Bwcp Police Busts Suck  

Page 6 of 6
Jump to page
Joyrid3r
Post #176

QUOTE(Ryanator @ Jan 16 2008, 10:39 PM) [snapback]1281821721[/snapback]

No i mean the Police taking it to the next step and trying to fault for little things. I dont condone illegally moddified cars cause if they hit me my insurance wont pay for a longer period of time.

if its ILLEGAL you wont get a payout.

Laterz.
Post #177

QUOTE(Joyrid3r @ Jan 16 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]1281821697[/snapback]

if you drive your ILLEGALLY modified vehicle on a PUBLIC road, doesnt matter where your going or what your going there for, how is that wrong??
most petty stations have trailers for hire, which i'm sure would be much cheaper than paying for the defects i've seen most imports get.

I personally drive a legally modified car, I have 3 mod plates under my bonnet with paperwork to match in the glove box, it did cost me a bit more but its saved me quite a few times. i also have the guidelines to 'roadworthiness' in there as well, which puts cops off when its sitting on the passenger seat when i get pulled over.

How do I get a mod plate for an aftermarket exhaust?

They can defect you for exhaust if they wish... something about "Changing the exhaust system to reduce efficency".. thats wat my fine said.

MAN RACER
Post #178

The thing that gets to me the most is you can mod ya car and get pinged for it yet if you drive a porche for example they have models that the front tyres are a different size to the rear yet they wont get a ticket for that.If you go buy bus they have air bags on them but we cant put them into our cars to mod them as do trucks ambos!!!! Yet if you drive a hot rod you can have blowers hanging out the bonnet lower than 3inches of the deck ect ect do you get wear im comming from .Its our wright to choose the colour of our cars but the way things are going with some laws today we wont even be able to do that . dunno.gif dunno.gif

HSV
Post #179

QUOTE(MAN RACER @ Jan 17 2008, 06:37 AM) [snapback]1281822058[/snapback]

The thing that gets to me the most is you can mod ya car and get pinged for it yet if you drive a porche for example they have models that the front tyres are a different size to the rear yet they wont get a ticket for that.If you go buy bus they have air bags on them but we cant put them into our cars to mod them as do trucks ambos!!!! Yet if you drive a hot rod you can have blowers hanging out the bonnet lower than 3inches of the deck ect ect do you get wear im comming from .Its our wright to choose the colour of our cars but the way things are going with some laws today we wont even be able to do that . dunno.gif dunno.gif

Those are pretty bad examples, they are all built from factory like that (except the hot rods of course). Most hot rods are built from the ground up and have to pass stringent engineers approval before being allowed on the road. It also comes down to attitude as has been stated a million times in this thread and others, generally the people that own and drive hot rods arent doing burnouts or racing from every set of lights, and when pulled over dont carry on like a pork chop about it.

2BNVS
Post #180

cracks me up when ppl say make sure ur car is legal blah blah,,, at the end of the day legal means 100% stock not modded in the slightest... argue all u want but if a cop wants to bust u for any the smallest mod he will...

i dont understand why they dont do like toombal carpark, where the cops actually sit there just to make sure no one does anything stupid

been there many times with some nuts cars, as long as ur not doin dumb stuff they couldnt give a shit

Rookie ROX
Post #181

QUOTE(Laterz. @ Jan 16 2008, 11:58 PM) [snapback]1281821906[/snapback]

How do I get a mod plate for an aftermarket exhaust?

They can defect you for exhaust if they wish... something about "Changing the exhaust system to reduce efficency".. thats wat my fine said.

All you need to do is have it tested to prove it doesn't exceed the legal db limit for the year your car was built (usually 90db for most). That's what it's for.

QUOTE(2BNVS @ Jan 17 2008, 08:45 AM) [snapback]1281822225[/snapback]

i dont understand why they dont do like toombal carpark, where the cops actually sit there just to make sure no one does anything stupid

been there many times with some nuts cars, as long as ur not doin dumb stuff they couldnt give a shit

They did. But even at Toombul, people are STILL absolute wanknuts and try and be hektik by doing burnouts right in front of the cops. Did you even read the article? And the bit about the multiple people who did exactly that?

The simple fact is that there's too many knuckle dragging halfwits who get so aroused by burning rubber they don't give a crap about anything or anyone. Even if the police changed their stance completely and supported areas like BWCP, you'd still have above idiots ruining it, and there's only so long the police can let it slide before (a) someone complains or (b) someone gets hurt - Now it's all on the police and not the idiot.

