Shannons Nt Quarter Mile Titles - Saturday August 2nd  

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
HSV_MALOO
Post #71

was troy practicin his powerskids for next year??

RBNT
Post #72

QUOTE(unreal @ Aug 3 2008, 10:30 PM) [snapback]1282692653[/snapback]

na im all good i have broad shoulders and just keep the happy so they dont think im going soft after chatting with them in the pits last night...

a picture off my phone of dennis' altered.. thank god for racing harness but his man hood will be very sore

IPB Image

You want a turbo wagon, you just havent realised it yet lol.

Post #73

well done rattler!!!

good to see 2095kg worth of blown LS powered clubsport belting down the blacktop thumbsup.gif

and once again.....how much fun does that white ford ute look biggrin.gif

unreal
Post #74

dennis crash footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szQp8Lvtcu4

how close does it look to jordy sitting on his stool...

and this was bad news the previous run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRc4umJeKUQ

bbaker27
Post #75

Hi All,

I would just like to thank everyone for the help and support at the drags on Saturday night. A big thanks to my Wife, Troy, Andrew, BJ & Partner for the pit crew support through out the night. This great result was due to a great crew and team.

I was working my butt off to deliver a 9's pass and it finally paid off at the end of the night. This was my first night driving the car in two years so you can imagine i was nervous as hell. I guess that show you can run the times on a interstate track and then back it up here in the heat of Darwin.

This car is a good example of a budget sport compact car. I hope to see more Sports Compact cars in the future and this begins to open peoples eyes to Sports Compact Racing.

Thanks Again to BJ for the awesome Video's you have out done your self.

I noticed through the night no one really paid attention to the car and as the times started to fall through the night people started to come and take a look and ask questions. After the 9.2 run i had some many people looking and asking questions i couldn't believe the interest. We even packed up and put the car on the trailer to head home and people were stopping asking questions and wanting to look under the bonnet while the car was on the trailer.

Thanks Again Brad

VLCT WALKY
Post #76

congrats brad, wish i was able to see it, alot of time and money and it's paid off! and it's only just the begining, 9.2 first meet, 8's will be a piss in

finally a car that backs up it's hp on the black stuff, maybe some of the v8's can learn by your example smile.gif

Thumpin' 8
Post #77

Rotor's are not my cup of tea, but in saying that a quick car is a quick car and deserves the accolades. Roller told me it was capable of low nine's so well done on making that mark.

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Aug 4 2008, 01:02 PM) [snapback]1282694483[/snapback]

finally a car that backs up it's hp on the black stuff, maybe some of the v8's can learn by your example smile.gif

Do I qualify Lars with a 12.3 and only 217rwkw??? tongue.gif mamoru.gif

VLCT WALKY
Post #78

QUOTE(Thumpin' 8 @ Aug 4 2008, 02:16 PM) [snapback]1282694583[/snapback]

Rotor's are not my cup of tea, but in saying that a quick car is a quick car and deserves the accolades. Roller told me it was capable of low nine's so well done on making that mark.

most definately

Thumpin' 8
Post #79

Cheers mate thumbsup.gif

Kaos308
Post #80

Does a 12.5 sec Stato qualify as quick for you Lars?

BTW, thanks heaps for the slicks, they were the reason the big girl went as fast as she did... wink.gif

Oh, and no scratches on your helmet tongue.gif

Cheers, Mick

VLCT WALKY
Post #81

QUOTE(Kaos308 @ Aug 4 2008, 03:50 PM) [snapback]1282694898[/snapback]

Does a 12.5 sec Stato qualify as quick for you Lars?

