Qfm High Performance Brake Pads - Sick of paying too much for high performance street and track pads?  

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
gslrallysport
  • gslrallysport
  • Budding User
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 60,347
Post #1 post 3rd April 2008 - 01:23 PM
IPB Image

GSL RallySport stocks the complete range of QFM High Performance Brake Pads

Queensland Friction Materials is a QLD based disc brake pads manufacturing business which was established in 1989.

The emphasis at QFM as been to develop high quality disc brake pads at highly competitive prices.

A wide range of friction material formulations are available to suit general motor vehicle, industrial and racing applications.

The ongoing research and development of existing and new friction material is performed at the QFM Nerang facilities. New friction materials are being continually developed and tested as part of the QFM commitment to quality and performance.

Key Features

- Long life with virtually no rotor wear
- Low susceptibility to noise
- No heavy black dusting of wheels
- Excellent pedal feel and cold stopping

SPECIFICATIONS
Formulation - Cold Friction - High Friction - Temperature ©
Super X - 0.43 - 0.41 - 0-450
Taxi 69 - 0.41 - 0.37 - 0-480
HP-X - 0.41 - 0.42 - 0-550
A1RM - 0.40 - 0.48 - 0-780

QFM can also re-line existing backing plates or old pads! If you have a 'hard-to-get-decent-decent-material' pad, let QFM put one of their high performing compounds onto your pads!

For more information checkout www.qfmperformance.com

IPB Image

--------------------
- GSL RallySport - 1300 884 836 -
Sick of paying too much for high performance brake pads? Want high performance and cold bite with low rotor wear?
- QFM Performance Brake Pads -
gslrallysport
Post #2

For those than want some real-life feedback on how good the HPX pads are they've become quite popular here:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/gsl-ra...brake-pads.html

delazy
Post #3

just bought some of these to go into my ae86....using fc3s calipers tho....

all reports ive heard these things are awesome.....for the price they sell for its worth giving them a try for sure

gslrallysport
Post #4

QUOTE(delazy @ Apr 7 2008, 08:19 PM) [snapback]1282156408[/snapback]

all reports ive heard these things are awesome.....

;)

gslrallysport
Post #5

This was posted in my RDA thread here, but I think it belongs here! :P

I highly recommend these QFM A1RM (race pads) have them front and rear on my own car and they are almost like a normal street pad when cold (you can actually stop when cold) and absolutely great when you get them HOT time after time. 1/3 of the cost of most race pads too. I did not believe it till I tried them.

gslrallysport
Post #6

*** Special till the End of October ***

Half price rears on any vehicle set of QFM in either HPX or A1RM!

QFM's Performance Street pads fall into two compounds. The first is the HPX pad which is a perfect choice for street cars looking for excellent braking performance whilst retaining all the qualities of a good street pad. The HPX pads are ideal for high performance street cars looking for higher working temperatures with reduced fade, and also for Four Wheel Drives or vehicles looking to enhance their towing capacity or safety.The HPX pads unlike many pads in this performance range are virtually dust free, whilst maintaining low rotor wear.

QFM's second high performance street pad is the A1RM compound and provides QFM with its club sport track pad. It is ideal for high performance street cars that take to the track to test the limits, whilst still being a streetable pad. The A1RM is ideal for club level rally and hill climb where brakes are required right from the first corner!

SPECIFICATIONS

Latest feedback from people using QFM pads, which are rapidly increasing in popularity and locally made in Australian on the Gold Coast:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=4138203
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=4141983
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/820679-post3.html
https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....mp;p=1282156408
https://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index....mp;p=1282506286

Pricing as follows:

- HPX $79 + $39.50 + $12.50 shipping = Front and Rear $131 to your door!
- A1RM $119 + $59.50 + $12.50 shipping = Front and Rear $191 to your door!

Any questions let me know.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #7

*** Special till the End of October ***

Half price rears on any vehicle set of QFM in either HPX or A1RM!

QFM's Performance Street pads fall into two compounds. The first is the HPX pad which is a perfect choice for street cars looking for excellent braking performance whilst retaining all the qualities of a good street pad. The HPX pads are ideal for high performance street cars looking for higher working temperatures with reduced fade, and also for Four Wheel Drives or vehicles looking to enhance their towing capacity or safety.The HPX pads unlike many pads in this performance range are virtually dust free, whilst maintaining low rotor wear.

QFM's second high performance street pad is the A1RM compound and provides QFM with its club sport track pad. It is ideal for high performance street cars that take to the track to test the limits, whilst still being a streetable pad. The A1RM is ideal for club level rally and hill climb where brakes are required right from the first corner!

SPECIFICATIONS

Latest feedback from people using QFM pads, which are rapidly increasing in popularity and locally made in Australian on the Gold Coast:

Brake Pads Users Ratings Guide - Skylines Australia
Brake Pads Users Ratings Guide - Skylines Australia
Qfm High Performance Brake Pads - Boostcruising.com
Rda High Performance Disc Rotors - Boostcruising.com

Pricing as follows:

- HPX $79 + $39.50 + $12.50 shipping = Front and Rear $131 to your door!
- A1RM $119 + $59.50 + $12.50 shipping = Front and Rear $191 to your door!

