Willowbank Meet,paybacks A Biatch!race Site Mods! - SAT 17th JAN.Cruise out & Grudgematches  

Page 4 of 21
Jump to page
DINGUSS
Post #106

11 pages after a few hours Chris

you call this civil?

Nathan
Post #107

hmmmmm who thinks i should take the big cordia down the track ? smile.gif

sinnie
Post #108

take it cainer mon!

sinnie vs cainer mon, i choose u !

sinnie
Post #109

You could make 200kw at the motor, but 200kw at the wheels out of ca, is starting to break shit smile.gif

Silvia_Xtreme
Post #110

Frontmount is going on.. (not on yet as car is still yet to run :S ). maybe im being optimistic.. but cmon guys.. dont ruin it for me wink.gif.

mr IH8WRX: we will see chappy.. you have to get all that powah onto the road now dont ya wink.gif.

sinnie
Post #111

just dont want you to be dissappointed pat smile.gif but still the t28 should let the motor rip some serious bung holio

QUOTE (Silvia_Xtreme @ Dec 4 2003, 06:43 PM)
mr IH8WRX: we will see chappy.. you have to get all that powah onto the road now dont ya wink.gif.

sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif I know and that's what's worrying me the most. I can see me launching with the force of "Driving Miss. Daisy". I have racelogic ready to go in so fingers crossed

Silvia_Xtreme
Post #113

smile.gif

tell me.. are we hireing out the track, or do we ahve to deal with the amatures.. laugh.gif

sinnie
Post #114

hiringo ut willowbank? that will cost a bit smile.gif im assuming its just a normal testntune

QUOTE (king of the concrete jungle @ Dec 4 2003, 06:47 PM)
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif I know and that's what's worrying me the most. I can see me launching with the force of "Driving Miss. Daisy". I have racelogic ready to go in so fingers crossed

while your wheel spinning 1st thru 3rd.. ill be 7-8 car lengths in front.. and still pulling away.
catch me if u can sucker

laugh.gif
i should do this.. i have no idea what the hell my cars gonna do with the xtra oomph..
im used to stalling up to 2500rpm.. then hit the accelerator and off i go.. soo simple.
i wouldnt know what to do if i broke traction.. laugh.gif

Amokk
Post #116

like sinnie said.. your car will rip

yeah isn't it.. more then 350 at the engine and your bearing start to say bye bye

but defently will go good..

and i would like to know what it makes aswell

Amokk
Post #117

bwahahha about your comment about breaking traction lol

u will learn quick man

hehe

Silvia_Xtreme
Post #118

cause i cant just clutch in.... sad.gif meh.. it will work out.. im sure it wont break traction.. much.

sinnie
Post #119

pat is like me...i get scared at wheel spin smile.gif

king of the concrete jungle
Post #120

Just out of curiosity Pat, how much does your car weigh? Mines the best part of 1600kg's

SupraCrazy
Post #121

I accept your challenge Chris thumbsup.gif Any admin/mod too wink.gif

woody
Post #122

it would weigh less than 1200kg

Silvia_Xtreme
Post #123

i would, at a rough guestimate think its around 1150.
minus all the "spare" bits that nissan puts on.

Barely Legal Customs
Post #124

i will be there to spectate.. sounds like a plan.....

if anyone is keen to race a shitbox excel

i may accept the challenge if it is gunan be close.

i heard Joel from neighbours is coming too!

Post #125

OK Pat so you should have a kw:kg ratio of 1kw:5.75kg's if you get your 200kw @ the rear wheels? That sound like a fair estimate?

Silvia_Xtreme
Post #126

umm ill take ur word for it..

Post #127

What's the chance of the moderators etc etc posting up their power:weight ratios? Would be interesting to see that's all.

Silvia_Xtreme
Post #128

awww cmon. .say what u want to say...

"my power to weight ratio is blah blah \kw"

you know u wanna.
biggrin.gif

woody
Post #129

yeah everyone talks about what power they have. but its torque that is what matters

Post #130

No seriously Pat. Please excuse my ignorance on imports but I really don't know how much your cars weigh etc etc and I'm intersted in learning. Besides you take someones car like Dions, a 6cyl with NOS now that would have a dam good power: weight ratio and I dare say it will hammer on the track and leave alot of ohmy.gif people. I'm tipping Hoon to be a stand out!

I agree with Woody 200%, like he said it's torque that matters"

QUOTE (king of the concrete jungle @ Dec 4 2003, 07:17 PM)
Besides you take someones car like Dions, a 6cyl with NOS now that would have a dam good power: weight ratio and I dare say it will hammer on the track and leave alot of  ohmy.gif  people. I'm tipping Hoon to be a stand out!

Hoons car has a lot of grunt.. but at the same time, he has a sever lack of power to the bitchumen.. hence why he isnt really a challenge... everytmie i go out to willowbank with him, i post better times.. and i was running a stock ca18det with just some xtra boost.
you could have 700kw @ wheels, and still be completely asswhiped by a stock s13.
simply because its impossible to get the power onto the road in a usuable way.

i forsee you having this same problem.. slicks will help to a degree, but after that it all comes down to throttle control... i would honestly say that out of the mods/admins cars, there is only a few cars that i would pick to challenge.. this is based on what ive seen these people run down the 1/4.. and most have a very heavy foot.

Pang hasnt got an LSD, so his single spinners reduce his overall time..
Dion has off the line issues.. .unfortunately, Dion lacks there wink.gif (did everyone see his 3/4 track smokestorm smile.gif ).
Chris just blows gearbox's..
and i have an auto..

so in reality guys n gals... it isnt that much of a challenge.. just a lot of fun smile.gif

thats my essay..and my leak of secret informaton smile.gif.
choose wisely my friends.

*edit* i think once dion posted a 14.4 while i was out there... i stand corrected

Grump2
Post #132

I would be happy enough to run, with a previous best in 37 degree heat of 9.641 @ 147.40 mph, and we have a few more tricks yet. Unfortunately though one of my long term staff is getting married on the 17th of January 2004, and I am going to her wedding, but I will be thinking of you all.

Menice, it would be good to have a run. As you know, the last time we lined up it just didn't happen....... (or was that the other Menice?)

sweetr33
Post #133

i will be there. Looking forward to giving afew fellow boosters a run smile.gif

woody
Post #134

man 17th of january, what an awesome day!

QUOTE (littlemissS14 @ Dec 4 2003, 05:59 PM)
We'll be seeing yall in OMS180 rearvision mirror... laugh.gif laugh.gif

renee we are talking about racing not cruising the esplanade

OVL666
Post #136

good to see this topic not get moderated even thou numerous times it has gone way of topic rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

All that had to be said was

im coming and want to race so and so biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

sweetr33
Post #137

im coming and i want to race ovl666 smile.gif

QUOTE (OVL666 @ Dec 4 2003, 07:45 PM)
good to see this topic not get moderated even thou numerous times it has gone way of topic rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

All that had to be said was

im coming and want to race so and so biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

its all in a bit of fun.. talkin it up before the event.. im not going to moderate it, unless it become vicious and vindictive..
as you can see, the mods dont mind a little ribbing smile.gif.
just keep it above belt smile.gif

sinnie
Post #139

Pat i have a lsd now smile.gif

sinnie
Post #140

Is there going to be prizes like the dinguss olympics? i hope so, i lost my glow stick tongue.gif

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 4 of 21
Jump to page
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN ARCHIVED
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x