Drug Testing - Point of interest  

Page 4 of 4
Jump to page
Garfield Gangsta
Post #106

QUOTE(slick @ Dec 4 2007, 10:02 PM) [snapback]1281690486[/snapback]

thats correct. but they are testing you behind the wheel arent they.
Really? so the World Anti-Doping Agency and the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Agency must be spinning sports men and women shit when they say weed can be detectable for up to 6 months afterwards?

It is very possible to register a positive test from just being in the vicinity.

World Anti Doping agencies are not looking for weed. They are looking for banned performance enhancing drugs. Some of which CANNOT be detected in urine, only blood. THC stores itself in fat cells and is released slowly over a long period. Metabolites the body secretes to neutralize these elements of the THC, easily overwhelm the drug.

As for being in the vicinity, you would be VERY unlucky for a saliva test to pick that up. All kits work off a percentage level to leave a margin of error. For example, poppy seeds will return a positive opiate test. Cant have that now.

A lot of the "facts" about drug tests are greatly exaggerated.

Do you drink? Alcohol is one of the deadliest drugs around... but the government taxes it, so it ok.

rotang
Post #107

QUOTE(Garfield Gangsta @ Dec 5 2007, 03:56 PM) [snapback]1281692298[/snapback]

World Anti Doping agencies are not looking for weed. They are looking for banned performance enhancing drugs. Some of which CANNOT be detected in urine, only blood. THC stores itself in fat cells and is released slowly over a long period. Metabolites the body secretes to neutralize these elements of the THC, easily overwhelm the drug.
As for being in the vicinity, you would be VERY unlucky for a saliva test to pick that up. All kits work off a percentage level to leave a margin of error. For example, poppy seeds will return a positive opiate test. Cant have that now.
A lot of the "facts" about drug tests are greatly exaggerated.
Do you drink? Alcohol is one of the deadliest drugs around... but the government taxes it, so it ok.

Slick's line of work/fun involves WADA drug tests. If he says they test him for weed, they are testing for it man.

But hayyy everyone they aren't testing for LSD, let's drive on trips! ohnoes.gif

51NGL
Post #108

QUOTE(rotang @ Dec 5 2007, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1281692359[/snapback]

But hayyy everyone they aren't testing for LSD, let's drive on trips! ohnoes.gif

EXACTLY, we can still drive on LCD, Acid, Mushrooms, Heroine, 2I-C and Fruit Batt-Saliva unsure.gif

whose keen for a "Undetectable Cruise" :S

rotang
Post #109

QUOTE(51NGL @ Dec 5 2007, 04:21 PM) [snapback]1281692390[/snapback]

EXACTLY, we can still drive on LCD, Acid, Mushrooms, Heroine, 2I-C and Fruit Batt-Saliva unsure.gif
whose keen for a "Undetectable Cruise" :S

Don't forget cocaine, you can still blow and drive ph34r.gif

rotang's coke and hooker cruises feat. 57ING on the 'cardi just got a lot more popular

Garfield Gangsta
Post #110

QUOTE(rotang @ Dec 5 2007, 04:15 PM) [snapback]1281692359[/snapback]

Slick's line of work/fun involves WADA drug tests. If he says they test him for weed, they are testing for it man.

They may test for it then. WADA has never been important to my line of work. But it's not detectable in urine for 6 months period. If the WADA says that, they are flat out lying to athletes.

sly32
Post #111

QUOTE(Phat535 @ Dec 3 2007, 01:17 AM) [snapback]1281683511[/snapback]

Like I said on the first page, the vinegar, mouthwash and vegemite rumours are just that, rumours, they don't work and never have

the vineger is defently not a rumour, thats why i said it, working around truckies and having random drug tests they would always pass around a bottle of vineger as they dont want there drivers getting done with a positive reading,

Philthy
Post #112

QUOTE(sly32 @ Dec 5 2007, 05:01 PM) [snapback]1281692519[/snapback]

the vineger is defently not a rumour, thats why i said it, working around truckies and having random drug tests they would always pass around a bottle of vineger as they dont want there drivers getting done with a positive reading,

Vinegar does not hide the presence of drugs in your system. The only thing that vinegar will do is lower the pH of urine. Amphetamines are passed from the body quicker if urine is acidified. So vinegar could reduce the
detection time for amphetamines (if your urine were to be tested, but we are talking saliva tests anyway.) However, the times we are talking about are minute. Drinking neat vinegar will also give you a dose of the shits.

urban_angel
Post #113

Dude you have too much time on your hands.. lol

Bottom line... drugs are dangerous.... driving on drugs is even more dangerous.... and driving on drugs and alcohol is just funked!

