2014 Nissan GT-R - QLD: Gold Coast  

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
wolfman101
Post #36

Yeah, the Evora s not very Lotus. More Porsche than Exige. A good try, but in the end still just not nice enough.

wolfman101
Post #37

I've seen two random r35s I've seen in the last 2 days here in Melbourne.

agt09
Post #38

How many R8's have you seen?

wolfman101
Post #39

2 also,
but they were together at a supercar event.
In total, I would say I see r35s about twice as often as r8s in Brissie.

agt09
Post #40

Mate not that I care but if you live in brissy and see double gtr's to r8s your driving with a blindfold on lol, anyways if you want to go for a cruise sometime drop me a pm with your number

wolfman101
Post #41

I look for both, and that's really how it has always seemed to me. You may be right though. A quick peruse of carsales shows half s many r35s for sale, which is really surprising to me. I would have thought that given the price/practicality difference that way more of them would be sold per year. Bad marketing maybe? Who knows.

Mcleod
Post #42

Are you two arguing about how many R8's there are versus R35 GTR's?

LoL

Audi sells more luxury vehicles in the high price bracket, whereas Nissan simply doesn't.. surely that's the ultimate reason?

wolfman101
Post #43

First world arguments. Yeah, McC, I was just genuinely surprised. I SWEAR I see more gtrs in the CBD. This started by someone saying that somehow they had NEVER Seen one, which just blew me away, that's all.
OP, it's a sweet ride.

agt09
Post #44

Not arguing, just a general discussion,
At the end of the day they are both rare cars to be seen over here, and very much depends on where you live/commute on what type of vehicles are considerd common, I love all sports/supercars

mark1414
Post #45

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Mar 16 2014, 05:57 PM) *
First world arguments.

Yeah,

McC,

I was just genuinely surprised.

I SWEAR I see more gtrs in the CBD.

This started by someone saying that somehow they had NEVER Seen one,

which just blew me away,

that's all.

OP,

it's a sweet ride.

I only saw my first 'wild' R35 GTR a few months ago.

wolfman101
Post #46

Really? Again, wow. Oh well, I accept that I was wrong. It must just be very specific to my area.

mark1414
Post #47

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Mar 16 2014, 06:24 PM) *
Really?

Again,

wow.

Oh well,

I accept that I was wrong.

It must just be very specific to my area.

Yeah I had a good think and only remember seeing that one (8MYCASH) driving on the street. Have seen a few at shows etc. I don't get into the city area much these days, I am guessing they would be much more common around you. Used to see a lot of nice cars when I was working in the city.

wolfman101
Post #48

I definitely have seen many, but I may indeed be getting a bit confused with all the ones I see out at various track events. Seems like every guy and his dog has one out there (and predictably, they own everyone).
WTF is another one that is usually hanging around the CBD...

GODZILLA
Post #49

Sweeeeet! first mod buy my number plate.. lol "FAST CAR"

jac89
Post #50

Haha! 'CHOSE' the v8 r8 over the v10! Give me a break. Yeah ill take a Ferrari with the four banger diesel thanks!!!

wolfman101
Post #51

Huh? I said "chose for several reasons". One of those reasons was cost:age. I could have bought a V10 for what I paid for the 8, but it would have been much older. I decided to go the V8 because within the budget I had set I could get one basically ex-demo, with all the options I wanted.
I didn't want to spend over 220k, and while 5.2s do occasionally pop up around that mark they will be very early, poorly specced and high KMs.
I decided to go with a basically new V8 instead.
Also, don't forget that at any point I could sell my other car for 50-60k, which would have got me well and truly into decent V10 territory, but I didn't want one enough to do that.
So yeah, "chose".

Plus, the 8 looks, sounds and handles better to boot. That said, I sure wouldn't mind that extra hundred hp...but 450 will do me just fine for now.

wolfman101
Post #52

Back to the car that is actually the subject of the thread - what's servicing like?

