Shuff's General Chat Thread ... #73 - Talk about anything and everything...  

Page 391 of 487
Jump to page
alpharx7
Post #13651

This happened overnight in Milan...... mamoru.gif

fr3dy
Post #13652

so this site i made is going better then i though everyone is loving it even the budget section, www.toughauzzierides.com check it out if ya like feel free to ask questions and can even put you pride and joy up if you like.

alpharx7
Post #13653

electric vs piston. mamoru.gif

alpharx7
Post #13654

the Dr Who 2016 christmas special is out and available. thumbsup.gif

Dai.
Post #13655

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Dec 25 2016, 08:18 PM) *
thumbsup.gif

staying local with the house purchase or are you looking further afield?

We're not quite sure yet, we have been looking around Brisbane or even Tasmania and ride for a few years.

alpharx7
Post #13656

QUOTE (Dai. @ Dec 26 2016, 04:32 PM) *
We're not quite sure yet, we have been looking around Brisbane or even Tasmania and ride for a few years.

move to tasmania, it'll be fun they said. mamoru.gif

tongue.gif

Attached File  toyota_camry_seal.jpg ( 78.08K ) Number of downloads: 4

alpharx7
Post #13657

subscribe to the channel to watch the latest episodes thumbsup.gif

Slav
Post #13658

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Dec 23 2016, 05:00 PM) *
Z4m Coupe is the pick out of those. I was on the way to get one when I got the SLK55. Have you considered one? About the same price, far less common than any of those and sounds better too...

Didn't even cross my mind. Will have a look

Which is better hmmm

alpharx7
Post #13659

I was just reading last night that Richard Adams, the author of the book Watership Down passed away at the age of 96 - the book was required reading back in the day for english class, now i've awakened to the news of Carrie Fisher......

Baby boomers passing away left right and centre........ head_wall.gif

r.i.p.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/star-w...COXQ?li=AAgfYrC

Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher dies in hospital aged 60 after suffering massive heart attack

Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher has died in hospital aged 60 after suffering a massive heart attack.

She fell ill on a United Airlines flight last week and died in hospital in LA.

Family spokesman Simon Halls released a statement on behalf of Carrie's daughter, Billie Lourd, which confirmed the tragic news.

"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning.

"She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers."

Fisher, 60, suffered heart problems during a flight on Friday 23rd December from London, where she had been shooting the third season of the British television comedy Catastrophe.

The legendary actress, who played Princess Leia in the famous sci-fi franchise, was cared for by concerned passengers.

According to TMZ, about 15 minutes before landing in LA a flight attendant asked if there were any medical personnel on board.

Someone described as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) who was sitting in the back of the plane came up to First Class and is said to have administered life-saving measures.

The United Airlines plane landed shortly after noon local time at Los Angeles International Airport following an 11-hour flight.

Carrie, who was in London to promote her latest book The Princess Diarist, was then rushed to a nearby hospital by paramedics.

Actress Anna Akana was on board the flight when Fisher went into medical distress and she described the upsetting scene in a series of tweets.

She said Fisher stopped breathing and was helped by a doctor and nurse who happened to be on board.

Akana, 27, wrote: "Don't know how else to process this but Carrie Fisher stopped breathing on the flight home. Hope she's gonna be OK.

"So many thanks to the United flight crew who jumped into action, and the awesome doctor and nurse passengers who helped."

Akana wrote that Fisher wasn't breathing "for 10 minutes or so" and CPR was administered until the plane landed.

The Los Angeles-born star, who is the daughter of famous Hollywood couple Debbie Reynolds and Eddie Fisher, made her acting debut in comedy Shampoo in 1975 alongside Warren Beaty, Julie Christie and Goldie Hawn.

Her career then sky rocketed when she landed the role as Princess Leia in sci-fi blockbuster Star Wars opposite Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford.

She recently revealed she had an affair with co-star Ford during filming, which she described as being “so intense”.

"It was so intense. It was Han and Leia during the week, and Carrie and Harrison during the weekend," she said.

After starring in The Blues Brothers film with Dan Ackroyd, in 1980 she reprised her role as Princess Leia in The Empire Strikes Back.

