Cressida - tell me bout urs  

Page 2 of 64
Jump to page
thephatkid
Post #36

sorry dont have any piks as of yet...will try get them up soon... pretty much looks like a stocko cressida jsut lowered abit....

000.PLS (1jcressida)
Post #37

QUOTE(pig060 @ Sep 25 2007, 09:27 PM) [snapback]1281470474[/snapback]

well put up some pics :D ive always wanted to put a 1jz in a cressida but i'm too happy with my single turbo 2jz commodore :)

wats done to the 2j u got pics of that?

TO thephatkid n all, mr dohc is a good example of wat a pretty much stock 1j n a stalle will do, so he is runnin 12.85 on stock cressy wheels thats crazy awesom sleeper

QUOTE(HKS RB20/26 @ Sep 25 2007, 06:54 PM) [snapback]1281469702[/snapback]

I have a stock MX73 I paid $700 for with the intention of Toyota V8 and turbos, after i broke my Datsun... I decided to keep the Datto and the Cressida is now my daily. I just got the air con fixed and its fukin cold as. Great comfortable cruiser and gets over 500km to a tank (could squeeze about 550km if i'm game). I put a rice cannon on the back and my old Datsun plates on it (ALO-12)

One day it will be modded, A low 12 would suit the plates :)

wat motor is in it now? my 1st cressy i bought for $1000 700 is cheap gl wit it

QUOTE(TRY TOO @ Sep 25 2007, 06:53 PM) [snapback]1281469701[/snapback]

Yeah white mx83.

1j auto. All stock atm.

In between the keep it and go single or sell it thing atm!

lol thats awesom where do u all live?

QUOTE(G-uni7 @ Sep 25 2007, 01:58 PM) [snapback]1281468626[/snapback]

i got an 89 gxe 7m gte upgraden to a 2jz gte soon hopefully couse i blew mr 7m to hell :P pics ill add somday

thats awesom lol when u doin the conversion?

QUOTE(someblackguy @ Sep 25 2007, 02:21 PM) [snapback]1281468690[/snapback]

sounds like something out of fast and the furious

lol yeh but its true, no need to act like a dickhead!!!

QUOTE(AmperSand @ Sep 25 2007, 04:33 PM) [snapback]1281469164[/snapback]

Indeedly!

1JZGTE with 800cc SARD injectors, Autronic SM4, GT35R (1.06 A/R rear) bosch 3channel ignition module with 3 dualpost coils, 600x300x76 justjap cooler, twin 10" thermos (might have to verify the size, was a while back I did it). etc etc.

Its not making much power at the moment, has a pretty ass tune(uber rich), and gearbox issues holding it back (auto :/).

I could go on with a huge list of what has happened with this over the last year or so, but i think i will leave that for another day! :)

Best HP so far was 320hp @ 5000rpm (auto linepressure dropping off due to tuner forgetting to remove standard mapsensor). Makes power past 5000rpm now, however, wouldnt have a clue how much :P (also coats teh road in a mass of black smoke, so bad you cant see any cars and only get 250km to a tank of fuel!)

mate sond crazy u got ne pics? the auto is good im gettin a 3500 stalle n shift kit should get me in the 11's

keep bringin the cressy love

AmperSand
Post #38

QUOTE(000.PLS (1jcressida) @ Sep 26 2007, 09:26 AM) [snapback]1281471374[/snapback]

mate sond crazy u got ne pics? the auto is good im gettin a 3500 stalle n shift kit should get me in the 11's

keep bringin the cressy love

Yeah, the auto is great until you go to aftermarket management. So hard to get it to behave properly without going to the trouble of getting (or making) a standalone controller for it, and then also shiftkitting it and getting a larger stall converter.
Sucks bigtime when you dont make boost until after 3000rpm also :)

Larger stall converter + shiftkit + some form of management for it would be great.

But there is a perfectly good R154 sitting in a supra that parks right beside my car all the time too *prods minka* :P

Mr_Sleepy
Post #39

QUOTE(AmperSand @ Sep 26 2007, 11:41 AM) [snapback]1281471892[/snapback]

Yeah, the auto is great until you go to aftermarket management. So hard to get it to behave properly without going to the trouble of getting (or making) a standalone controller for it, and then also shiftkitting it and getting a larger stall converter.
Sucks bigtime when you dont make boost until after 3000rpm also :)

Larger stall converter + shiftkit + some form of management for it would be great.

But there is a perfectly good R154 sitting in a supra that parks right beside my car all the time too *prods minka* :P

doesnt Mv automatics make a controller for them?? i have no plans what so ever to use the factory engine management so i was hoping that the mv automatics controller will be able to keep it all in check.. otherwise ill just go a powerglide or a good 3 speed..

