2011 Nissan GT-R - QLD: Brisbane  

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
wolfman101
Post #71

VK, couldn't have put it better-with the exception that I wouldn't class the r35 as a Supercar, despite the fact that it will smash anything all day long.
... And you DO realise that what you just called for was basically the 4C lol.

s13viper
Post #72

Close but still not quite there

vk134
Post #73

I guess "Supercar" comes with the same parameters as "Supermodel", very attractive and desirable, BUT a fn bitch to live with day to day, high maintenance, the ability to lighten your wallet at every chance and when they get a few years on them, the costs keep rising but the desirablity and driving pleasure doesn't, Lol.

Yes the 4C is the beginning of the trend I have to agree, I take a big interest in all the latest technology and cannot understand why the mainstream manufacturers have not taken a faster track to changes.

Aluminium is where it is at for the future of transport, Australia has some of the biggest reserves of Bauxite in the world, we also have Uranuim. The biggest cost is the smelting of the Bauxite into Aluminium, to combine small scale nuclear power plants right alongside the refinery would mean rather than shipping just the bauxite overseas, we would be selling the most cost effectively produced aluminium to the world.

The kicker is so many interest groups with their own agenda, with no big picture thinking. Just look at all the money squandered on BS schemes like insulation, BER and solar rebates, that money could have provided the capital so our childrens futures could have been in design and engineering, nuclear physics, composite technology, high tech automation and alternative enrgies. Now we are just reduced to a mining economy employing FIFO bumblebees and the manufacturing sector is dying.

A Chinese aluminium company has so much confidence in Australia and the growth in Aluminium, they have just bought into 70% share of a Bauxite miner and are going to provide all the capital to create the mine, port and refinery.

wolfman101
Post #74

That's very interesting. You realise that my car is made of 100% aluminium right?
Viper-Oh I wasn't saying that the 4C is a supercar-isn't and never will be. Just pointing out that it's a real embracing of that "light=speed" philosophy that VK was espousing.
Yeah, "Supercar" is a damn tricky one, and will be different for every one. I (like I think most car enthusiasts) have ruminated long over what it means to me, and I have a list of things that a car must be and not be to fall into the category. The R35 only ticks one of the several boxes: "fast", but it does that better than pretty much anything else (except maybe the ZR1).

vk134
Post #75

Yes, the R8 has one of the highest utilisations of Aluminium, Audi are the leaders in this field, they have been for many years, but the 8 times production cost vs steel has always left it in the top end of the market, Honda early last year have had a breakthrough with a welding method called "friction stir welding", this will be a game changer and bring Aluminium to the forefront of mainstream production lines.

So there is a chance, in Australia, we could drag ourself out of the downward spiral of fighting over a smaller cake, instead, build a bigger oven and make all the cakes. Capital has always been the clusterfk to all Australian businesses, government imposed overheads are effectively strangling and take a chance opportunities.

But OT, it would be great to see Lakeside raceway with a garage of R35, ZR1, Challenger SRT, Shelby Mustang, Viper, Camaro, HSV R8 etc, all managed in a share club arrangement, they could be bought in for track use only, so none of the high compliance costs, I think the idea would work and put some very affordable fun legal motoring to the enthusiast.

wolfman101
Post #76

Well,

with the Aussie makes dying and the Mustang coming, I think we'll see the other muscle cars follow.

About time too.

FLOAT
Post #77

QUOTE (KrisP @ Nov 8 2013, 08:26 AM) *
Arguable even if i had the money i wouldn't buy one of these, sure they go like a rocket and handle like their glued to the road but everyone has one..

Yeah, every second car on the road is an r35 gtr guys

wolfman101
Post #78

Yeah I was a bit surprised by that too. He seems to think that anything that isn't old enough to have had almost all of its units destroyed, or that wasn't made by one man in a shed is "common"? Not really sure.

Bob
Post #79

Wolfy and Marky Mark could actually be cousins. y'all motherfcukers look alike

fearlesss
Post #80

I know it's ridiculous right ! The GTR35 is like the Hyundai Excel back in 1990's. Every second person has one..

That's the one thing I don't understand about motoring enthusiasts. Who gives a S#%t if your car is the same as every one else?
I'm part of a car club.. we all have the exact same car.. why ? Because we all love it and it's the best car for our purposes.
If there is a car out there which you absolutely love. and it is 100% the best car in its category. you would have to be an idiot not to buy it because someone else has dunno.gif

I never understood this logic that you "have to be different"

It's like saying. man everyone around here wear's pants ! They are so functional and comfortable. Screw that I'm gonna wear a potato sack which rides up my crutch and makes my balls itch.. but at at least I'm different.

wolfman101
Post #81

I disagree slightly-I will almost always go for the option that is "different", even if there may be a slightly better suited, but common option. When you are dealing with cars as low volume as this, though, who cares? There may be more around now than there were, especially as their prices are rapidly dropping, but they will never be "common".

agt09
Post #82

gtr's are common??? where the hell do you live? my wife and I have an apartment in Surfers and a townhouse in Brisbane and commute daily and we commonly see more r8's and gallardo's then gtr's

jo88
Post #83

reading through all this richie rich bullshit just makes me happier to be a poor ass mofo. im happy driving my p.o.s around .

nice 35 btw biggrin.gif

blownhilux
Post #84

sweet car, bet its fun to drive

And how surprising to see that a certain someone has made the thread all about them, just for a change

wolfman101
Post #85

Oh no! Wolfman is having people hang shit on him again and he's responding in kind! He hijacked the thread!

DRSR13
Post #86

Holy HEll, Lambos R8's R35 GTRs, what jobs do you people have??? Very jealous.lol.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 3 of 3
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x