Southern Cross Telelvision - Night Of Thunder - Saturday July 19th  

Page 3 of 5
Jump to page
spyder6052
Post #72

QUOTE(buzurkracing @ Jul 17 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]1282621977[/snapback]

so you were educating the public about the Brays racing team????
so why cant the same be done with some sportcompact cars for next year?????

because everone knows there is NO substitute for cubes thumbsup.gif ph34r.gif beer.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #73

get a tissue TROY! the boys are here and the valley is gonna rock tomorrow night!!

hyper.gif

even YOU will wet your pants!! thumbsup.gif

incubus
Post #74

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Jul 18 2008, 04:22 PM) [snapback]1282623646[/snapback]

get a tissue TROY! the boys are here and the valley is gonna rock tomorrow night!!

hyper.gif

even YOU will wet your pants!! thumbsup.gif

you have theo hidden up here somewhere don't you...

buzurkracing
Post #75

QUOTE(Thumpin' 8 @ Jul 18 2008, 07:26 AM) [snapback]1282622306[/snapback]

Ask centre management if you can put whatshisname and somebloke's car from sports compact in the centre for some advertising and they are gonna say "who"???? Then ask to put Victor and Ben Brays cars in there and they are gonna say "Gladly"....

There was no educating. The cars were on display, no-one was there when I walked past except a TV playing some local racing so there was no education going on, except they were here and Night of Thunder was on.

Same whinge, same story, different day.

just asking a question,how is that whinging?
at least im willing to stand up and ask to see a change,i find that hardly whinging.
as for the centre management they let the PC boys in,so why wouldnt they let some sportcompact boys in?
anywayz...im over bashing my head against a brick,will just fly south to see the racing,and let the president of the hidden valley v8 drag racing association bring up the same acts each year.

cheers thumbsup.gif

jsttry
Post #76

Well spent another day at the track, that's at least 4-6hrs each day plus at least 6hrs arranging other stuff, damn lucky I took the week off work smile.gif Too bad about the housework and other things I had to do smile.gif

All appears to be set, a couple of little things to go up tomorrow and its all go for tomorrow night smile.gif

Don't worry Troy, your ideas haven't fallen on deaf ears - lets talk well before next year

PS, I may own a V8 but I also own a 6cyl turbo (diesel). Doesn't worry me what the show is, as long as its an AWESOME show for the drag racing fans of the NT smile.gif

JSTTRY
President of Hidden Valley V8 Drag Racing Association cool.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #77

What an awesome night of racing at the Southern Cross Television Night of Thunder! A packed crowd witnessed Ben Brays first ever run at HV in his Monaro crack the track record at a 6.62 @ 191 mph! Laura Kuss out run Ben on his next run, Local Matt Abel beat Victor in a spine raising run.
The crowd witnessed 2 marriage proposals over the speakers - with both accepting! Scud ran 4th fastets qualifying and a final run of 9.40!

Cant Wait for the Shannons NT Quarter Mile Championships on August 2nd!

*fixed time!

rally_beast
Post #78

spotted: SCUD!!!!

jsttry
Post #79

Hope everyone enjoyed it. Its a lot of hard work to put on something like this and we do it for the love of the sport. To see it come off so smoothly is great!

unreal
Post #80

QUOTE(buzurkracing @ Jul 18 2008, 05:35 PM) [snapback]1282624047[/snapback]

just asking a question,how is that whinging?
at least im willing to stand up and ask to see a change,i find that hardly whinging.
as for the centre management they let the PC boys in,so why wouldnt they let some sportcompact boys in?
anywayz...im over bashing my head against a brick,will just fly south to see the racing,and let the president of the hidden valley v8 drag racing association bring up the same acts each year.
cheers thumbsup.gif

considering bray has not been here in 4 years is hardly the same act.. the crown was massive last night and you can not tell anyone that you would get that bigger crowd without a name!!!!!

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Jul 20 2008, 12:23 AM) [snapback]1282628635[/snapback]

What an awesome night of racing at the Southern Cross Television Night of Thunder! A packed crowd witnessed Ben Brays first ever run at HV in his Monaro crack the track record at a 6.62 @ 191 mph! Laura Kuss out run Ben on his next run, Local Matt Abel beat Victor in a spine raising run.
The crowd witnessed 2 marriage proposals over the speakers - with both accepting! Scud ran 4th fastets qualifying and a final run of 9.04!

