I got lost. This the new spam thread?

alpharx7
Post #179

did someone say spam thread???

tongue.gif

Shuffs
Post #180

QUOTE (HP Plod @ May 29 2014, 09:06 PM) *
I've never heard so much dribble in my life.... That's like saying... Hey I see your car has no tyres on it when it's parked in the garage, I'm defecting it because it needs four tyres to be roadworthy!!! So effectively you're saying that we can defect your car when you are trying to fix it up...."shakes head"

Oooohhhhh how I missed these threads.....so out comes the good old phrase.

Proof or GTFO!!

"Sitting idly by waiting for the wrath of being proven wrong"

I'M OUTA HERE!!!!!

QUOTE (HP Plod @ Jun 9 2014, 07:34 PM) *
I concede defeat

Police Officer seen throwing Speed Detection Device into local creek unsure.gif

Come back Plod!

the big finger
Post #181

i saw a goat today

Shuffs
Post #182

QUOTE (the big finger @ Jun 10 2014, 08:07 PM) *
i saw a goat today

I saw a great road safety campaign video (6,309,722 views in 5 days)

HP Plod
Post #183

QUOTE (Shuffs @ Jun 11 2014, 09:21 AM) *
I saw a great road safety campaign video (6,309,722 views in 5 days)

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="468" width="625" data="https://www.youtube.com/v/JHixeIr_6BM"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/JHixeIr_6BM"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="quality" value="best"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"><param name="scale" value="noScale"><param name="salign" value="TL"><param name="FlashVars" value="playerMode=embedded" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/></object>

Brilliant idea...

Shuffs
Post #184

QUOTE (HP Plod @ Jun 13 2014, 07:08 AM) *
Brilliant idea...

I thought so too,it's now almost up to sixteen million views in seven days.

McLeod
Post #185

Great publicity stunt by VW though, they have a habit of doing vids like this that go viral.

fearlesss
Post #186

Brilliant ! , is the video real though ? would be awesome if it was

wolfman101
Post #187

Yeah, good idea, is almost certainly staged.

Shuffs
Post #188

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jun 13 2014, 12:15 PM) *
Yeah,

good idea,

is almost certainly staged.

I was sort of thinking,staged,as it was a bit convenient to have cameras on a few of the people that answered their phones,but that machine looks like what is used for triangulating phone signals(Police utilise this technology a lot),so if he was monitoring long enough,to see who entered the Cinema with their phones turned on,it wouldn't be real hard to get a camera into their vicinity,before he activated the transmit button

wolfman101
Post #189

The reactions of the people to basically every phone going off at once just weren't right.

fearlesss
Post #190

Lol that's true, if everyone's phone in the cinema all started ringing at once you wouldn't just casually pull out your phone.
And all those bastards should of had it on silent anyways.
Got any more info on the technology shuffs ? Can someone just call my phone if they are close enough ?

Shuffs
Post #191

QUOTE (fearlesss @ Jun 13 2014, 08:50 PM) *
Lol that's true, if everyone's phone in the cinema all started ringing at once you wouldn't just casually pull out your phone.
And all those bastards should of had it on silent anyways.
Got any more info on the technology shuffs ? Can someone just call my phone if they are close enough ?

OK,to hijack this thread even further,in answer to your question,can they call you,yes they can.
The machine being used was a Location Based Broadcaster,(said that in the video)normally used for broadcasting warnings,and information,needs to have an App downloaded,and the permission of the end user for the broadcast.It's use is strongly monitored in the USA,by the governing bodies,but apparently,the rules are a bit more lax in Hong Kong,so I'd say that's why that location was used
How Volkswagen Sent A Location Based SMS To Movie Goers & How You Can Too
If you have not seen the extremely effective PSA by Volkswagen to patrons in a movie theatre see below. Volkswagen sends a location SMS or “location aware text message” to viewers of the footage of a driver.
In Hong Kong there are different rules on sending messages to mobile users than here in the U.S. so it is important to follow FCC rules, CTIA guide lines and MMA best practices. Volkswagen used a location based broadcaster and sent messaging to patrons with bluetooth on, but sending a message to make a strong point as a public service announcement is going to be received differently than a spammy sales message, so you might want to think twice about investing in one.

http://www.thumbvista.com/2014/06/how-volk...a-location-sms/

So they needed an App for it all to work,so are the reactions genuine?Possibly,with this scenario someone put forward
People are given free tickets to see some "show" and aren't told what it is but that you have to pay attention from the start. Oh, and you have to download this app since we are testing a new interactive movie system. They do as they are told and when they get a ring on their phone, they look down thinking that it is part of the new system they are trying.
In that context, the reactions of these people are understandable

The triangulation of signals,to locate mobile phones,and people,that I was thinking of mainly utilises the use of towers,using the Location Based unit to pinpoint the position
Mobile phone tracking refers to the attaining of the current position of a mobile phone, stationary or moving. Localization may occur either via multilateration of radio signals between (several) radio towers of the network and the phone, or simply via GPS. To locate the phone using multilateration of radio signals, it must emit at least the roaming signal to contact the next nearby antenna tower, but the process does not require an active call. GSM is based on the signal strength to nearby antenna masts.

Mobile positioning, which includes location-based services that disclose the actual coordinates of a mobile phone bearer, is a technology used by telecommunication companies to approximate the location of a mobile phone, and thereby also its user (bearer). The more properly applied term locating refers to the purpose rather than a positioning process. Such service is offered as an option of the class of location-based services

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_phone_tracking
Sorry it's a bit long winded,but I hope it clears a couple of points up.

Faun-
Post #192

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 6 of 6
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x