to do with aus. But I did find it sorta interesting

rotor_head_83
Post #48

seriously... someone on boost, with really good english skills and knowledge, please write to peter harvey's mail bag

seriously, we need a good rebuttle to this story and i believe they like to show both sides on 60 minutes

GreekWarrior
Post #49

QUOTE(rotor_head_83 @ Aug 10 2008, 08:11 PM) [snapback]1282719328[/snapback]

seriously... someone on boost, with really good english skills and knowledge, please write to peter harvey's mail bag

seriously, we need a good rebuttle to this story and i believe they like to show both sides on 60 minutes

we're doomed before we start haha

someblackguy
Post #50

QUOTE(SN32ZN @ Aug 10 2008, 07:59 PM) [snapback]1282719262[/snapback]

typical poor pathetic journalism , having a go , extremely biased , where was the australian hoon scene , maybe they couldnt find any here to tell there story hmm kinda indicates its not what they portreay it to be .

i dont think it was EXTREMELY biased?

they were showing true deadshits who DO put innocent lives at risk (racing piece of shit cars is a crime in itself)

overall i thought it was a pretty average report all in all though, and did not see much relevance to australia? hell they could have gotten way better footage at typical meets in bris or sydney

Rancher
Post #51

I just did. I was appalled at that. I really was. Gave him a piece of my mind. Not even with a single swear word!

I dose goode.

Rookie ROX
Post #52

QUOTE(someblackguy @ Aug 10 2008, 08:15 PM) [snapback]1282719346[/snapback]

i dont think it was EXTREMELY biased?

There's two sides to every story.

They only showed one.

That's being biased wink.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

SN32ZN
Post #53

I just did. I was appalled at that. I really was. Gave him a piece of my mind. Not even with a single swear word!

I dose goode.

so what did you write for peter harvey's ball sack , i mean mail bag?

45HWN
Post #54

Lol.

Disturbingly similar to Fast & Furious except all the cars were shitboxes.

chris davey
Post #55

I had alread sent an email before seeing this thread. Here it is

Re: Your hoon story

This was a great story that had no relevance to Australia. Well done on airing a story as pathetic as this. I particuarly liked the section regarding the dangerous street racer named Moses Durant who was clearly racing at a drag strip which is 100% legal, a recognised motorsport and the only alternative to street racing.

Why was there such great emphasis on the gun shooting? I am fairly sure that America has totally different gun laws to Australia and as such this is once again totally irrelevant.

If you want to deter street racers, provide more legal affordable options. If these facilities are available to people and they still participate in street racing then throw the book at them!

Regards,

someblackguy
Post #56

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Aug 10 2008, 08:19 PM) [snapback]1282719364[/snapback]

There's two sides to every story.

They only showed one.

That's being biased wink.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

but whats the other side to the story of actual hoons? "oh oh, but we're just havin good timez in our hektik civics with tha boyz"

hoons and actual "car enthusiasts" should be kept mutually exclusive, but alas, they arent when it comes to the general media believing public and politicians.

DAZZLER351
Post #57

QUOTE(chris davey @ Aug 10 2008, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1282719406[/snapback]

I had alread sent an email before seeing this thread. Here it is

Anyone else notice that he wasn,t wearing a helmet at Irwindale Raceway ?? dunno.gif ph34r.gif

Innocent_Commuter
Post #58

from what i gather from that report.. in order to stop illegal street racing.. we have to crush hondas??

well.. then so be it tongue.gif

GreekWarrior
Post #59

QUOTE(Innocent_Commuter @ Aug 10 2008, 08:33 PM) [snapback]1282719427[/snapback]

from what i gather from that report.. in order to stop illegal street racing.. we have to crush hondas??

well.. then so be it tongue.gif

you'll never catch me alive ph34r.gif

i_wanna_skyline_gtr
Post #60

QUOTE(Street Tuned @ Aug 10 2008, 07:54 PM) [snapback]1282719220[/snapback]

no I dont think they were hunting for a story

they were trying to get community support to pass car crushing legislation.

