New Site Layout | Feedback & Bug Reports - Please post all feedback and bug related reports  

Page 1 of 7
Jump to page
Mcleod
  • Mcleod
  • Senior User
  • Member No.: 1
Post #1 post 1st May 2013 - 11:48 AM
Hi All,

Please use this thread for comments and criticisms regarding changes to this website.

If you see a page that doesn't quite look right or something that doesn't work properly, please take a screen shot and post a bug report in this topic.

Thank you

(The old thread started regarding things that happened many months ago, so we're starting fresh).

--------------------
:: BoostCruising :: The Automotive enthusiasts site with extensive Car Sales, loads of Car Parts, mags, wheels and Tyre Sales, along with subs, tweeters, head units, speakers, heaps of Car Audio. Over a million Aussie's can't be wrong!
Lurch
Post #2

I personally like the Integration with Facebook - As long as users can choose weather their Facebook info will appear on boost

the_random_hero
Post #3

I don't think the ads going down the side of the page on every single topic/home page are big enough

Mcleod
Post #4

QUOTE (the_random_hero @ May 7 2013, 04:27 PM) *
I don't think the ads going down the side of the page on every single topic/home page are big enough

Skins are pretty common on websites these days as part of limited scope campaigns, and It's only running for one week.

Please be patient, it won't bug you for very long as it's only a 7 day campaign.

fearlesss
Post #5

Free stickers is awesome,

But I tell you want annoys people worse than been penetrated by fruit.

When you're at work sneakily browsing a forum and a Video pops up and starts blaring through your speakers that you can't close because there's not x button or it takes to 10 seconds to find out where the mute button is.

https://www.boostnetwork.com//database/f...60758_thumb.jpg

sad.gif

Mcleod
Post #6

Hey,

We don't like it either but unfortunately there's next to nothing that we can do about it... we can selectively block specific ads but new ones start all the time.

fearlesss
Post #7

Those sneeky Adwords bastards

I'm not sure if this is the site or it's me.

I just tried posting in the Audi TT mirror thread and came up with Orange boxes ?
I also noticed Wolfman also replied I could see on the side bar. however when going into the thread nothing was there ?

https://www.boostnetwork.com//database/f...48011_thumb.jpg

Update. I can also see my own posts on the side bar

The Governor
Post #8

Whats with the new layout?
It is all too crowded now and harder to see the individual posts, from a distance it looks like a whole mumble jumble. The way it was yesterday was fine.

Mcleod
Post #9

QUOTE (The Governor @ Jun 13 2013, 04:11 PM) *
Whats with the new layout?
It is all too crowded now and harder to see the individual posts, from a distance it looks like a whole mumble jumble. The way it was yesterday was fine.

It's basically the second step towards the new mobile friendly layout where the desktop, tablet and mobile experience is consistent.

This particular layout in the forums has been used for Members Rides / Cruising & Events for several months now which was the first of many steps :-)

We're trying not to 'freak' people out with too many changes in one hit...

alpharx7
Post #10

how are we meant to quote someone now, or is that something of the past?

mark1414
Post #11

QUOTE (alpharx7 @ Jun 13 2013, 05:54 PM) *
how are we meant to quote someone now, or is that something of the past?

Hit reply.

Twat In The Hat
Post #12

I don't know if I'm alone on this one, but I like the new layout. The only thing I still want back is the time of post. It says 16 minutes ago, 23 minutes ago, 2 hours ago, 2 weeks ago etc, but I much preferred it when it had a time stamp. Any way we can have that back? Or both?

TXR05
Post #13

DO NOT LIKE. I hope my capitals makes a difference.

Doc
Post #14

multiquote feature gone has it?
has everything gone smaller again, i now have my browser stretched out to 125%

Mcleod
Post #15

The removal of signatures was basically a mistake, they should have only been hidden for mobile devices so they're showing now for desktop (but will be disabled for mobile devices) and the multi-quote option is available although hardly anyone knows how to use it...

fearlesss
Post #16

I know I sound like a broken record but. This change again is a move backwards not forwards sad.gif
Taking away the time stamp off each post is possibly the worse of the changes.
I doubt you will find a single forum/ bulletin board/ blog on the entire internet which doesn't have time stamps on posts

fearlesss
Post #17

QUOTE (Doc @ Jun 13 2013, 10:21 PM) *
multiquote feature gone has it?
has everything gone smaller again, i now have my browser stretched out to 125%

You can multi quote (however I doubt 90% of people will ever figure out how to which again makes this forum evermore less user friendly)

You have to find the little quote text link for each persons post, click on it and it will move it slightly to the right, then scroll to the bottom and click advanced.

Mcleod
Post #18

QUOTE (fearlesss @ Jun 14 2013, 04:49 PM) *
You have to find the little quote text link for each persons post, click on it and it will move it slightly to the right, then scroll to the bottom and click advanced.