BTW, thanks heaps for the slicks, they were the reason the big girl went as fast as she did... wink.gif

Oh, and no scratches on your helmet tongue.gif

Cheers, Mick

dude, i was stocked, and you did better than what u thought which is even better!

unreal
Post #82

QUOTE(Thumpin' 8 @ Aug 4 2008, 01:16 PM) [snapback]1282694583[/snapback]

i say if your out there having fun then good onya u beat all the wanabe racers on the hill just by staging

Thumpin' 8
Post #83

Precisely. It's great fun and as long as you have that fun, who gives a rats what everyone else thinks??!!

unreal
Post #84

QUOTE(MissMicra @ Aug 3 2008, 06:32 PM) [snapback]1282691013[/snapback]

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lT5knP-hIeo
Brads passes. Scotty yours are uploading now mate.
Funny how Brad had one of the highest MPH on the list. Was not many faster than him.

come on the little dato did 150mph which is our quickest im pretty sure.. on that though brad was saying he had a better mph on our track that previous cant knock that ..

got asked afew times if he was dean (toyrota's)bro

Cobraed
Post #85

What failed on bad news

HSV_MALOO
Post #86

Whatever it was.....it was bad news mamoru.gif

unreal
Post #87

i know he had oil on his rh pipes and no belt left

jsttry
Post #88

Blower belt I believe. They're still perplexed as they've replaced nearly everything and it still blows belts.

Matt Abel also blew his belt. Tried 100% overdrive on Friday night and just fried the tyres. Then unfortunately one of his filters didn't get put back on properly before the finals and he had to shut it down after the burnout which handed the win to Sam Burt.

Also sad to see the hot rod of Glennis Wilkins from Alice Springs puting a hole in the block which ended her night early

Cobraed
Post #89

sounds like qn expensive night for a few racers

unreal
Post #90

yeah bronte did a trans aswell, craig knight had no oil pressure, but rustys car made it through the night was not performing to well but didnt break anything

ScUd'EsS
Post #91

todays NT News article

Mean speed machines

GREY MORRIS

August 6th, 2008

DARWIN dominated the Shan-non's 2008 NT Quarter Mile drag racing titles at Hidden Valley Dragstrip.

Eighty cars and bikes were watched by more than 2000 motorsports fans in a spectacular night of racing.

Defending Track Championship winner Sam Burt won the supercharged outlaw bracket in a final head-to-head battle with Matt Abel.

Abel unfortunately suffered mechanical problems and was unable to complete his pass, leaving Burt to take home the winners' cheque home with an 8.459sec at 170mph pass in his Bodyline Crash Holden HT Monaro.

The Modified Bike bracket saw the family tradition continue with husband and wife team Steve and Margie Parris racing off for the title.

Steve took overall honours against Wayne Griffin with his 8.599sec pass at 159mph. Margie was knocked out by Alice Springs entrant Darren Savage.

Street car entries were up this year, with 2007 runner-up Tony Gabel's new Holden VE ute winning the title against Mark Hancock with a time of 13.819sec at 101mph.

Several teams made their debut at the Hidden Valley track, including Alice Springs' Matt Watts in his Supercharged 1923 T Bucket.

Watts took over the reins from his veteran drag racing father Guy Watts to compete for the first time in Darwin.

Brad Baker debuted his rotary-powered Mazda RX7 and raised a few eyebrows in the process with his small but quick car recording a time of 9.223 sec at 148mph.

The night was not without its dramas with several teams unable to compete past the qualifying session held earlier in the day.

Alice Springs competitor and regular NT title contender Glennis Wilkins suffered terminal engine failure in her "Nan's Toy'' 32 Roadster, which meant an early pack up after travelling 1400km up the Stuart Highway.

Long-time Darwin racer Dennis Baylis also had a hair-raising ride when his supercharged altered lifted one wheel, causing him to spear through a track barrier and come to rest directly in front of the start line Christmas tree.

Ambulance crew were quick to attend and Dennis walked away from the serious incident with minor injuries.

jsttry
Post #92

X-Pozd Photography is moving house, Mel should be back online next week with photos of the big night.

unreal
Post #93

yeah i was wondering what was happening she usually has them up straight away

unreal
Post #94

as always mel has some awesome photos thumbsup.gif

http://x-pozd.com/ntevents/index.php?cPath...4a76f5340bd9ef5

IPB Image

Kaos308
Post #95

But not many of the S/ST or ST classes like normal, not happy....

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x