In 1983 she was back for the Return of the Jedi.

Last year, she once again reprised the role for Star Wars: The Force Awakens along with Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill.

The mum-of-one also starred in When Harry Met Sally, Drop Dead Fred, Sorority Row and more.

As well as acting, Carrie has written a number of books, including four novels and three memoirs.

One of her most famous, Postcards From The Edge, which is a semi-autobiographical novel about a movie actress who tries to put her life together following a drug overdose, was turned into a film.

Over the years she's spoken openly about her struggles with mental health, saying it took her four years to accept that she had bipolar disorder.

The actress was diagnosed with the mental health condition, that is marked by sharp mood swings at the age of 24, but she was initially unwilling to accept the situation.

She shared: "I was told that I was bipolar when I was 24 but was unable to accept that diagnosis until I was 28 when I overdosed and finally got sober. Only then was I able to see nothing else could explain away my behaviour."

Carrie subsequently started attending Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) as she finally came to terms with her own troubles.

She was previously married to singer Paul Simon and talent agent Bryan Lourd, and has one daughter, Billie Catherine Lourd.

wolfman101
Post #13660

QUOTE (Slav @ Dec 28 2016, 12:15 PM) *
Didn't even cross my mind. Will have a look

Which is better hmmm

If you have a look on carsales, make sure you get a facelift version (model would be R171, look for the angular front rather than rounded (like this pic).
I occasionally see one driving around and genuinely think they've aged better than just about anything at the time. They really still do look pretty fresh.

Attached File  IMGP5463__1_.jpg ( 2.36MB ) Number of downloads: 5

Dai.
Post #13661

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Dec 26 2016, 10:09 PM) *
move to tasmania, it'll be fun they said.

mamoru.gif

tongue.gif

Haha,we're looking at options out in the Lockyer Valley aswell.

alpharx7
Post #13662

QUOTE (Dai. @ Dec 28 2016, 06:15 PM) *

too far inland, it's a sweatbox over there, you need to be looking for something closer to the ocean imo.

alpharx7
Post #13663

naturally this add, made by supercheap auto, has been found to breach the advertising standards in our fine nanny state/country and has been banned. rolleyes.gif

vk134
Post #13664

QUOTE (Dai. @ Dec 28 2016, 06:15 PM) *

It is cheap for a reason, hot as fk in summer, freezing in winter, dry and shitty in between. If you have to work in Brisbane, sun in the eyes going to work and coming home.

Check out Pomona. Kin Kin, Cooroibah etc, at least train to brissie and a lot milder weather.

Northern NSW is nice too along the near coastal areas

vk134
Post #13665

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Dec 24 2016, 10:43 AM) *
I won't be getting mine until we have a house (or at least land).

Or a business address with a car space.

Japan you can't buy a car unless you can demonstrate you have somewhere to park it.

Also,

mornin'.

Lol, that dog "fang", what is the go with the number plates, are they some kind of personalised plate?

wolfman101
Post #13666

I refer to it as her Shit-Eating Grin.
No, those are normal plates, why?

alpharx7
Post #13667

that's just sad......

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/debbie...Fkg3?li=AAgfIYZ

Debbie Reynolds dead: Hollywood star dies aged 84 just one day after daughter Carrie Fisher

Debbie Reynolds has died just one day after her daughter Carrie Fisher passed away.
The Singing in the Rain star, who became a Hollywood icon, died after suffering from a suspected stroke.

Her son Todd has confirmed the tragic news to TMZ.

"She wanted to be with Carrie," her son Todd Fisher told Variety.

She was taken to the hospital from Todd Fisher's Beverly Hills house Wednesday, the day after her daughter Carrie died.

Tmz.com has revealed that the actor and singer, 84, was at the home of her son Todd Fisher making plans for a funeral when the emergency services were called at around 1pm local time.

According to the website, Reynolds had been "distraught" since her 60-year-old daughter's death on Tuesday, three days after she suffered a heart attack on a transatlantic flight.

alpharx7
Post #13668

available

Dai.
Post #13669

QUOTE (vk134 @ Dec 29 2016, 07:02 AM) *
It is cheap for a reason, hot as fk in summer, freezing in winter, dry and shitty in between. If you have to work in Brisbane, sun in the eyes going to work and coming home.