Any questions let me know.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #8

Another review!

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showpost.php...mp;postcount=13

gslrallysport
Post #9

Another QFM A1RM fanatic on cruisingbrisbane.com:

I have these on my evo.
F*cking great.

Had EBC green stuff pads on at first.. could not brake very well when they were cold.
Put on the QFM Race Pads; f*ck yes.

EFO
Post #10

That would be me... ^

jdm-vr4
Post #11

would you have anthing for galant vr4 rear pads??

if so how much including postage to 4170??

gslrallysport
Post #12

Another customer who's had to use expletives to describe how good QFM are! :(
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/912481-post13.html

QUOTE(jdm-vr4 @ Oct 25 2008, 10:40 AM) [snapback]1283048933[/snapback]

would you have anthing for galant vr4 rear pads??

if so how much including postage to 4170??

Hi mate,

Got VR4 front pads in stock, but the VR4 rear pads are currently on back order with QFM, in both HPX and A1RM. Regular QFM pricing on front or rear, $79 for high performance street (Bendix Ultimate equivalent, minus dust), or $119 for A1RM (DS3000 or EBC Red equivalent). If you're able to wait for the rears (probably about 4 weeks) then I can honor the half price rears deal delivered... or else, pay for the lot now, and I can sent the rears out at not extra charge when they arrive.

- Front and Rear HPX $131 delivered
- Front and Rear A1RM $191 delivered
- Rear HPX delivered $89
- Rear A1RM delivered $129

Any other questions give us a bell on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

Slain
Post #13

any listings for 93 toyota aristo JZS147?

gslrallysport
Post #14

QUOTE(Slain @ Oct 27 2008, 10:07 AM) [snapback]1283056057[/snapback]

any listings for 93 toyota aristo JZS147?

Hi mate,

Yep, got front and rear pads for your JZS147 (same as JZA80 Supra) on the shelf in HPX, $131 front and rear delivered. A1RM's are available, but on back order, about 3-4 weeks, $191 delivered. If you don't plan to do any track work at all the HPX are more than enough, and still equivalent performance to something like a Bendix Ultimate, but with alot less dust.

Any questions give me a bell 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

ricethief
Post #15

Hi I am after front pads (db1141) and rear pads (db252) do you keep these in stock? Do you keep the HPX and A1RM compounds in stock? Also for compounds do you recommend for autocross sprint, with it being such a short track and only two laps each run, would the A1RM have enough time to heat up?

Thanks

EFO
Post #16

A1RM are the shit jason.

Theyre on my car.

They work VERY well when cold.
Even better when hot :(

gslrallysport
Post #17

QUOTE(ricethief @ Oct 27 2008, 09:09 PM) [snapback]1283060416[/snapback]

Hi I am after front pads (db1141) and rear pads (db252) do you keep these in stock? Do you keep the HPX and A1RM compounds in stock? Also for compounds do you recommend for autocross sprint, with it being such a short track and only two laps each run, would the A1RM have enough time to heat up?

Thanks

Hi mate,

Don't have currently in stock either of those numbers, but can certainly get them made up. We've got about 100 different applications in both HPX and A1RM in stock, but for stuff which we don't, when ever someone orders an application, because we're that confident in the QFM pads and they'll come back for their next set, we'll order 2 or 3 and keep the others on the shelf, so basically once it's ordered once, will always be available off the shelf for next time.

As has been said, you'll have no dramas with the A1RM's at the auto cross track, they don't require any warm up, and only get better once hot, meaning that they'll also be suitable for track work if you ever decide to go that far. To get them made in A1RM is $119 per set front or rear, and about 3-4 weeks.

Any other questions give me a bell on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

Blitz
Post #18

I highly recommend GSL Rallysport, Unlike another Sponsor on this forum who fuked me around when I placed my order for pads and could not even give me a ETA on when they would arrive.

Greg was very friendly & professional when I rang him. He was able to tell me instantly that he was able to get the A1RM pads for my GTR and even told me that they were in stock (which the other Sponsor neglected to tell me). The thing that impressed me also was that he was able to get it couriered to me on the same day. This is a sponsor that I will buy from again and also refer to my mates.

gslrallysport
Post #19

Hi mate,

Not a drama at all! Thanks for the feedback!

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #20

*** Last day for half price rears deal! ***

Even if we don't have the pads available here, pads ordered, today and paid within a couple of days will still be eligible!

MFC05
Post #21

Anything suitable for an EVO 8

gslrallysport
Post #22

Yep, both HPX and A1RM pads available.

cam22a
Post #23

Could I please get prices for front pads both sides for a 94 Prelude vtir. After something to suite sprint sessions. ta

gslrallysport
Post #24

Hi mate,

Your VTiR pads should be DB1268, just double check:
http://www.bendix.com.au/user_uploaded_fil...Inner_Outer.gif

A1RM's are available for the fronts, $119, but unfortunately on a 2-3 week back order. Can still honor the half prices rears in A1RM, which are currently on the shelf.

