Shuff's General Chat Thread ... #73 - Talk about anything and everything...  

Page 258 of 487
Jump to page
Doc
Post #8996

Which course Slav.

alpharx7
Post #8997

rotary powered boat thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #8998

given that the video i posted above was a quicker MPH, that's the 'world record' that they must have broken, and not the actual time.

Slav
Post #8999

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jun 5 2015, 01:45 PM) *
at the 19th hole are you slav?

mamoru.gif

If there was one, I would do it

QUOTE (Doc @ Jun 5 2015, 01:51 PM) *
Which course Slav.

Local course, Riverlakes

alpharx7
Post #9000

breaking news........

Alan Bond dies in Perth hospital after heart surgery complications

alpharx7
Post #9001

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - Announcement Trailer

Published on Jun 4, 2015
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection brings together the first three entries in the series for PlayStation 4.

Shuffs
Post #9002

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jun 5 2015, 02:05 PM) *
rotary powered boat thumbsup.gif

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" height="468" width="625" data="https://www.youtube.com/v/XzEVTdKAmE4"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/XzEVTdKAmE4"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain"><param name="quality" value="best"><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF"><param name="scale" value="noScale"><param name="salign" value="TL"><param name="FlashVars" value="playerMode=embedded" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/></object>

God,those engines just sound so angry,and seem to make whatever they're inserted into travel at warp speed. Must be ten years ago,the young bloke bought a late sixties beetle with a Rotary in it (unregistered thank fcuk)and ended up selling it to a bloke down in Sydney,Thankfully when he decided to convert to water cooled,he went Subie,plenty of grunt,but not like letting a scalded cat out of a sack!

alpharx7
Post #9003

Nichelle was only just over here at the gold coast comic-con 6 weeks or so ago, with Gearge Takei and Walter Kroenegg.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/tv/news/star-trek...ized/ar-BBkHsc3

'Star Trek' Star Nichelle Nichols Hospitalized

Nichelle Nichols, best known as Lieutenant Uhura in "Star Trek," was rushed to the hospital in Los Angeles on Wednesday night, according to TMZ.

The 82-year-old actress suffered a mild stroke, according to the TMZ report. Her rep has confirmed to The Huffington Post that she is now resting comfortably and undergoing tests. However, Nichols' diagnosis and prognosis are currently unknown.

Nichols appeared in the original "Star Trek" TV series and reprised her role in six "Star Trek" films. She has also voiced characters in the "Gargoyles" and "Spider-Man" TV shows and played Nana Dawson in "Heroes."

alpharx7
Post #9004

alpharx7
Post #9005

^^^^ that's due out in august in McAmerica, no release date for Australia currently

alpharx7
Post #9006

QUOTE (Shuffs @ Jun 5 2015, 06:56 PM) *
God,those engines just sound so angry,and seem to make whatever they're inserted into travel at warp speed. Must be ten years ago,the young bloke bought a late sixties beetle with a Rotary in it (unregistered thank fcuk)and ended up selling it to a bloke down in Sydney,Thankfully when he decided to convert to water cooled,he went Subie,plenty of grunt,but not like letting a scalded cat out of a sack!

that was a 4 rotor engine, the same as Mad Mike's in the Mx5 that i posted on the last page. they're getting rather popular, PPRE over in New Zealand have done 3 now that i'm aware of, lexus drift car / mad mike and that boat.

the beetle would have gone quick with the rotary in it. tongue.gif

Shuffs
Post #9007

Apparently it was a well known car in the area,in its time for just that reason.When he bought it,it still had the Rotary in it,but the interior had been stripped,and a few other things had been ratted from it,but it was still a solid car.I think it was because he wasn't au fait with rotary engines that things didn't move that quickly with it,so as it was occupying one of my garage spaces downstairs,after about eighteen months,I started to dig my heels in.He advertised it,and a bloke from Sydney drove up with a car trailer and grabbed it.I showed him those couple of pics you posted a while back of that Beetle with the rotary in it,and said "could've been you",but I think he's more than happy with his Subaru conversion,and seems to be turning into a bit of a Guru on a few of the forums these days

alpharx7
Post #9008

QUOTE (Shuffs @ Jun 6 2015, 10:01 AM) *
Apparently it was a well known car in the area,in its time for just that reason.When he bought it,it still had the Rotary in it,but the interior had been stripped,and a few other things had been ratted from it,but it was still a solid car.I think it was because he wasn't au fait with rotary engines that things didn't move that quickly with it,so as it was occupying one of my garage spaces downstairs,after about eighteen months,I started to dig my heels in.He advertised it,and a bloke from Sydney drove up with a car trailer and grabbed it.I showed him those couple of pics you posted a while back of that Beetle with the rotary in it,and said "could've been you",but I think he's more than happy with his Subaru conversion,and seems to be turning into a bit of a Guru on a few of the forums these days

rele's storing their crap at your place. where have i heard that before. looks out the window at my brothers Hr parts that have been sitting here for the last 18 months.......

alpharx7
Post #9009

i tried finding out the info on the qld transport website but it doesn't say anything.......the question - when changing to club rego, if you have a personal plate / reissued plate, do you have to change to a 'club' plate style on your car? does anyone know?

