Jump to page
wolfman101
Post #36

What the I don't even

Kavliari
Post #37

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ May 1 2014, 08:50 AM) *
What the I don't even

What the hell happened to this place? Where did everyone go?

wolfman101
Post #38

To hell, mostly, I assume.

Kavliari
Post #39

Oh fantastic you finally converted, good to hear.

pjc
Post #40

QUOTE (Kavliari @ May 1 2014, 10:07 AM) *
What the hell happened to this place? Where did everyone go?

over to indy and local demolition derbys at least the demos arent rigged

alpharx7
Post #41

Ricciardo wins Canadian Grand Prix thumbsup.gif

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8857131

Ricciardo wins Canadian Grand Prix

By Tim Collings 07:20 AEST Mon Jun 9 2014

Daniel Ricciardo was beaming from ear to ear on Sunday after he ended Mercedes early season domination by claiming his maiden Formula One victory for Red Bull in a dramatic crash-hit Canadian Grand Prix.

The 24-year-old Australian took full advantage of power and electrical problems that hit both championship leader Nico Rosberg and his Mercedes teammate Lewis Hamilton in the closing stages to claim a stirring triumph.

"I am still a bit in shock," said Ricciardo.

"Thanks everyone. This is ridiculous. There are lots of Australian flags ... which is nice.

"The race really came to life for the last 15-20 laps ... Hamilton had a problem and Rosberg was slow down the straights. I really struggled to get past (Sergio) Perez, but managed to do that and set my sights on Nico with a couple of laps to go.

"I finally managed to get in the right spot to use DRS - and it's an amazing feeling right now."

McLeod
Post #42

So happy that he won his first GP.

So dissapointed that it had to be during the Montreal GP when it was on at 4AM so I didnd't stay up / wake up to watch it!

Damn :S

Bob
Post #43

It was a rush to watch live. So much happened in the last ~25 laps.

McLeod
Post #44

QUOTE (Bob @ Jun 10 2014, 06:37 PM) *
It was a rush to watch live. So much happened in the last ~25 laps.

Bloody oath, it came alive as soon as Mercedes started to come unstuck!

Unfortunately thats's likely to be a one off event and they'll continue to dominate though....

alpharx7
Post #45

Ricciardo 'one of F1's best drivers'

Good to see him winning his second race. thumbsup.gif

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8881321

Daniel Ricciardo has been hailed as one of the best drivers in Formula One after scoring his second grand prix win in Hungary.

The Australian passed two former world champions in the final four laps to claim the stunning victory in a safety car-interrupted race at the Hungaroring on Sunday.

Tyre strategy proved the difference in the end, with a third pitstop and fresh rubber allowing Ricciardo to overtake Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso in the dying stages.

Ferrari's Alonso finished second for podium number two of the season, with Hamilton - who started from the pit lane after an engine fire during qualifying - crossing third.

Ricciardo's triumph follows his maiden career victory in Canada last month.

"I was just as hungry for this second one and it feels just as good," he said.

"I am definitely going to celebrate tonight, party for a few days and enjoy a few days off."

The 25-year-old won from sixth on the grid in Montreal and from fourth in Budapest - making him just the ninth man in Formula One history to win his first two grands prix from outside the top three. The last driver to do that was Kimi Raikkonen a decade ago.

He remains the only non-Mercedes driver to win in 2014 and heads into the four-week mid-season break third on the drivers' standings - 43 points ahead of teammate and defending champion Sebastian Vettel.

Alonso again praised Ricciardo for his drive, a week after applauding him for an "unbelievable" start to the season with Red Bull.

"I think he's leading the champion team - that says it all," the two-time title-winner said.

"He's doing a fantastic job this year and now he has a few bottles (of champagne).

"Congratulations to him for today, for the whole championship - it's going to be an interesting fight in the next couple of years."

Hamilton, 11 points behind leading Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg, was just as complimentary.

"(He's) not only one of the nicest guys in the paddock but also one of the best drivers here, for sure," the Briton said.

"He's been driving fantastically well from the beginning of the year.

"So, it's not only now, it's through the whole year he's shown his capability and is going from strength to strength."

His performance also drew admiration from the man he replaced at Red Bull, countryman Mark Webber - now a sportscar racer with Porsche.

"Great tactics from @redbullracing and another faultless drive by @danielricciardo spot on... proud Aussie," Webber tweeted.

Ricciardo said his aim for the second half of the season, which begins on August 24 with the Belgian Grand Prix in Spa-Francorchamp, was to "just get better".

"That's realistic. I'm young, I've still got to keep improving," he said.

"I ain't getting slower, so let's keep on this ramp and build."

alpharx7
Post #46

Good to see !!!! Riccardo get his third win for the season. thumbsup.gif

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8895687

Ricciardo thrilled to deliver landmark win

Daniel Ricciardo has risen above the ballyhoo around him to enjoy the celebrations after he delivered the Red Bull team's 50th victory in Formula One at the Belgian Grand Prix.

It also made him the first Australian winner of the race since Jack Brabham in 1960.

The win on Sunday was his third in six races and moved him to within reach of mounting a title challenge in the final races of the year.

His victory came after the two McLaren drivers, championship leader Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, crashed into each other on the second lap.

"There was a bit of pressure, though it probably looked a bit easier because I had the lead early on and I just kept it," Ricciardo said.

"We couldn't really rest though because I knew Nico Rosberg would be quick at the end, but we held on and it was nice to taste the champagne again."

Reflecting on his rapid progress in his first season at Red Bull, Ricciardo said: "It couldn't have gone better considering everything that's happened, especially during pre-season.

"It's been awesome and I have enjoyed every moment of it. Monza will be challenging, but if Mercedes slip up then we will be there to capitalise."

His Red Bull team chief Christian Horner said: "This was supposed to be a damage limitation race!

"We have managed to find a balance and Daniel has managed to find a confidence in the car that has managed to produce a good lap time.

"Ultimately we benefited from the Mercedes' little get-together, but in like-for-like pace we were not far off them today.

"The incident between the two Mercedes was two guys going for a world championship and going for the same piece of tarmac."

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 2
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x