I've always wondered if for "normal" stuff (oil, spark plugs etc) the Nissan techs put a "GTR premium on just coz?

agt09
Post #53

Servicing is a little steep not as bad as the stupid stories going round and on forums, it's due to only 2 people per GTR dealership are authorized to work on them, and for example in Qld the only Nissan dealers that can sell/service the GTR are, Morooka,southport and mackay

wolfman101
Post #54

Interesting.

agt09
Post #55

What do you find interesting?

wolfman101
Post #56

Just that dealer and support structure.

agt09
Post #57

Yes it is structured very differently, but you have to look at it in this way, for example,

Nissan Gtr, there is no other Nissan that runs the same drivetrain, electronics, or engine.

Whereas for an example your r8,
Audi uses the r8s engine in other Audi models, as well as the same drivetrain in other models and electronics

So audi has many models that run all the same structure underneath the shell so obviously they can work on any model.

wolfman101
Post #58

Well, yes, and no.
I believe they also have specific techs who are qualified to work on the R8. The electrics are a mishmash of German and Italian, and as the gearbox and chassis setup are Lambo, I assume they just use the Lambo techs (same dealer) for those bits.
The engine and some of the other oily bits (quattro , adaptive suspension, etc) are obviously also used in other RS models, so surely normal Audi techs could do it.

jac89
Post #59

Yeah what ever helps u sleep at night. By the way, your r8 isn't the black one that was at c&c around the start of the year that was getting smoked by most cars there then cracked the shits and hard parked it in the pits for the rest of the sessions?!! 450 hp is never enough these days......... Good luck with it.

agt09
Post #60

"I added some pics I took tonight of the new front and rear lights at night on the 14", the lightning bolt front light and rear solid rings

wolfman101
Post #61

QUOTE (jac89 @ Mar 18 2014, 06:56 PM) *
Yeah what ever helps u sleep at night. By the way, your r8 isn't the black one that was at c&c around the start of the year that was getting smoked by most cars there then cracked the shits and hard parked it in the pits for the rest of the sessions?!! 450 hp is never enough these days......... Good luck with it.

Shit, guess I should bin it and just buy whatever the hell you drive then.
Seriously, why the attitude?

wolfman101
Post #62

OT:
Damn. That looks MUCH better. Really good move to go with that look by Nissan both front and rear-really freshens it up.

jac89
Post #63

Haha just sick of your talking crap on here all the time. I'm just saying what everyone's thinking....

wolfman101
Post #64

Well maybe you should let THEM say it. I'm all for free speech, and am more than used to having people heap shit on my cars. Been happening for almost a decade on here, it's all part of the fun.
Just fascinated by people's need to just come in set straight in with ad-hominems-something I NEVER do when talking about a car I like/dislike.

Faun-
Post #65

QUOTE (jac89 @ Mar 18 2014, 08:59 PM) *
Haha just sick of your talking crap on here all the time. I'm just saying what everyone's thinking....

lols.
jelly. but his comment about the v8 over the v10 thing was kinda funny wolfman.

wolfman101
Post #66

I can see where he's coming from, and I'd be lying if I said there weren't times I wonder if I made the right choice. Should I have sold the other car and just gone all-out but only have one? Maybe. But at the end of the day I usually feel like I made the right decision for the reasons I outlined. MOST days. I'm pretty happy.

BukkaneNinja
Post #67

Wolfman101 - When I said I hadn't seen them in the flesh, I meant where I can walk up and look at one.
I work at Acacia Ridge and Live Runcorn - I work 3 jobs and don't get out much.

I've seen one, in the city on the freeway a few months back - That's it.

My comment still stands - I haven't seen one up close and would love to have a look inside.

agt09
Post #68

Well BukkaneNinja, I live on the Gold Coast if you want a look at a new one let us know

vk134
Post #69

I see GODZILLA around near Bribie island as well as THE V10 audi r8, so feck know where they work around on Bribie Island

MJ80
Post #70

QUOTE (agt09 @ Mar 19 2014, 12:55 PM) *
Well BukkaneNinja, I live on the Gold Coast if you want a look at a new one let us know

Im on the gc, will you take me for a ride mamoru.gif

ph34r.gif not even kidding.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x