Southern Cross Telelvision - Night Of Thunder - Saturday July 19th  

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
ScUd'EsS
  • ScUd'EsS
  • if it aint a V8 - i aint interested!
  • Member No.: 62,268
Post #1 post 1st July 2008 - 11:03 AM
With only three days till Darwin revs it up for the annual V8 Supercars – Southern Cross Television and Hidden Valley Drag Racing Association are pleased to keep the revs running and bring you the fastest and most thrilling night in the NT Motorsport Calendar.

Southern Cross Television Night of Thunder featuring Victor and Ben Bray.

With Ben Bray recently completing his first 5 sec Top Doorslammer pass make sure you head to the track to witness the showdown when the Brays, in their 3000hp Top Doorslammers go head to head with Territory local drag racers in a no holds barred supercharged shootout.

The night will also see the return of many familar faces - with Andrew Sutton from Alice Springs bringing his Doorslammer, Local Derreck Sperrer debuting his brand new Willys from the States, Laura Kuss's dragster fixed and on fire with her girl power, Matt Able in his Ford Capri, Darwins fastest Street and Super Street cars and the return of the Modified Bikes from New Zealand all ready to blow the competition (and cobwebs) away!

It will be a night not to miss!

Night of Thunder – Saturday 19th July
Gates open at 1pm
qualifying from 3-6pm, with the action starting at 7.00pm.
$25 per person, $50 for the family, Children under 15 free
bar and catering facilities are available

Make sure you check out the display at Casuarina Shopping Square from Monday 7th July – located outside Big W.
And if you can't make it out to Casuarina, make sure you don’t miss the Grand Parade down Mitchell Street on Thursday 17th July. Departing from Hot 100 studios at 12 noon heading for the Smith Street Mall - see and HEAR the thunder of the Team Bray Burnout cars driving through the streets of Darwin.

** If you are interested in volunteering for the SCTV Night of Thunder please join our volunteers briefing and BBQ at Motorsports House – Hidden Valley complex from 7pm on Monday 14 July, and speak to Jay or Myself (Mel).

Proudly supported by Southern Cross Television, Shannons and Hot 100.

“COME AND FEEL THE POWER AT HIDDEN VALLEY DRAGS”

--------------------
"YOU'RE NOT KNOWN UNLESS YOUR BLOWN"

*CLICK HERE* YouTube Vid - SCUD 2nd Place 2009 Gazzanats ~ Winner of 'Toughest Ride' Award

If it aint a V8 - I aint interested!
HSV
Post #2

Cut the shit people..........

ScUd'EsS
Post #3

thumbsup.gif

Word is the Brays truck has left QLD but unfortunately we cant get a hold of Theo so unless he got on that truck we are not sure if he is still coming dunno.gif

vh-holden
Post #4

bring on the noise.

i've even bought myself some new shoes for v8s and night of thunder. no more foot and leg pains for me. biggrin.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #5

QUOTE(vh-holden @ Jul 1 2008, 12:57 PM) [snapback]1282549791[/snapback]

bring on the noise.

i've even bought myself some new shoes for v8s and night of thunder. no more foot and leg pains for me. biggrin.gif

and a new track record i say!! bugger this 6 sec stuff - too slow... lets make it 5... (i wish!) ohnoes.gif

*Shano*
Post #6

QUOTE(HSV @ Jul 1 2008, 11:53 AM) [snapback]1282549776[/snapback]

Cut the shit people..........

thank u

this will be an off tap night, if nothing pop ups n i cant make it

jsttry
Post #7

I bought new shoes too Adam biggrin.gif

Should be good to see how Victor & Ben go against Andrew Sutton (Alice Springs) and a few of the local races like Matt, Bronte Henning and Laura Kuss. I think the local boys are going to give them a good run!

HSV_MALOO
Post #8

hey HSV you cut what i said out sad.gif

well i'll just do it again can't wait HVDRA goin to be an awesome night
and good idea about gettin the cars to cas and through the city!!

Mel i hope we gots more gate bishs??

unreal
Post #9

and we might even see the scud go down the track.. na fingers crossed we will have a good night... mmmmmm big skids benny burnout.gif to make up for all the meets this year

vh-holden
Post #10

ooh, i forgot sutton was coming as well. can't wait to see the monaros head to head.

edit - is it safe to assume they will race each other?

ScUd'EsS
Post #11

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 1 2008, 01:32 PM) [snapback]1282549933[/snapback]

and we might even see the scud go down the track.. na fingers crossed we will have a good night... mmmmmm big skids benny burnout.gif to make up for all the meets this year

and last yr!

im gonna cry if he doesnt tears.gif as im sure you will too.....

**anyone wanna be a run back girl - at least if he doesnt go we'll have something for the crowd to look at... mamoru.gif NO LARS, KEN, BJ or CHRIS you dont count tongue.gif

unreal
Post #12

QUOTE(ScUd'EsS @ Jul 1 2008, 01:04 PM) [snapback]1282550065[/snapback]

and last yr!

im gonna cry if he doesnt tears.gif as im sure you will too.....

