OnEdGe
Post #36

datsun

aufalcon140
Post #37

hummer for sure

LSI80
Post #38

Any of the factory "special" big blocks of the 70's. 12-13's from the factory.

DAL32
Post #39

For a modern car I think they come with a fairly pissed off 'gtfo of my way' look. Most new cars look like they have a smile, this one doesn't laugh.gif

IPB Image

zzz
Post #40

I like that alfa.

im2sus4u
Post #41

autostyle GTR black 32

GTRVspec95
Post #42

QUOTE(Mundi_STR @ Aug 7 2008, 06:01 PM) [snapback]1282708317[/snapback]

Asian cars are not tough, Holdens don't look tough - they look like fat old men, Italian cars are not meant to be 'tough', the veyron is an engineering exercise by VW blah blah blah.

Toughest car? Series 1 landrover.

I beg to differ ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

clutch-monkey
Post #43

how the hell does something look 'tough'? how do we even define tough in this case?

Innocent_Commuter
Post #44

um..Matt black with spikes?

hmm... a certain d1nz driver comes to mind lol

Charger 360
Post #45

That early GTR is very tough, the Dodge Ram SRT also very tough. But seriously who honestly thinks that little Alfa is a tough car - (i'm not saying it is unpleaseant or unattractive but there is no way tough would ever be a description of it)

Australian tough cars include the XY GTHO, The XC hardtop

some american tough cars

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Now park the little alfa next to one of these and tell me it is a tough looking car?

clutch-monkey
Post #46

i just don't get 'tough', mean, angry, is that what is meant?

Abercrombi3
Post #47

QUOTE(Innocent_Commuter @ Aug 7 2008, 07:55 PM) [snapback]1282708876[/snapback]

um..Matt black with spikes?

hmm... a certain d1nz driver comes to mind lol

nah i think red is more appropriate smile.gif

IPB Image

GTRVspec95
Post #48

QUOTE(Charger 360 @ Aug 7 2008, 08:17 PM) [snapback]1282708972[/snapback]

IPB Image

I still think the Camaro looks tougher ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

QUOTE(clutch-monkey @ Aug 7 2008, 08:19 PM) [snapback]1282708981[/snapback]

Anything that doesn't fit the 'beautiful' category ...

broad square lines body lines, flared guards, raised hoods, muscular stances ...

or ...

almost everything thats not European laugh.gif

Charger 360
Post #49

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Aug 7 2008, 08:37 PM) [snapback]1282709056[/snapback]

I still think the Camaro looks tougher ...

Its amazing how similar these 2 are really - I would happily have either - but stupid Chrysler ain't building the Challenger in RHD.

I reckon they are really pretty equal on the toughness scale.

GTRVspec95
Post #50

okay ... except for the possibility of Lamborghini rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(Charger 360 @ Aug 7 2008, 08:39 PM) [snapback]1282709065[/snapback]

Its amazing how similar these 2 are really - I would happily have either - but stupid Chrysler ain't building the Challenger in RHD.

I reckon they are really pretty equal on the toughness scale.

The deep set grille, bigger front bar, pumped rear and raised hood do it for me over the Challenger ...

The Challenger has a real tough looking rear end to it but the designers feel asleep and forgot to put the good stuff on the front

clutch-monkey
Post #51

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Aug 7 2008, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1282709070[/snapback]

TVR cerbera speed 12 or the old aston V8 Vantage? biggrin.gif

GTRVspec95
Post #52

QUOTE(clutch-monkey @ Aug 7 2008, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1282709107[/snapback]

TVR cerbera speed 12 or the old aston V8 Vantage? biggrin.gif

okay ...

they can come and play too rolleyes.gif ...

TVR Speed 12

IPB Image

ASTON MARTIN Vantage V8

IPB Image

Charger 360
Post #53

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Aug 7 2008, 08:43 PM) [snapback]1282709070[/snapback]

The deep set grille, bigger front bar, pumped rear and raised hood do it for me over the Challenger ...

