Shannons Nt Quarter Mile Titles - Saturday August 2nd  

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
Rattler
Post #36

QUOTE(SIKUNIT @ Aug 1 2008, 03:25 PM) [snapback]1282683303[/snapback]

And be bare breasted.

drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif drool.gif

You could imagine Al and Jordy down in the staging lanes! No bloody racing would be getting done! Ha!! bowrofl.gif

Cobraed
Post #37

Why do they have to wear boots dunno.gif

Ok closed in footwear wust be worn in staging lanes, ok I can live with that as long as they dont have spurs

Not only must they be bare breasted but BIG breasted as well but not huge thumbsup.gif

Rattler
Post #38

QUOTE(Cobraed @ Aug 1 2008, 03:44 PM) [snapback]1282683373[/snapback]

Why do they have to wear boots dunno.gif

Not just boots, but "f*#k me" boots which come over their knees! Much sexier!! drool.gif

Sorry girls if this offends

RalliSki
Post #39

QUOTE(Rattler @ Aug 1 2008, 03:51 PM) [snapback]1282683394[/snapback]

Not just boots, but "f*#k me" boots which come over their knees! Much sexier!! drool.gif

Sorry girls if this offends

oi can you send some to Brisbane for Drag Day on sunday when you're donw with them? That would be sick biggrin.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #40

keep it on topic please or thread will be closed and holidays will be served out

mamoru.gif

plus remember we are a family event thank you!

RalliSki
Post #41

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Aug 1 2008, 04:37 PM) [snapback]1282683599[/snapback]

keep it on topic please or thread will be closed and holidays will be served out

mamoru.gif

good luck with that

MissMicra
Post #42

QUOTE(jsttry @ Aug 1 2008, 12:05 PM) [snapback]1282682532[/snapback]

Unfortunately not. Have spent the last few weeks working with Top End Hire but the new controllers are completely different and the software developer that does all the work for us and Willowbank hasn't been able to re-write his software yet. sad.gif

Sorry Scotty, I really wanted to have the temporary boards in there for these events as I know how useful they are!

If anyone knows a developer in Darwin that would be interested in taking a look for future events...?

YEah ok Jay. Some more lies would not go astrey. Take your shit elsewhere,

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Aug 1 2008, 12:18 PM) [snapback]1282682586[/snapback]

go on Jay let it all out... head_wall.gif head_wall.gif head_wall.gif head_wall.gif head_wall.gif

Hahahaha nice one. But we all know he will only let out what suits him.

QUOTE(Rattler @ Aug 1 2008, 03:14 PM) [snapback]1282683264[/snapback]

Hmmmmm........ ok Jay, we have 12mths until the next one so what are our chances of having them for the 2009 NT Titles??? thumbsup.gif

Dont hold your breath mate. Not with the leadership that is going on in that place. Bring on the Nominations for next years president.

jsttry
Post #43

Before all the talk about boobs etc, yes Scotty, will be ready for 2009 as by then should have a complete new timing system including 48" permanent display boards smile.gif

Reasonable turnout tonight for the testing. Few new cars that haven't been seen before and a couple more that were there sorting out gremlins. Gave everyone a chance to test out before tomorrow's big day!

Also check out the Game On section of Friday's paper - there was an article in there!

Cobraed
Post #44

Isnt this how familys start

To many of the old hands were their with glass you should no better so only bring cans like I did you naughty people

spyder6052
Post #45

well what a show...........

wasnt looking good from the very first run......

would of liked to see a run between dave carter and rattler

both cars sounded tough.... real tough smile.gif

and was very impressed with brad baker's rx7.... 9.22sec very impressive, has anyone got pics of his wheelie bar set up looked interesting

glad dennis is ok, was a nasty crash

and what was the go with most of the super street cars getting passed by scruiteneering on friday and told they couldnt run on saturday cause of no mufflers????

way to turn competitors away from racing.......

