Page 2 of 11
Jump to page
SoSic RX3
Post #36

Pm me name and location please

tofast
Post #37

QUOTE(NewlyAwakeN @ Apr 1 2008, 10:26 PM) [snapback]1282126708[/snapback]

As someone said previously, dont' pay the loan and let the bank reclaim your car.

This might mean you can't get a loan for a year due to bad name etc, but it's better then paying for a car you don't have.

Also, please keep this civil and well mannered or it will be closed.

Also, could someone please PM myself the name and location of this business for personal reasons. Thank you.

Sorry i told him the same thing ,its a personal loan he used on the car ,its not secured againsts the car ..

El Pedro
Post #38

Sounds like a bit of bullshit to me. I'd like to hear the other side of the story. I know the shop you are talking about and I don't think they could be arsed going to all that trouble. I bet they just wanted to be paid for the work they did.

TwinCam16
Post #39

So tell him to go get another load and secure the loan on the car smile.gif

Or just report the car stolen wink.gif

El Pedro
Post #40

I also like the fact that you make a new account to post this shit. Pretty weak IMO.

MYb13
Post #41

thx. will make sure I let my friends know

J2
Post #42

PM name of workshop please biggrin.gif

I8ADX
Post #43

pm me the name please.

Rookie ROX
Post #44

I'm absolutely astounded your 'friend' let a workshop take and sell a car that wasn't theres and never sought legal counsel.

He may not have had a written agreement as proof, but if he didn't, neither did the workshop.

However there's something odd about this, and there's certainly more to the story. 51NAA is absolutely right though, there's three sides, and we've only heard one version from a third party.

ROCK ON
R~R

Blake
Post #45

please pm me to, cheers mate

tofast
Post #46

i think he is goin to the medea , but its a really confusin situation or a loop hole in our system .
Think about it we have laws to protect ther buisnesess an laws to protect consumers ,mainly against retailers as a consumer .
But 4 mechanical work , u have mta that really only covers bad workmanship or a defect part ,but for our cars when it comes to custom work ,ther is no set price or law to cover u from shonks unless u have it in writing ,which most performance shops wont do cause its custom work ,an they will say any price . but most of us know a ball park figure if u been round longer enough . yes theres 2 sides 2 a story i agree , but i know 4 intercool pipes ,not the cooler ,a fuel pump an a second hand exhaust from cat back plus engine mounts is not worth 7k , u agree ?

Cleutin
Post #47

cant sell something that isnt yours to sell.

they cant provide ownership papers, transfer rego, NOTHING.

work done on the car that wasnt requested - you said he signed a job card - what jobs were on that car that were being done? THAT is the written agreement right there. if they did any work that was NOT on that card, then they will be bent over and given a good reaming.

supra-tt
Post #48

Has anyone seen Alien Vs tongue.gif

These guys seem like they want to get dosed on, I know i wont be taking my car there again !

headsense
Post #49

Certainly an incovenience but this story does not ring full true without more detail . If the proper procedures were put in place to collect the debts , the orginal owner would be entitled to copies of documentation throughout the process . Simply it should not have come to this unless it was ignored until it was too late .

MRT78
Post #50

I remember a yellow supra was there when i was there just to get a new diff and it would've been there for over a month...

zack
Post #51

man just take it to the courts most things you sign these days dont have a leg to stand on ,did you get a carbon copy of what you signed ,if not its already going against him as paper work should be recieved by both parties .....
to auction your car off or sell it off takes paper work .....did you recieve any ?has he produced any
Have you got the paper work for payments ?
also to sell your car a notice of abandonment must be lodged with the local council then only he can take possesion .........
did you pay gst ?
was there a abn number on the document you signed ?
Sounds like you may have a good case speak to a legal rep may cost $100 or more but atleast you will be pointed in the right direction.......

tofast
Post #52

look you guys have your opinions an answers , i thought the same thing when i found out what was goin on .. i said call the police report it stolen ,answer its a civil matter if the shop has interest in the car meaning it owes them money its non police matter an u cant report it stolen if u handed them the keys . next one small claims wont deal with the matter if you got no evidence or not in writing an he sighned a job card autherising them 2 carry out the work but only the work he asked 4 ,so who knows what they can add on to it . next one the law states a thing called repairers lien ,which means they can have posession of car til paid in full . next one who 2 say what price they can charge ,there is no governing on these shops . next one .. the law states if bill not payed in 6 months he has the right to sell only 4 the amount it owes him , nothin saying he cant buy it himsef ? .. next one ring any fkn solicotor an c if they know what u can an cant in this situation ,every one i phoned to help him an his frustration all said there not up to date on this an they will get back to me an the only answer i got was you cant sue him til bil is paid ,then take him to court to claim . 2 fuckn late now . what can u do now ,the shop fuckd him but never broke the law by doin it . if u got a answer sure would like 2 know?

oovro
Post #53

What you will find is that under the unclaimed goods act is that the car must be sold at a public auction not private. If they have failed to do this they are in breach of the law and your friend can take them to court.
Tell your friend to get a lawyer and get his car back.