The Challenger has a real tough looking rear end to it but the designers feel asleep and forgot to put the good stuff on the front

Challenger
deep set grille - check

Big Front bar - check
IPB Image

Pumped up rear -check
IPB Image

raised hood -check
IPB Image

For me extras like have wheel arch to wheel ratios correct on the Challenger with almost no gaps compared to the Camaros tippy toe stance and old school black spoiler on front air dam instead of too much plastic push it ahead of the Camaro.

Probably also has something to do with thefact that I prefer Mopars to laugh.gif

Spidey
Post #54

Im always partial to the Maclaren F1.

Fuzzball
Post #55

QUOTE(WattsyLX @ Aug 7 2008, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1282708294[/snapback]

Ford GTHO Phase III.....

fastest production sedan in its day, shaker scoop hanging out the bonnet.... loud, fast and more mongrel than a wild Staffy!

the_random_hero
Post #56

QUOTE(WattsyLX @ Aug 7 2008, 05:56 PM) [snapback]1282708294[/snapback]

Ford GTHO Phase III.....

fastest production sedan in its day, shaker scoop hanging out the bonnet.... loud, fast and more mongrel than a wild Staffy!

Pah, the Phase IV is where it was at smile.gif

blacky05
Post #57

QUOTE(clutch-monkey @ Aug 7 2008, 08:19 PM) [snapback]1282708981[/snapback]

You read my mind with the carmageddon. I just had that thought in my head and scrolled down to the next post which had it in it lol.
Seriously though
IPB Image

Alex
Post #58

IPB Image

MYB16
Post #59

I would have to say the Alfa SZ is a pretty tough/mean looking car. And its European Jamie tongue.gif

IPB Image

I fucking want one!! None in Australia.

mighty-toy-boy
Post #60

wow.
some seriously ugly cars posted in this thread! smile.gif

that challenger does it for me though

GTRVspec95
Post #61

QUOTE(Charger 360 @ Aug 7 2008, 08:58 PM) [snapback]1282709169[/snapback]

Challenger
deep set grille - check

Big Front bar - check
IPB Image

Pumped up rear -check
IPB Image

raised hood -check
IPB Image

For me extras like have wheel arch to wheel ratios correct on the Challenger with almost no gaps compared to the Camaros tippy toe stance and old school black spoiler on front air dam instead of too much plastic push it ahead of the Camaro.

Probably also has something to do with thefact that I prefer Mopars to laugh.gif

Nah ...

The front looks like it's missing it's chin ...

The raised hood looks a bit at odds with the rest of the car; having those twin side entries that go to ... ummm ... somewhere ? blink.gif

And the grill on the Challenger looks no where near as tough as the sculpted effort of the Camaro ... as Jeremy Clarkson would say ...

JUST LOOK AT IT !!!

Just looking at the Camaro makes you feel like a Redneck happy.gif

QUOTE(MYB16 @ Aug 7 2008, 09:38 PM) [snapback]1282709365[/snapback]

I would have to say the Alfa SZ is a pretty tough/mean looking car. And its European Jamie tongue.gif

IPB Image

I fucking want one!! None in Australia.

For some strange reason it reminds me of a BMW 850i ... thats gone horrible wrong blink.gif

IPB Image

speaking of which ...

BMW M3 CSL

IPB Image

Tough little Barvarian brawler happy.gif

Charger 360
Post #62

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Aug 7 2008, 10:15 PM) [snapback]1282709542[/snapback]

Nah ...

The front looks like it's missing it's chin ...

The raised hood looks a bit at odds with the rest of the car; having those twin side entries that go to ... ummm ... somewhere ? blink.gif

And the grill on the Challenger looks no where near as tough as the sculpted effort of the Camaro ... as Jeremy Clarkson would say ...

JUST LOOK AT IT !!!