ROCK ON
R~R

clutch-monkey
Post #182

QUOTE(MAN RACER @ Jan 17 2008, 06:37 AM) [snapback]1281822058[/snapback]

The thing that gets to me the most is you can mod ya car and get pinged for it yet if you drive a porche for example they have models that the front tyres are a different size to the rear yet they wont get a ticket for that.If you go buy bus they have air bags on them but we cant put them into our cars to mod them as do trucks ambos!!!!

isn't that because they're designed like that from factory... rather than some halfwit cutting away at bits to fit them in? there's been a fair few dangerous modifications seen on this site alone..

hampton
Post #183

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Jan 16 2008, 07:08 PM) [snapback]1281820852[/snapback]

That's not their problem though. Ignorance is no excuse. It's your responsibility to make sure what you do, or what you buy, meets the standards. Pretty much everything you need to know if available online as a PDF. If you're unsure, ask before doing it. That's where the problem lays in that people just think they can do anything then whinge when they get caught. Or alternatively a lot of them know the laws and ignore them.

But there has been times where you can take your car and have police inspect it, Cameron who has been attending CB cruises has been doing that being a police officer.
Nothing. But neither is not having a catalytic converter. It's a defect for failing to comply with EPA regulations. It should be passing through the cat, and an atmospheric BOV fails to do that. Get a plumbback and you don't have an issue.

ROCK ON
R~R

yes but ignorance is a natural human trait. of course its your own responsibility what you do and you can't blame anyone else for it blah blah blah its all been said 100 million times in this thread. i wasn't asking for people to be allowed to make excuses i was merely suggesting the police should try and have a better public relations strategy than what they have now. Its great if you have a computer isn't it rookie but some people don't, all the information is available in the law library in the city - but how many people actually know that and are actually gonna go there and check it out? I was suggesting a way to stop wingers from winging! and saying "alot of them know the laws and ignore them" what about the people who don't!

As you said yourself rookie they make no money from the defects so why would it hurt them to maybe give out warnings instead? Having a system where you're a repeat offender they have it on file and thats when you get the fine. I'm not making excuses, as it honestly doesn't affect me, but the situation is only going to get worse.

Who would take their car to a police station and say can you inspect this? yeah and come away with $300 worth of fines. sounds great!

fullysicman
Post #184

QUOTE(hampton @ Jan 17 2008, 09:41 AM) [snapback]1281822387[/snapback]

yes but ignorance is a natural human trait. of course its your own responsibility what you do and you can't blame anyone else for it blah blah blah its all been said 100 million times in this thread. i wasn't asking for people to be allowed to make excuses i was merely suggesting the police should try and have a better public relations strategy than what they have now. Its great if you have a computer isn't it rookie but some people don't, all the information is available in the law library in the city - but how many people actually know that and are actually gonna go there and check it out? I was suggesting a way to stop wingers from winging! and saying "alot of them know the laws and ignore them" what about the people who don't!

As you said yourself rookie they make no money from the defects so why would it hurt them to maybe give out warnings instead? Having a system where you're a repeat offender they have it on file and thats when you get the fine. I'm not making excuses, as it honestly doesn't affect me, but the situation is only going to get worse.

Who would take their car to a police station and say can you inspect this? yeah and come away with $300 worth of fines. sounds great!

I would have thought that everyone on here has a computer. Hmm am I being sarcastic. Gee I wish i had a computer.. Oh and I think the cops will get a better attitude when the morons that do fully sic skids and have crap defective cars get a better attitude towards the law.

Rookie ROX
Post #185

QUOTE(hampton @ Jan 17 2008, 09:41 AM) [snapback]1281822387[/snapback]

Why?

Because there's too many idiots, and plenty self professed on this forum who think a warning is a win to them. They don' t think "Oh gee, that was lucky, I won't do that again", they think "Oh gee what a toss, let's lay some more rubber" and then proceed to whinge because a different "wanker" of a cop fined them instead of handing out another warning. Having said that, I'm also well aware of many people who HAVE had leniency shown towards them, so I don't know what you're complaining about anyway.

And there's a simple addage out there - If you can't afford to do it right, don't do it at all. You don't even need a computer or need to visit the library, a simple phone call to the QT Modification Hotline will have your questions answered. Or are the people who can afford $3k worth of wheels and tyres not afford a 40c local call?

The simple fact is the laws and all the information is readily available from various sources. Just because someone is too lazy to look, doesn't mean crap. They're not going to ease up because people will just take complete advantage of the situation and continue to fuck it up for everyone else.

ROCK ON
R~R

[500BZZ]
Post #186

cops will probably be there every saturday night

Philthy
Post #187

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Jan 18 2008, 02:17 PM) [snapback]1281827134[/snapback]

Why?

