Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
cams116
  • cams116
  • Ceffy!
  • Contributing Member!
  • Member No.: 165
Post #1 post 30th October 2002 - 02:37 AM
Hey everyone, just looking at a few more ideas. Im going to do a conversion, jap half cut into something. It must have 4doors and be RWD. ATM Im likeing the 1jz/2jz powered commodore. Anything else post it.

--------------------
'team shitbox racing' *www.teamshitbox.org*
Paolo
Post #2

do somehitn crazy...like at jamboree rigoli's accent, with a GSR motor and running gear in it. get some gay FWD and convert it to rear wheel drive and make it haul!!! im takin in mind u got a lil bit of money to spare tongue.gif :wink:

cams116
Post #3

Yeah I forgot that slight detail, I dont want it to be too much over $15000 on the road running.

mAJORD
Post #4

dont know about 1/2j into a commodore... why not 1j/2j into some old beast like a really old benz, or a toyota crown /cresida oldskool

Paolo
Post #5

thatll be heaps to get ya a wicked conversion

if u do go for something different

not like all those corolla's, the same 20V or 4AGZE conversion, its all the same shit,

think outside u world u live in :wink:

cams116
Post #6

[quote]dont know about 1/2j into a commodore... why not 1j/2j into some old beast like a really old benz, or a toyota crown /cresida oldskool[/quote]

I was thinking that, I have seen a few old mercs modenised and they look pretty nice. But the thing with the commodore is I can do the WHOLE sleeper look with it, right down the the flanlet shirt with the arms ripped off.

Enema
Post #7

1jz or 1uz into a Toyota Tarago... biggrin.gif

cams116
Post #8

How about just choose an import to begin with?

Nissan Cefiro

Nissan Laurel

RB20DET's, tied to an auto (just buy a damned manual and fit it yourself), should get one of them for under 15k, and a tranny for 2g or so? Someone help me on these prices, they're out of date!

The cefiro has a reputation as a decent drife car in Japan, so you;d assume it'll be well balanced.

Not really a sleeper though, or as good as sleeper.

Anonymous
Post #9

The "budget" Jap sleeper engines would include the following (just a quick list, I know there are others)

Toyota 4A-G(Z)E (88-120kw) 1600cc Twincam EFI (good for smaller cars)

Toyota 1JZ-GTE 2500cc Twincam Turbo (best if u want a manual car)

Nissan CA18DET 1800cc Twincam Turbo

Others like SR20DET, 3S-GTE, 2JZ GTE are a bit harder (more expensive) to use in projects.

Also, it is MUCH easier to use a 1JZ-GTE if you want a manual transmission and a cheap conversion.

2JZ-GTE + 5 Speed manual = expensive stuff ( http://www.norbie.net ) go and see for yourself. Auto is the cheapest option for a 2JZ-GTE and thats a fact biggrin.gif

Add one of those 3 engines above to just about any "small" Nissan / Toyota for instant fun biggrin.gif

Lurch
Post #10

How about the toyota/lexus quad cam V8 most likly expencive, don't even know if it is possable, but that would be cool

cams116
Post #11

Its not all that expencive, just it doesnt come in manual, and the turboed engines are going to produce easier hp. And its already been done too.

Lurch
Post #12

dont know about 1/2j into a commodore... why not 1j/2j into some old beast like a really old benz, or a toyota crown /cresida oldskool

I love that idea. 1j/2j in a cresida or a crown, that would be a major slepper biggrin.gif

disco bob
Post #13

laugh.gif I'm in the middle of a corona(xt130)/1jzgte swap at the moment,

please do something else

cams116
Post #14

laugh.gif I'm in the middle of a corona(xt130)/1jzgte swap at the moment,

please do something else

Hahaha! ok, 2JZ-GTE it is then biggrin.gif . Oh and just out of interest, how much does the corona weigh?