**anyone wanna be a run back girl - at least if he doesnt go we'll have something for the crowd to look at... mamoru.gif NO LARS, KEN, BJ or CHRIS you dont count tongue.gif

yeah good idea sponsored by honey pot facesjump.gif

spyder6052
Post #13

i'll go if i can park behind the pits as my car dont lock smile.gif

Rattler
Post #14

Am really looking forward to watching these guys in action! thumbsup.gif Should be awesome!! drool.gif

ScUd'EsS
Post #15

QUOTE(spyder6052 @ Jul 1 2008, 03:29 PM) [snapback]1282550330[/snapback]

i'll go if i can park behind the pits as my car dont lock smile.gif

just on that note - we will have the volunteers from Darwin Indoor Beach Volleyball being carpark attendants on the night - please ensure you follow their instructions to avoid congestion in the carpark....

spyder you have a PM incoming thumbsup.gif

jsttry
Post #16

If you're wandering past Casuarina anytime in next week make sure you go for a walk past Big W. You can't miss it smile.gif

ROLLER
Post #17

How much is it to race again for the night? Yes I'm a member...

jsttry
Post #18

$40 for street bike plus $5 for ANDRA DDL smile.gif

ROLLER
Post #19

sik hetic yo, should be there!!!

Thumpin' 8
Post #20

See you there. Might get off my ass and drop the exhaust just for a bit of noise and weight saving!! lol

SCHSLYF
Post #21

so do we have a confirmation on theo for the night of chunda?

brad will be the one to watch drool.gif his car that is.

jsttry
Post #22

Have emailed and left a few messages. Spoke to Theo this morning and waiting for him to call back as he was tied up. Considering the Brays are already in town and Theo was going to catch a lift with them I think its unlikely he'll be coming.

ScUd'EsS
Post #23

SPOTTED AT CASUARINA.....

unreal
Post #24

good to see them displayed aslong and peolpe dont expect to see those two cars on the night

SIKUNIT
Post #25

QUOTE(Thumpin' 8 @ Jul 7 2008, 08:12 PM) [snapback]1282578181[/snapback]

See you there. Might get off my ass and drop the exhaust just for a bit of noise and weight saving!! lol

You might want to check that with the scrutineer and ANDRA rep, cause i know of 2 SS class racers being told they have to run full exhaust according to andra rules.

Thumpin' 8
Post #26

Yeah, had some email convo with Jay about this. But the good news is I'll have less work to do, bad news is the crowd won't know us Super Street cars are running cause they'll be deafened by every other class there!! (excluding Street).

Rule does state that muffler only needed to limit noise to 98db at 30 metres. Does HVDRA have a means of testing this Jay? Just because it's loud in the scrutineering shed may not mean it's too loud for the rules. 98db at 30 metres is very loud. Speaking from experience with PA system testing, I remember one alarm test which was extremely loud for my ears, (comparable to open pipe exhaust) but registered 110db from only 2 metres away. It also depends on where the test is done and what the environment is like around.

A little off topic, sorry!!

Back on topic, why won't those cars be there?

unreal
Post #27

QUOTE(Thumpin' 8 @ Jul 10 2008, 08:25 PM) [snapback]1282592227[/snapback]

Yeah, had some email convo with Jay about this. But the good news is I'll have less work to do, bad news is the crowd won't know us Super Street cars are running cause they'll be deafened by every other class there!! (excluding Street).

Rule does state that muffler only needed to limit noise to 98db at 30 metres. Does HVDRA have a means of testing this Jay? Just because it's loud in the scrutineering shed may not mean it's too loud for the rules. 98db at 30 metres is very loud. Speaking from experience with PA system testing, I remember one alarm test which was extremely loud for my ears, (comparable to open pipe exhaust) but registered 110db from only 2 metres away. It also depends on where the test is done and what the environment is like around.

A little off topic, sorry!!

Back on topic, why won't those cars be there?

i say run no exhaust be fucked if im leaving mine on when my car is fixed... we dont have noiz restrictions

they are the burnout cars they will not be performing

zmit
Post #28

hey mel.... could you resize those pics?
took forever to load....

jsttry
Post #29

Unfortunately its a technicality that personally I don't agree with but they're the rules. I'm trying to get them changed but considering we have interstate representatives up here doing training courses on 2 August you just need to be aware that they may point it out again. You're right Bazz, 98dB @ 30m is pretty loud, isn't standard road regulations 98dB at around 3m? The big catch is a "muffling device" is needed, simple....just a cheap little hotdog muffler smile.gif

Now back on topic, THESE are the toys you get to see on the night, just can't fit them in Cas because of the pipes on them, the burnout cars JUST fit ohmy.gif

IPB Image

buzurkracing
Post #30

so does this mean no skids from the Brays?

jsttry
Post #31

If you can find them some tyres Victor said he'd do some at the end of the night. They torched them all at the v8's.

unreal
Post #32

heard that brads rx7 is having trouble getting transport and wont be here in time.. thats gota suck

incubus
Post #33

96 db at 3500 rpm. tis all i can tell you jay.

Rattler
Post #34

QUOTE(unreal @ Jul 11 2008, 08:58 AM) [snapback]1282593442[/snapback]

heard that brads rx7 is having trouble getting transport and wont be here in time.. thats gota suck

Where is it coming from?

jsttry
Post #35

Just checked with Brad, problem was clearance with the bracket for the wheelie bars. All sorted now, just not sure it and the pallet of goodies will be back by next weekend.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 5
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x