Because there's too many idiots, and plenty self professed on this forum who think a warning is a win to them. They don' t think "Oh gee, that was lucky, I won't do that again", they think "Oh gee what a toss, let's lay some more rubber" and then proceed to whinge because a different "wanker" of a cop fined them instead of handing out another warning.

ROCK ON
R~R

Never a truer word said Rookie. It really shit's me when I read "I got pulled up but the dumb ass cop didn't know what he was looking at so gave me a warning"

Yes he gave you a warning because he was being lenient in the hope that you will appreciate it and get it fixed without going away with a bad attitude about the police.

pin
Post #188

i stay away from the cruising scene for these reasons..

M.A.D
Post #189

QUOTE(Philthy @ Jan 18 2008, 06:49 PM) [snapback]1281827980[/snapback]

Never a truer word said Rookie. It really shit's me when I read "I got pulled up but the dumb ass cop didn't know what he was looking at so gave me a warning"

Yes he gave you a warning because he was being lenient in the hope that you will appreciate it and get it fixed without going away with a bad attitude about the police.

True True mate, I remember that guy on NS who had the S15 Varietta in Melbourne, got pulled over for something, was found to have defectively low tread level, and so the cop, being a top bloke, gave him until midnight to drive home(instead of a tow truck) and to get the defect cleared soon after. The dumbass went away, only to park in a carpark complex and go clubbing all night and drive the car home in the morning. He then boasted about it on NS, the cops saw it, and hilarity ensued.

I have mates who do stupid shit and are so lucky that they dont injure themselves or others, let alone get done by the cops, and when they get a warning , dont heed the advice. Some people, it seems , will never learn. These same people will continue to ruin it for others Im afraid.

slo202
Post #190

biggrin.gif ok hear it is if your car dose not match these rules dont drive it on the road http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/...ion_jan05v2.pdf thumbsup.gif

B Unit
Post #191

QUOTE(Joyrid3r @ Jan 16 2008, 10:31 PM) [snapback]1281821697[/snapback]

I personally drive a legally modified car, I have 3 mod plates under my bonnet with paperwork to match in the glove box, it did cost me a bit more but its saved me quite a few times. i also have the guidelines to 'roadworthiness' in there as well, which puts cops off when its sitting on the passenger seat when i get pulled over.

Well it's good to see someone doing the right thing. Lucky the police don't call you a smart arse for carrying the guidelines around haha.

QUOTE(slo202 @ Jan 18 2008, 10:11 PM) [snapback]1281828413[/snapback]

biggrin.gif ok hear it is if your car dose not match these rules dont drive it on the road http://www.transport.qld.gov.au/resources/...ion_jan05v2.pdf thumbsup.gif

Should be compulsory reading for some of the boost community.

TEA54
Post #192

QUOTE(boozt @ Jan 16 2008, 09:54 AM) [snapback]1281821013[/snapback]

People still go there? What's wrong with you people?

Does anyone under 23 know where Riverside is???? NO??? Thats because the cops used to target us there too.

The roads got changed and closed - The cops were always there...... and after years of being hounded there - it is no longer a "hot spot" or where "hoons" go.....

BWCP will end up the same way people..... Because they have a task force for it at the moment on the GC.... When Brisbane has a roaming one... I think you will find that the industrial "fun" will soon end also. The fact at the moment is that your local five-0 can block in 50 cars watching idiots do skids!!

thumbsup.gif

Su8aru Mad
Post #193

is thread still alive..... man..... head_wall.gif

B Unit
Post #194

QUOTE(TEA54 @ Jan 19 2008, 04:08 PM) [snapback]1281829963[/snapback]

I think you will find that the industrial "fun" will soon end also. The fact at the moment is that your local five-0 can block in 50 cars watching idiots do skids!!

Industrial fun........lol....... It gets mentioned on here by a few people who obviously don't know that this forum is monitored.

FI6
Post #195

Indeed Monitored.

hampton
Post #196

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Jan 18 2008, 02:17 PM) [snapback]1281827134[/snapback]

Why?

Because there's too many idiots, and plenty self professed on this forum who think a warning is a win to them. They don' t think "Oh gee, that was lucky, I won't do that again", they think "Oh gee what a toss, let's lay some more rubber" and then proceed to whinge because a different "wanker" of a cop fined them instead of handing out another warning. Having said that, I'm also well aware of many people who HAVE had leniency shown towards them, so I don't know what you're complaining about anyway.

And there's a simple addage out there - If you can't afford to do it right, don't do it at all. You don't even need a computer or need to visit the library, a simple phone call to the QT Modification Hotline will have your questions answered. Or are the people who can afford $3k worth of wheels and tyres not afford a 40c local call?

