Shuff's General Chat Thread ... #73 - Talk about anything and everything...  

Page 392 of 487
Jump to page
alpharx7
Post #13686

thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #13687

alpharx7
Post #13688

i haven't watched any of the new series of The Thunderbirds, so i wasn't aware that WETA is the company behind the models used in the show... thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #13689

thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #13690

Nice to see that the guys at Downshift are live streaming footage on Fb from The Summernats. beer.gif

Slav
Post #13691

It was pretty funny seeing Pac Performance putting a rotary in a HR Ute! Something unexpected

alpharx7
Post #13692

QUOTE (Slav @ Jan 5 2017, 12:32 PM) *
It was pretty funny seeing Pac Performance putting a rotary in a HR Ute! Something unexpected

Having previously owned a deceased estate, one owner Hr Premier and being a rotary enthusiast all i can say is it's a waste of the HR.

I'd have fitted an Ls motor into it ahead of a rotary any day of the week. My brother has a Hr panel van with a chev in it.

alpharx7
Post #13693

available

alpharx7
Post #13694

well that's going to fcuk things up unsure.gif

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/01/0...ernats-festival

Man dies after falling off ute at Summernats car festival

A man has died following an incident at the Summernats car festival in Canberra.

Organisers say the 30-year-old died at Canberra Hospital on Friday afternoon after an incident involving a ute at 4pm on Thursday.

ABC reports the man fell off the back of the ute at Exhibition Park.

The ACT Police collision investigation and reconstruction team are investigating and a report will be prepared for the coroner.

The organisers will address the media on Saturday morning.

"The Summernats team offer their deepest condolences to family and friends of those involved," they said in a statement.

It's the first death on ACT roads in 2017.

alpharx7
Post #13695

thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #13696

skids on @ the Summernats thumbsup.gif

https://www.facebook.com/streetfx/videos/10...hc_ref=NEWSFEED

alpharx7
Post #13697

available

alpharx7
Post #13698

available

alpharx7
Post #13699

available

alpharx7
Post #13700

available

alpharx7
Post #13701

i should write this down somewhere. mamoru.gif

thumbsup.gif

Seven of Clubs Events Calendar 2017

SEVEN OF CLUBS MAZDA CAR CLUB QLD·SUNDAY, JANUARY 8, 2017
Seven of Clubs
Mazda Car Club of Queensland

Calendar of Events 2017

Jan 26 – Australia Day Cruise – The Dam Shed
Feb 12 – All Japanese Classic Day
March 19 – Cruise - Rick's Diner
April 16 – Cruise - Tarampa Pub
May 21 – Nav Run
June 4 – All Japanese Day
July 23 – Cruise – Bearded Dragon
August 26 – Jamboree
September 24 – Cruise – Gardner's Falls
October 22 – Cruise – Jacob's Well
November 26 – Christmas Break-up Cruise – Bribie Island
Any events you find or think the club should know about, please let
us know!
Don't forget to check out the facbook page for more info

Dai.
Post #13702

I have a new to me scoot coming home on Thursday,after many weeks thinking about touring the bug has finally bitten and I decided to scoop up an absolute bargain
that I had been eyeing off. Full upright position with 170 rear wheel ponies to help it move with technology gizmos from tyre pressure to fuel remaining and more, paid $10,600
with 12 months rego. It's a 2010 Kawasaki GTR 1400 which will give the Busa down time and much deserved mods.

GTR 1400 and round 1 small mods

Attached File  IMG_0016.JPG ( 2.03MB ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  IMG_0027.JPG ( 1.41MB ) Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  IMG_0028.JPG ( 1.93MB ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  IMG_0029.JPG ( 1.8MB ) Number of downloads: 5

alpharx7
Post #13703

alpharx7
Post #13704

QUOTE (Dai. @ Jan 9 2017, 04:50 PM) *
I have a new to me scoot coming home on Thursday,after many weeks thinking about touring the bug has finally bitten and I decided to scoop up an absolute bargain
that I had been eyeing off. Full upright position with 170 rear wheel ponies to help it move with technology gizmos from tyre pressure to fuel remaining and more, paid $10,600
with 12 months rego. It's a 2010 Kawasaki GTR 1400 which will give the Busa down time and much deserved mods.

GTR 1400 and round 1 small mods

nice, Grats on the purchase. thumbsup.gif

How many km's?

Dai.
Post #13705

32,000kms so pretty much just run in.I'm heading off to Sydney on monday and it's tough to decide which bike i'm riding lol.

alpharx7
Post #13706

unsure.gif

Dai.
Post #13707

Now lets see Honda make something that isn't a pile of shit,nearly all their motorcycles burn oil ha.

fr3dy
Post #13708

i created this website to get all the great builds, in the build, burnouts , everything you want out there, we get people to post in their pride and joys, drag ready, slammed, 4x4, burnouts, budget builds, and mush more, we cover events, so if you are keen to get your car out in the open and show it of throw us a email at
[email protected] or find us on facebook and throw a message and we will sort you out guys! the website: www.toughauzzierides.com

wolfman101
Post #13709

ripper.

