Southern Cross Telelvision - Night Of Thunder - Saturday July 19th  

Page 4 of 5
Jump to page
VLCT WALKY
Post #106

o my god,

wow this is an interesting read, but what would tony wedlock know about sports compact!

http://www.nmd.com.au/news2/news_detail.cfm?ID=6262

ScUd'EsS
Post #107

Lars i can confidently say that whilst your ideas have been taken on board the committee is looking at ways to bring those ideas to the track. You have to admit Doorslammers are more known to the world of average jo mum and dad families out there. Hence prob why hvdra has continued to 'play safe' and invite these types back year after year. Also we feel obliged with the assistance that these two teams have given to the club its been priceless. But overall in the last 5yrs+ the sport of drag racing has exceled both here, interstate and in the States. Teams are developing and giving us as consumers other options to the traditional v8 drag car. Unfortunately the education component of this 'i beleive' hasnt kept pace. An example i give is as a women interested in motorsport i thought i was 'upto date' with whats out there - i go to many interstate events, read car mags and get involved - but it was not til recently (3yrs perhaps) that i knew about rotar drag cars and team pac etc...
I was further educated last night talking to Ben Bray about his involvement in Sportcompact. And i was also suprised to learn that even if we had offered the $$ for pac to race here this year they would not have accepted. As with Group 1 cars (doorslammers/ top fuels etc) they wont race here because our track is not upto their standards. With the $$ coming they are watching very closely to what we are doing and Brays advised us that will be the time to get them up here...

No one can doubt these cars dont pull similar times etc but with our track condition you saw the result last night when Victor had to back off half pass... And thats not the show either pac nor hvdra wanna give the paying crowd.

Team Bray are happy to help us bring a 'variety' of cars in future but not until our track is re done!

So have hope mate - just like this bloody burnout pad - it will happen..

zmit
Post #108

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Jul 20 2008, 10:12 PM) [snapback]1282632021[/snapback]

So have hope mate - just like this bloody burnout pad Skid Pan- it will happen..

thumbsup.gif

VLCT WALKY
Post #109

mel, like i said, my argument wasn't that they should come here, i'm just sic of hearing they arn't big names,

instead of people sayin hey they must not be any one big etc, like amanda did, how about they google it first!

that is all!

thank u for you response smile.gif hugs !

devo r33gtr
Post #110

As a paying spectator I have to say that last night was a huge let down.

You may very well have turned more people off coming as spectators.

The night draged on and on and on. Huge time between runs etc. 2 hour between the big boys run's.
I ended up leaving before the final runs, but that is how boring the night was.

I'm not the biggest fan of Brett Stevens but have to say he at least puts on a good show.

It was good to see the local's doing well but they always do.

You say, why don't the 6 and rotar brigade come down and run more, well I'LL let you know that at a open meet you get treated like shit by the officials, like they are doing you a huge favour letting you run at the open meets in your POS 6 the comentators rag on anything thats not Holden or Ford.You pay your money and get 3 runs.

Why would you run at the open meets.

Street meets have more entertaintment more races and better pricing.
Once again in my opion

zmit
Post #111

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Jul 20 2008, 08:09 PM) [snapback]1282631130[/snapback]

I was disapointed in the lack of cars that attended.. Even the Street class was down but most of all the sco's that said they would be there and werent.. They make it seem like Night of Thunder just crept up on them and they had no warning! dunno.gif

well i know a few people didnt realise that street cars were meant to be in it as well....
dunno.gif
off-street on the 15th should be good biggrin.gif

so have you confiscated the welding rods off Benny yet Mel? tongue.gif

drift_ke70
Post #112

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Jul 20 2008, 10:42 PM) [snapback]1282632021[/snapback]