Cobraed
Post #46

What did rattler end up running?
Did derreck run his new car?
What was the go with Dennis crash?
unfortunately we didnt go so curios

spyder6052
Post #47

cant remember what rattler run soz.

derreck wasnt there

Dennis busted an axel and smashed into the armaco around the christmas tree (done a good job of paralel parking it in the middle of the track)

13rok3nFaith
Post #48

Well last night was the first time in almost a year I've been down to watch the drag racing, and I must say I was quite impressed.

The night seemed to run fairly smoothly, a few of the little accidents and the rather nasty one where cleaned up quickly and things got going again quite quickly, and there seemed to be a severe lack of drunken yobbo's on the hill which I was most impressed with.

All in all, it was an enjoyable night, I'd say worth the $20.

incubus
Post #49

brad's launch on his last run was fucking sick as

mel, FFS buy benny a chev for the scud

ScUd'EsS
Post #50

Few dramas at the start with seeding and some cars having gremlins in them.. Therefore a delay at the start - but hey thats racing for ya!
Dennis didnt break an axel - rumours are his slick didnt grip on left over oil down from a previous competitor therefore throwing him into the armco surounding the tree (similar to Troy Critchley!) He's ok - bit bruised in the man places and is prob feeling the pain this morning! Prob a bit thankful it happened at the start line and not 3/4 track at full speed! From the reports he has bent the chassis and broken things in the imediate front end - fuel tank etc..
Unfortunately Sperrers car was not able to be tech inspected so he was not able to run.

Huge congrats to Rattler - awesome job on your first run! Hows your exhaust though looks like she has been shaved down a little!! mamoru.gif
And your grandson looked cute!!
Troy David managed to trick everyone ripping some nice skids in Phils car! People thought ol Phil had been to skid school in the off season mamoru.gif
Well done to Brad - huge expectations on you and by the runs i saw and the comments on the hill you impressed every time.. Hope the local pit crew worked for you though tongue.gif

Big thanks to all the Alice crew - huge effort to come up and some unfortunately only made one run sad.gif look forward to partying with you all at your home track.

For those who didnt hear the scud blew a head gasket on the first run - gave the poor camera man something to dodge when sparks came flying out off the start line. Our next trip is to ASID.

Overall a good crowd on the hill, good field of racers and not too many dramas!

Street meet is back on Friday 15th.

VWRX
Post #51

9.2 1/4 to Brad's RX7 .... hat's off to you dude....

Congrats to all other competitors and event organisers too.

RBNT
Post #52

Nice work Brad. Couldnt get down there myself, had a bit of Timor tummy. Dodgy roof chicken.

Thumpin' 8
Post #53

Rattler ran an 11.4 I think. Great effort for his first time in a long time with new machinery.

Congrats also to Kaos in his barge (Statesman) running a 12.5 on his first night out in it with the new cam etc. Beat me in my last run by reaction!

I had a great night, setting an even lower LS1 bolt on only time of 12.375@111mph.

It was also good to see a few more street cars there too. COngrats to all.

HSV_MALOO
Post #54

Here are some photos of the crash not the best but for those who missed it...!!

Rattler
Post #55

What a great night!! Rattler ran 12.4, then 11.7 and then did a best of 11.4@120mph! I'm wrapped considering it was my 1st run with this setup and a brand new clutch (was bedding it in on the back half of the track between 1-2:30pm). The new Textralia triple plater held up well, but my last Mal Wood Stage VI clutch I had 10" of play, this new one I have only 3"!! So that was rather difficult to get used to also!

When we were fitting up the new tailshaft Saturday morning, we found the the uni and the yolk were different sizes so we had to put the standard one back in and do baby launches! The only time I launched over 2000rpm was when I got the 11.4 and that was at 4000rpm (I was very nervous) so can't wait for the new tailshaft so I can launch over 5000rpm!! I had the option to not run at all, but I'm glad I did as I really needed the bloody practice!! I also found that 3:9's are just wayyy to high as I was on the limiter in 4th around 50-70m from the finish line but I wasn't changing to 5th!! Don't ask me why, I was just wrapped up in the moment and thinking to myself that I've ran out of fuel as she just stopped making power! Doh!! 3:4s will be going in before her next open meet run and the new yolk for the beefy tailshaft will also be here!