Shuffs
Post #9010

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jun 6 2015, 02:35 PM) *
rele's storing their crap at your place. where have i heard that before. looks out the window at my brothers Hr parts that have been sitting here for the last 18 months.......

Tell me about it,down in the garage area,as well as three vehicles,I have three engines.Then when you go up to the next level through the laundry it's like walking into Beaurepairs,with the rims and tyres,plus he has one room under the house full of assorted shit

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jun 6 2015, 02:38 PM) *
i tried finding out the info on the qld transport website but it doesn't say anything.......the question - when changing to club rego, if you have a personal plate / reissued plate, do you have to change to a 'club' plate style on your car? does anyone know?

Yep,pretty sure you do,that's how they keep track of you.The plates here in NSW have a H on them (for Historic),and I saw a H plate in the Shitbox thread but it's a Victorian plate

alpharx7
Post #9011

QUOTE (Shuffs @ Jun 6 2015, 03:32 PM) *
Tell me about it,down in the garage area,as well as three vehicles,I have three engines.Then when you go up to the next level through the laundry it's like walking into Beaurepairs,with the rims and tyres,plus he has one room under the house full of assorted shit

Yep,pretty sure you do,that's how they keep track of you.The plates here in NSW have a H on them (for Historic),and I saw a H plate in the Shitbox thread but it's a Victorian plate

"Pretty sure" is about the same level of certainty that I hold myself. Lol.

I think that I'm just going to have to ring QLD transport and ask them. I've got a year to figure it out - I'm going to pay for full rego this year on the rx7, but come next year stuff'em. thanks Shuff's

Doc
Post #9012

Doc
Post #9013

Finally sat down to watch Maggie. Pretty average.

alpharx7
Post #9014

QUOTE (Doc @ Jun 6 2015, 10:00 PM) *
Finally sat down to watch Maggie. Pretty average.

yup, survivor isn't much better tbh, although i was reading a book with it in the background, so i didn't really get into it.

still have "run all night" to watch. wavey.gif

alpharx7
Post #9015

not sure that i'll make the All Jap show tomorrow @ Banyo. feeling a bit under the weather and am thinking it best to nip it in the bud now rather than stand outside in the wind all morning.

alpharx7
Post #9016

Gamespot names The Witcher 3 as this months 'Game of the Month'

Doc
Post #9017

Mila is usually a good watch. Worth seeing.
Might watch run all night tomorrow or project almanac

alpharx7
Post #9018

mamoru.gif

wolfman101
Post #9019

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jun 4 2015, 02:46 PM) *
you could add another 100k for being australia

rolleyes.gif

Actually, the only one that's ever been for sale here is 7 times the price:
http://www.carsales.com.au/cars/results?ar...hsrcx=makemodel

....and still not road registerable.

Shuffs
Post #9020

QUOTE (Kavliari @ Jun 4 2015, 07:31 PM) *
I've learned so much more since those days, would be interesting to debate with him again.

Where have you been Wolfie,Kav's itchin

Shuffs
Post #9021

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jun 6 2015, 06:19 PM) *
"Pretty sure" is about the same level of certainty that I hold myself. Lol.

I think that I'm just going to have to ring QLD transport and ask them. I've got a year to figure it out - I'm going to pay for full rego this year on the rx7, but come next year stuff'em. thanks Shuff's

You weren't trying real hard Alpha took me all of five minutes,slide down to the Special Interest Vehicles section and download this

special interest vehicle scheme guide (PDF, 86KB)

Looks like in QLD,your plates have an S in them

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registrati...heaper/#special

Doc
Post #9022

How gym going alpha. ?
Both my wrists have been hurting lately so invested in some wrist straps. Makes such a big difference with support when doing chest and shoulders.

alpharx7
Post #9023

QUOTE (Shuffs @ Jun 7 2015, 10:33 AM) *
You weren't trying real hard Alpha took me all of five minutes,slide down to the Special Interest Vehicles section and download this

special interest vehicle scheme guide (PDF, 86KB)

Looks like in QLD,your plates have an S in them

https://www.qld.gov.au/transport/registrati...heaper/#special

i did check, i asked people. tongue.gif

i asked around today at the All Jap show, and got the confirmation from two different sources as well. stuff paying 600 plus when i can pay $200-210.