Lars i can confidently say that whilst your ideas have been taken on board the committee is looking at ways to bring those ideas to the track. You have to admit Doorslammers are more known to the world of average jo mum and dad families out there. Hence prob why hvdra has continued to 'play safe' and invite these types back year after year. Also we feel obliged with the assistance that these two teams have given to the club its been priceless. But overall in the last 5yrs+ the sport of drag racing has exceled both here, interstate and in the States. Teams are developing and giving us as consumers other options to the traditional v8 drag car. Unfortunately the education component of this 'i beleive' hasnt kept pace. An example i give is as a women interested in motorsport i thought i was 'upto date' with whats out there - i go to many interstate events, read car mags and get involved - but it was not til recently (3yrs perhaps) that i knew about rotar drag cars and team pac etc...
I was further educated last night talking to Ben Bray about his involvement in Sportcompact. And i was also suprised to learn that even if we had offered the $$ for pac to race here this year they would not have accepted. As with Group 1 cars (doorslammers/ top fuels etc) they wont race here because our track is not upto their standards. With the $$ coming they are watching very closely to what we are doing and Brays advised us that will be the time to get them up here...

No one can doubt these cars dont pull similar times etc but with our track condition you saw the result last night when Victor had to back off half pass... And thats not the show either pac nor hvdra wanna give the paying crowd.

Team Bray are happy to help us bring a 'variety' of cars in future but not until our track is re done!

So have hope mate - just like this bloody burnout pad - it will happen..

Good to hear. Tell Ben to bring the datto up and Woolett. Then i will be so happy.

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jul 20 2008, 10:56 PM) [snapback]1282632105[/snapback]

mel, like i said, my argument wasn't that they should come here, i'm just sic of hearing they arn't big names,

instead of people sayin hey they must not be any one big etc, like amanda did, how about they google it first!

that is all!

Well put. Bu seriously lars they arn't that big man. There only sponsored by Castrol edge to be small no namers tongue.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #113

QUOTE(zmit @ Jul 20 2008, 11:33 PM) [snapback]1282632144[/snapback]

well i know a few people didnt realise that street cars were meant to be in it as well....
dunno.gif
off-street on the 15th should be good biggrin.gif

bowrofl.gif bowrofl.gif

** and street cars are more than welcome to attend the open event. In fact we are trying to encourage it to happen more. The price for a street in the open is only a $5 difference. You may get less runs but the opens tend to attract more of a crowd so if you are after potential sponsorship etc then the Opens is the place to be seen. Plus ive been told and ive witnessed a number of times - some of the 'bigger' drivers are more than happy to assist you in further developing your car or offering you techniques in how to drag race etc.. but if you only want to attend the street meets thats ok - its your choice..

I'm suprised at the above comment about being treated poorly by officials if you dont have a v8 - we have taken some steps since we received feedback last season and we have briefed our officials and announcers on treating ALL entrants appropriately regardless of car make model or engine size...
by all means if you are an entrant and you find the officials are not treating you right please see a committee member on the night or speak to the Race Director with your concerns - we can only clear it up and act on it if we know about it! thumbsup.gif

** Lars - big hugs back at ya!
Just wanted to clarify - i think when people say they arent BIG names - its in terms of the average jo mum and dad out there that they are not big names to.. You and I will know them as big names but we are 'involved' in motorsport... but yes with a bit of media and marketing and education they will become big names to the average family and they will flock with interest to see what this 'new' team is...

Ben Bray will be at Jambo - as you would know already with his Datsun - i told him an NT contingent was going down to have some fun - so make sure you put the hard word on him to bring it up next year!!

And not sure if anyone was aware (cause i wasnt till after the meeting) but the Team Bray cars ran on Saturday night for the last time in their current colour scheme.. Victor advised us that as soon as the truck hits QLD the cars will be stripped back to their chassis and re painted into the new Castrol Edge colour combination - Red, Green, White and Black.. This will debut at the opening of the ANDRA season (Sept for memory!) Cant wait to see what they come up with - im sure it will create some lively discussion!

unreal
Post #114

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Jul 20 2008, 08:09 PM) [snapback]1282631130[/snapback]

The jumping castle was a hit for the kids, kids paid $10 and could have unlimited time on it

wtf i payed for scudlett and cam to go on the castle and he told me the price i sent him back to ask how much for all night on the castle and they said i wouldnt be able to afford that..

derreck had dramas with doth the willys and found it really hard to shit gears in the new one in testing caus its so tight fit.. they even went to put another engine in at 3:00 but found it to be damaged and gave up..

and devo i prefer to race a street meets for the extra runs aswell but would be good to see more variety there.