I think the new drug testing is great!

If you drive on drugs then you deserve to get caught!

sly32
Post #114

QUOTE(Philthy @ Dec 5 2007, 05:22 PM) [snapback]1281692583[/snapback]

Vinegar does not hide the presence of drugs in your system. The only thing that vinegar will do is lower the pH of urine. Amphetamines are passed from the body quicker if urine is acidified. So vinegar could reduce the
detection time for amphetamines (if your urine were to be tested, but we are talking saliva tests anyway.) However, the times we are talking about are minute. Drinking neat vinegar will also give you a dose of the shits.

i never said drink it, im talking about saliva tests, put vineger into your mouth then spit it out after 1 minute will get rid of any sign of drug in your mouth for a short time, so if u do it before you drive, get pulled over 15minutes later and tested it most likely will come up that you are on drugs if you are on them,

also im wondering how these tests work, as i work in a chemical plant i deal with most chemicals used to make speed and cocaine so hopefully if i ever got tested this would never show if not that would b the biggest pain in the arse testing positive just because of where i work, they are going in the right direction but they need to really work on how they are testing people and stuff

Pzztk
Post #115

QUOTE(sly32 @ Dec 5 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]1281693069[/snapback]

i never said drink it, im talking about saliva tests, put vineger into your mouth then spit it out after 1 minute will get rid of any sign of drug in your mouth for a short time, so if u do it before you drive, get pulled over 15minutes later and tested it most likely will come up that you are on drugs if you are on them,

also im wondering how these tests work, as i work in a chemical plant i deal with most chemicals used to make speed and cocaine so hopefully if i ever got tested this would never show if not that would b the biggest pain in the arse testing positive just because of where i work, they are going in the right direction but they need to really work on how they are testing people and stuff

werd.

the whole idea is pathetic.

they should have spent the money on catching dealers and actually making a difference in the drug world. yeah the roads are 'safer', but i dont think it will be safe untill they bring out individual testing every 4 years for every license holder. to me thats a safe road. my opinion: dont like it i dont want to hear it.

ty_h28
Post #116

ok guys just to clear something up .i get rdt at work all the time .and my work gave me some info .

for weed it would take you somthing like a week in a room pumped with smoke to have it in your system .so sitting next to someone smokeing a joint or having a bong wont effect you what so ever .

now for pills it takes 3 days depending on how many you had .

my mate at work got caught for x and he had 4 on sunday morning at 12am and it was in his system for 4 days becoz he didnt drink a shit load of piss like he always did.thats y he didnt get caught before becoz drinking so much flushes it .they measure x by gls its called .my work has a cut off level of 300 gls and he was 2400 on the tuesday he did the test .

i dont know how the police test with spit becoz my work does piss test but id say it only in the last 12 hours thing becoz of reserdue .but who knows

dr460n
Post #117

QUOTE(ty_h28 @ Dec 5 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]1281693211[/snapback]

i get rdt at work all the time .

do you work in road-con? i used to get tested workin' under a boral contract.

slick
Post #118

QUOTE(Garfield Gangsta @ Dec 5 2007, 04:32 PM) [snapback]1281692433[/snapback]

They may test for it then. WADA has never been important to my line of work. But it's not detectable in urine for 6 months period. If the WADA says that, they are flat out lying to athletes.

Perhaps its their way of covering themselves by extending the length of time it can stay in your system. or a scare tactic, either or! ASADA do test for illicit drugs (such as weed) as well as performancing enhancing, e.g. Wendell Sailor, e.g Shane Warne.

tis an interesting subject this one!