alpharx7
Post #13710

Mobsteel, now newly renamed Detroit Steel, and on a new network, returns to air on the 28th of January thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #13711

they'll finish the apple mothership if they keep this up. mamoru.gif

alpharx7
Post #13712

mamoru.gif

alpharx7
Post #13713

alpharx7
Post #13714

alpharx7
Post #13715

A Tour of the Engine Masters Dyno with Steve Brule – Daily Fix Free Episode

alpharx7
Post #13716

mamoru.gif

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/wa...Peo6?li=AAgfYrC

WA police repeat offenders at filling cop cars with wrong fuel

Embarrassed police call for help.© Facebook/@Unmarked / Undercover Police Cars Embarrassed police call for help.
Police are facing ridicule online as photos circulate of them being rescued, red-faced, after putting the wrong fuel in their cars.

Wrong Fuel Rescue opened in Perth a year ago and has so much work it's expanded to Adelaide and then Melbourne, now employing two technicians in each state and operating 24 hours a day.

The company rescued 1000 vehicles last year, including a "couple of police vehicles per month", owner Yan Van De Velde said.

WFR opened too late to help a Perth police officer who put the wrong fuel into a booze bus in late 2015, resulting in a $25,000 repair bill, but at any rate it's not just cops whose minds wander at the pump.

"You would be surprised how many people are a little absent-minded," Mr Van De Velde said.

"Some days we could do six or seven (rescues). It's mostly middle-aged men.

Even more embarrassed police.© Facebook Even more embarrassed police.
"I had thought it might be soccer mums with screaming kids in the back distracting them but it's mainly men, of all kinds.

"Ninety per cent is diesel vehicles mistakenly using petrol."

Mr Van De Velde said there were some mitigating factors.

Petrol nozzles were smaller and fit easily in diesel caps and it was harder to make the opposite mistake, though it did still happen. Labels could also be confusing, especially BP's Ultimate unleaded and diesel, or Caltex's Vortex unleaded and diesel.

About 30 per cent of motorists had already driven off by the time they rang Wrong Fuel Rescue, with their car starting to judder, jerk and generally behave alarmingly about a kilometre afterwards.

WFR technicians arrive within the hour and generally have the car running again in another hour, having drained and flushed the tank, checked the engine and given the customer fuel to drive off with. If they could not fix the problem there was no charge but this was rare.

The alternative options for motorists - a tow truck, a mechanic or dealership - could be costly and time-consuming compared to Wrong Fuel Rescue's flat fee of $359 plus GST and fuel at cost price.

Mr Van De Velde, formerly an aircraft engineer, started the company after seeing no services in Australia despite them being widespread in the United States and United Kingdom.

It took a year to get through the red tape, but he said it was worth it.

"Some customers are tradies and need that vehicle on the road, so the pricing is very competitive compared to a mechanic and we're obviously quicker," he said.

"There are no towing fees, it's an immediate service.

"When the automobile associations estimate repair costs they reckon it's thousands. Dealerships can tell you whatever they want and charge you whatever and you are none the wiser.

"And if it's a new vehicle driven with the wrong fuel, that (mistake) can void the warranty and their repair bills to replace the fuel system can cost tens of thousands.

"I hate car dealerships, always have – they just whack this, that, and every other cost on.

"Our service is transparent, you can see it's happening, we don't tell you it's broken when it's not. We don't disclose personal info to any third parties, so the warranty will not be affected."

Despite help being close at hand, Perth cops might want to pay close attention to their fuel-filling habits in future, now the Internet police have noticed their mistakes.

Attached File  wrong_fuel.jpg ( 35.06K ) Number of downloads: 4

alpharx7
Post #13717

Well here's one politician that's about to get an attitude adjustment, and it's all been caught on surveillance camera. head_wall.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-41...ul-gesture.html

Connecticut politician who was arrested for grabbing a woman's crotch insists the 'little pinch' was a 'playful gesture'

Christopher von Keyserling was charged with sexual assault on Wednesday
The 71-year-old said he 'loved' not having to be 'politically correct' anymore
He called the woman a 'lazy, bloodsucking union employee' before pinching her
The incident occurred December 8, 2016, in Greenwich, Connecticut
He has served on the local Town Meeting board since 1985

By Cheyenne Roundtree For Dailymail.com
PUBLISHED: 12:57 +11:00, 16 January 2017 | UPDATED: 17:19 +11:00, 16 January 2017

A Connecticut politician was arrested for sexual assault after he 'jokingly' gave a 'little pinch' to a woman's groin.

Republican Christopher von Keyserling, 71, was charged with fourth-degree sexual assault for grabbing a Greenwich, Connecticut, town worker's genital area on Wednesday.

The incident took place on December 8, 2016, after a heated political discussion, in which he told the unidentified 57-year-old woman that he 'loved' not having to be 'politically correct' anymore.

Von Keyserling, who has served on the Greenwich Representative Town Meeting board since 1985, called the woman a 'lazy, bloodsucking union employee', reported the Westport Daily Voice.

Prior to the alleged groping, the two were in a discussion about the changing nature of politics.

The woman remarked 'it was a new world politically' and von Keyserling had to educate his fellow politicians of the town board, the arrest warrant said.

