2011 Nissan GT-R - QLD: Brisbane  

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
WTF
Post #36

QUOTE (KrisP @ Nov 8 2013, 09:40 AM) *
Really a Gallardo??? then you'd look like every other guy with money in brisbane!
surely there's a more original less popular supercar that you guys could buy?

I can't fit comfortably in a Murcielago (there was a nice Merci Roadster at Bris Lambo, my dreams were shattered when I sat in it and didn't fit), and I can't afford an Aventador, 360's are getting too old and unreliable, and 430's/458's are more than I wanted to spend.

Draven
Post #37

QUOTE (WTF @ Nov 8 2013, 10:38 AM) *
Being honest, the GTR is an ugly brute of a car, I never really even liked the look of them. I got it for the power, and it was basically an impulse buy when this one popped up for sale in the colour scheme with the wheels I liked. Most day's commuting to work, I regret not getting the Gallardo, since the power is useless in traffic anyway, and, well, I am a poser wink.gif

So am i but much rather do it in real steel biggrin.gif The thing that makes me laugh about this site and always has is the fact that if a person doesnt like a certain model/make of car they are deemed to have no taste and seemed to get chased down by a lynch mob unsure.gif The car seen would dam boring if everyone have the same taste and style...

This one reason i like the Bike seen a darn sight more, other riders don't give a rats about what you ride its a mutual respect being on 2 wheels... well apart for a small minority that is...

wolfman101
Post #38

Actually, WTF, I'd pay that. I'd probably take a GTR over a Gallardo in the similar price range.

B.S.C.C
Post #39

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Nov 8 2013, 09:01 AM) *
the reason I quickly gave up caring about not being allowed into the Cool Kids Club was the very same reason.

I found the majority to be elitest douches who seem to do little but drive other people's cars and go hang out at fashionable cafes and restaurants.

I'd rather track my cars twice monthly and hang out with actual people.
Interesting how people's views of the same situation can vary so much depending on their perspective.

As the director of the Brisbane Super Car Club, I feel I need to set a few things straight.
The BSCC has a set of guidelines, and they are quite simple.
Have an Exotic Car and dont be a dickhead.
If you have a 458 and are an idiot, then your not invited to our events. Quite simple really.
And up until now it has worked very well, with all the members being great mates and having a great time.

We DONT sit at coffee shops (Maybe we go to one AFTER our car runs).

And we often DO Track days, Hiring the track to ourselves quite regularly and our members have a great time.

All members are equal, so even if you drive a million dollar car or a $60000 dollar car, all members are on the same playing field.
No big noting, no out doing (Only on the track) just plenty of fun and a great day with mates.

wolfman101
Post #40

Appreciate your input. You imply that I am a dickhead. I disagree. Not really a lot else to say really.

B.S.C.C
Post #41

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Nov 8 2013, 10:37 AM) *
Appreciate your input.

You imply that I am a dickhead.

I disagree.

Not really a lot else to say really.

Nothing has ever been "Implied".

But I do feel in life that people's actions show us their real character.

Wolfman, I see there is a lot of negativity coming from you.
I do not know your situation etc, But if I was to judge you by the posts you have written, I feel it would portray you as not the "warmest" person.
Yes, this is judged on your forum behaviour.
I feel you may be a totally different person in real life.
If you feel you can be an "Equal" member of BSCC and not stir the pot (Like you do on here), then we may extend our hand to invite you to the group.

But, after being called "Elitists who hang out in High end coffee shops" then I dont know why you would like to be part of this group.

WTF
Post #42

I, on the other hand, am a self confessed dickhead.. I must have just scraped in somehow wink.gif

Draven
Post #43

QUOTE (B.S.C.C @ Nov 8 2013, 12:20 PM) *

I do not know your situation etc, But if I was to judge you by the posts you have written, I feel it would portray you as not the "warmest" person.
If you feel you can be an "Equal" member of BSCC and not stir the pot (Like you do on here), then we may extend our hand to invite you to the group.

But, after being called "Elitists who hang out in High end coffee shops" then I dont know why you would like to be part of this group.

So you judge people by how they are on a forum rather then meeting them and then judging them???

Such an "awesome" club you have rolleyes.gif

wolfman101
Post #44

QUOTE (B.S.C.C @ Nov 8 2013, 11:20 AM) *

Exactly. My experiences with members of your group in the past have informed my attitude towards you as a whole. I understand that this may not represent you as a whole, but what's done is done.
Your group has repeatedly declined to involve me in your activities. You just stated that the only reason this is done is to prevent dickheads joining.
Seems fairly clear to me.

B.S.C.C
Post #45

Seeing that you seem to be taking it personally.
I shall elaborate a little on the Super Car club.

Although we can easily use the phrase "No Di*%heads etc"
It's a lot easier to type then what we really mean.

We WANT you to be part of the group that is on an equal playing field,
We WANT you to assist in the Support of members, encouraging and motivating them at all times.
We WANT you to be happy and and have a good time.
We DONT want you to cause trouble.
We DONT want you to bignote or Compete with any other members.

The list goes on......

Wolfman, yes I agree. You did try and join.
And we never accept new members straight away, thus we sit back to find out who they really are.
You seemed to respond quite harshly to this, and thus the end result is you have not been accepted at this stage.
As a group, bringing this style of negativity into the group is never good.
Again, Im sorry to judge you by your actions online and not in real life.

BSCC

WTF
Post #46

I'm going to add an on-topic pic tongue.gif

Draven
Post #47

First impression... Whale lol but a f'king fast whale... lol

wolfman101
Post #48

That's fine BSCC, I've not had any desire to be a member for some time now, as previously stated. WTF, nice car.