Just looking at the Camaro makes you feel like a Redneck happy.gif

nah see that's where you gotta know your Mopar muscle cars - the raised bonnet is done in the same style as the air grabber hoods of the late 60's and 70's - to me a real strength of the car - remembering that it comes out of the factory like that. The Camaro's hood is just plain jane to me not tall enough to look even remotely similar to the induction hoods.

The front tucked under look is the same as all the 60's and 70's muscle cars including the Camaro so is in keeping with the overall theme. The new camaro looks like it got messed up with Arnie - "too much chin and not enough brains."

The grill I am proabbly going to have to concede on - it is a much tougher even though in close up / real life it isn't quite as nice as the initial images
IPB Image

But seriously what is going on with that ride height and wheel arches that are too big for the wheels. The aftermarket boys will fix that pretty quickly but surely the GM designers can see it as well.

By the way this a really good conversation - shame we're not in a pub with a couple of beers.

mitchyp
Post #63

R32 GTR ... nuff said IMO wink.gif

IPB Image

kuzukuzu
Post #64

TVR Sagaris.......

IPB Image

IPB Image

GTRVspec95
Post #65

QUOTE(Charger 360 @ Aug 7 2008, 10:34 PM) [snapback]1282709647[/snapback]

nah see that's where you gotta know your Mopar muscle cars - the raised bonnet is done in the same style as the air grabber hoods of the late 60's and 70's - to me a real strength of the car - remembering that it comes out of the factory like that. The Camaro's hood is just plain jane to me not tall enough to look even remotely similar to the induction hoods.

The front tucked under look is the same as all the 60's and 70's muscle cars including the Camaro so is in keeping with the overall theme. The new camaro looks like it got messed up with Arnie - "too much chin and not enough brains."

The grill I am proabbly going to have to concede on - it is a much tougher even though in close up / real life it isn't quite as nice as the initial images
IPB Image

But seriously what is going on with that ride height and wheel arches that are too big for the wheels. The aftermarket boys will fix that pretty quickly but surely the GM designers can see it as well.
By the way this a really good conversation - shame we're not in a pub with a couple of beers.

Possibly this will be an edition for later Z28 models as they are initially releasing the LS. LT and SS first.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/images/camarospecs.pdf

IPB Image

The Arnie analogy is why muscle cars are so loved as there was nothing technologically advanced about them. They where just big engines shoe horned into chassis; that were probably not designed to hold them that went brutally fast happy.gif

20 inch items are spec'd for the SS so that should fill out the rear, but they are only 8.5 and 9 inches wide so I'd like to see that hold out against 315kw/422hp and 533nm/408lb-ft + right foot hsdance.gif

beer.gif

HSV
Post #66

QUOTE(DAL32 @ Aug 7 2008, 06:47 PM) [snapback]1282708581[/snapback]

For a modern car I think they come with a fairly pissed off 'gtfo of my way' look. Most new cars look like they have a smile, this one doesn't laugh.gif

IPB Image

Aww look, the cute car has a face.............

aurioncharger
Post #67

AUDI R8 VERY NICE?!?

Charger 360
Post #68

QUOTE(GTRVspec95 @ Aug 7 2008, 10:54 PM) [snapback]1282709761[/snapback]

The Arnie analogy is why muscle cars are so loved as there was nothing technologically advanced about them. They where just big engines shoe horned into chassis; that were probably not designed to hold them that went brutally fast happy.gif

beer.gif

yep nothing better than a big motor in a car that wasn't designed for it - can't afford the real american muscle that I'd really like to own so I'll just have to make do with my Charger (326RWHP from its 360 ci V8) - I'd happily park one of the Camaros (new or old) next to her in the garage anytime.

IPB Image

moejlh
Post #69

Ferrari F50 is my opinion

MYB16
Post #70

QUOTE(aurioncharger @ Aug 7 2008, 11:03 PM) [snapback]1282709813[/snapback]

AUDI R8 VERY NICE?!?

R8 is to perfect to be tough.

Maybe the V12 TDI is though.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 8
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x