disco bob
Post #15

1080 kg so a 1jzgte is only just legal 8)

holdenbeater
Post #16

ummm.........lancer coupe or even a accent and drop in the 4g63...i think i havent checked up on engine numbers for a while evo 4-5 engine and do the 4wd drivetrain 8)

cams116
Post #17

ummm.........lancer coupe or even a accent and drop in the 4g63...i think i havent checked up on engine numbers for a while  evo 4-5 engine and do the 4wd drivetrain  8)

No offence, but did you read what I was asking. 4 door (ie not a coupe) RWD not AWD, and $15 000 absoulte tops inculding buying the car. Just the AWD conversion costs at least $15 000, and yes we have checked it out.

cams116
Post #18

1080 kg so a 1jzgte is only just legal 8)

Not too bad, the VH is only 1250kgs. Theres still a few ideas going round that I have to look at, ask the guy whos gona do the work etc.

resin
Post #19

fucking, japaneese cars are gay!

step 1) buy an early xr6 engine from the wreckers. 160 odd kw there

step 2) buy a big fucker of a snail (there are enough cubes to drive it)

step 3) get a sporty corty.

what a racer.

holdenbeater
Post #20

easily make it RWD 8) lets see....get a povo excel/accent 5000....engine...5000....putting together...i guess 5+

cams116
Post #21

fucking, japaneese cars are gay!

what a racer.

But thats a ford. biggrin.gif

resin
Post #22

exactly my point.

Mcleod
Post #23

mmm.. resin is more than just Cortina crazy, he's also ford crazy..

well that goes with the territory I guess tho.. duh at me.. :wink:

Hoon
Post #24

I like the idea of the Old Benz...that's classy. However, I've already seen an old supra engine in a crown, and while it went like a shower of shit, the owner couldn't drive it if his life depended on it.

avalonea
Post #25

after my new turbo + IC in december. im looking at doing a suzki siera with a ca18det with my old t28 on it. stock IC stock eveything . only cause i want a 4x4 and i was some power behind it tongue.gif

`josh

cams116
Post #26

How much do the oldschool mercs weigh tho. Thats the main thing, whatever it is its got to be light, or at least lighter than what the engine was orginally in.

the red krawler
Post #27

VG30DETT into Kingswood

RB26DETT into Commodore

VG30DETT into Kingswood has been done many times. And the biggest bonus is Kingswood is lighter than VH onward commodores (yes, its true) and they look SO much tougher smile.gif

cams116
Post #28

Im not going the VG30DETT, I just dont like them. But a kingswood lighter than a commodore biggrin.gif Awesome! I might just have to do some more reserch.

ttsoarer
Post #29

how about a hilux surf with a 1jz

i saw one at maroochydore on the weekend ... talk about a wicked 4be

bl@@dy thing was doing most of the sedans at the lights near the surf club car park

really impressive

cams116
Post #30

As much as the hilux is a great idea. I'll say it one last time and please read it this time. I want a RWD 4door car. And its got to come in at UNDER $15 000. If you want start another thread thing where you list sleepers/conversions you would like to do, do that instead.

avalonea
Post #31

what about a old lancer? 80's model? they look like they could have some room to play with and there also rwd

cams116
Post #32

what about a old lancer? 80's model? they look like they could have some room to play with and there also rwd

What engine would you say?

Hawk
Post #33

[quote]fucking, japaneese cars are gay!

what a racer.[/quote]

With a budget of $15000 this idea just isnt going to work laugh.gif U will need at least $5000 a year just to try to keep the thing on the road.

-------------------------------------------------

Fords keep our workshop in buisness

avalonea
Post #34

[quote][quote]what about a old lancer? 80's model? they look like they could have some room to play with and there also rwd[/quote]

What engine would you say?[/quote]

being a nissan man. sr20 biggrin.gif but knowing that its a bishi car and i havent got my knolage of bishi . can you north south mount a east west mount engine?

just chucken idears round.

`josh

cams116
Post #35

[quote]being a nissan man. sr20 biggrin.gif but knowing that its a bishi car and i havent got my knolage of bishi . can you north south mount a east west mount engine?

[/quote]

Yes that you can, but it can be somewhat of a bitch to do, depends on the car its going in and the engine.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 2
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x