Shannons Nt Quarter Mile Titles - Saturday August 2nd  

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
ScUd'EsS
  • ScUd'EsS
  • if it aint a V8 - i aint interested!
  • Member No.: 62,268
Post #1 post 22nd July 2008 - 08:26 PM
Saturday 2nd August will see the Territory’s finest drag cars head back to Hidden Valley International Drag Strip to battle it out for the title of NT Champion at the Shannons 2008 NT Quarter Mile Titles.

Fresh from his first ever 6 second pass in June this year, Bronte Henning is sure to put up a fight in the Supercharged Outlaw bracket against his son, and reining NT Champion, Jay Henning. Young Jay Henning will have some tough competition with Laura Kuss and Dennis Baylis also in fine form.

2008 will see some lively rivalry with a contingent of Alice Springs racers making the journey north including 22 year old Matt Watts in his Supercharged 1923 modified T Bucket. Matt has a personal best of 8.0 seconds so is going to be a good match for Henning who has recorded passes as quick as 7.5 seconds at 170mph.

Current 2008 points leader Grant Radcliffe is sure to be back out leading the pack in the Autobarn Super Street bracket while Modified Bike rider Scott White has shown recent success at the Southern Cross Television Night of Thunder.

Several new cars are set to make their debut including the rotary powered Mazda RX7 of Brad Baker. Baker has been competing interstate at Western Sydney for the past 12 months and he is set to stir up the V8 dominated Super Sedan bracket. With the car running several 9 second passes at over 147mph, Baker will be a dark horse in the competition.

Friday August 1st – Qualifying from 6pm
Saturday August 2nd
Gates open at 1pm
Qualifying 3-6pm
Racing from 7.00pm
Adults $20, Family $40, children under 15 FREE.

Proudly supported by; Shannons, Hidden Valley Tavern, Motorsports NT, Hot 100, Southern Cross Television, Combined Communication Solutions and Autobarn Darwin.

--------------------
"YOU'RE NOT KNOWN UNLESS YOUR BLOWN"

*CLICK HERE* YouTube Vid - SCUD 2nd Place 2009 Gazzanats ~ Winner of 'Toughest Ride' Award

If it aint a V8 - I aint interested!
supraddict
Post #2

Sounds good hopefully Brads car does well up here..... Definately gunna stir the pot tongue.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #3

sorry forgot to mention

ALL CLASSES ARE WELCOME!

and i would encourage Streeters to get out there and claim the Championship Title..

**PRIZE $$ will be doubled for this event** hsdance.gif

Thumpin' 8
Post #4

Grant if you read this, there will be no red light this time for an easy pass into the Super Street finals!!!! lol

Hope to see you all there

Rattler
Post #5

Slicks, clutch and standard brakes are here, just waiting on chro-moly tailshaft to roll up (hopefully tomorrow) then to RIU on Monday to have everything fitted! thumbsup.gif

Will be at the Titles with bells on but will also be nervous as all hell!! ohnoes.gif

RBNT
Post #6

Ill have a run, albeit without 3rd gear, leaking exhuast manifold and wet season tune. Should be fun:(

Cobraed
Post #7

Why is the sco getting so much prize money for a bracket that has yet to prove reliable and will probably only produce about 10 paired passes

jsttry
Post #8

Sitting at the show grounds tonight and its damn cold! Lets hope this weather keeps up, was too hot last time!

UZZ30_Soarer
Post #9

I'll be there on the hill as it stands at the moment...
Soarer still not back together sad.gif

buzurkracing
Post #10

QUOTE(jsttry @ Jul 25 2008, 09:24 PM) [snapback]1282655099[/snapback]

Sitting at the show grounds tonight and its damn cold! Lets hope this weather keeps up, was too hot last time!

oh yeah left the movies lastnight at 10.30 ish and damn.

should be a good night for all.will be there to see Brad's lil rotor making its first meet back home drool.gif

unreal
Post #11

no it will heat up agen you watch just to piss us off and as a bogan v8 moron retarded wanker im looking forward to seeing the rx7 at hidden valley

oh and hope Aaron brings his car out too love the oldsmobile

buzurkracing
Post #12

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 26 2008, 05:31 PM) [snapback]1282657449[/snapback]

no it will heat up agen you watch just to piss us off and as a bogan v8 moron retarded wanker im looking forward to seeing the rx7 at hidden valley

oh and hope Aaron brings his car out too love the oldsmobile

why so harsh on yourself Ben? yes looking forward to see Aarons car again

spyder6052
Post #13

QUOTE(buzurkracing @ Jul 26 2008, 05:09 PM) [snapback]1282657476[/snapback]

why so harsh on yourself Ben? yes looking forward to see Aarons car again

because everyone knows it's the truth tongue.gif

Cobraed
Post #14

Will try and find out if Aaron is going as I recon its the best car racing in Darwin at the moment

unreal
Post #15

QUOTE(Cobraed @ Jul 26 2008, 10:53 PM) [snapback]1282658699[/snapback]

Will try and find out if Aaron is going as I recon its the best car racing in Darwin at the moment

yeah second that his car is wild its almost as good as scud hay BOSS...

heard hqrat is bringing his new ute up aswell should be a fair few cars there, anyway iv been seeing heaps of adds for saturday night love your work

