What Are A Lot Of Km For A Bike?  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
s13viper
Post #36

my bike, 93,456km as of today, 25,000 ridden by me. I have done oil every 5k, and checked everything every 10k. It still rides as well as the day i got it.

Honda realibility is sweet, AS long as its looked after. When u get a bike that revs to 20,000rpm it NEEDS to be looked after, i allways warm it up b4 giving it some, i always let it settle, i do oil changes every 5k and its as awesome as the day i got it, revs so sweetly you would think its a brand new engine.

HYBRID_AE86
Post #37

my bike has seen the dealership twice.. 1- when i bought it, and 2- warrenty work on a power delivery problem (efi and fly-by-wire makes it a little difficult to fix yourself without the proper diagnostic tools).

i do most of my own work unless it is mead machining or something, then they will assemble head, and i'll finish it off.

i love working on my own bike, although it is not a matter of choice, i simply cannot afford to take it to another mechanic/dealership.
i agree with yoshi1000 in alot of areas in regards to better construction of motorcycles these days as well as better lubricants available on the market, and servicing is the key to having a reliable high "k" bike.
but we have to face it, not everyone services their bike, delays servicing, or we get the back yarder that doesn't exactly know what he is doing and causes more damage than good.
a few mates have very high k bikes, CBR250RR - 112***k's, VFR400 80***k's+, KLX650 beleive it or not, over 70***k's...
all of these bikes are in reasonable condition, but they know when it sale time, they will get 1/5 of f*ck all for them.

i had to laugh when yoshi1000 mentioned high k' reliabilty with cars comment. i used to argue points with other mechanics that would say the exactly the same thing. it got to a point where i would agree to disagree, just to get their narrow minded heads to keep quiet.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x