Check out Pomona. Kin Kin, Cooroibah etc, at least train to brissie and a lot milder weather.

Northern NSW is nice too along the near coastal areas

We've got a keen eye on Ipswich aswell,it's the central location for family all round and will have air con of course lol. I'll probably be riding to work everyday hence why i'm looking at new bikes mamoru.gif

alpharx7
Post #13670

this is on tomorrow / Friday, not sure timezone, but suspect it'll be early saturday morning 4-6am for us. thumbsup.gif

Ronda Rousey shunning comeback fight promotion

Ronda Rousey returns on Friday after a 13-month absence to take on Amanda Nunes for the bantamweight title at UFC 207 but don't expect to hear about it from her.

alpharx7
Post #13671

available

alpharx7
Post #13672

Spoilers !!!!

Apparently the Rhonda Rousey fight didn't last long - a friend of mine was semi complaining, saying that it'd cost $49 to have ordered the 'package' with Foxtel to have been able to watch it, and that would have made it a dollar per second. mamoru.gif

I'm guessing that there's probably no comeback from this for her. unsure.gif She was acting all funny in the lead up to it, it was going to go either of two ways, and unfortunately for her the 'myth' has been well and truly broken.

Sort of like Tiger Woods, there's a guy waiting for retirement. mamoru.gif

alpharx7
Post #13673

lets see if we can do better in 2017, 'cause there's plenty of bastards out there who need to be on this list. mamoru.gif

thumbsup.gif

Attached File  Road_Toll_2016_qld.jpg ( 222.42K ) Number of downloads: 5

Dai.
Post #13674

They need to have more police presence, the police blitz these holidays have been appalling as I've hardly seen any police or the ones I have seen having been hiding in the bushes on blind corners in Nebo/Glorious.

wolfman101
Post #13675

As per usual, I find myself super impressed by how tiny the road toll really is.

wolfman101
Post #13676

Road trippin'

Attached File  DSC_0133.JPG ( 7.1MB ) Number of downloads: 3
Attached File  DSC_0138.JPG ( 533.89K ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  DSC_0134.JPG ( 9.71MB ) Number of downloads: 4
Attached File  DSC_0139.JPG ( 13.96MB ) Number of downloads: 8
Attached File  DSC_0146.JPG ( 11MB ) Number of downloads: 2

alpharx7
Post #13677

mamoru.gif

http://brobible.com/life/article/dog-scarf...istmas-sweater/

Dog Named ‘Scarface’ Mauls 3 Family Members After Owner Tries To Dress It In A Christmas Sweater

And around the holidays humans enjoy dressing their canines in festive Christmas sweaters. That’s cute. But if your doggie doesn’t want to put on a Christmas sweater, you probably shouldn’t force the issue. Especially if your dog is named after a ruthless druglord.

On Friday, a pit bull mix named “Scarface” turned on a family. The dog mauled 52-year-old Brenda Guerrero in the backyard of her Tampa, Florida home when she tried to put a Christmas sweater on it. Guerrero’s husband, Ismael, and their 22-year-old son tried to stop the dog from biting Brenda’s arm, but the dog then attacked the two men.

The son then stabbed the dog in the neck in an effort to thwart the attack.

Police arrived at the bloody scene and tried to suppress the dog by tasering the dog. But the pit bull continued to chomp on the woman. Police then used a bean bag gun, but the dog continued to gnaw the woman.

“Officers responding said the dog was pretty aggressive,” Eddy Durkin, from Tampa Police, said. “When they tasered the dog the dog was still pulling away and was able to release the prongs from the taser.”

Finally, animal control officials stopped the attack by shooting the dog with a tranquilizer gun.

Brenda and Ismael Guerrero were both taken to a hospital. Brenda’s injuries are believed to be serious, but not life-threatening.

To be fair to the pooch, I’d probably attack anyone who tried to put a Christmas sweater on me. Especially if I lived in humid Florida.

alpharx7
Post #13678

thumbsup.gif

alpharx7
Post #13679

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jan 1 2017, 03:05 PM) *
As per usual, I find myself super impressed by how tiny the road toll really is.