Bit of feedback on the A1RM:
http://forum.nswcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=6862

Any questions give me a bell on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #25

Feedback from a 300ZX at Winton on A1RM Street/Track Pads!

I hit the A1RM pads HARD at Winton. ( i also replaced the fluid with Penrite SIN synthetic)

These pads are really good. I had zero brake fade on the stock calipers. I actually wasnt expecting much.

They remained tight and still usable even after the hardest laps.

Cant recommend them enough.

I need a set of stock A1RM rears for the race car now.

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showpost.php...amp;postcount=9

Bozza_12
Post #26

Got any pads for a 180sx and '08 VE Ute?

gslrallysport
Post #27

QUOTE(Bozza_12 @ Nov 6 2008, 02:31 PM) [snapback]1283112329[/snapback]

Got any pads for a 180sx and '08 VE Ute?

Hi mate,

Yes to both. What model 180SX have you got?

VE, got both HPX and A1RM on the shelf. Report from a customer with A1RM's in his VE V8 Calais:

I'll still honor the October deal of half price rears, so that makes it $131 for front and rear HPX delivered, or $191 for front and rear A1RM delivered.

Any questions give me a bell on 1300 884 836.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #28

Another happy QFM customer:

Greg, got the pads put on today....freaking awesome man. I'll be highly recommending these to anyone who asks. The cold bite and the amount of speed it wipes off is just awesome!

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/927602-post29.html

jamesjgts25t
Post #29

Received my pads this morning.Haven't had a chance to test them out yet but I was very happy with service, delivery time and price.
Thankyou...

gslrallysport
Post #30

*** Half Price Rears Deal Continues! ***

Due to popular demand we've extended the half price rears deal until the end of the year. That makes:

A1RM - $191 front and rear delivered!
HPX - $131 front and rear delivered!

Any questions, or to order, don't hesitate to call us on 1300 884 836!

DBL15
Post #31

2003 FPV BA GT-P

4 spot Brembo's need front and rear pads for street use only

and do you do rotors?

355mm fronts

330mm rears

DBA 4000 slotted

gslrallysport
Post #32

QUOTE(DBL15 @ Nov 13 2008, 09:24 PM) [snapback]1283150504[/snapback]

2003 FPV BA GT-P

4 spot Brembo's need front and rear pads for street use only

and do you do rotors?

355mm fronts

330mm rears

DBA 4000 slotted

Hi mate,

Unfortunately unless you can supply old backing plates or used pads then QFM won't be able to do pads for the Brembo gear. Priced up EBC Red and Green instead:

Front Green $359
Front Red $420
Rear Green $279
Rear Red $385

With regards to rotors, we've all but stopped going DBA gear just because we had too many issues with quality, so now only do RDA and EBC.

RDA Front Slotted $930 pair
RDA Rear Slotted $665 pair
EBC Gold Passivated Slotted and Dimpled $1069 pair
EBC Gold Passivated Slotted and Dimpled $799 pair

Regards,
Greg

jamienumber9
Post #33

Hi Greg. Do you have Pads for a 1988 Toyota MR2 (AW11)

If you come up with 2 different brake sizes, it has the bigger, thicker front discs.

I couldn't find any info on applications for the different models of QFM pads, so I'll ask your opinion, if I could.

Basically its a 1200kg car that is used mostly on the street, but I'd like to get it to a track day once or twice. Which pad would you recommend for this?

Thanks

Jamie

gslrallysport
Post #34

QUOTE(jamienumber9 @ Nov 20 2008, 04:42 PM) [snapback]1283182120[/snapback]

Hi Greg. Do you have Pads for a 1988 Toyota MR2 (AW11)

If you come up with 2 different brake sizes, it has the bigger, thicker front discs.

I couldn't find any info on applications for the different models of QFM pads, so I'll ask your opinion, if I could.

Basically its a 1200kg car that is used mostly on the street, but I'd like to get it to a track day once or twice. Which pad would you recommend for this?

Thanks

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I would still go the A1RM compound. It's a 100% streetable pad, and because it works from dead cold, won't be a problem on your relatively light car. The ability to handle 780 degrees though when required will hold up well, plus they don't chew rotors or dust alot.

The front pads are a regular line, and something that we usually keep in stock, but is currently on about a 2 week back order. The rears aren't actually a pad that QFM does, but we can get them custom made by sending them backing plates. What I usually do is buy really cheap RDA pads, and get them stripped and re-lined by QFM, but it does bump the price up a bit.

The front are the regular A1RM price of $119, but the rears as a custom pad will set you back $149, and about 5-6 weeks. Still ridiculously cheaper than equivalent pad like EBC Red or Ferodo DS2500.

Any dramas or questions let me know.

Regards,
Greg

gslrallysport
Post #35

HPX fitted to 300ZX Convertible

I have been running the HPX on the front of the convertible for a couple of months now. I have not noticed any dust and the difference to whatever pads were there before is that they perform near 100% from the very first application.

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showpost.php...mp;postcount=17

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x