Atleast I didn't brake anything so I'll be back to knock on the door for that illusive 10sec pass!! thumbsup.gif

Thanks to Mel, BJ, Bazza, Mick, Jay and Tinka for their support throughout the night!

Brads RX7 is absolutely awesome!! It was all the chatter in the staging lanes along with the white XY Falcon ute with the Jerico gearbox as he also ran a PB of 9.3@147mph (not exact on that one)!

Rattler
IPB Image

My grandson with his "My Inheritance" t-shirt on
IPB Image

Scotty

Cobraed
Post #56

Well done Scott

unreal
Post #57

what a night hay bloody scud did a 9.5 @150mph in qualifying then came out for first round and shot sparks all over the track but buc13 incubus and myself got to feel the power standing between matt able and ben... fuck it was nuts!!!

and as a bogan v8 wanker i went and spoke to brad and was very impressed with his car. was quite funny at the end of the night a group of old time v8 racers were scratching their head when brad told them he was running it at 19 pound but was tuned on 28

was not sure where sikunit was last time i spoke to him he was going to race??? good to see riphsv out on the track

RBNT
Post #58

Geeze ben you gotta stop calling yourself that (BV8W), you'll end up believing it soon smile.gif

Well done on your first time out Scott, should be easy 10's out of your car in the future.

I think we'll see Brad storming into the 8's soon.

jsttry
Post #59

A good night by the look of all reports.

A race by race blow is listed at
http://www.hiddenvalleydrags.com/raceresul...lts20080802.pdf

Action:
Nearly 80 competitors
The Hot Rod of Glennis Wilkins from Alice Springs suffered terminal engine failure during qualifying which ended the session early. Unfortunately after travelling 1400km it was a sad day for Wilkins.
Dennis Baylis crash – was not caused by oil, was due to excessive power unloading car onto the wheelie bars which then lifted one of the rear wheels, shooting him hard right and seeing him parked directly in front of the Christmas tree. Other than a sore groin and shins he was OK but car is likely written off.
Unfortunately reining Supercharged Outlaw reining NT Champion Jay Henning suffered electrical problems throughout the event only putting down one competitive pass on Saturday night of 8.058 at 164mph. The win going to Sam Burt in the Bodyline Crash Holden HT Monaro.
The Modified Bike bracket was a real family affair with Steve Paris taking out the win against Wayne Griffin. The 2007 NT Champion, Margie Paris was knocked out by Alice Springs competitor, Darren Savage.
2008 was again a good year, this time Tony Gabel netting the winners trophy over Mark Hancock in the Street class after his second place standing from 2007.

Also a lot of new PB's and as has been said, a lot of interest shown in Brad's RX7. Spoke to him this arvo and he is wrapped. Appears the line locker was causing issues and he disconnected for his final pass which netted his 9.22sec run.

Winners:

Supercharged Outlaws
First – Sam Burt – Holden HT Monaro
Runner Up – Matt Abel – Ford Capri

Super Sedan
First – Peter Kirkpatrick – Holden HQ Tonner
Runner Up – Dietter Herrmann – Holden HG Monaro

Modified Bike
First – Steve Paris – Trac Dynamics Pro Bike
Runner Up – Wayne Griffin – Suzuki GSX1100

Super Street
First - Grant Radcliffe – Pontiac Firebird
Runner Up - Des Rogers – Holden WB Ute

Street Bike
First – Damon Kingsbury – Suzuki GSXR
Runner Up – Mike Lockhart – Harley Davidson

Street
First – Tony Gabel – Holden VE Ute
Runner Up – Mark Hancock – Ford Fairlane

MissMicra
Post #60

funny how one rotor made such a stir. Maybe when you stop being blind then the other rotors might get a shot hey. Or would they still not pull the crowd Jay?