Pure-SX
Post #115

The night wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be, don't get me wrong I did enjoy the night, however it seemed to drag along somewhat, seemed like an eternity between rounds etc.

Plenty of food/drink outlets. However the "smell" surrounding the hill was quite something.

Edit: Spelling/Grammar

unreal
Post #116

QUOTE(zmit @ Jul 20 2008, 10:33 PM) [snapback]1282632144[/snapback]

have no idea what your talking about dunno.gif

IPB Image

ScUd'EsS
Post #117

QUOTE(Pure-SX @ Jul 21 2008, 10:01 AM) [snapback]1282632742[/snapback]

The night wasn't as great as I thought it was going to be, don't get me wrong I did enjoy the night, however it seemed to drag along somewhat, seemed like an eternity between rounds etc.

Plenty of food/drink outlets. However the "smell" surrounding the hill was quite something.

Edit: Spelling/Grammar

dont sit sooooo close to BJ next time bowrofl.gif

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 21 2008, 10:05 AM) [snapback]1282632756[/snapback]

have no idea what your talking about dunno.gif

IPB Image

yeah i've been arguing with him to put a match to it for ages - but i didnt literally mean blow the farker up... i think ben is still hearing some whistling in his ears mamoru.gif

Pure-SX
Post #118

BJ would have smelt better then the toilets/septic tank maybe? lol tongue.gif

jsttry
Post #119

Pure-SX, you have a PM so I can get that fixed, that should not have happened and I'll take up with facilities management.

Pure-SX
Post #120

No problem mate, pm replied to biggrin.gif

Wasn't a bad night just a few little things thats all.

drift_ke70
Post #121

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Jul 21 2008, 09:58 AM) [snapback]1282632828[/snapback]

dont sit sooooo close to BJ next time bowrofl.gif
yeah i've been arguing with him to put a match to it for ages - but i didnt literally mean blow the farker up... i think ben is still hearing some whistling in his ears mamoru.gif

Your so mean No wonder Tess left you guys.

QUOTE(Pure-SX @ Jul 21 2008, 10:06 AM) [snapback]1282632851[/snapback]

BJ would have smelt better then the toilets/septic tank maybe? lol tongue.gif

Geez thanks Stephen.

QUOTE(jsttry @ Jul 21 2008, 10:08 AM) [snapback]1282632854[/snapback]

Pure-SX, you have a PM so I can get that fixed, that should not have happened and I'll take up with facilities management.

So you should tongue.gif But seriously can you do anything about the time between races or not. Waiting 2 hours to see the big guys was crap.

HSV_MALOO
Post #122

QUOTE(VLCT WALKY @ Jul 20 2008, 11:26 PM) [snapback]1282632105[/snapback]

like i said, my argument wasn't that they should come here, i'm just sic of hearing they arn't big names,

that is all!

QUOTE(buzurkracing @ Jul 20 2008, 02:06 PM) [snapback]1282629430[/snapback]

yeap was a good night,had an early night at home.
lets drop the whole sportcompact thing as its pretty clear you need BIG names to race at the valley. thumbsup.gif Pac,Rotormaster,Wedlock and the others clearly not big enough. over and out.....................

was only me sayin it lars, wasn't it....?? lookin stupid now, so just drop it shall we....!!

unreal
Post #123

ok not too sure if you can do much about this but i heard there were too many motorbikes..

drift_ke70
Post #124

yeah and no they have a right to be there. Just the time in between runs is crap

HSV_MALOO
Post #125

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 21 2008, 11:21 AM) [snapback]1282633003[/snapback]

ok not too sure if you can do much about this but i heard there were too many motorbikes..

bowrofl.gif bowrofl.gif atleast there was more piss breaks then...!!

jsttry
Post #126

Some people actually come to watch the bikes!