Agreed, jus like the other couple of times they showed it on TT n CA. Or maybe they want harsher jail sentences introduced in Australia. I dont see why the police create zoned areas 4 burnouts n drag races where unhooning ppl wont drive along (even though stupid idea but least no1 will b killed expect the driver) dunno.gif

Street Tuned
Post #61

QUOTE(i_wanna_skyline_gtr @ Aug 10 2008, 08:35 PM) [snapback]1282719441[/snapback]

Agreed, jus like the other couple of times they showed it on TT n CA. Or maybe they want harsher jail sentences introduced in Australia. I dont see why the police create zoned areas 4 burnouts n drag races where unhooning ppl wont drive along (even though stupid idea but least no1 will b killed expect the driver) dunno.gif

They have

its called a race track.

I think the days of massive cruises and huge public car park meets are coming to an end.

Hopefully however we will see creative legal meets like the GC parkland drift event where people can have fun off road and drive their car INTO the event so its like a street meet only legal.

11TWO
Post #62

I wonder if this story/report will spark another "on air" radio discussion tomorrow morning on the likes of NOVA or B105 or Triple M or 973?

DaNmAc
Post #63

Watched it

Parents tried to make me watch it as theyre completely sucked into the bullshit stories, so whenver i head out they think i;m "Going to a fully hektik cruise with tha blow off valves and the hondas"

Thats it!!!! Next time i go to the spit im strapping a gun... ph34r.gif

i_wanna_skyline_gtr
Post #64

QUOTE(Street Tuned @ Aug 10 2008, 08:38 PM) [snapback]1282719453[/snapback]

They have

its called a race track.
I think the days of massive cruises and huge public car park meets are coming to an end.

Hopefully however we will see creative legal meets like the GC parkland drift event where people can have fun off road and drive their car INTO the event so its like a street meet only legal.

Maybe the nex toombul meet shud have sum burnout session or sumthin? I mean no1 uses the carpark after the event. Or even the old airport no1 uses tht, all the cops gotta do is sit there n watch.

Edited

someblackguy
Post #65

QUOTE(Street Tuned @ Aug 10 2008, 08:38 PM) [snapback]1282719453[/snapback]

They have

its called a race track.

im just thinking of the copious amounts of profit one could make from some kind of non-professional racing facility located inside the brisbane metro area.

c'mon, no1 drives out to willow bank for one 13 second (or slower) pass then sensibly goes home to milk and cookies for the nite.

LOWGM
Post #66

front wheel drive hondas. i bet everyone else in the la street scene feels a fraction more gay now. i dont think ive ever seen races like that on the street, them fuckers play too much ps3. we love skids here in aus

Innocent_Commuter
Post #67

SKIID EEETT!

11TWO
Post #68

QUOTE(i_wanna_skyline_gtr @ Aug 10 2008, 08:44 PM) [snapback]1282719494[/snapback]

Maybe the nex toombul meet shud have sum burnout session or sumthin? I mean no1 uses the carpark after the event. Or even the old airport no1 uses tht, all the cops gotta do is sit there n watch.

Edited

there's more to it than just Police supervising...
you got noise pollution... it's a shopping centre FFS
then you got legal issues... public liability
... it's not that simple of "oh the police" (parents/teachers) will watch over me... head_wall.gif

rotor_head_83
Post #69

Re: Your hoon story

This was a great story that had no relevance to Australia. Well done on airing a story as pathetic as this. I particuarly liked the section regarding the dangerous street racer named Moses Durant who was clearly racing at a drag strip which is 100% legal, a recognised motorsport and the only alternative to street racing.

Why was there such great emphasis on the gun shooting? I am fairly sure that America has totally different gun laws to Australia and as such this is once again totally irrelevant.

If you want to deter street racers, provide more legal affordable options. If these facilities are available to people and they still participate in street racing then throw the book at them!

Regards,

indeed they are valid points, but that sorta aggressive writing is not gonna get published on air.

i know its hard to watch bs such as this and not be angered, but they really need calm, statistically based approaches and "bigger picture" views. oh and relevance to australian laws and culture wud be nice too biggrin.gif

i_wanna_skyline_gtr
Post #70

QUOTE(11TWO @ Aug 10 2008, 08:50 PM) [snapback]1282719527[/snapback]

there's more to it than just Police supervising...
you got noise pollution... it's a shopping centre FFS
then you got legal issues... public liability
... it's not that simple of "oh the police" (parents/teachers) will watch over me... head_wall.gif

Do i care what it takes, its the government. They can either choose ppl creatin noise pollution or ppl dying. Cuz it aint gonna change.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x