ROLLER
Post #61

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Aug 3 2008, 12:14 PM) [snapback]1282689431[/snapback]

Well done to Brad - huge expectations on you and by the runs i saw and the comments on the hill you impressed every time.. Hope the local pit crew worked for you though tongue.gif

Hey Hey the local pit crew was teh leetest crew there!!

So wrapped it all unwrapped on the last pass... I couldn't get to sleep till nearly 4 I was still buzzing...

Will be there next meet with bells on to Pit again. facesjump.gif

Kaos308
Post #62

Errr.... Jay, I don't know where some of the times came from on that list, but they sure as hell weren't me!! 13.1 was my slowest for the evening, and that was first qualifying run... Dunno who did those other passes!! tongue.gif

Cheers, Mick

MissMicra
Post #63

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=lT5knP-hIeo

Brads passes. Scotty yours are uploading now mate.

Funny how Brad had one of the highest MPH on the list. Was not many faster than him.

MissMicra
Post #64

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MSMiW9Z_NlE

Rattler at the drags

jsttry
Post #65

there is a glitch in the database so if its a solo run it will show the times from the previous pass in that lane. Its why you never see a pass with only one set of numbers

rally_beast
Post #66

QUOTE(Rattler @ Aug 3 2008, 02:50 PM) [snapback]1282689905[/snapback]

Rattler
IPB Image

My grandson with his "My Inheritance" t-shirt on
IPB Image
Scotty

haha thats the coolest shirt

and is it just me or does Rattler look black in that pic?

unreal
Post #67

QUOTE(RBNT @ Aug 3 2008, 04:25 PM) [snapback]1282690165[/snapback]

Geeze ben you gotta stop calling yourself that (BV8W), you'll end up believing it soon smile.gif

Well done on your first time out Scott, should be easy 10's out of your car in the future.

I think we'll see Brad storming into the 8's soon.

na im all good i have broad shoulders and just keep the happy so they dont think im going soft after chatting with them in the pits last night...

a picture off my phone of dennis' altered.. thank god for racing harness but his man hood will be very sore

IPB Image

RIPHSV
Post #69

QUOTE(unreal @ Aug 3 2008, 05:04 PM) [snapback]1282690100[/snapback]

what a night hay bloody scud did a 9.5 @150mph in qualifying then came out for first round and shot sparks all over the track but buc13 incubus and myself got to feel the power standing between matt able and ben... fuck it was nuts!!!

and as a bogan v8 wanker i went and spoke to brad and was very impressed with his car. was quite funny at the end of the night a group of old time v8 racers were scratching their head when brad told them he was running it at 19 pound but was tuned on 28

was not sure where sikunit was last time i spoke to him he was going to race??? good to see riphsv out on the track

cheers dude, its was good 2 finnally get back into it, was hopin 2 run faster but was not 2 be. or though was expecting around 14.5 to b my fastest, got down to 14.1 so was happy with that.
gota pull the finger out now an put the gas on.
ps benny let us know if u are gunna buy slicks, ill grab some at the same time dude thumbsup.gif

anyone got any photos of the night???? im after a good one of me clubslart. cheers.

buzurkracing
Post #70

QUOTE(ITSSWAR @ Jun 30 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1282546299[/snapback]

Not taking a dig or away from the fact that your car did a 9sec which is awesome but do you expect to get those times up here.....? With you know track condition and temperatures and what not.....?

answered!

QUOTE(jsttry @ Jun 30 2008, 07:54 PM) [snapback]1282547524[/snapback]

I'd estimate a 9.6. Brad's done some awesome work on this car, last I saw was a private test session in November 06 at Hidden Valley when he and I were both fighting over 11's. Totally different car now!

But you're all too slow, I posted in the Hidden Valley thread already tongue.gif

Can't wait to see it back!

pretty close Jay.....you called scotties pretty close too.

was a good night and good turn out of cars. to bad for SCUD but you had a pretty big match up. was good to see scotty out there getting over the nerves,troy did a good job pushings phils car into the 11's,not to mention the huge skids.
with more track time we should see both scotty and brad drop their times. well done guys. thumbsup.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x