Unfair Defect  

Page 2 of 6
Jump to page
minkey85
Post #36

QUOTE (mark1414 @ May 22 2014, 01:40 PM) *
On the back of the defect notice it should have payment options. One option is not to pay and instead contest it in court.

There was no fine I didn't commite an offense, I would have been better off to get a fine the I could tell my side to a judge

minkey85
Post #37

QUOTE (FCdrifter @ May 22 2014, 06:50 PM) *
if your car has current rego technically it has to be in roadworthy condition, they can check it at any time any place. ie when they defect cars on trailers/tow trucks on their way out of qld raceway. its a dog act thats for sure doing it on a visit to your house though. but technically they can do it.

That's wat the officer had said to me if I have rego it has to be in roadworthy
condition at all times, if that is true then wat ever happen to human rights an it would seem to be a very crappy world

wolfman101
Post #38

Thanks for the info plod!
That's really the worst it can be? 88 bucks and no points?
I'll happily pay that and keep it off.

vk134
Post #39

I think the PITA of the NPR cars pinging you all the time would wear you down

Shuffs
Post #40

QUOTE (vk134 @ May 31 2014, 09:02 AM) *
I think the PITA of the NPR cars pinging you all the time would wear you down

That's exactly what I was thinking,who's going to get sick of it first,before it starts turning nasty

wolfman101
Post #41

Depends how often it happens I guess. We'll see. I have anecdotes from people with nice cars in QLD who say they've run no front plate for years and never been pinged for it, others who say it happens all the time.

vk134
Post #42

The NPR cars will be a game changer, currently each car can scan approx 7000 cars per hour, they are using them to effectively get the unregistered ones off the street

Shuffs
Post #43

I dare say Wolfie,they will run out of patience,long before you run out of money.

HP Plod
Post #44

And recidivist offenders will no longer incur fines but will receive notices to appear.. I get to know my repeat offenders and lets just say they've seen the light

(I nickname my magistrates "the light ") hahaha.

wolfman101
Post #45

I'll tell them I'm really a motorbike.

Shuffs
Post #46

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ May 31 2014, 05:20 PM) *
I'll tell them I'm really a motorbike.

Do that,Big Bubba will soon have you popping mono's

xr6greg
Post #47

QUOTE (HP Plod @ May 31 2014, 01:11 PM) *
And recidivist offenders will no longer incur fines but will receive notices to appear.. I get to know my repeat offenders and lets just say they've seen the light

(I nickname my magistrates "the light ") hahaha.

Yep. Lets waste the courts time by NTA'ing people who have no front number plate, or have an unregistered car, or have no licence etc.

All of you guys who have had an actual CRIME committed against you like being assaulted, having your car stolen, wilful damage etc can wait for months and years for justice whilst we wait for the Magistrates to clear the courts of traffic matters.

Way more efficient ways of dealing with repeat traffic offenders than going before a Magistrate. Mandatory seizure / destruction / auction of vehicles (still no going to Court to commence that procedure - if the offender wants to contest the process let HIM/HER commence the civil action against the Government to have the car returned or not chopped up!)

clutch-monkey
Post #48

QUOTE (xr6greg @ Jun 1 2014, 11:02 AM) *
Yep. Lets waste the courts time by NTA'ing people who have no front number plate, or have an unregistered car, or have no licence etc.

All of you guys who have had an actual CRIME committed against you like being assaulted, having your car stolen, wilful damage etc can wait for months and years for justice whilst we wait for the Magistrates to clear the courts of traffic matters.

no revenue in that mate
cops gonna cop

i for one dgaf if they pull unregistered VN's or unlicensed maroi's etc off the road though..
no front plate- wtf speed cameras are rear facing anyway. pointless money grubbing

Shuffs
Post #49

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Jun 1 2014, 12:33 PM) *
no revenue in that mate
cops gonna cop

i for one dgaf if they pull unregistered VN's or unlicensed maroi's etc off the road though..
no front plate- wtf speed cameras are rear facing anyway. pointless money grubbing

Now that the privacy law has been revoked in NSW,most of them can get you going both ways,(they've just extended the sensors into both lanes),the one on the highway at Byron Bay is an example,and there are quite a few more in the Northern Rivers area.

wolfman101
Post #50

Yep, they g both ways now.
Anyway, as usual, thanks Plod, super informative. All the same, I am going to willingly break the law in this case, and just see how it goes.

fearlesss
Post #51

QUOTE (HP Plod @ May 29 2014, 09:06 PM) *
Proof or GTFO!!!!!

