New Site Layout | Feedback & Bug Reports - Please post all feedback and bug related reports  

Page 2 of 7
Jump to page
fearlesss
Post #36

It must just be me that this is happening to sad.gif Or I'm not explaining it properly.
Something must have turned itself on somehow.

Every time I post in a thread it subscribes me to that thread and

I get emailed a notification about a new post..
Then I unsubscribe from the thread, however if I post again in it. it re subscribes me to the post and the visious
circle continues lol.
So I end up with like 20 emails in my inbox and I have to keep un subscribing

I've even un ticked everything that says notify by email and make sure it says don't notify me.. but it still does sad.gif

Mcleod
Post #37

QUOTE (fearlesss @ Aug 13 2013, 12:46 PM) *
It must just be me that this is happening to sad.gif Or I'm not explaining it properly.
Something must have turned itself on somehow.

Every time I post in a thread it subscribes me to that thread and

I get emailed a notification about a new post..
Then I unsubscribe from the thread, however if I post again in it. it re subscribes me to the post and the visious
circle continues lol.
So I end up with like 20 emails in my inbox and I have to keep un subscribing

I've even un ticked everything that says notify by email and make sure it says don't notify me.. but it still does sad.gif

Yep, OK, I understand, I'll dig around and see what I can work out.

Maybe a maximum of one e-mail per day would be more appropriate.

fearlesss
Post #38

Can we just have it how it was like last week when it didn't auto subscribe us to threads ?
If I wanted to subscribe to a thread I would click subscribe lol

Mcleod
Post #39

Sure, quick fix is to go here and deselect the auto subscribe options:

http://www.boostcruising.com.au/forums/ind...rCP&CODE=02

fearlesss
Post #40

I'm sure that was unticked as thats the first thing I checked. But when I click on that link rather than going to the control panel it has it as ticked.. Must of been a glitch in the matrix, cheers

Doc
Post #41

have sigs been disabled totally now Mc?

Mcleod
Post #42

QUOTE (Doc @ Aug 18 2013, 10:55 PM) *
have sigs been disabled totally now Mc?

Sort of, they show for topic starters (first post of a page of a topic), with all replies succinctly underneath each other.

This in turn saved space and was done in turn with increasing the number of posts displayed per page.

alpharx7
Post #43

I've been having the same issue as fearless.

my email notification was set that way McLeod, something changed on your end / was reset.

it's been happening on and off over the last two weeks, or at least that's the time in which I've noticed it's been happening again.

fearlesss
Post #44

It just started doing it again as well !! I swear I didn't touch anything. I've posted in a bunch of threads last few days but just then I got a notification about the Cannonball run thread sad.gif

Now it's doing it for all the threads and It's defiinently ticked don't notify me in my control pannel

Mcleod
Post #45

QUOTE (fearlesss @ Aug 20 2013, 07:43 PM) *
Now it's doing it for all the threads and It's defiinently ticked don't notify me in my control pannel

Hmm, it's probably related to the new mobile site release today, I'll make a note to look into it tomorrow.

NOI23
Post #46

Im using my Mobile and can't find a 'My Items' tab

Mcleod
Post #47

QUOTE (NOI23 @ Aug 20 2013, 08:30 PM) *
Im using my Mobile and can't find a 'My Items' tab

Check out the 'My Ads' area, see below:

Special k
Post #48

New mobile site looks pretty. All the colours are there.
a few little things buffing me though.
When I open a topic of opens to the first post on the first page. Not the most recent post like it used to. even after I opened the thread and then went back to see if it opened to the last post I'd read.
page skip buttons only at the bottom of the page. .. because it's opening to first page I have to skip to the end. Would be convenient if they are top and bottom.
there's only the back button at the top and not the button to go back to the forum Index. so after I've skipped to last page and I want to go back to topic list. .. if I click back it goes back to first page of thread.

Other than that smooth sailing so far

Mcleod
Post #49

QUOTE (Special k @ Aug 21 2013, 10:30 AM) *
New mobile site looks pretty. All the colours are there.
a few little things buffing me though.
When I open a topic of opens to the first post on the first page. Not the most recent post like it used to. even after I opened the thread and then went back to see if it opened to the last post I'd read.
page skip buttons only at the bottom of the page. .. because it's opening to first page I have to skip to the end. Would be convenient if they are top and bottom.
there's only the back button at the top and not the button to go back to the forum Index. so after I've skipped to last page and I want to go back to topic list. .. if I click back it goes back to first page of thread.

Other than that smooth sailing so far

Thank you very much for your feedback, it's greatly appreciated.