ScUd'EsS
Post #16

Yeah go SCUD the top doorslammer mamoru.gif

MissMicra
Post #17

tis the only one worth watching and that is only cos it does skids LOL

buzurkracing
Post #18

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Jul 27 2008, 10:10 PM) [snapback]1282662020[/snapback]

Yeah go SCUD the top doorslammer mamoru.gif

whos slamming the doors on scud? mamoru.gif

SCUD built for skids,made to go fast. thumbsup.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #19

QUOTE(MissMicra @ Jul 27 2008, 11:19 PM) [snapback]1282662284[/snapback]

tis the only one worth watching and that is only cos it does skids LOL

you take that back missy! there will be a rotar there and if I see your other halves eyes off that car once all night he's in BIG trouble tongue.gif

QUOTE(buzurkracing @ Jul 27 2008, 11:20 PM) [snapback]1282662293[/snapback]

whos slamming the doors on scud? mamoru.gif

SCUD built for skids,made to go fast. thumbsup.gif

you be quiet you
your just happy you got a Jambo buddy now mamoru.gif

buzurkracing
Post #20

ah yes young whipper snapper,may the brap be strong in you. tongue.gif

unreal
Post #21

they reckon that we can expect more cool weather from the big high in the bite please be cold saturday night..

VLCT WALKY
Post #22

QUOTE(RBNT @ Jul 23 2008, 07:10 PM) [snapback]1282644807[/snapback]

Ill have a run, albeit without 3rd gear, leaking exhuast manifold and wet season tune. Should be fun:(

she will be right ken smile.gif

premium fuel is where it's at smile.gif

on that note, has anyone had any issue with bp ultimate lately, as in car's running rough etc?

spyder6052
Post #23

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jul 28 2008, 10:58 PM) [snapback]1282667795[/snapback]

on that note, has anyone had any issue with bp ultimate lately, as in car's running rough etc?

ultimate has always been hit and miss with its octane levels (apparently there is no aus standard for the octane level so it can be between 92- 98) where as PULP has to be at 95 minimum.....

PULP FTW

this info came from weights and measures nt gov.

Pure-SX
Post #24

Interesting, I remember someone talking about that as well.

Last few lots of Ultimate I have got for the Levin have been fine though

jsttry
Post #25

Well Brad has his tyres here and is all set. Also know a couple of street and super street cars coming out. I believe Lars lent a set of tyres to a Statesman? smile.gif

Qualifying session on tomorrow night if people need another practice session. From 6pm. No bar/catering available though.

Main event is on Saturday with gates open 1pm, qualifying 3-6pm and racing from 7pm.

Remember double prize money is up for grabs so for Street and Street Bike that means $300 first and $150 second place while Super Street is $600 first place and $300 second place.

rally_beast
Post #26

will there be any circle work or just straight line stufF?

jsttry
Post #27

Just straight line stuff, burnout comps are normally at the end of the year. We just had all new line marking done so don't want to destroy it for the rest of the season.

Rattler
Post #28

Will there be timing boards for the NT Titles? dunno.gif

jsttry
Post #29

Unfortunately not. Have spent the last few weeks working with Top End Hire but the new controllers are completely different and the software developer that does all the work for us and Willowbank hasn't been able to re-write his software yet. sad.gif

Sorry Scotty, I really wanted to have the temporary boards in there for these events as I know how useful they are!

If anyone knows a developer in Darwin that would be interested in taking a look for future events...?

ScUd'EsS
Post #30

QUOTE(jsttry @ Aug 1 2008, 12:35 PM) [snapback]1282682532[/snapback]

Unfortunately not. Have spent the last few weeks working with Top End Hire but the new controllers are completely different and the software developer that does all the work for us and Willowbank hasn't been able to re-write his software yet. sad.gif

Sorry Scotty, I really wanted to have the temporary boards in there for these events as I know how useful they are!

If anyone knows a developer in Darwin that would be interested in taking a look for future events...?

go on Jay let it all out... head_wall.gif head_wall.gif head_wall.gif head_wall.gif head_wall.gif

mamoru.gif

Cobraed
Post #31

Why not get a couple of really hot chicks with white boards to parade in front of the cars with their dial ins writen on the whiteboards. mamoru.gif mamoru.gif

Rattler
Post #32

QUOTE(jsttry @ Aug 1 2008, 12:05 PM) [snapback]1282682532[/snapback]

Hmmmmm........ ok Jay, we have 12mths until the next one so what are our chances of having them for the 2009 NT Titles??? thumbsup.gif

14/88
Post #33

QUOTE(Cobraed @ Aug 1 2008, 03:16 PM) [snapback]1282683160[/snapback]

Why not get a couple of really hot chicks with white boards to parade in front of the cars with their dial ins writen on the whiteboards. mamoru.gif mamoru.gif

we have a winner!

so are the finals tomorrow night?

Rattler
Post #34

QUOTE(Cobraed @ Aug 1 2008, 02:46 PM) [snapback]1282683160[/snapback]

I 2nd that motion and I'm sure we'd get a 3rd!! drool.gif DONE!! They need to wear "f*#k me" boots also!! hsdance.gif

SIKUNIT
Post #35

And be bare breasted.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 3
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x