As for the trailer rule, again I've got more chance of teaching OP to speak the queens English,

than finding an officer in my line of work that does this...it's a fallacy, it's never happened it's a case of never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

OP let's see your proof, let's see the ticket.

"Sitting idly by waiting for the wrath of being proven wrong"

I'M BACK!!!!!

Lol, don't you look like a doofus now. I didn't see any wrath ?

vk134
Post #52

I'm with XR6 on this, stop clogging the courts with the traffic matters, although some officers must like it by the amount of pointless tickets they write.
Wolfie, not really worried about speed cameras, more the NPR cars, they just cruise through traffic, can sense front back and sides for when they are stopped at intersections, the guy just radioing through to following unmarked cars , very effective method.
But it is really fn silly, given that the original Q plates, there was only 1 issued, so fk knows what happens when some fwit of an officer gets a boner about no front plate, tempting to reg one of the cars with an old Q plate

FawDawz
Post #53

if your car is on private property and is registered they can defect it. Suspicion of driving.

Simple.

Been done for it.

Dont fight it or they will just come again

Put it on SPER and keep the paments as low as possible

vk134
Post #54

FawDawz, I must say I am surprised they could do that, it would mean they could cook most track day cars when they put the race tyres on. I thought private property was exactly that, the only exception is alcohol as it is "being in control" doesn't matter where.
If HP plod, xr6 or xxxxgold could give the correct answer as I have never heard of such BS in 30 years of driving, but always had a compliant car, unless bolting on megaphone and slicks for track days

xr6greg
Post #55

QUOTE (FawDawz @ Jun 1 2014, 07:05 PM) *
if your car is on private property and is registered they can defect it. Suspicion of driving.

Simple.

Been done for it.

OMFG! Are you kidding me with that comment. The fact that you got done for it and pleaded guilty is your problem
Can't be done. Unlawful.

HP Plod
Post #56

QUOTE (fearlesss @ Jun 1 2014, 05:38 PM) *
Lol, don't you look like a doofus now. I didn't see any wrath ?

I'm still doubtful as to the validity of the initial story, as there is only one side of this tale, I must remain impartial and take a step back.. There's a few flaws in it, look at the date of the DVRN, why on earth would you bitch and whine about something from 6 months ago, it's not like he's responding to a thread with his story of how he was treated wrongly, he's started a thread with an incorrect defect.

Why is he asking for help now? It's too late, and now he says he just going to unregister his ute but he would have had to comply with this defect long ago, so does this mean the op is now WFQ for failing to comply with the notice?

It's just not sitting right...

I'll sit back and eat some pop corn,

wolfman101
Post #57

On another but related Q:
Plod,
I am running a vinyl sticker plate on the Merc ATM. I know it is illegal, despite me having gone to some expense to have it be an exact replica, in design, size and font, to a flexi-plate...even with the same reflective lettering.
Have you ever pulled one of these over? Did you have them remove it? Did you just issue a ticket?
I've had several people recently ask how they can get one, and I'd like to be able to give them fair warning...

Attached File  DSC_0145.JPG ( 6.27MB ) Number of downloads: 2
Attached File  DSC_0146_1.JPG ( 5.98MB ) Number of downloads: 2

HP Plod
Post #58

Look at the end of the day a vehicle can be defected if it's parked, definition of park, is outlined in vehicles standards... I for one have no intention of entering a yard and defecting a car at all period.

UNLESS it was used in an offence where the defect may be a contributing factor.

As for clogging the courts, well this is only an option for recidivist offenders, we have no other option, you are giving ideas but they are pipe dreams, what I have at hand is all I have so I utilise them, I make no apologies.

HP Plod
Post #59

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jun 1 2014, 09:34 PM) *
On another but related Q:
Plod,
I am running a vinyl sticker plate on the Merc ATM. I know it is illegal, despite me having gone to some expense to have it be an exact replica, in design, size and font, to a flexi-plate...even with the same reflective lettering.
Have you ever pulled one of these over? Did you have them remove it? Did you just issue a ticket?
I've had several people recently ask how they can get one, and I'd like to be able to give them fair warning...

To have something that resembles a plate is a $264 penalty,

But you drive a merc.... You can afford it hehe.