It turns black... you might have to click refresh in your browser.

Either way, multi-quote has been difficult to use and/or understand for quite a long time... it's not the most intuitive function on the board and hardly anyone uses it.

fearlesss
Post #19

It does now cheers., Also I see the time stamp is now in the bottom left corner wink.gif

Faun-
Post #20

aw. no more button on bottom of each post.. now just blue writing.
o well i\ll get used to it i spose

AGI78-GTO
Post #21

with adblocker it makes the site so bland now haha. feels like im reading some old archived thread off google

Doc
Post #22

cant seem to add pix, either by add image or upload.

.Tim.
Post #23

The new image viewer, on IE (dont laugh, work computer) every time I click next image it scrolls down the page and I have to scroll back up to see the image. Very frustrating when trying to view large galleries

Cheers

Mcleod
Post #24

Testing adding a picture..

QUOTE (.Tim. @ Jul 21 2013, 11:11 AM) *
The new image viewer, on IE (dont laugh, work computer) every time I click next image it scrolls down the page and I have to scroll back up to see the image. Very frustrating when trying to view large galleries

Cheers

Any idea what version of internet explorer?

Or, please go to http://www.boostcruising.com.au/whoami.php whilst using your work computer and copy/paste the output.

Cheers!

Twist
Post #25

Another issue I have when replying to a topic, is the reply box increases in size. Kinda gets annoying.

.Tim.
Post #26

IP : 203.X.XXX.X
City : Brisbane
State : Queensland
Country (abrev) : AU
Hostname : www.boostcruising.com.au
boostweb1.sanitytechnology.com Cookies : Array ( [PHPSESSID] => j3njkqjkk97k649cjnoq2eva11 [BCSI-CS-643ae59bb06de82b] => 2 [toolboxsel_0] => 1 [toolbox_activesel_0] => feed [sections_gallery_view_0] => 0 [session_id] => 7a0900d83c72774ea32856dc5fd5a844 [__utmc] => 172229680 [topicsread] => a:1:{i:2210633;i:1374449680;} [guest_last_visit] => 1373526397 [__utma] => 172229680.232700251.1373526378.1374376751.1374449669.15 [__utmz] => 172229680.1373526378.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none) [member_id] => 98987 [anonlogin] => -1 [forum_read] => -1 [pass_hash] => 6990ede1e9acb263a73a4973a379c66c [history] => 1 [__utmb] => 172229680.3.10.1374449669 )

Doc
Post #27

any updates to the forum coming soon Mc?

Would you bring back bigger av's and all the user info under it some day?. was so much better that way,
and the "Top" button.

.Tim.
Post #28

For sale site,

Does not give me the option to choose what engine variant is in my vehicle and default lists it as a 6cyl

http://www.boostclassifieds.com.au/advert/...8-for-Sale.html

I have created the ad once already, found the error, went to edit the ad with no option to update any of that information, marked the original ad as sold and then re-created the ad... nowhere in which did it give me the option to select the engine.

Could this please be looked into and updated

Thanks

Mcleod
Post #29

QUOTE (.Tim. @ Aug 2 2013, 05:49 PM) *
For sale site,

Does not give me the option to choose what engine variant is in my vehicle and default lists it as a 6cyl

http://www.boostclassifieds.com.au/advert/...8-for-Sale.html

I have created the ad once already, found the error, went to edit the ad with no option to update any of that information, marked the original ad as sold and then re-created the ad... nowhere in which did it give me the option to select the engine.

Could this please be looked into and updated

Thanks

The vehicle information is based on the year/make/model/series of car entered, are you sure the series selected was correct?

Otherwise, please list again and click the help icon at the top right and request for your ad to be edited.

.Tim.
Post #30

Mate, there was no option for series and It wont let me list it again today (as this is the second listing)... will click the help icon though. Thanks

fearlesss
Post #31

Boost is auto subscribing me to every thread I post in again which is really annoying getting an email every time someone posts in the thread. This happened about 6 months ago maybe and I can't remember how to turn it off.

https://www.boostnetwork.com//database/f...43611_thumb.jpg

Mcleod
Post #32

I agree that it's been a little bit too aggressive with the notifications, I've pushed it back to one notification per thread (only ever one, regardless of more replies or not since your last visit).

fearlesss
Post #33

Has it changed recently to auto subscribe you to threads you post in ? It's only just started doing it today sad.gif
Or is there a way to turn it off so it doesn't send me an email ?

Mcleod
Post #34

Will work on an option to disable early next week.

Mcleod
Post #35

It won't do it for Off Topic stuff (like spam thread etc), the idea is mostly for topic starters to be notified of replies.

• Member Login

If you have a BoostCruising account enter your user name and password into the yellow box.

Alternatively, you can quickly login with Facebook.

If you don't have an account create one below.

Create Account
  • Login with Facebook

Login using your Facebook account!

Page 1 of 7
Jump to page
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
x