MYb13
Post #54

well your nice tofast. funny how your new. u could be the owner of the shop and trying to make yourself look good

TwinCam16
Post #55

QUOTE(MRT78 @ Apr 1 2008, 10:56 PM) [snapback]1282126937[/snapback]

I remember a yellow supra was there when i was there just to get a new diff and it would've been there for over a month...

I reckon this fella must have gone there for a service

QUOTE(antonio @ Mar 30 2008, 06:47 PM) [snapback]1282115082[/snapback]

Everything you would do at the regular 100,000km service, but obviously now since your in the 200,000km bracket and generaly most engines around this time start to get some generic problems of being an old car forged rebuild would be a good base to start with for the service.

Rookie ROX
Post #56

Ok so you've posted a big rant and rave abusing a company, but don't want to listen to any advice and abuse everyone who does?

Good job thumbsup.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

Manic 180
Post #57

can someone pm me company name please??

SkiDMaN
Post #58

This workshop fails miserably at life.... do the work at home... its better... and cheaper.

They also fucked a tune on a mates car and it left there with less horse power than what it did when it went in!

And dont forget kids... its ok if the engine light is on while ur accelerating (Power FC)

supra-tt
Post #59

april fool's??

oovro
Post #60

QUOTE(supra-tt @ Apr 1 2008, 11:24 PM) [snapback]1282127101[/snapback]

april fool's??

It's after 12 noon.

HSV
Post #61

TRY to keep it within reason people.

Legally they cant keep your car, call the Police, explain the situation, the car cannot be kept there you will find. Take a trip down there with the Police citing theft and you will soon find your car or your mates car or whatever back in your possession.

Manic 180
Post #62

warning. names will not be posted in this thread.

in any form.

angels666
Post #63

Oh I just clicked who it is ohnoes.gif

I thought it was the other one *points*

This thread is going to get ugly quickly once word gets out for obvious reason unsure.gif

GT-bikes-chick-08
Post #64

i know where im not going when i get my new car then

tofast
Post #65

QUOTE(El Pedro @ Apr 1 2008, 10:35 PM) [snapback]1282126779[/snapback]

Sounds like a bit of bullshit to me. I'd like to hear the other side of the story. I know the shop you are talking about and I don't think they could be arsed going to all that trouble. I bet they just wanted to be paid for the work they did.

well you got nothin to worry about then have you ? feel free ,what you do an who u choose to do work is your choice ,since u know them like many others have 2 an have stated there opionon with not so many good ones mind u ,thats up 2 u . good luck

oovro
Post #66

QUOTE(HSV @ Apr 1 2008, 11:26 PM) [snapback]1282127112[/snapback]

TRY to keep it within reason people.

Legally they cant keep your car, call the Police, explain the situation, the car cannot be kept there you will find. Take a trip down there with the Police citing theft and you will soon find your car or your mates car or whatever back in your possession.

Im sorry i will have to say your wrong there. I am a business and have gone through this process.
They can keep the car as they have a special interest in the vechele due to moneies owed for services rendered. You have 6 months to pick up your car and pay the bill. They can not charge you for storeage fees however. If you do not pick up your car by the end of 6 months the company must then place an add in at least 2 i think newspapers that curculate the state. after that they must apply for an order to sell your car through the courts under the uncollected goods act. Once they have obtained the grant they must sell the car at a public auction.

If they have not followed this to a the letter they are in breach of Queensland law and then they can be sued and or charged with motor theift.

shonkas88
Post #67

just let me know if u contact a current affair i would love to see tracey grimshall kicking some arse lol

i wonder if the other forum site that this company is a major sponser of has picked up on this yet....

Manic 180
Post #68

can you guys not fucking read/

warnings will be handed out from now.

ExodusDesign
Post #69

Must be about "close thread" time

Rant has been ranted, no need for feedback

details can be obtained via Pm from thread poster if need be

TwinCam16
Post #70

Happy Days!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 11
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x