Meanwhile Chicago had a record amount of 762 homicides for the year, and The Donald isn't happy. rolleyes.gif

click the link for the full article/pictures. i've just copypaste about half of it, getting to be tl/dr tongue.gif

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-40...Windy-City.html

Trump blasts Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel for record-setting 762 homicides and 4,331 shooting victims in 2016 and says he 'must ask for Federal help' if he can't fix Windy City
One of the most violent years in Chicago history ended with a sobering tally: 762 homicides, the most in two decades in the city
'Chicago murder rate is record setting – 4,331 shooting victims with 762 murders in 2016,' Donald Trump tweeted on Monday
'If Mayor [Rahm Emanuel] can't do it he must ask for Federal help!'
Emanuel and Trump met December 7 in New York City but reportedly talked about illegal-immigrant 'dreamers,' not gun violence
The nation's third largest city also saw 1,100 more shooting incidents last year than it did in 2015
The increase in homicides compared to 2015, when 485 were reported, is the largest spike in 60 years

Donald Trump used his Twitter bully pulpit on Monday to blast Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel for allowing his city's murder and firearms shooting rates to spiral out of control.

'Chicago murder rate is record setting – 4,331 shooting victims with 762 murders in 2016,' Trump tweeted.

'If Mayor can't do it he must ask for Federal help!'

2016 was one of the most violent years in Chicago history with the most homicides in two decades – more than New York and Los Angeles combined.

The nation's third largest city also saw 1,100 more shooting incidents last year than it did in 2015, according to data released Sunday by the Chicago Police Department.

Emanuel, a former Barack Obama White House chief of staff, visited with Trump at his Trump Tower office on December 7.

The pair reportedly talked about the mayor's concern that Trump would deport 'dreamers,' children brought to the U.S. illegally who have commit no crimes during their years-long unauthorized stays.

Chicago's statistics underline a story of bloodshed that has put the city at the center of a national dialogue about gun violence.

The numbers are staggering, even for those who followed the steady news accounts of weekends ending with dozens of shootings and monthly death tolls that hadn't been seen in years.

The increase in homicides compared to 2015, when 485 were reported, is the largest spike in 60 years.

Police and city officials have lamented the flood of illegal guns into the city, and the crime statistics appeared to support their claims: Police recovered 8,300 illegal guns in 2016, a 20 per cent increase from the previous year.

Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said during a news conference Sunday that Chicago is among many U.S. cities that have seek a spike in violence, including in attacks on police.

He said anger at police, including in the wake of video released that showed a white Chicago officer shooting a black teenager 16 times, has left criminals 'emboldened' to violent crimes.

He also said it's becoming clearer to criminals that they have little to fear from the criminal justice system.

wolfman101
Post #13680

Yeah, Chicago is in the poo. The national murder rate has still been falling year on year for decades though.

alpharx7
Post #13681

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jan 3 2017, 02:21 PM) *
Yeah, Chicago is in the poo. The national murder rate has still been falling year on year for decades though.

You can write that off to better policing techniques and the use of dna analysis. I've seen it said anecdotally that 10% of the people who commit crimes are responsible for 90% of them.

That may or may not be true (given that it's written on the internet). tongue.gif

alpharx7
Post #13682

By now most of you would have heard about there being a couple of people who died on new years eves from illegal fireworks......i just received an email from my mum.....the guy who died down in victoria was a personal friend of my brothers.....that was my brother who was 'standing two metres away'

this is a part of the email i received, i've removed some names for privacy reasons......

His mate from Springhurst "Drac" aged 46 was killed from a firework accident on New Years eve.

He had asked a few friends including XXXXXX & XXXXX to a property that he owns near Bairnsdale, on Lake Victoria, Gippsland lakes for the weekend. XXXXXX decided to go 'to do something different' - and they drove over Mt Hotham to get there - easiest way.

Drac had purchased some 'illegal' fireworks - had let 2 off, then the 3rd exploded in his face - rocket type. XXXXX was 2 metres away and tried CPR for over 1 hour with assistance from a nurse who was nearby but not known to them. Could not stop him bleeding - quite traumatic all around. XXXXXX had to drive Drac's car back to Springhurst the next day and XXXXX brought home his wife.