Rookie ROX
Post #119

QUOTE(eighty-eight @ Dec 3 2007, 04:20 PM) [snapback]1281685412[/snapback]

lol @ australia. seriously is the strictest place to drive. anyway there will still be more deaths on the road, they should focus on stopping the drugs in the first place instead of busting the final part of the drug line, the user..

rolleyes.gif

Because it's not like they have whole teams dedicated specifically for the investigation of the sale, trafficking and manufacturer of drugs. I mean the raids within the past several weeks shutting down major drug operations was just targetting the users...

This has nothing to do with the drugs themselves, and everything to do with lowering the incidences of driving whilst under the influence, with the expansion to cover drugs and not just alcohol.

QUOTE(slick @ Dec 3 2007, 06:07 PM) [snapback]1281685882[/snapback]

everyone is talking about drugs affecting their ability to drive, but the cops test you for drugs, drugs are illegal, a positive test means you have been taking illegal substances and should therefore be charged, regardless of how normal you feel or how your driving is. they aren't testing how fucked off your head they are like with alcohol, they are testing for drugs, and any trace of them. why? because they are completely and utterly illegal.

Actually that's a very common misconception.

There's no law in Queensland that states the consumption of drugs is illegal. It is illegal to posess, sell or manufacture illicit drugs, and it is illegal to driving whilst under the influence of illicit drugs, but it isn't illegal to consume them. It applies to most States in Australia.

QUOTE(blues_skaterkid @ Dec 5 2007, 03:34 PM) [snapback]1281692242[/snapback]

yeah stupid government, on one hand there opening up places methadone clinics so people can get there daily dose then on the other hand there busting up others..

What?

You do know what methadone is don't you? huh.gif

ROCK ON
R~R

flapdat
Post #120

I work in a pharmacy and know about this product, its called carbasorb X, and sorry guys, i know it won't work for THC, not sure about the other options? Maybe ask a doctor or pharmasist. But it could be a dangerous thing to be swollowing just to cover yourself "if" you get pulled up. I wouldn't recommend it.

Mr_Mischef
Post #121

Maybe the best thing they can do is make the same testing equipment available for purchase to the public, this way you could run the test on yourself anytime and know axactly where you stand before you drive dunno.gif
Makes sense to me, They have breatherlizers for sale so why not? hsdance.gif thumbsup.gif

51NGL
Post #122

QUOTE(Rookie ROX @ Dec 6 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]1281695396[/snapback]

There's no law in Queensland that states the consumption of drugs is illegal. It is illegal to posess, sell or manufacture illicit drugs, and it is illegal to driving whilst under the influence of illicit drugs, but it isn't illegal to consume them. It applies to most States in Australia.
What?

ROCK ON
R~R

What is "posess" defined as under common/statue law???

Is it the actual posession in physical form of an illicit substance outside the human body....???

or inside you?

because i read 'posess' as in 'contain' or previously aquired...meaning that inside your body you have 'contained' or 'posess' the illicit substance...

does that make sence...??

i know its far off track lol, just curious is all....

rotang
Post #123

QUOTE(51NGL @ Dec 6 2007, 04:51 PM) [snapback]1281695546[/snapback]

What is "posess" defined as under common/statue law???

Is it the actual posession in physical form of an illicit substance outside the human body....???

or inside you?

because i read 'posess' as in 'contain' or previously aquired...meaning that inside your body you have 'contained' or 'posess' the illicit substance...
does that make sence...??

i know its far off track lol, just curious is all....

From what I remember, the legal definition of "posess" means it has to be under your control, so if you can move it around, insert it in your rectum, throw it at retarded people, whatever, that's defined as posession. But once you've taken drugs you can't really "control" them any more. If that makes sense.

Pzztk
Post #124

QUOTE(Mr_Mischef @ Dec 6 2007, 04:38 PM) [snapback]1281695502[/snapback]

Maybe the best thing they can do is make the same testing equipment available for purchase to the public, this way you could run the test on yourself anytime and know axactly where you stand before you drive dunno.gif
Makes sense to me, They have breatherlizers for sale so why not? hsdance.gif thumbsup.gif

exactly what i was going to say.

but that would make the roads TOO safe. you cant make money if nobody breaks the law. plus, i dont think they want to give any drug user a chance, no matter how responsible they may be.

*if they made the law a straight-up permanent loss of license, but still handed out the tests to the public, dare i say it - i doubt anyone on drugs would even THINK of driving if they tested positive.