And turn your fog lights off

And no argument about daytime running lights... Totally different argument, you won't win.

Question for you, why? Why have this plate why not just use what's given to you

wolfman101
Post #60

I did for years, but it really looks shit on that front bar. You need a special holder that sticks right out and ruins the aggressive "point" on the front, see below.
I just got tired of all the Porsche GT2/GT3 guys doing it (LOTS do) and thought "Why the hell not?".

Attached File  _DSC0213.JPG ( 5.35MB ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  2011_09_20_12.18.19.jpg ( 2.11MB ) Number of downloads: 3

wolfman101
Post #61

And my fog lights turn on when I unlock the car, which I had just done in that photo. Calm down.

clutch-monkey
Post #62

QUOTE (HP Plod @ Jun 1 2014, 09:41 PM) *
Question for you, why? Why have this plate why not just use what's given to you

in my case i have nowhere to put the plate that is given to me
they can read the one on the back, and the car is fairly unique so it's not like i'm trying to duck under the law.
i might start ziptying it to the front grille or some other half assed ugly solution (because australia)

HP Plod
Post #63

QUOTE (clutch-monkey @ Jun 2 2014, 06:59 PM) *
in my case i have nowhere to put the plate that is given to me
they can read the one on the back, and the car is fairly unique so it's not like i'm trying to duck under the law.
i might start ziptying it to the front grille or some other half assed ugly solution (because australia)

Surely in this day and age of technology one can have a plate bracket manufactured that is both practical and still aesthetically pleasing?

wolfman101
Post #64

Nope, not always. Not in his case, not in mine.

HP Plod
Post #65

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jun 3 2014, 07:29 AM) *
Nope, not always. Not in his case, not in mine.

If you are driving a Mercedes like the one pictured... I'm pretty sure that people are not going to say.... WOW!!!! Look at that sweet ride.... Oh wait, it's actually pretty shit now that I saw the front plate put on a standard bracket... Eeewwwwww!!!

wolfman101
Post #66

I'm pretty sure I don't care? I think it looks daft. I'm happy to break a law that I consider facile and pointless provided the penalty is one I'm fine with, which I have just learned it is. Thanks for the info.

minkey85
Post #67

QUOTE (HP Plod @ Jun 1 2014, 09:23 PM) *
I'm still doubtful as to the validity of the initial story, as there is only one side of this tale, I must remain impartial and take a step back.. There's a few flaws in it, look at the date of the DVRN, why on earth would you bitch and whine about something from 6 months ago, it's not like he's responding to a thread with his story of how he was treated wrongly, he's started a thread with an incorrect defect.

Why is he asking for help now? It's too late, and now he says he just going to unregister his ute but he would have had to comply with this defect long ago, so does this mean the op is now WFQ for failing to comply with the notice?

*she

minkey85
Post #68

QUOTE (HP Plod @ Jun 1 2014, 09:23 PM) *

Why is he asking for help now? It's too late, and now he says he just going to unregister his ute but he would have had to comply with this defect

long ago, so does this mean the op is now WFQ for failing to comply with the notice?

Yes I unregoed it befor the defect had taken effect an I don't think its been 6months its been like 3 I had not thought to ask on boost at the time what I have said is true all good it is wat it is ill get my Ute back on the road after tax time an she will be better than ever iv done my own research an the popo can go suck a fat one

clutch-monkey
Post #69

QUOTE (HP Plod @ Jun 3 2014, 07:05 AM) *
Surely in this day and age of technology one can have a plate bracket manufactured that is both practical and still aesthetically pleasing?

no such luck i'm afraid, it's either got to go on the grille somehow which will be ugly or be a sticker on the bonnet which will be awkward. i've got the front plate in the car so i can ziptie it to the grille if it becomes an issue with police (hasn't so far, a couple commented on it though).

FawDawz
Post #70

xr6greg Post #55
QUOTE (FawDawz @ Jun 1 2014, 07:05 PM) *

Simple.

Been done for it.

OMFG! Are you kidding me with that comment. The fact that you got done for it and pleaded guilty is your problem
Can't be done. Unlawful.
post 2 days ago Reply Quote

Would of easily won in court. I know. What do you think beating a transport officer in court would do though? After he's been to my house to defect me. I would rather cop it on the chin, pay $5 a week on SPER, let him have his win and not have him harrasing me..

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 6
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x