Suzuki Sierra - Help  

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
[4CE-FED]
Post #36

i have tried some different setups with mine.. i have ended up with a 85 NT tin top, with spoa... only 3 leavs... 33x12.5 15's with not enough off set.....(next on list) flexs round great and isn't that bad with the 33's ride wise. Front locker was the best thing i could of dun for it... Also ended up fitting a 1ltr transfur case, bring the gearing down nice.

As for cash spent, spoa lift cost about 100 bucks, with brake lines scrap steel and playing round making longer sharfts and spacer. Picked up near new 33's for 600 bucks (cheap). love zukis for how easy that are to mod and wheel..
Adam

DEADZOOK
Post #38

' date='Jul 3 2008, 08:39 AM' post='1282558573']
Front locker was the best thing i could of dun for it...

fuck yeah, nothing beats the front locker, its the first thing i do when i build one. GO POPPIE ARMS. lol thumbsup.gif

WICKED
Post #39

QUOTE(DEADZOOK @ Jul 3 2008, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1282559160[/snapback]

fuck yeah, nothing beats the front locker, its the first thing i do when i build one. GO POPPIE ARMS. lol thumbsup.gif

Gear's would be a very close second!

[4CE-FED]
Post #40

QUOTE(DEADZOOK @ Jul 3 2008, 12:00 PM) [snapback]1282559160[/snapback]

ha ha still waiting for them hsdance.gif

QUOTE(WICKED @ Jul 3 2008, 12:24 PM) [snapback]1282559218[/snapback]

Gear's would be a very close second!

im only in the mud, (tassie always wet) lowering it to much more than the 1ltr case will kill the highway runs... but when this pops i will lol

Marshwa
Post #41

Further question added people

Zoombie
Post #42

always thought that these cars were cool in their own right. are there many turbo kits around for them?

just don't make it ridiculous like the nerd in the the turbo suzuki shown on the TRD Hilux commercial smile.gif

DEADZOOK
Post #43

not alot in the way of turbo/supercharger set ups. generally gotta make em your self.i have had one supercharged sierra motor using the 4agze blower and suzuki balino throttle body injection and i gotta say it was still shit for power hey and worse off road. dont get me wrong, i like my zooks, but you cant go past a 4age powered zook. it doesnt sound that fast saying it'll rip an injected 5 litre commodore, but for a car that is not built to go fast, it is shit scary and feels hella fast. when i dumped my 4age hard top zook off the lights at 6500 rpm if picked the front wheels off the ground a good foot, i shit you not. the end result i killed the honda civic i was racing, but i also bent the living fuck out of my rear diff housing and had a slow, noisie trip home- but it was worth it laugh.gif . i only did it once more after that at 8500 rpm and blew the pinion clean out of the centre- not cool. had to take out the rear drive shaft and dive it home in front wheel drive, oil EVERYWHERE.
IPB Image
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif FUCK!!!
WHEEL, WRECK, REPAIR, REPEAT. lol.

11_EVL
Post #44

leafs FTW
coils are nice if your more city driving and like the sound of saying 'i got a 4WD'
but for the fun stuff you need to buy a leaf seirra, than mod away as much as you want.
as what has been covered the more you mod in a way you go backwards but mostly the stuff that used to be fun turns to being TOO EASY.
mine is carby 1600 8v. plenty enough power off road but the carb lets it down. so EFI is the way to go. after Ps wear off

mechanic-man
Post #45

DEADZOOK;
Man your zooks must cop it hardcore laugh.gif

i should buying one in the next few days. not a 100% sure on the setup but atm looks like this:
2" body lift
2" susp lift
33's hopefuly biggrin.gif
lockers
bigger carby
exhaust
roll bars
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
as said before still want to be able to drive it on the road but still go off road.

ben.

sorry mate didnt want to hijack your thread thumbsup.gif

Marshwa
Post #46

ur right bro, looks like ur after exactly the same thing as me as soon as me car sells. Good set up although are 33's asking a bit much for no power steering or does it handle fine??. Anyone no the lift limits in QLD is it 2 inch suspension and 2 inch body olny. Or 4 inch all up. Also whats the 5' kit off snake racig like.

Ur a mad @#$! deadzook, bet ya scared the shit outta that civic hahaha, i no my balls would drop off if i got done by a sierra hahaha. Also u gonna chuck a hilux diff in there now or is there a better way to go?

mechanic-man
Post #47

33's is what im hoping for. my mate has 33's on his and it handles nicely. still its 4wd but its fairly light steering. not sure on his lift setup at the moment.

yeh man, just some thing you can go bush in have some fun. and drive it home.

Marshwa
Post #48

yeh thats exactly it ay, and not worry too much about it, treat it like a basher and still be fairly reliable

mechanic-man
Post #49

some of my mates work for alot of offroad companys such as Wombat offroad, ARB and they go out with clubs and just mates, and, who ever drives the sierra always wins! and im talking Pubfinders and Pootrols with serious 4wd shit. and a sierra is beating them? lol.
Like the bloke down the road from me said, because there so little at light you can do absolutely anything with them. there basic.
There Just Fun! biggrin.gif

neil_se
Post #50

There's no way it'll turn 33s without reduction gears. You'll need a lot of guard cutting or bumpstop packing to fit them, as well as moving diffs to clear the firewall. A lot more things start breaking above 32s as well. I've got 31s and they're brilliant, no problems with clearance on the same tracks as Hiluxes with 33s and 35s. Steering is incredibly heavy with low pressures at slow speeds and front locker, i'm fitting powersteering shortly.

Marshwa
Post #51

Yeh thats wat i was presuming about 33's pretty sure i'll only go 31's thanks for that man

11_EVL
Post #52

i ran 31s with welded rear and lockrite front std transfer and early 3.9 diffs, and a 1600
with that set up it was good altho it was on the verge of breaking (i did break cvs) so i scrapped the weak sierra axles and went hilux with lockers. no more broken parts

mechanic-man
Post #53

it runs 33's, with major modifacation. i'll try and get they specs on it. its sorta a cross between a comp truck. but ill ask him.

neil se
i'm fitting powersteering shortly

what rack etc are you steeling that from? if you dont mind me asking.

is eveyone running front a rear welded diffs? or tight lsd's?

ben.

neil_se
Post #54

I've got all the Vitara gear and i'll make a wedge to correct the shaft angle. I've got lockright autolockers front and rear.

DEADZOOK
Post #55

i been as high as 35's on my zooks but always ended going more places with 31's and 33's. anything over 31's and you gotta be a little careful about jumping on the power button on full lock in 4wd- tend to smash cv's real easy. everyone drives different tho, i have built some with 35's on zook diffs and they have'nt had a problem. you can go hilux diffs or if you have a wide track you can go MQ patrol diffs, but the mods are large campaired to the gains. its far easier to stay with simple, its works and its cheaper. i have seen near stocko zooks blow coilover comp trucks out of the water. truthfully to a certain extent its not always what you drive, its how you drive it.
even with 31's, transfer gears (and a front locker- if you can weld) are a must if you want to really have heaps of fun, WILL CLIMB ANYTHING. biggrin.gif

noddy4570
Post #56

go to www.auszookers.com and ask them they all are good guys and like to help

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x