Philthy
Post #125

QUOTE(Pzztk @ Dec 6 2007, 06:49 PM) [snapback]1281695968[/snapback]

exactly what i was going to say.

but that would make the roads TOO safe. you cant make money if nobody breaks the law. plus, i dont think they want to give any drug user a chance, no matter how responsible they may be.

*if they made the law a straight-up permanent loss of license, but still handed out the tests to the public, dare i say it - i doubt anyone on drugs would even THINK of driving if they tested positive.

head_wall.gif

Detecting drink drivers or drug drivers is not about making money for anyone. As I have said before. To process the average drug/ drink driver is going to cost the govt a lot more money than they will get back with the fine.

Rookie ROX
Post #126

QUOTE(rotang @ Dec 6 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]1281695893[/snapback]

From what I remember, the legal definition of "posess" means it has to be under your control, so if you can move it around, insert it in your rectum, throw it at retarded people, whatever, that's defined as posession. But once you've taken drugs you can't really "control" them any more. If that makes sense.

That pretty much sums it up for you 51NGL.

Now, let's find a new way to incorporate the revenue raising bandwagon!

ROCK ON
R~R

DJC
Post #127

nice reading...

sucks for all the smokers out there..... sucks becasue now they can almost just walk up to anyone and ask for a swab test... not too far away from having cops sitting in the city pulling people over for walking under the influence.

anyone who sits back and says drugs are bad, do you drink? If so piss is actually alot higher & harmfull then weed is on the drug scale. So as has been said before get educated and research as to why weed, LSD, speed ect is all illegal in the first place. Google it.

To me this is the first step towards being able to blood test people any time any where for any reason.

ps: what is that religion that is against giving any form of body sample? Might go and join that.

51NGL
Post #128

QUOTE(DJC @ Dec 6 2007, 10:52 PM) [snapback]1281696747[/snapback]

ps: what is that religion that is against giving any form of body sample? Might go and join that.

Ive already looked into it.

It called being a 7th Day Aventis.

You dont have to supply a blood or saliva sample, however it is within the religeons rights to submit a breathe sample.

Should be a 7th dayer quite soon happy.gif

*wanted to keep that one on the 'down low' guess more people new about it than i thought sad.gif

QUOTE(rotang @ Dec 6 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]1281695893[/snapback]

ahhhhh i see. that makes perfect sence.

cheers heaps !!! thumbsup.gif

Booster1
Post #129

I think thats an important issue and I think drugs cause many problems in society...including alchohol and im not gunna lie im a big drinker...although I have never taken drugs of any form! Im not a goody goody and I have done some stupid things but ive seen/heard some bad experience coming from drugs.

The issue is many people will drive somewhere to a party or hit down and they wont want to drink because they consider it do dangerous or risky to get caught. Instead the option for them is to smoke or pop a disco biscuit...where to be honest it isn't that hard to avoid being caught!

I have seen many people pulled over under the infuence of weed who have gotten away fairly easily because the police havent got the same capabilites that they do to test for alchie.

Another thing that I have done in the past when concerned about driving the next day after a big night out I dropped into a police station and asked to be breath tested. The cop was nice and happy to oblige...fortunately I did the test because I blew over so I got my mate to drive my car.

-Harry-
Post #130

QUOTE(Booster1 @ Dec 6 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1281698120[/snapback]

im a big drinker...although I have never taken drugs of any form!

Whats the definition of hypocrisy again? head_wall.gif

Garfield Gangsta
Post #131

QUOTE(Booster1 @ Dec 7 2007, 01:50 PM) [snapback]1281698120[/snapback]

im not gunna lie im a big drinker...although I have never taken drugs of any form!

dry.gif

alcohol is a drug... an intoxicating substance. One that is responsible for more violent crimes and traffic incidents than any other drug..

4teecal
Post #132

QUOTE(Garfield Gangsta @ Dec 7 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]1281698519[/snapback]

dry.gif

alcohol is a drug... an intoxicating substance. One that is responsible for more violent crimes and traffic incidents than any other drug..

But...at this point in time.....a legal drug!

Booster1
Post #133

Im not here to defend alcahol and i understand its a drug and a damaging but what I meant is illicit drugs!

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 4 of 4
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x