000.PLS (1jcressida)
Post #40

QUOTE(Mr_Sleepy @ Sep 26 2007, 11:47 AM) [snapback]1281471919[/snapback]

doesnt Mv automatics make a controller for them?? i have no plans what so ever to use the factory engine management so i was hoping that the mv automatics controller will be able to keep it all in check.. otherwise ill just go a powerglide or a good 3 speed..

thats y u get the standard box manualised kit so u have to change the gears like a manual only beta

Mr_Sleepy
Post #41

QUOTE(000.PLS (1jcressida) @ Sep 26 2007, 11:56 AM) [snapback]1281471956[/snapback]

thats y u get the standard box manualised kit so u have to change the gears like a manual only beta

thats the Mv automatics kit i was talking of.. there got a neat little controller too..

000.PLS (1jcressida)
Post #42

QUOTE(Mr_Sleepy @ Sep 26 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]1281471975[/snapback]

thats the Mv automatics kit i was talking of.. there got a neat little controller too..

its awesom my mates got 1 in his cressy 1j the car is a weapon, should run ezy 12's

AmperSand
Post #43

I am well aware of the MV automatics controller. Overpriced IMO.
You can achieve the same thing by wiring relays to trigger the soleniods from the pattern indicator voltage. I have relays ready to do this (just havent done it until i do my shiftkit as there is no point).
Its quite easy to do as there is only a limited number of combinations.
One reason I have been hesitant to do this is, I have to see what voltage the solenoids are expecting, whether it be a full 12 volts, or whatever the ECU shells out (which is what I am going to test).

I have a mate with the MV kit, and it does no more than this as far as he is aware.

Food for thought.

I just dont see a point in staying auto when you shell out for $350 MV controller, $400 for a decent shiftkit (or shim shift acumulators for nothing. this is the same as the basic level of shiftkit).
If you do this, you may as well go to the expense of adding extra clutchpacks so your auto doesnt crap out straigh away, by the time you get to this point you have piss away $2500 on an auto anyway.
Personally, Id prefer to go a manual, with decent clutch for the same bikkies.

All personal preference tho :)

TRY TOO
Post #44

Im on the southside of brissy. Should all get together one night and talk cressssiddaaa! Be gould to talk to some people who have done single conversions.. etc

thephatkid
Post #45

well i just bought this cressida and i have like $1000 left over to do something to do it.... i hate 1st year apprentice wages.... anyway what do u ppls think i should do to it.... for that money????

J2
Post #46

Had a white mx73 cressy that did me for a daily til i blew a head gasket (acutally let me rephrase that with what my missus said when she drove it home "why is it making a strange bubbling noise when i stop?? and why is the gauge on the right waaay up in the red?"), so it sat beside my house for the best part of a year, til it got sold to Sussba for the princely sum of $0. Was just glad to be rid of it, had big plans for it, but never got around to putting them to fruition, hope it lives a good life from here on in.

pig060
Post #47

000.PLS- yeah ive got some pics of it somewere i did post it on here a few months back but ill try and put some more on.

MrDOHC
Post #48

the auto can handle aftermarket ecu's, they just need to be piggyback.

but remember that u wouldnt get a manual kit in the price of the full build.

260rwkw is the limit for the stock box, thats the general RoT anyway

HKS RB20/26
Post #49

I have the MV auto shift kit and the manual control box for my Datsun... But its Nissan version... I wired in the manual control box first and noticed a big improvement in shifting times even without the shift kit. This was the only mod performed and I knocked half a second off my quarter mile time. I since had a tough rebuild and the shift kit installed, I fully recommend this mod as a substantial improvement over speed and ease of skids. Oh and the correct high stall converter helps too. :)

TRY TOO
Post #50

What exactly is a manual control box??

pig060
Post #51

has anyone got a number or a web site for this mv auto place need a converter for my 2jz

[attachment=381895:attachment] [attachment=381896:attachment]

000.PLS- here's the pic you asked for, just another commo but with a cool motor :)

000.PLS (1jcressida)
Post #52

QUOTE(pig060 @ Sep 26 2007, 08:45 PM) [snapback]1281474164[/snapback]

has anyone got a number or a web site for this mv auto place need a converter for my 2jz

[attachment=381895:attachment] [attachment=381896:attachment]

000.PLS- here's the pic you asked for, just another commo but with a cool motor :P

mate that is gorgeous love it i hate commos but uv done something diffrent man thats awesom u made my christmas list!

QUOTE(AmperSand @ Sep 26 2007, 03:15 PM) [snapback]1281472645[/snapback]

I am well aware of the MV automatics controller. Overpriced IMO.
You can achieve the same thing by wiring relays to trigger the soleniods from the pattern indicator voltage. I have relays ready to do this (just havent done it until i do my shiftkit as there is no point).
Its quite easy to do as there is only a limited number of combinations.
One reason I have been hesitant to do this is, I have to see what voltage the solenoids are expecting, whether it be a full 12 volts, or whatever the ECU shells out (which is what I am going to test).

I have a mate with the MV kit, and it does no more than this as far as he is aware.

Food for thought.

I just dont see a point in staying auto when you shell out for $350 MV controller, $400 for a decent shiftkit (or shim shift acumulators for nothing. this is the same as the basic level of shiftkit).
If you do this, you may as well go to the expense of adding extra clutchpacks so your auto doesnt crap out straigh away, by the time you get to this point you have piss away $2500 on an auto anyway.
Personally, Id prefer to go a manual, with decent clutch for the same bikkies.