If you google 'firework accidents NY eve' you will see the write up. Being investigated by police and had to give statements.

Drac was a close friend of many years and had 4 children and a wife.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/victoria...101-gtkefc.html

Victorian man, 46, killed by illegal firework in New Year's Eve accident in Gippsland

Nino Bucci, Broede Carmody

A Victorian man is dead after being hit by an illegal firework in Gippsland during New Year's Eve celebrations.

Emergency services were called to an area overlooking the beach in Hollands Landing, near Sale, about 9.35pm following reports of a man injured by a firecracker.

Paramedics began treating the 46-year-old man from Springhurst in northeastern Victoria for upper body injuries but he died at the scene. The man died in a clearing down a gravel road and on the banks of Lake Victoria, just outside the small town.

Zack Condick and Luke Coombe were staying at a property which borders the clearing. The pair were with friends and had been in a boat moored only a few metres offshore to watch the 9.30pm fireworks at Loch Sport, on the other side of Lake Victoria.

At least two fireworks had already been lit by the group before the accident, he said, and when the fatal firework misfired, sparks flew towards the ground, igniting small blazes in the area.

"It was a loud explosion, but we didn't realise what had actually happened," Mr Coombe said.

"We knew a firework went off, a bad firework, but we didn't realise a guy had got hit.

"When we walked over there they were working on him, trying to resuscitate him, but he'd blown himself up basically. There was blood everywhere. And it was all over by then."

Wellington Criminal Investigation Unit and the Arson and Explosives Squad are investigating.

Detective Senior Constable Di Dale from the Arson and Explosives Squad was unable to comment on the particulars of the incident, including the injuries to the man, and the nature of the fireworks.

The man, his wife, and others, are believed to have been gathered around a van a short distance from where the fireworks were ignited when the incident occurred.

"It is a tragedy for the family," Detective Senior Constable Dale said.

Police seized several metal canisters from the scene, including some which appeared more than 50 centimetres in length.

The canisters appeared to be mortar-style fireworks, which were the type of explosive used in another recent Victorian death involving a New Year's Eve illegal fireworks display.

In 2012, Carlos Rodriguez died when he was struck in the face by a firework, which had been bought from a shop in St Albans.

Police raided the store days later.

At a press conference in Melbourne, deputy commissioner of regional operations Andrew Crisp confirmed the incident involved illegal fireworks.

He said people need to understand fireworks are explosives, and when mixed with alcohol consumption, they can have horrific consequences.

"Let's take something from this tragic death last night," he said.

"Hand them [illegal fireworks] in, or dob in someone who's got them."

wolfman101
Post #13683

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jan 3 2017, 03:16 PM) *
You can write that off to better policing techniques and the use of dna analysis. I've seen it said anecdotally that 10% of the people who commit crimes are responsible for 90% of them.

That may or may not be true (given that it's written on the internet). tongue.gif

No, it's violent crime of all types. It's the lowest it's been right now since the late seventies in America. Good luck finding that out from the mainstream media reporting though.

alpharx7
Post #13684

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Jan 3 2017, 04:57 PM) *
No,

it's violent crime of all types.

It's the lowest it's been right now since the late seventies in America.

Good luck finding that out from the mainstream media reporting though.

it was reported on tonight's news - sbs / Al Jazeera - that Chicago is the third biggest city in the USA and that it had more murders than the biggest two cities - LA and New York, combined.

Also reported, was the cities policing policy, lack of pulling people over for checks / police engaging the community on account of recent riots due to whats been seen as bad policing ie shooting a black person in the back 16 times as he ran away from police even though he was armed with a knife.

Also talked about......people purchasing guns across the border (Indiana?) where laws are more lax, and bringing them into state.

Also..... court cases where having a gun in your possession wasn't treated more harshly than being unarmed, ie crim's have nothing to lose in carrying a gun to 'defend' themselves from rivals

Still not a 'record' though, 1996 was worse.

wolfman101
Post #13685

Exactly. There will always be hotspots. The overall trend is very positive.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 391 of 487
Jump to page
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x