KrisP
Post #49

Those tyres are awesome.. what are they WTF?? i want them for my mustang (i like the white michelin writing)

WTF
Post #50

QUOTE (KrisP @ Nov 8 2013, 11:59 AM) *
Those tyres are awesome.. what are they WTF?? i want them for my mustang (i like the white michelin writing)

Porsche Cup Tyres

If you get really keen I can cut you up stencils, you can put white lettering on any tyre.

I will be doing it for the 86 when its finished..

KrisP
Post #51

What do you use to paint the white?? i've currently got white walls (with < 1000ks on them) and they've turned into Brown walls (cheap pirelli white walls of somekind)

wolfman101
Post #52

That's pretty cool. I may look at getting some when my p zeros die. Wonder if I can get them to fit?

Draven
Post #53

QUOTE (KrisP @ Nov 8 2013, 12:59 PM) *

I always had the white writing on my cars, think they were Hancooks could be wrong though, but when fitted it would look blue, give it a light hit on the letters with steel wool and it brought out the white writing, will be doing the same on the ZJ

WTF
Post #54

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Nov 8 2013, 12:29 PM) *
That's pretty cool.

I may look at getting some when my p zeros die.

Wonder if I can get them to fit?

I think the porsche cup tyres only come in one size (for 18in). im interstate at the moment and my memory fails me what size they are. You can usually find second hand ones on ebay as the porsche series throw them out after each race. The porsche size is slightly smaller than what the GTR usually runs, but works fine for track.

Achilles now do a very good full slick tyre if you want, option 1 has a couple diff sizes in stock.

agt09
Post #55

just double checking WTF, but you say you bought used and its an 11 model? i would be checking the vin/paperwork as its a pre 11' model with a post 11' front bar, as its seems everyone is doing this on their pre 11'

WTF
Post #56

QUOTE (agt09 @ Nov 8 2013, 05:13 PM) *
just double checking WTF, but you say you bought used and its an 11 model? i would be checking the vin/paperwork as its a pre 11' model with a post 11' front bar, as its seems everyone is doing this on their pre 11'

Late 2010 with 2013 bar. Was just a typo

Faun-
Post #57

god wolfman stfu plzzzzz.. u over paid for a car and all u got was a nice interior.. upset because ppl respect a skyline more lols..
let the man have his thread.

btw. fcuk you for owning a r35 as i dont tongue.gif NV105

wolfman101
Post #58

Faun, do you just TRY to antagonise me? I assume so. Does it amuse you? I imagine so. You obviously haven't actually bothered to read any of the thread.

Dyl33
Post #59

fk knows whats going on in here....but nice r35

fearlesss
Post #60

QUOTE (wolfman101 @ Nov 8 2013, 06:37 AM) *
Look, at the end of the day, there are really only maybe 3 people left on Boost whose opinions I give a damn about. They seem to tolerate me, so I'm fine with that.

Phew !! So who's the 3rd person ? Me, Draven and .... laugh.gif
Like I said I don't actually judge anyone on here untill I've meet them in real life.

Those Porsche wheels look so good. Just hate that they only have them in 18s sad.gif

wolfman101
Post #61

Hmmm...wouldn't YOU like to know!

vk134
Post #62

Fkd if I know why people get their panties in a bunch in an online forum, Heck wolfie, you have even called me a douche, but never bothered me, was just your thoughts on my opinions. I will still come up to you and say hi if I see you out at Lakeside etc, same as other blokes here on the forum.

As far as I give a stuff about what people drive, never bothered me, while yes, I can just plonk down a six figure sum on a car, but just could not justify it to myself, I just appreciate such a wide variety of cars.

wolfman101
Post #63

Amen....and that would be 3!

HE MAN
Post #64

Oh make me 4

wolfman101
Post #65

Make me a sandwich.

s13viper
Post #66

Well this escalated quickly.

vk134
Post #67

Always liked the skylines, apart from the dark years of the C110, C210 (fugly), R30, appreciate the engineering, but it wasn't until, I saw an R31 GTS, what a great bang for buck car, then to meet one of the real gentleman of Australian motorsport, Freddy Gibson and Godzilla, I can understand the hate, was like the RX7 of Moffats again the taxis of the other players.

I think to take the engineering and design philosophies that created the GTR, have made the supercar evolution step up a notch, I love the look of the Italian exotics, but I have the same hassles as WTF, i'm 189cm tall with big clodhoppers, so they are just cramped and are like playing a video game. Love it or hate it the Skyline GTR will always be on a constant stoush for supremacy in the supercar world, it will be just a better bargain.

My call is power is not everything from now on, lets watch lightweight rule, think of the technology to make the latest smart phones, we don't think of it, but how strong they are for their thickness, Imagine composite chassis with hydroformed steel parts and aluminium friction stir welded members, graphene batteries in the floorpans for the additional power requirements, gorilla glass windows to carve off weight. You can still have the primal engine roar, but be eco friendly, when someone from HR or media rabbits on about corporate image.

s13viper
Post #68

As above. You cant beat physics. Lightest weight Possible car makers please.

WTF
Post #69

QUOTE (s13viper @ Nov 10 2013, 12:27 AM) *
As above. You cant beat physics. Lightest weight Possible car makers please.

You cant beat physics, as I used to say with my M5.. but the GTR does a pretty damn god job of making a heavy machine nimble. It's amazing, and surreal how a fat bitch can be so nimble.

Not much comes even close around the track.

s13viper
Post #70

My next car is a gtr. But a 4wd 1000kg 400kw car around 180k would be epic and within todays engineering capabiliities

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 3
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x