All personal preference tho :)

ur right each to there own i want auto the worlds fastest cressy is runnin auto got a stalle n shift kit n some sort of clutch kit n its good for 9s

QUOTE(thephatkid @ Sep 26 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]1281472896[/snapback]

well i just bought this cressida and i have like $1000 left over to do something to do it.... i hate 1st year apprentice wages.... anyway what do u ppls think i should do to it.... for that money????

twin dumps n a stalle thats wat id do ezy 13's YEOW

where do all u cressida n all u 1J 2J ppl live should organise a a cressida/1j 2j cruise?

wat u guys think thro ur ideas around

thephatkid
Post #53

i live in capalaba..... and i already have the twin dumps on it.... but yer the stalle looks good....

000.PLS (1jcressida)
Post #54

QUOTE(thephatkid @ Sep 27 2007, 08:00 AM) [snapback]1281475091[/snapback]

i live in capalaba..... and i already have the twin dumps on it.... but yer the stalle looks good....

do u have a front mount wat mods r done?

MrDOHC
Post #55

QUOTE(000.PLS (1jcressida) @ Sep 26 2007, 11:03 PM) [snapback]1281474721[/snapback]

mate that is gorgeous love it i hate commos but uv done something diffrent man thats awesom u made my christmas list!
ur right each to there own i want auto the worlds fastest cressy is runnin auto got a stalle n shift kit n some sort of clutch kit n its good for 9s
twin dumps n a stalle thats wat id do ezy 13's YEOW

where do all u cressida n all u 1J 2J ppl live should organise a a cressida/1j 2j cruise?

wat u guys think thro ur ideas around

shane has a lot more done to the auto than that, MUCH MUCH money spent, cant wait for mike at MV to get the transbrake done

000.PLS (1jcressida)
Post #56

QUOTE(MrDOHC @ Sep 27 2007, 05:53 PM) [snapback]1281477285[/snapback]

shane has a lot more done to the auto than that, MUCH MUCH money spent, cant wait for mike at MV to get the transbrake done

not much from wat he was saying
howz ur car doin?

pig060
Post #57

do you know if you can get twin dumps for a 2j? not for me as i have single but my mate asked me and i didn't know. and how do i get in contact with that mv atuo place?

thephatkid
Post #58

took some piks today... pretty crappy but yer....

SIN61
Post #59

hey 000.PLS (1jcressida) i was in the back of that white r33 last night on the way home from the coast, fucking love ya car man :)

AmperSand
Post #60

IPB Image
IPB Image

pig060
Post #61

looks good what turbo is on that? and when does it hit full boost?

AmperSand
Post #62

I posted in the thread earlier.

GT35R with 1.06AR turbine housing.

Fullboost is seen around 4000-4200rpm if i recall (i havent really had a chance to strap it of late) which at the moment is only 18psi.

000.PLS (1jcressida)
Post #63

QUOTE(SIN61 @ Sep 28 2007, 09:34 AM) [snapback]1281478959[/snapback]

hey 000.PLS (1jcressida) i was in the back of that white r33 last night on the way home from the coast, fucking love ya car man :)

thanks mate was he givin it? but again thanks

QUOTE(AmperSand @ Sep 28 2007, 03:26 PM) [snapback]1281480412[/snapback]

I posted in the thread earlier.

GT35R with 1.06AR turbine housing.

Fullboost is seen around 4000-4200rpm if i recall (i havent really had a chance to strap it of late) which at the moment is only 18psi.

hey mate iv seen these pics on the net when lookin up cressidas, looks nice mate

HKS RB20/26
Post #64

A bit fuzzy, but you get the idea of it..

[attachment=382746:attachment]

[attachment=382752:attachment]

MrDOHC
Post #65

what model car is that

MrDOHC
Post #66

oh, have any of you guys run a 1/4 mile in your cars, i have a "quickest cressida in OZ" list

TRY TOO
Post #67

Random but does anyone know where the fuse box is that contains the tail light fuse, blew a fuse last night just havnt had time to fix it yet and fkn no idea where the fuse box is, im thinking drivers side footwell sopmewhere...

Anyone know?

SIN61
Post #68

QUOTE(000.PLS (1jcressida) @ Sep 28 2007, 06:48 PM) [snapback]1281481114[/snapback]

thanks mate was he givin it? but again thanks

yer he was, but it was had 5 people (not small people too) in it, either way, once ya boost kicks in, you would win lol :)

pig060
Post #69

QUOTE(HKS RB20/26 @ Sep 28 2007, 07:49 PM) [snapback]1281481294[/snapback]

A bit fuzzy, but you get the idea of it..

[attachment=382746:attachment]

[attachment=382752:attachment]

is that the one kev rowley done work on? and were did he get that plenum from?

Mr_Sleepy
Post #70

will the toyota box handle a transbrake? if so great as im seriously considering a powerglide simply because you can use a transbrake on them..

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 64
Jump to page
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x