i've read the conditions previously regarding special interest vehicles, i just hadn't read the below passage / finer details / or i'd forgotten. seriously, it's at the bottom of the page, tacked on as an after thought. rant2.gif

anyhow, thanks again Shuff's. i shall have to file an amendment to the previously filed book of useless information and see that it's shanghaied into an appropriately filed memory indeximento.

argh, creating words again. jeanyus. cool.gif

purple patch coming wait for iiiiiitttttttt. tongue.gif

Registered operators with previously issued ‘square’ motor vehicle plates as shown above may continue to
use them. However, should these plates be cancelled or in need of replacement, they cannot be reissued.
Another option for registered operators of a Special Interest Vehicle is to attach one of the many and varied
personalised plate products such as the re-issued black and white plates. The choice is yours.

mark1414
Post #9024

All Jap Day had a pretty good turnout today. Keen to see pics if anyone sees them posted could you please add a link here.

alpharx7
Post #9025

QUOTE (Doc @ Jun 7 2015, 12:24 PM) *
How gym going alpha. ?
Both my wrists have been hurting lately so invested in some wrist straps.

Makes such a big difference with support when doing chest and shoulders.

gym there's, i'm still going 5 days a week. need to tighten up on what i'm eating though.

you need to do wrist curls as a part of you workout. sit down on a bench, legs a foot apart, rest your forearms on the top of your legs and do barbell curls. i'm doing 5 sets of 20 @ 25kg. no wrist problems with other exercises.

alpharx7
Post #9026

QUOTE (mark1414 @ Jun 7 2015, 02:59 PM) *
All Jap Day had a pretty good turnout today. Keen to see pics if anyone sees them posted could you please add a link here.

618 cars. i turned up late, got yacking to two different people and didn't move more than 15m away from my car for the first hour and a half. tongue.gif

by then cars were starting to leave - i took about 8 photo's - i didn't even get an opportunity to walk around the event and see much of anything. ohmy.gif

we need another show. laugh.gif

Shuffs
Post #9027

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jun 7 2015, 02:40 PM) *
i did check, i asked people. tongue.gif

i asked around today at the All Jap show, and got the confirmation from two different sources as well. stuff paying 600 plus when i can pay $200-210.

i've read the conditions previously regarding special interest vehicles, i just hadn't read the below passage / finer details / or i'd forgotten. seriously, it's at the bottom of the page, tacked on as an after thought. rant2.gif

anyhow, thanks again Shuff's. i shall have to file an amendment to the previously filed book of useless information and see that it's shanghaied into an appropriately filed memory indeximento.

argh, creating words again. jeanyus. cool.gif

purple patch coming wait for iiiiiitttttttt. tongue.gif

I have an orange patch laugh.gif
Here's an excerpt from,and a link to Frequently asked questions right hand side,under Related Information,which seems to point at them being black and white S plates,but if you want to go personalised you can.Did you want to keep your existing plates?

What are the registration plate options for SIVs?
The standard registration plate issued to a vehicle registered under the SIV scheme is an S series plate. For those looking for an alternative to the S plate, Personalised Plates Queensland offer a range of personalised plate options. Visit ppq.com.au for more information.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/Reg...concession.aspx
Special Interest Vehicles—frequently asked questions (PDF, 69 KB)

Shuffs
Post #9028

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jun 7 2015, 03:15 PM) *
gym there's, i'm still going 5 days a week. need to tighten up on what i'm eating though.

you need to do wrist curls as a part of you workout. sit down on a bench, legs a foot apart, rest your forearms on the top of your legs and do barbell curls. i'm doing 5 sets of 20 @ 25kg. no wrist problems with other exercises.

I reckon you'd have wrist problems if you went to this gym squint.gif

wolfman101
Post #9029

QUOTE (Shuffs @ Jun 7 2015, 10:18 AM) *
Where have you been Wolfie,Kav's itchin

Where was that? Did I miss it? This is the only thread on Boost now isn't it?

Shuffs
Post #9030

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jun 4 2015, 08:26 AM) *
Lol we have had Taken, Taken 2, Taken 3, Plane Taken, Mob Taken, Snow Taken, and now Big Apple Taken.

Also, Yay! Kav is back! Now I can officially quit Facey!

^^^^^^^^^^^^
When you put that up,I assumed you had read the thread dunno.gif
EDIT:Sorry,I forgot he posted here at the same time oopsie.gif
hsdance.gif

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jun 7 2015, 05:02 PM) *
Where was that? Did I miss it? This is the only thread on Boost now isn't it?

He bumped the 'Wow' thread in Off Topic, (should still be on the main page of Social),he then came back for a couple of days,and here I was desperately trying to rekindle an old romance,but there still may be hope hsdance.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 258 of 487
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x