Cant Wait for the Shannons NT Quarter Mile Championships on August 2nd!

um mel it was 9.4 not bad for a 351

incubus
Post #81

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 20 2008, 09:52 AM) [snapback]1282628968[/snapback]

i reckon 8's are do-able for the titles ben... i mean chief

thumbsup.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #82

Yeah it was supposed to say that! mamoru.gif
Sorry it was a loooong night!
Try 9.40....

spyder6052
Post #83

was a good night. glad i got there relitively early, and i think this was the first meet that i have been to that didnt have any technical/mechanical problems holding up the night

congrats guys very well put on show smile.gif

the dog was the best car there without a doubt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCwV5yXVyfw

unreal
Post #84

just want to thank victor and ben for helping out with a few issues we had with scud they got their team to reweld scuds headers and then we have a problem with the hat icing up after ben reverses and ben bray even came out to the start line to check it out.. thanx mate your a champ thumbsup.gif

spyder6052
Post #85

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 20 2008, 11:12 AM) [snapback]1282629125[/snapback]

just want to thank victor and ben for helping out with a few issues we had with scud they got their team to reweld scuds headers and then we have a problem with the hat icing up after ben reverses and ben bray even came out to the start line to check it out.. thanx mate your a champ thumbsup.gif

so something did break on scud..... and heres me thinkin that scud went three in a row with no problems tongue.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OFPhGLd-DY smile.gif

drift_ke70
Post #86

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 20 2008, 10:22 AM) [snapback]1282628968[/snapback]

considering bray has not been here in 4 years is hardly the same act.. the crown was massive last night and you can not tell anyone that you would get that bigger crowd without a name!!!!!

FFS Ben they have names and to people that know they are big names. Do you not know Tony Wedlock? You should came from your side of the sport and switched fields. Meh what ever was a good night pitty we did not get to see the biggest name do a full pass. I spoke to alot of people that said it was a let down and alot of people that said the night did not move along quick enough massive waits between races. But that is their opinions i am sure others had different ones. I for one thought it was good and loved seeing the Local guys comeout on top. Got some good video.

Bring on NT titles. Brad and Ken will be great to watch i reckon. Well if Ken would man up and put the T04z on it with bigger injectors fuel pump and the 250 shot of Gas. We say bye bye most other street cars in Darwin.

unreal
Post #87

yeah i do know of wedlock and we all know there will be mixed felling for the night. i for one didnt know victor had problems but i was a busy boy. and i totally agree that we need the stagea out there and i heard ed maybe heading back up here so it will open eyes..

i still think the crowd last night came to watch the brays so maybe we could ask them to bring the dato and theo next time and see what happens after all its still castrol racing

VLCT WALKY
Post #88

yeap and they can bring pac smile.gif as after all there castrol toooooooooooooooooooooo

incubus
Post #89

get off the band wagon ppl FFS.

yeah it'd be hell wicked if they brought a few of the sport compact guys up.
but just accept that night everyone had a phat time and at the end of the day racing is racing.

buzurkracing
Post #90

yeap was a good night,had an early night at home.
lets drop the whole sportcompact thing as its pretty clear you need BIG names to race at the valley. thumbsup.gif Pac,Rotormaster,Wedlock and the others clearly not big enough. over and out.....................

HSV_MALOO
Post #91

omg what?? did you just say that....??

What i've been saying all along.....

pac need to make a name for themselves south..... before they can be bought up here!!

But you can't say last night wasn't a good night track record broken, no major oil downs the night ran so well

thanks to all the vollys and HVDRA for a fantastic night of racing...!!

VLCT WALKY
Post #92

amanda, i have to ask, how many of the V8 big people as the retards on here keeps saying send there engine's all over the world for all sorts of motorsport not just drag racing.

i recon next to none of them, so before u look really stupid shut up!

they have had a name for well over 10 years, just not everyone is dumb enough to think v8's are the world and shows just how small narrow stupid mind of alot of people in Darwin are, there are many other engine's out there!

buzurkracing
Post #93

QUOTE(HSV_MALOO @ Jul 20 2008, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1282629524[/snapback]

pac need to make a name for themselves south..... before they can be bought up here!!

But you can't say last night wasn't a good night track record broken, no major oil downs the night ran so well

pull your fucken head in,they are big down south. its all the dumb arseholes up here who are one minded,cant be bothered looking out side of their comfort zone.

i would hardly call the night successful when i was leaving so early(10 oclock) and so were alot of other ppl. will be more than happy to spend my money interstate at race meets where variety is accepted and encouraged.

drift_ke70
Post #94

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 20 2008, 12:56 PM) [snapback]1282629335[/snapback]

yeah i do know of wedlock and we all know there will be mixed felling for the night. i for one didnt know victor had problems but i was a busy boy. and i totally agree that we need the stagea out there and i heard ed maybe heading back up here so it will open eyes..

i still think the crowd last night came to watch the brays so maybe we could ask them to bring the dato and theo next time and see what happens after all its still castrol racing

Yeah now your talkin theo and the datto is all i am asking. That would be great.