I think the more correct thing was there were not enough cars smile.gif

unreal
Post #127

^^^ yeah that sounds right there were heaps of cars missing hope they were just waiting for titles night

ScUd'EsS
Post #128

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 21 2008, 11:21 AM) [snapback]1282633003[/snapback]

GOLD! bowrofl.gif bowrofl.gif
unfortunately i have to let them in... sucks to be me hey mamoru.gif

RBNT
Post #129

QUOTE(jsttry @ Jul 21 2008, 11:08 AM) [snapback]1282633053[/snapback]

Some people actually come to watch the bikes!

I think the more correct thing was there were not enough variety smile.gif

Variety Jay, variety.

unreal
Post #130

QUOTE(RBNT @ Jul 21 2008, 11:16 AM) [snapback]1282633219[/snapback]

Variety Jay, variety.

says he with the quickest rb in town and havnt seen it at the drags for how long tongue.gif

here is xpozd photos from the night
http://x-pozd.com/ntevents/index.php?cPath...b12ad4c9687d9e2

SCHSLYF
Post #131

only things id say was it was to long between the runs, and the smell at the internal toilet blocks (one over near the v8 pits i dont recall a nasty smell)

highlight of the night was out of all the cars we watched, Kaedyn waved and blew kisses to the scud as he went down the strip ( oh and said bye bye) obviously he though the scud was a stand out in the crowed.

unreal
Post #132

QUOTE(SCHSLYF @ Jul 21 2008, 11:28 AM) [snapback]1282633276[/snapback]

only things id say was it was to long between the runs, and the smell at the internal toilet blocks (one over near the v8 pits i dont recall a nasty smell)
highlight of the night was out of all the cars we watched, Kaedyn waved and blew kisses to the scud as he went down the strip ( oh and said bye bye) obviously he though the scud was a stand out in the crowed.

must have been the custom paint job on the bonnet nice flames benny boy bowrofl.gif

SCHSLYF
Post #133

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 21 2008, 11:31 AM) [snapback]1282633293[/snapback]

must have been the custom paint job on the bonnet nice flames benny boy bowrofl.gif

actually we only seen the one run, we nearly spent as much time in the pits talking to you lot as we did watching the racing, we basically only watched 1 round and that was it.

ScUd'EsS
Post #134

Ken there was Variety - we had 6 of them at the top gate (they are a good childrens charity hey!!) mamoru.gif

Kaedyn has good tastes thats why! I think kids relate to scud cause its the same size as them mamoru.gif
like the cool flame paint job!! everyone has comented that it should stay like that........

incubus
Post #135

i have offered to paint the flames properly

Megz
Post #136

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 21 2008, 10:51 AM) [snapback]1282633003[/snapback]

The photo's seem to be very heavily weighted to the cars though dunno.gif tongue.gif

RBNT
Post #137

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 21 2008, 11:51 AM) [snapback]1282633242[/snapback]

says he with the quickest rb in town and havnt seen it at the drags for how long tongue.gif

here is xpozd photos from the night
http://x-pozd.com/ntevents/index.php?cPath...b12ad4c9687d9e2

Like I said to Jay this morning, if I had raced it would have been 1 run. I would have left shortly thereafter. I would love to get out and race more, the drags, circuit, motorkhana, rejects. Its all a matter of time, something I find I have precious little of.

Megz
Post #138

Oh forgot to ask - will there be a similar PDF of the times that cars ran like you've been doing for the Street Meets??

They are interesting to read.

jsttry
Post #139

Yep the PDF run by run results, plus pics plus media release plus other stuff will all go up today after Mel has done her part smile.gif

Megz
Post #140

Awesome - linky for PDF would be very appreciated smile.gif Couple of cars I want to check times on.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 4 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x