The simple fact is the laws and all the information is readily available from various sources. Just because someone is too lazy to look, doesn't mean crap. They're not going to ease up because people will just take complete advantage of the situation and continue to fuck it up for everyone else.

ROCK ON
R~R

im not asking for your permissioin on my idea rookie, thats all it is an idea. ideas are needed currently because i think the situation is pretty pathetic on both parts. im not asking for excuses, and its silly letting the idiots who rip a skid and think police are tossers win. the attitude "deal with it" really doesn't work for me. im not complaining really just wanting help resolve the ill feelings. I don't really ill have feelings towards the police nor the idiots who rip skids. but a lot of people do on here..

i agree with all your comments on if you can't afford to do it right dont do it etc. but thats not going to ever fix the relationship between police and the public. everyone does something in their day to day life thats illegal. I mean barefeet in public is against the law!

i can't see why police/qld transport are there to enforce the laws, they can't educate them aswell. I'm not excusing people who know their car is illegal, but sometimes you truly don't know and just cos someone else exploits the system isn't right..

being misunderstood is a pretty bad feeling and i think how a lot of young people and their cars.

NewlyAwakeN
Post #197

QUOTE(Su8aru Mad @ Jan 19 2008, 05:39 PM) [snapback]1281830301[/snapback]

is thread still alive..... man..... head_wall.gif

Yes it is, it's a good heated discussion, and for once no one is name calling or acting like a retard. Until then, i'm fine for this discussion to continue, or till a resolution is reached.

floordweller
Post #198

QUOTE(hampton @ Jan 22 2008, 01:02 PM) [snapback]1281840875[/snapback]

barefeet in public is against the law!

is this true? unsure.gif

51NGL
Post #199

QUOTE(floordweller @ Jan 22 2008, 01:54 PM) [snapback]1281841080[/snapback]

is this true? unsure.gif

no, unless that public property is a shopping centre, restruant, club or bar etc.... footpaths, roads and what not arnt.

OT: ahhhh the age old debate between whingey girly-men Vs police officers. Not once have i ever complained nor contested a defective fine. 99.9999% of the time i will talk to the officer like a good friend and 99% of the time they are linient and wont find "undisplayed H-patterns" and the likes....as said previously first impressions last!

Thinking back to when i first bought my rolla.......
Driving down the road to the QLD to register into my name and get pulled over (happened again on way home funnily enough). The 5" cannon hanging out the arse end was a dead give away it wasnt stock....so was the 700X500X90 FMIC unsure.gif haha!
Cop pulled me over and said "Gday mate, that arrr exhaust inst stock...its bloody rediculas! im afraid thats a defect right there. 5" exhaust systems are eligal" I smiled to myself inside and politely rebutted: "I think you may be mistalken sir, may i exit the vehicle?" on which he agreed. I walked to the back of the car and crouched down showing the officer the exhaust was infact a 3" from turbo and that "5' Exhaust" was only the cannon. He was slightly embarassed and proceeded to the front of the vehicle where he laughed a little and replied "nice ermm...Chrome radiator mate!" I once again smiled but kept a straight serious face (to not look like a smartass). "sir thats my FMIC"... i proceeded to pop the bonnet on my own accord and gladly "showed-off" my engine bay to him.

Long story short he could have done me for too much Db, Exhaust protruding, fuckoff FMIC sticking out, Cut front bar, too low, atmospheric BOV, chipped windscreen and plenty more...the fact i wasnt a smart ass had played a large roll in him NOT asking the other officer for help nor writing me a single defect biggrin.gif

the way i see it, if you treat them with respect and politness it will go along way!

....kinda went off track there.....long day at work ahha!

hampton
Post #200

sounds good to me. i think they respond very well to politeness and respect which they should be treated with IMHO. but i still think these "crack downs on defects" and "targetting hoons" is too general, targeting every young person who drives a performance/import/anything sporty looking is no fun, and i think there is mediation needed to bring back respect for police.. but while they're generalizing towards us.. i don't see why we as citizens can't generalise them.

p.s whingy girly men hehe im just wingy girl
pp.s im pretty sure its illegal to walk on footpaths n stuff (never enforced) because there was a terrible out break of ringworm or something that was contracted through the feet of people bearing them tongue.gif

TRD2000GT
Post #201

that's it...i'm not accepting ANY more fines at night time from police officers who aren't accompanied by a man holding a lantern walking 10 yards in front of their vehicle at a pace at which he is comfortable!

does that law still apply? it did in 1997.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 6 of 6
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x