He allegedly replied: 'I love this new world, I no longer have to be politically correct.'

The prominent local politician then followed the town employee into a co-worker's office and when she walked by him to leave, he allegedly pinched her in the groin.

In anger, she threatened to punch von Keyserling if he ever touched her inappropriately again, the warrant said.

The woman said he 'looked back with a really evil look in his eyes and said, 'it would be your word against mine and nobody will believe you,' according to the warrant.

However, a surveillance camera captured the interaction that was consistent with the victim's sequence of events.

The woman took her case to police on December 16, 2016, after hearing of similar stories from other women about the politician, the report said.

Von Keyserling and his lawyer characterized the 'little pinch' as a 'playful gesture' that was taken as a 'misunderstanding'.

His lawyer, Phil Russell, said the exchange was 'jocular' and his client would be pleading not guilty, according to the Greenwich Time.

He said to the paper: 'There was a playful gesture, in front of witnesses. It was too trivial to be considered anything of significance.

'To call it a sexual assault is not based in reality.'

alpharx7
Post #13718

I didn't get to watch the news tonight, was busy out in the garage doing secret squirrel stuff, so coming across this image was a bit confronting / makes you blink.......

http://abcnews.go.com/International/turkis...ory?id=44800106

Cargo Plane Crashes in Kyrgyzstan, Killing 33

A cargo plane operated by ACT airlines crashed near the capital of Bishkek in Kyrgyzstan, killing 33 people, authorities announced on Monday.

The accident took place at about 7:30 a.m. in the village of Dacha Su near Manas International Airport. The victims include four people on the plane and dozens of residents of the village.

Authorities believe pilot error is to blame.

Several injured, including at least three children, were reportedly transferred to a local hospital, according to the Kyrgyz Ministry of Emergency Situations.

The Boeing 747 cargo plane destroyed 15 homes when it crashed.

Boeing released a statement expressing condolences and saying "A Boeing technical team stands ready to provide assistance at the request and under the direction of government investigating authorities."

Turkish Airlines tweeted out its condolences after the incident.

Attached File  plane_crash.jpg ( 97.81K ) Number of downloads: 4

alpharx7
Post #13719

One less bastard to worry about. thumbsup.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-41...b-arrested.html

The moment bloodied 'Istanbul ISIS terrorist' is arrested by security forces just 25 MILES from the nightclub 'where he gunned down 39 on New Year's Eve'

The New Year's Eve Istanbul nightclub attacker has been caught in the city
The main suspect in the attack on Reina nightclub was arrested on Monday

The suspected New Year's Eve Istanbul nightclub attacker who police believe killed 39 people was today arrested by Turkish security forces.

According to Turkish media, the main suspect in the attack on Reina nightclub was apprehended in Istanbul late on Monday.

Abdulkadir Masharipov was reportedly caught in his friend's house in Esenyurt district of the city - just 25 miles from where the brutal attack took place.

He was finally tracked down and was pinned down by officers next to his four-year-old son, according to Turkish newspaper Hurriyet. He is now being transferred to Istanbul Police Headquarters.

Private NTV television said the gunman had resisted arrest.

NTV reported that the gunman's Kyrgyz friend and three other people also were detained.

The television channel said police established the alleged gunman's whereabouts four or five days ago, but delayed the raid so they could monitor his movements and contacts.

The arrest came after those celebrating New Year's Eve in the exclusive club in the city were forced to run for their lives when the attacker entered.

Islamic State claimed responsibility for the savage attack, later adding that it was revenge for the Turkish military involvement in Syria.

Police in Turkey have desperately been hunting the main suspect for more than two weeks following the incident which also left 69 wounded.

On New Year's Eve, the attacker opened fire with an automatic rifle, reloading his weapon half a dozen times and shooting the wounded as they lay on the ground.

Turks as well as visitors from several Arab nations, India and Canada were among those killed in the attack.

alpharx7
Post #13720

for the full story click the link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-41...corruption.html

Rolls-Royce pays record £671m to settle global bribery and corruption scandal: Engineering giant will avoid prosecution after agreeing deal

Rolls-Royce has agreed to pay £671million to British, US and Brazilian authorities
Firm faced allegations it used middle-men to bribe officials to secure contracts
The deals mean Rolls-Royce won't be prosecuted - but individuals could be

In a landmark case, the engineering giant has agreed voluntary settlements over allegations it used middle-men to bribe officials to secure contracts in countries including China and Indonesia.

The deals with the Serious Fraud Office (SFO), US Department of Justice and Brazilian investigators mean Rolls-Royce will not be prosecuted over the claims - although in theory the SFO could still prosecute individuals.

Rolls Royce is due to appear at London’s Royal Courts of Justice this morning to seek approval for its £497-million settlement with the SFO, the largest out-of-court settlement for the agency.

The firm has also agreed to make payments of £140 million to US investigators and £21.2 million in Brazil.

The payouts come after a series of scandals engulfed Rolls-Royce in recent years. It has issued its fifth profit warnings in 18 months, and appointed a new chief executive tasked with cleaning up the company.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 392 of 487
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x