QUOTE(incubus @ Jul 20 2008, 01:06 PM) [snapback]1282629357[/snapback]

get off the band wagon ppl FFS.

yeah it'd be hell wicked if they brought a few of the sport compact guys up.
but just accept that night everyone had a phat time and at the end of the day racing is racing.

You shut up were making a point and most with the exception of Mandy are listening and in some way agreeing.

QUOTE(HSV_MALOO @ Jul 20 2008, 02:22 PM) [snapback]1282629524[/snapback]

Yes he did and you now look like the dumbest girl on this site. PAC are big names all around the world.... Some people have no idea. Oh well Bring on Jambo... Mel you dont have long to book those free tickets to come along will be a graeat time with us all running a muk.

unreal
Post #95

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jul 20 2008, 02:01 PM) [snapback]1282629539[/snapback]

amanda, i have to ask, how many of the V8 big people as the retards on here keeps saying send there engine's all over the world for all sorts of motorsport not just drag racing.

they have had a name for well over 10 years, just not everyone is dumb enough to think v8's are the world and shows just how small narrow stupid mind of alot of people in Darwin are, there are many other engine's out there!

well if we are so narrow minded then why are there so many v8s at the drags perhaps if all the rbs, rotors and 4 cyls that are in darwin came out to play we wouldnt have this split opinon

spyder6052
Post #96

QUOTE(buzurkracing @ Jul 20 2008, 02:12 PM) [snapback]1282629566[/snapback]

pull your fucken head in,they are big down south. its all the dumb arseholes up here who are one minded,cant be bothered looking out side of their comfort zone.

i would hardly call the night successful when i was leaving so early(10 oclock) and so were alot of other ppl. will be more than happy to spend my money interstate at race meets where variety is accepted and encouraged.

fark me troy cry more.... if you hate the v8's so much why in hell did you go down there..
they maybe big down south, BUT, we are not down south are we.......... we dont get access to these people on a regular basis so ofcourse they arent going to be as popular/well known up here

teaspoon of cement mate tongue.gif

i would say the night was very successful, and i usually only go to catch up with mates

and stiff shit if the bray's didnt do so well, as already said ben cracked the track record and Jay, Laura and Matty all got wins over 2 of the biggest (if not the biggest) names in australian dragracing

and for what its worth i would much rather see top-fuelers, funny-cars and pro-stock bikes up here before sport compact....

ScUd'EsS
Post #97

and i take offense to being called narrow minded angry.gif

i was only ever bought up on v8's are drag/race cars - it has taken education for me to learn about the 'other' options out there.
and i for one was also disappointed when i saw PAC for the first time at willow bank recently - but im OPEN minded enough to realize that is unfortunately just how racing goes... one race your car is sweet - the next it is not... any car/team, can have that problem... Bronte pulled a 6 sec pass last round - then he broke in qualifying last night... bad luck of the draw i say!

Jay and i had discussions with Victor and Ben about the PAC and Sport compact issue last night - so plans are under discussion. beer.gif

The only complaint i have from last night it was too bloody hot - most "big' nights we have you are freezin in the pits after racing but last night i couldn't even be bothered drinking it was too hot!

Thanks all to those who came and enjoyed the night - HVDRA continues to bring you top quality racing to the NT and with the facility upgrades hopefully we will enjoy teams scrambling to come up and perform for you!

buzurkracing
Post #98

Mel you have PM

should i bring the teaspoon to work with me Jason or will you have one tongue.gif

jsttry
Post #99

OK the sports compact discussions have been taken on board and I do not want to see any more attacks from either side!!!!

Now on to more important things about THE EVENT. What did people think of other aspects of the night and what can be improved on? Things like was there enough food outlets, were the kids rides well received, were there any incidents or things to fix for next time.....or better yet, were there any things you loved that we should DEFINATELY do again smile.gif

HSV_MALOO
Post #100

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jul 20 2008, 03:01 PM) [snapback]1282629539[/snapback]

Maybe ya need to take ya own advice.....!!! we aren't talkin about all sorts of motor sports lars, we are talkin about drag racing head_wall.gif head_wall.gif and v8's are sent all over the world....for all types of motorsports!!

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 20 2008, 04:30 PM) [snapback]1282629782[/snapback]

well if we are so narrow minded then why are there so many v8s at the drags perhaps if all the rbs, rotors and 4 cyls that are in darwin came out to play we wouldnt have this split opinon

well said, most/some on here keep saying how good there NONE v8's are well where are you when it comes time to race?? you people keep baggin darwinites for being narrow minded and you have the cars that can change that but we don't see many of you racing on the track to try and change there so called narrow minds.....!!