The mobile site is "meant" to take you to the last unread post of a topic, so this is a bug.

We should have this fixed later this afternoon!

I too have thought that a back button at the bottom would be helpful rather than pressing top and then back, the trouble is fitting such a button in amongst the page number navigation. Will have a think about how to achieve that...

Special k
Post #50

pressing top then back isn't a great issue. It's more so that back takes me to the previous page rather than straight back to topics.

fearlesss
Post #51

It also seems like the video posting is broken,
When I tried to insert a you tube video normally it works fine in the preview but not in the post once submitted.
Then when you try just inserting a link to the video for people watch it tries to embed it in the post but doesn't work either. So you can't post youtube videos or link people to them. Check out the Cannonball run thread I think a few people have the same problem

Special k
Post #52

On the plus side I just opened this thread and it opened to first unread post.
top work!

Doc
Post #53

vids seem to be working,, but are very small..

ie:

Mcleod
Post #54

QUOTE (Doc @ Aug 21 2013, 09:15 PM) *

It's basically 99% width for devices based on 320px wide (most smart phones), such as that below. Are you using a tablet or a particularly large phone?

Doc
Post #55

im actually on my pc

Special k
Post #56

I'm happy that vids fit on my screen again.

Mcleod
Post #57

QUOTE (Doc @ Aug 21 2013, 09:44 PM) *
im actually on my pc

Alright, will check it out, thy should be just as large as usual on desktop computers.

Draven
Post #58

yeah small on my laptop as well

Draven
Post #59

Is it normal that when someone is on Mod review that when they post, part of it is seen by everyone in the live feed on the right on side???

Shuffs
Post #60

There is definitely a problem with the You tube downloads on the main site(using a desktop),as Fearless said,it does everything right,(posting it up,preview etc)
until you hit Add Reply,then your post appears but no sign of the video,thanks in anticipation Mcleod.

kirk
Post #61

QUOTE (Doc @ Aug 21 2013, 12:15 PM) *

We have a fix for the size of the video... should be up later today

Shuffs
Post #62

QUOTE (kirk @ Aug 22 2013, 09:53 AM) *
We have a fix for the size of the video... should be up later today

And the fact that you can't post a You Tube video using a desktop?I've seen a couple of threads
here,where people think they have posted a video,and it only shows their comment E.G.
Docs post in this thread
http://www.boostcruising.com.au/forums/ind...owtopic=2267817
99.9% of my Boost surfing is done on a desktop

Mcleod
Post #63

QUOTE (Shuffs @ Aug 22 2013, 09:06 AM) *
And the fact that you can't post a You Tube video using a desktop?I've seen a couple of threads
here,where people think they have posted a video,and it only shows their comment E.G.
Docs post in this thread
http://www.boostcruising.com.au/forums/ind...owtopic=2267817
99.9% of my Boost surfing is done on a desktop

Thanks for the detail, will sort it out shortly.

Shuffs
Post #64

QUOTE (Mcleod @ Aug 22 2013, 10:20 AM) *
Thanks for the detail, will sort it out shortly.

Thanks Mcleod,fixed,gave me a shock,when I saw how many videos had been posted in the Spam thread last night
was like some body turned the lights on! thumbsup.gif

Doc
Post #65

cant seem to post on my mobile since the update, unless im connected to wifi,
have tried a few browsers, maxthon and chrome but nothing, forum shows
up and loads everything fine. just when i press post it just keeps loading

any ideas... and yes i have plenty of data and have also tried clearing history and cookies and so on.

GODZILLA
Post #66

is it just me or what... go to edit ad and can't ad pics??? no option

Mcleod
Post #67

QUOTE (GODZILLA @ Aug 23 2013, 09:00 PM) *
is it just me or what... go to edit ad and can't ad pics??? no option

Use the 'choose photos' option and the red buttons on images to remove photos.

edit - I see what you mean when using a PC, likely wont be fixed until Monday. Thank you for letting us know.

Mcleod
Post #68

QUOTE (Doc)
any ideas... and yes i have plenty of data and have also tried clearing history and cookies and so on.

Would you mind trying again, I've flushed a few cache settings on the servers in the hope it helps.

GODZILLA
Post #69

Use the 'choose photos' option and the red buttons on images to remove photos.

Choose photos? my end must be playing up. see pic

wolfman101
Post #70

I am also having the subscription issues. And strongly dislike the sig removal...at least in the full desktop site. I can understand it for mobile, but I think it's a crappy move for the main site.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 2 of 7
Jump to page
124 User(s) are reading this topic (124 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x