List Of Cars That Fit A Ba Engine?  

parker general
  • parker general
  • Standard User
  • Member No.: 80,323
Post #1 post 25th March 2008 - 02:01 AM
Was just after some help, if people could post up what cars will fit a BA engine (2002 onwards Ford XR6) into their engine bay? Also the T5 Manual Gearbox has to fit. Any car. cheers.
headsense
Post #2

Any Ford Falcon built since the early 60's , sedan , ute , wagon

Any Ford truck built since the early 50's

Any Ford Cortina

Any Ford Capri with a bit of nudging

Any Holden H series body

Etc etc etc

Seriously you have something in mind be more specific , with and oxy and some basic fab work this engine could fit most anyhwere

iamhappy46
Post #3

^^ Yeah, the fordforum evevn has a walkthrough guide on fitting the BArra 6 and turbo 6 into any XF onwards EFI Ford Falcon.

s2_12a
Post #4

hey
i think i read your same post in the ford forums.
i think he wants to know if a xr6t or normal xr6 motor fits into a s13

hope that helps

OIM.666
Post #5

TC/TD/TE/TF Cortina.

That is the best option.

iamhappy46
Post #6

The Ford 4L motor will not fit into an S13 without a MASSIVE bonnet scoop to clear the motor. The motor height is the problem with this project.

TTV8
Post #7

if ya want a street racer, got the capri, apparently have the lightest body.
i said "apparently", i could be wrong.

parker general
Post #8

Yeah the bonnet clearance aint an issue. Just wondering if it will fit into the S13 really.

Yeah, really looking for the lightweight body, and a big engine. haha.

headsense
Post #9

Three minutes with a tape measure would tell you wether it fits or not .

I suspect there'd have to be a lighter body option than the S13 available too just quietly .

parker general
Post #10

Yeah there are lighter bodies ofcourse... but once you go below 1000kg, (I think) the engine size legally is so much smaller. Over 1000kg, and you can gain more cc's.

iamhappy46
Post #11

It is over 1100Kg's actually to fit any size motor.

800Kg car will take a 2400cc motor(non FI) or divide the cc's by 1.2 to get the forced induction cc limit(2000cc)

One of the best swaps is a VR4 4G63B with a Sigma box into an early 1970's era RWD Lancer.

s2_12a
Post #12

What about putting something like a xr8 bulge onto it i saw it on a s13 silvia which had some kind of v8 in it which protruded out of the bonnet so they cut it out and fitted the xr8 bulge into it looked mint
hope that helps

sussba
Post #13

MY CURRENT PROJECT IS A LS1 IN A SIGMA ID GO FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT THE I6'S ARE TO TALL TO THINK ABOUT PUTTING INTO A SMALL CAR

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x