QUOTE(jsttry @ Jul 20 2008, 07:36 PM) [snapback]1282630479[/snapback]

OK the sports compact discussions have been taken on board and I do not want to see any more attacks from either side!!!!

Now on to more important things about THE EVENT. What did people think of other aspects of the night and what can be improved on? Things like was there enough food outlets, were the kids rides well received, were there any incidents or things to fix for next time.....or better yet, were there any things you loved that we should DEFINATELY do again smile.gif

can you do the no oil downs part again?? bowrofl.gif

overall it was a good night, pitty the weather couldnt be cooler, it almost became a true night of thunder at about 2pm with the rain clouds hangin about.

You already know about the sign (not on list) i want on the top gate!!

Need to have the same kinda night for titles and it would just top the year off nicely!!

buzurkracing
Post #101

ok i thought it took to long to bring out the racers,the time between each race was a big killer for me.

with Amanda on the no oil downs.

what happened to the willy's of Derreks,was looking forward to seeing the new one out there.

also bring back The Dog, very nice car and crew to suit.

spyder6052
Post #102

QUOTE(buzurkracing @ Jul 20 2008, 05:58 PM) [snapback]1282630281[/snapback]

Mel you have PM
should i bring the teaspoon to work with me Jason or will you have one tongue.gif

mate i have a whole draw full..... oh and theres plenty of cement at work as well tongue.gif
QUOTE(jsttry @ Jul 20 2008, 06:36 PM) [snapback]1282630479[/snapback]

event was good, the rock wall was cool(thats the only kids ride that i saw unsure.gif

and MEL WTF

The only complaint i have from last night it was too bloody hot - most "big' nights we have you are freezin in the pits after racing but last night i couldn't even be bothered drinking it was too hot!

its never too hot to drink........

jsttry
Post #103

Not sure what happened to Derreck, I'd think he'd want to do some testing before bringing it out on a big night. Totally different car and has a clutch to also work with.

I'd have to agree about Mark Kuhn in The Dog. He was here from last year and he rocked up at 10am when I was setting up on Saturday. Awesome bloke and he promised to come back again next year. He was disappointed Troy wasn't out in the FJ as he wanted another run.

There were a couple of delays in the braking area with getting cars off the strip which held it up a little, I know what you mean, there were a couple of dull spots. Maybe need to include some RC drifting or something as a fill in smile.gif

There was also a mechanical bull and a big inflatable slide/castle that I could see from the tower in the afternoon, unless it got put down in the evening after dark.

ScUd'EsS
Post #104

Yeah you know when you get soooo hot and bothered you couldnt be fark'd drinking... Well that was me... Plus i was really too sore to get off my arse and walk to the esky - if i had a decent pit crew they would've known the rules - which is the Boss must be looked after at all times!! mamoru.gif

I was disapointed in the lack of cars that attended.. Even the Street class was down but most of all the sco's that said they would be there and werent.. They make it seem like Night of Thunder just crept up on them and they had no warning! dunno.gif

Victor and Ben are the nicest blokes to talk to - actually taking the time to talk to us and give us some expert advice. Nothing was too hard for them even though the humidity knocked them for six. Victor managed to sign both the Junior Dragsters!

The jumping castle was a hit for the kids, kids paid $10 and could have unlimited time on it! The Hogs Breath pig (with the franchise owner sweating his ring off inside!) entertained the kids and threw them some suprises - he even tried to jump in Berties window for a ride!!

Hope everyone managed to grab themselves a HVDRA stubby cooler and / or sticker - if not they will be for sale at Titles in 2 weeks...

VLCT WALKY
Post #105

QUOTE(HSV_MALOO @ Jul 20 2008, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1282630499[/snapback]

Maybe ya need to take ya own advice.....!!! we aren't talkin about all sorts of motor sports lars, we are talkin about drag racing head_wall.gif head_wall.gif and v8's are sent all over the world....for all types of motorsports!!

Please contact the brays, and ask how many of engines they build get brought from people out of australia

Then please contact Pac and ask how many of there engines get brought from other country's just for Drag racing, no other motor sport!

Thanks

QUOTE(jsttry @ Jul 20 2008, 07:36 PM) [snapback]1282630479[/snapback]

I would have to totally disagree, might be taken on board, but sweet fa will happen!

what i'm sick of hearing is that the people that troy are talking about are supposedly so small etc

can i please ask why jo signarelli celica run a 6's at 212 mph , but hey there gay hey jay, they lucky to brake in to the 8's let only the 7's !

taken on board my arse!

smile.gif and amanda, i'll have my car down there, but im going to the rejex rally, pitty, definately be there for the street meet smile.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x